Count to 42 Before 42, Dovashy or (sometimes) Stormgiggle, or Sir Hugs posts

FortyTwo42
Message added by Ice Princess Silky,

Hello, everyone! If you are not Sir Hugs then you should feel free to count here while also knowing he is one huge derp. :pout:

You dare laugh at me!?  That's it, it's time for a Super Nova!  :okiedokielokie: 

1! 

NOOOOOOOOOO!

42 takes 39 damage.

42 uses Addition.

42 recovers 21 HP.

I've got a good video game battle theme and I'm about to get a good character theme. Now I feel like coming up with general stats and abilities I'd have if I was actually a character in some generic turn based RPG. I've just come up with one such ability: using addition to recover HP. This video game character stuff is too f... uhh, completely serious stuff that is of the utmost importance!

You only have 42 HP!? 

In generic-game land, yeah. If it's extremely low, I might scale it up to 1764 or 74088 depending on what's good.

If I were to give myself a rating of 1 to 5 for various common RPG stats, this is what I think I'd be like:

HP: 1

MP: 5

Physical attack: 1

Magic attack: 4

Physical defense: 3

Magic defense: 5

Speed: 2

Luck: 3

(Well, I'm assuming all my math-based attacks will fall under 'magic'. Physical attacks will be getting slapped by a floating 4 or a 2. And it's balanced, because the total of the points is the same as if I gave each category a 3)

• Brohoof 1

If I were to give myself a rating of 1 to 5 for various common RPG stats, this is what I think I'd be like:

Hp: 3

Mp: 4

Physical Attack: 4

Magic Attack: 6

Physical Defense: 1

Magic Defense: 4

Speed: 4

Luck: 4 

(I fear I may not be all that balanced... But it's justified in the fact I'm meant to be taken on by a party of high level adventurers. Also, these are the stats for regular Stormgiggle, not Proto-Stormgiggle or Safer-Stormgiggle)  

1!

• Brohoof 1

I can just imagine Safer-Stormgiggle being this...

HP: 1

HP: 0

Attack: 0

Magic: 0

Defense: 1000

Magic Resist: 1000

Speed: 0

Luck: 1000

You'd be very safe to attack, and yet you'd be safe from BEING attacked :P

Hp: 3

Mp: 4

Physical Attack: 4

Magic Attack: 6

Physical Defense: 1

Magic Defense: 4

Speed: 4

Luck: 4 

(I fear I may not be all that balanced... But it's justified in the fact I'm meant to be taken on by a party of high level adventurers. Also, these are the stats for regular Stormgiggle, not Proto-Stormgiggle or Safer-Stormgiggle)  

Hey, if we're going to have epic battles, we need to be balanced! We need to even things out somehow! Well, it's interesting we both seem to be rather vulnerable to physical attacks. Will we try to launch magic attacks from afar to cover this weakness? I'd probably be able to use my doubles to good effect here.

Should we assign ourselves an element? Like Fire, Water, Thunder, Earth, things like that. Things tend to be a lot cooler when elements are involved and giant fireballs, tidal waves and lightning bolts are flying everywhere. Of course, there's heaps and heaps of elements out there, so there's a lot of choice. I'm personally a fan of Wind and Light, but those don't seem very fitting for a big, floating 42... I'll have to think about this.

Element: Water

Class: Healer

HP: 2

MP: 5

Attack: 2

Magic: 6

Defense: 2

Resistance: 3

Speed: 3

Luck: 1

Would be normal for me, but here I'm more speed....

Edited by Nomed Deps
  • Brohoof 1

Should we assign ourselves an element?

I am shadow elemental!

Hey, if we're going to have epic battles, we need to be balanced!

we need to be balanced!

balanced!

I HATE balance and harmony! :okiedokielokie:  I'd rather have upheaval! Uncertainty! UnpredictabilityChaos! ENTROPY!!!  :angry: 

Well, it's interesting we both seem to be rather vulnerable to physical attacks.

Yeah. But I know a few tricks to nullify physical attacks...

Light

Aw crap, I'm weak ageinst light/holy magic. It's one of the few ways to defeat me...

We need to even things out somehow!

I was planning to hold back my full power so it would be more fair to others.  

2!

Edited by Safer-Stormgiggle

After thinking about it, I think Light could be a fitting element after all. When I'm using one of my math abilities, I'll use my light element to create glowing numbers or equations that represent the ability I'm using. Then stuff happens. That glowing 0 floating towards you might suddenly explode. That glowing plus sign floating towards me might heal me, unless you snatch it first. In addition, light is what we use to see things, so having control over light can allow you to make illusions, which explains my ability to make doubles!

Or maybe I'm just biased towards Light, since it's one of my favourite elements and all. So, do you also think it fits me as a 42?

Aw crap, I'm weak ageinst light/holy magic. It's one of the few ways to defeat me...

I swear this has nothing to do with it! I did mention Light was one of my favourite elements before you said you were weak to light!

I HATE balance and harmony! :okiedokielokie:  I'd rather have upheaval! Uncertainty! UnpredictabilityChaos! ENTROPY!!!  :angry: 

But... What about having epic battles? The battle will be over much sooner if one side overpowers the other!

I was planning to hold back my full power so it would be more fair to others.  

Oh, I guess that works for balancing... But that means we only win when you let us win! How can I enjoy my potential victory against you knowing that?!

I am shadow elemental!

I knew it! Creepy, horrific necromancers who love horror just have shadow elemental written all over them!

Yeah. But I know a few tricks to nullify physical attacks...

Oooh, what tricks? I might be able to learn from this and help myself prevent physical attacks.

Not sure what my element would be. What would a robotic Pegasus even be? Either Air or Thunder right?

They both seem perfectly fitting for you. I can't choose between them. Well, you're you, so you should be the one to pick the element you prefer. Or if you really can't choose, maybe you could be both? I don't see anything wrong with having two elements.

But... What about having epic battles? The battle will be over much sooner if one side overpowers the other!

And there will never be a winner if both sides are equal to one another!

Oooh, what tricks? I might be able to learn from this and help myself prevent physical attacks.

I'm not going to reveal all my tricks, but I do have a handy spell called Shadow Veil. It surrounds me with a aura of dark magic which can deflect any physical attacks directed at my person. However, it can't protect me from magic or physical attacks imbued with magic...

For you I would recommend blinding flashes of light (You can't hit what you can't see!) or magical protective barriers created from light. 

But that means we only win when you let us win! How can I enjoy my potential victory against you knowing that?!

Well, if you really want to fight against me while I'm at my full power, then you should all gang up against me. It should be a fair fight then. 

1!

Edited by Safer-Stormgiggle

And there will never be a winner if both sides are equal to one another!

It seems we have different philosophies here. Now I'm starting to agree that some unbalance is required... Stop it, you're changing how I think! You just sneaking into my mind so you can shatter it with a sudden horrific image and leave me defenseless! I know how you work!

I'm not going to reveal all my tricks, but I do have a handy spell called Shadow Veil. It surrounds me with a aura of dark magic which can deflect any physical attacks directed at my person. However, it can't protect me from magic or physical attacks imbued with magic...

Since I predominately use magical attacks, I don't think I'll have to worry about this Shadow Veil spell. But you have a good amount of magic defense, so I do have to worry about that...

For you I would recommend blinding flashes of light (You can't hit what you can't see!) or magical protective barriers created from light.

Exactly! Tricks like these are one of the main reasons light is one of my favourite elements! I could also let light pass right through me, essentially rendering me invisible.

Well, if you really want to fight against me while I'm at my full power, then you should all gang up against me. It should be a fair fight then. 

But I'm light elemental, which is your weakness, so would that balance out your huge amount of power and make our 1 on 1 battle be a fair fight anyway?

• Brohoof 1