Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to 42 Before 42, Dovashy or (sometimes) Stormgiggle, or Sir Hugs posts

FortyTwo42
Message added by Ice Princess Silky,

Hello, everyone! If you are not Sir Hugs then you should feel free to count here while also knowing he is one huge derp. :pout:

Well, I have some spare time now, but not too much. So I'll get started replying to some of your posts, but I won't be able to do them all yet. Actually, I'll only be able to do 2. But one of them is really long, so I've done a lot of work! Also, this link for for 42's benefit so he can easily find the post he left at. 42 has started seamlessly swapping between first and third person in my paragraphs, and now even my own sentences. Is a sentence still grammatically correct if one switches between points of view in the same sentence? And why do I feel like 42 has just gone on a Pinkie-esque tangent? Time to get back to comments!

2r2=(2r)2 ? That'd be crazy! Unless of course if r=0 it's a true statement. This may not be crazy anymore but it's certainly very silly, after all what's the point of a circle if it's radius is 0. Hmm, if you yourself were the circle then no one could ever divide by you again I suppose.

Speaking of silly, you've just done something very silly indeed 42. You gave me more power. The way I see it, there's 3 different ways I can sew chaos with these coupons. First is this, what if I were to use one as the first or second post of a count, causing the count to go negative? As the count symbolizes traps we've disarmed, having a -2 would mean there's 2 more traps than there were originally, I've just created something from nothing, I've broken physics as we know it! Second choice would be to completely skip a dethrone, for example skipping from 41 to 43 with it. One does not simply skip over the thrown we've disarmed 41 other traps to get to, that's crazy talk! And what's more, what if I saved it and skipped over the big one, that's right what if i skipped over 1764. Pure chaos would ensue.

I think though that I'll choose the third choice, the most cunning and devious of the choices: I'll just keep them. You've given them a value, but it's a value that no one knows what is worth, not even you I bet. Are they too powerful, are they too weak? People will wonder, and they'll want them, giving them even more value. And if anyone ever wants to see their power revealed, then you'll have to give out another coupon. I'll be forcing your hand, and now that you know that's part of my plan you can't do it, you can't let me control you can you? You see, I now hold ALL the power in my sneaky little hands. You're too kind to me 42.

It was terrifying. It was just me, my imagination, and the ghosts for 2 days. The ghosts were scary, but my imagination was the worst part as I could only imagine what terrible ends my fellow counters had come to. Did they perhaps fall into a hole just like this one and after a while of being alone just like me did something worse come to finish them off? I hope not super slow moving spikes, that would suck. Woops you didn't hear that, I didn't just give you an idea for a new trap. D:

Thanks.

... Nailed it!  :yay:

Totally Not Lyra (+5)

Trottermare Galamane (+21)

It's already happening! D:

Yeah, I wasn't thinking clearly when I made that error. But it's not that simple; that error was buried within manipulations I was doing to massive equations! There were so many things to keep track of, and the majority of my focus is making sure I keep track of all the minus signs properly!

You bring up two very good (and one not-so-good) points about potential problems with the use of 42 coupons. +5 points for that! I hadn't considered these cases before, but now that you've brought them to my attention, I shall address how I intend to deal with them.

For your first point about potentially creating negative numbers, I say negative numbers shall be allowed should the counter-stoppers be that devious (Also, should you be called counter-stoppers if you only slow the count slightly instead of stopping it completely? Perhaps I should call you count-defenders instead or something like that). Anyway, for a physical interpretation, it shall mean you've already gone to the effort of resetting all the traps in my lair and still have more time and effort to spare, so you then create additional temporary traps outside the entrance to my lair.

(And if I post at any time, even if the count is negative, the count shall be set to 0. Posts by counter-stoppers shall always set the count to 0, regardless of the circumstance. Consider that me wiping out all the traps in front of my lair because I consider them an eyesore or something. Of course, I'd be pretty crazy to actually post when the count in negative like that, so it'll probably only happen if I'm extremely bored or I fall under mind control or some other bizarre circumstance.)

For your second point about skipping dethrones, I shall officially consider the first post to be equal to or above the dethrone value each count to be the dethroning post. So, if you are on 41 and skip the count to 43, that 43 gets the brohoof for being the dethroning post. Note in particular how I say 'first post each count'; I will not count it twice if you reach 42, decrease the count, and then reach 42 again before a counter-stopper posts.

For your third point... You are evil. I don't even know yet if this system will be well received or not yet! it may be just the thing to spice up this game and make it much more exciting for everyone! Or it may very well be that this needs to be abolished and then every memory of this horrible decision erased from all of your minds! Which means I need you to test them or we'll never know! If this becomes a major problem, I may need to implement some sort of 'use it or lose it' policy. You shall keep your three 42 coupons for now, but you have been warned. You shall get -5 points for being evil. I am the ultimate authority in these lands, and I shall be recognized as such! :proud:

Thanks for the trap idea! You know which idea I'm talking about. I can't divulge much more information on it than that since then you'll know exactly how to best some of my upcoming traps in my new lair.

You found the part where I spoke in first person! Have an extra point for that!

Yes, you need to step up your game if you want to keep ahead of Trottermare. And you know, hoarding the 42 coupons doesn't exactly help. :dry:

I don't have any. They are worthless to me. I practically own your system currently. :P

I can't believe that you would mistake that math problem. Anyone above HS should know that 2r^2 is 2 x r^2, and (2r)^2 is (2 × r)(2 × r). Order of Operations, 42. You're supposed to be good with numbers. :yay:

Don't worry, the points are worthless to everyone! Unlike 42 coupons, the points help with absolutely nothing! Well, maybe they're good for self-esteem, but I can't think of any other possible use for them. Although you make a good point; if you practically own my system, you really should be appearing on my point list. So, I'm giving you 1 point just so you'll appear on it. You're welcome! :squee:

I am good with numbers, I swear! In isolation, it seems like a very blatant error, but in what I was doing it was buried underneath all sorts of crazy algebraic manipulations and it was amazing that I didn't make any other mistakes!

So, the point totals so far:

Totally Not Lyra: 90 (+1)

Trottermare Galamane: 42 (+0)

Crescent Light: 5 (+0)

Wolf General Alpha: 5 (+0)

Lightwing: 2 (+0)

CinnamonPop: 1 (+1)

(I only got through two posts so far; there are potentially many points still to be awarded!)

Is a sentence still grammatically correct if one switches between points of view in the same sentence?

Only if you are not quoting someone (which makes it rather hard to tell but yes it is technically correct)

But it's not that simple; that error was buried within manipulations I was doing to massive equations!

May I ask what you where working on or is that hidden in conspiracies? (oh and if you find this 42 watch out for my domino project as it could destroy a large amount of lairs very quickly)

For your second point about skipping dethrones, I shall officially consider the first post to be equal to or above the dethrone value each count to be the dethroning post. So, if you are on 41 and skip the count to 43, that 43 gets the brohoof for being the dethroning post. Note in particular how I say 'first post each count'; I will not count it twice if you reach 42, decrease the count, and then reach 42 again before a counter-stopper posts.

I don't know? I think it would be more exiting if you could skip dethrones. it would add a possible problem to us if under the exact circumstance he posts on number 41, he could do it but that is very situational and people generally want to be number 42 so it usually goes quicker right at the end anyway making it hard to achieve and if he does manage to do it, you can simply count it as a fake lair made to waste the time of the people.....and if he by some chance gets ninja'd then he would have lost his coupon as he did use it? Just a thought as it might make people keep a better track of the forum so they can do some unexpected things ¦) 

For your third point... You are evil. I don't even know yet if this system will be well received or not yet!

Well I would still like to give it a try if ya offering?

Yes, you need to step up your game if you want to keep ahead of Trottermare. And you know, hoarding the 42 coupons doesn't exactly help.

I doubt I will be that high up the list as he is still more then double me....and have you ever played a Bethesda game? Hoarding can be fun...  

packu_ratu_the_collector_by_pepooni-d64m

"by pepooni"

Don't worry, the points are worthless to everyone! Unlike 42 coupons, the points help with absolutely nothing!

hahahaha Oh yes you keep thinking that ¦) but you cant stop us from betting it on a couple games of "Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker." haha (I make plans for everything, regardless of there usefulness haha) Also I hope to Celestia that you get that reference haha

poker_night__a_pony_in_need__by_joelleth

"by JoelletheNose"

(I only got through two posts so far; there are potentially many points still to be awarded!)

Well if that's the case I might as well show you another picture that you will be want to see haha  Feast your eyes....................

entwine_by_rangifer-d5tmiqc.jpg

"by Alessio-Scalerandi"

Edited by Trottermare Galamane
  • Brohoof 2

1+1=2

this math amuses Ruby, lets keep going with this

2+1=3 is the point of the 1. 4 the 1-5-9 are 2. 6-5, 3-5! 8-9, 7-9! 32384 62643 38327! And... perfect.

I've made a Pie

p=16

i=9

e=5

16+9+5= 30

wonder what my name is worth

R= 18

U= 21

B= 2

Y= 25

18+21+2+25=66

me+pie= 96