Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Shining Armor and Cadance?

ggg-2

(edited)

in the season 3 premiere, when the Crystal Empire reappeared, Celestia asked for Shining Armor and Cadance to be sent there. but why them specifically? why didn't she and Luna go themselves?

Edited by ggg-2

I guess because Luna and Celestia have stuff to do in Canterlot, and thus can't really leave that often. 

Or maybe they had some other reason, maybe they felt they'd do better, I have no idea really for sure.

I would like to believe that Celestia didn't go to the crystal empire because after the first time she fought sombra his fear magic sorta got into her head and over the years she developed a deep rooted phobia of sombra and could barely even consider the thought of facing him again.

after the way she reacted when she found out the Empire was back I doubt that she would stay in canterlot simply for royal duties I hink something must have made her think it was best she didn't go.

Celestia knew and sensed that the Crystal Empire and its people needed someone who could unify them and lead the kingdom, raising their spirits and confidence.

While Celestia is a exceptional leader and could defend against the threats facing the Crystal Empire logistically, she probably could not go, her duties anchoring her to Canterlot and Equestria. Moreover, and more importantly, as we learned in A Canterlot Wedding, Princess Cadance has the unique ability to create and spread harmony and love to those around her. That made her an ideal candidate to send to the Crystal Empire. The crystal ponies when they first returned from their banishment were lost, confused, and moreover psychologically and emotionally scarred, scared, and despondent lacking any love or joy, so someone that could awaken or restore those things inside them and help them lead the kingdom like Cadance would have been vital to not just restoring the Crystal Heart, but leading the kingdom in the foreseeable future.

Shining Armor, as Cadance's husband, provided emotional support for Cadance, and his military background and strong will allowed him to lead the others when the need arose.

• Brohoof 1