Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Computer help

Codelyy

You can pray or light some Holy Candles.

The truth is you can't really make sure. 

Right... That makes me very confident XD

A shot in the dark here, I remember having an issue like this before and it ended up being a memory incompatibility. The verified memory list for your board is here:

http://www.msi.com/support/mb/FM2A55ME33.html#support-mem

Can you verify that the RAM you are using is supported?

You might also try swapping and reseating the memory modules, but that may not help. Worth a shot if you're poking around in there anyway.

Tried that and there only one stick of ram.

Right... That makes me very confident XD

Tried that and there only one stick of ram.

Could be an incompatible or defective stick. Updating the BIOS could help if it improves memory compatibility.

No, there is only one stick. If the stick was not working properly, the computer would not even start. But, updating the BIOS could help.

A computer can run with a defective memory stick. You might experience issues such as crashing or freezing or incorrect memory reporting such as what's happening here, but it can definitely run. There are technologies such as BadRAM in the Linux kernel that allow the OS to identify and map around bad locations in memory to continue using them.

A computer can run with a defective memory stick. You might experience issues such as crashing or freezing or incorrect memory reporting such as what's happening here, but it can definitely run. There are technologies such as BadRAM in the Linux kernel that allow the OS to identify and map around bad locations in memory to continue using them.

Oh, I see. I just learned something new today. Doing a Memtest may help in order to detect any potential errors. 

(edited)

Oh, I see. I just learned something new today. Doing a Memtest may help in order to detect any potential errors. 

I've already done one and everything was clear

Edited by Codelyoko373

Well, you can rule that out as well, then. 

I still think you should contact Microsoft as there seems to be no hardware problems.

Well, you can rule that out as well, then. 

I still think you should contact Microsoft as there seems to be no hardware problems.

Or i could just update my bios?

Can you get your hands on another stick of memory? It would be a good check, if nothing's wrong with a different stick installed, it could just be your board not liking what you have in it.

I would be surprised if Microsoft had anything to offer beyond what was stated on their knowledge base about hardware reserved memory.

Or i could just update my bios?

I think I told you to do that as well. Yes.

Now, if you are afraid that something bad will happen, you can always light some Holy Candles and/or wear a Saint Medallion :lol: 

• Brohoof 1

Now, if you are afraid that something bad will happen, you can always light some Holy Candles and/or wear a Saint Medallion :lol:

I guess but all i can is wish for the best

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 7.20GB now and all i had to do is update the Bios

• Brohoof 2

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 7.20GB now and all i had to do is update the Bios

I'm really glad you got that fixed :D

Since this problem is resolved now, I will go ahead and lock your topic.

• Brohoof 1