Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ages of Cadance and Shining Armor?

Haruyou

If we assume the mane six are roughly in their teens and Cadence was a teen when she started foalsitting, it's probably safe to say Cadence is about 33 and Shining Armor is 25, as she is Twi's older brother.

• 4 weeks later...

Mane 7 ponies are 13-17 and CMC are 6-9. Twilight was about 5-7 during foalsitting scene. Cadence looked about 15-18 so she should be about 25-28 now. And Shining should be about 28-32.

I'd say Shining Armor is about 5 years older than his sister.  Cadence strikes me as being 2 or 3 years younger than him, given her being prone to more child-like behavior.

• 1 month later...

Hmm... I would say they are in their 20's, maybe their early 30's. I would assume that they aren't too much older than Twilight and her friends, considering Shining Armor only looks a couple of years older than Twilight in her flashbacks.

• 6 months later...

The ages are iffy in this show... I think we can safely say that Applebloom is an older child, Cadence in the flashback is a teenager, the mane six are older teens-young adults, and Cadence and Shining Armor currently are adults. I view the Cakes as older adults, and then Granny Smith is an example of the elderly.

I'm going to say that in the flashback, Twilight is ~12 and Cadence is ~16, making them 4 years apart. If Twilight is 18-20 now, then Cadence is 21-24 or so. Maybe Twilight was 10ish in the Flashback, so that just means there's a 6 years difference. Cadence can be anywhere from 21 to 26, maybe up to 28 at a stretch.

Late 20s, early 30s my guess.  Assuming they have human years.  30 is old by horse standards. 35-45 is dying age.

Since Granny Smith has been around for centuries  (Maybe she's a secret Alicorn) ..  I have no idea.  But comparing to a human I'd say 25-33.

• 4 weeks later...

my honest opinion, i think cadance and shining armor are the age that the average person is when they're just out of college, it might be shining armor's "surfer dude"-esque voice but they don't really seem all that old

well, judging by an approximation of Twily's age in her flashback with both Shinning armor and Cadance, she might be around 6 yrs at the time and the elders must be 15 at least. Since the mane6 are around their 21 (if we count Dashie's 21 birthday in Pinkie Pride episode), Cadance and Shinning Armor must be around their late 20s to early 30s in my head

I'm going to guess in their mid-20's, with Shining Armor a little older, of course.

It would make sense, it's not really that hard to tell that they act a little older than the Mane 6.

At least, that's what I think. ^^

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I assumed they are about the same ages as Prince William and Princess Catherine at the time of their marriage. Though I am less certain about Cadance because I do not know how alicorns age. She was notably younger when she looked after Twilight. Do alicorns age like normal ponies until they reach the equivalent of adulthood, at which point aging slows considerably? Is Cadance actually at least several centuries old? Was Cadance always an alicorn, or did she become one later on?

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias