Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Breezies or Flutterponies? What are they, and which should return?

ManaMinori

No offense to breezie fans but i would love to see the flutterponies return if the redesign is handled well.

Something along the lines of this perhaps?

Cherry_Fiz_Flutter_pony_by_Tamizery.jpg

Now that i think about it,Rarity din't look to far off from a flutterpony in Sonic Rainboom

G1 Flutterpony

tumblr_lnhd6l1o8a1qeuz19o1_500.png

Butterfly Rarity or w/e. 

135398186524.gif

All this talk of "Bug type" or "Fairy type" makes me think of Pokémon! As far as I know, bugs don't build little houses, nor can they communicate with us. Fairies are generally accepted to be able to do both... and most bugs don't live in a separate pocket dimension that is only accessible for short periods. So, I would be more inclined to classify them as fairies than as bugs.

And I loved the little guys/gals, with their Gaelic accents and distractable personalities.

:lol: Let's just say Breezies are fairy.gifbug.gif

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I thought the breezies were a great addition to the G4 era, and I'd be up for seeing more pony races in the future.

No offense to breezie fans but i would love to see the flutterponies return if the redesign is handled well.

I think you guys would be pleased to know that the IDW MLP comics have already tied in G1 with G4 and made the mane 6 go off on an adventure to save THE FLUTTERPONIES, actually just as mention in passing, rather than show the actual adventure. So this gives me hope that the Flutter ponies will get some episode time in g4, now, too.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff436/mummiesonmopeds/Misc/1_zpsc56c57bf.png[/img]

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff436/mummiesonmopeds/Misc/2_zps28790bd1.png[/img]

3_zps00b882b7.png

@Pinkamena: That redesign is cool. I hope that if they are brought back, they look as nice as that. Or this, which is more in a g4 style

(this is a pic of my OC, please, please, please do not steal it)

lookatmyponymyponysamazing_zpsbcae9eb1.p

come to think of it; the recent pics of the EQG characters, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk look like they shared a similar wing design to the Flutter Ponies of G1. Short, curvy, and shimmery. Winder if they could be humanized flutter ponies.

• Brohoof 1

@Pinkamena: That redesign is cool. I hope that if they are brought back, they look as nice as that. Or this, which is more in a g4 style

(this is a pic of my OC, please, please, please do not steal it)

lookatmyponymyponysamazing_zpsbcae9eb1.p

come to think of it; the recent pics of the EQG characters, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk look like they shared a similar wing design to the Flutter Ponies of G1. Short, curvy, and shimmery. Winder if they could be humanized flutter ponies.

Throws Pokéball at OC... other trainer knocks the ball away.... darn. :P

if you feel that way, then say bye bye to 3/4 of the Mane 6, because they were characters from G1, themselves. Same from g3 and G3. You can say goodbye to some of the G4 background ponies, too, in that case.

I'll agree with you that the Breezies sucked, but everyone seems to love G4 Tirek, so it's a hit or miss with incorporating past gen characters. It was a hit with the mane 6, too, who also come from past gens. And if it weren't for those ponies, the show wouldn't exist as what it is, today

so it really sounds like you're just bitter and hostile against past gens, and are nitpicking. I don't believe if Flutter Ponies are brought in, that they'll be nearly as bad as the breezies, but hold their own with the other characters brought over from past gens.

"Against" past gens? No no no, I love the past gens. I love them even more than G4; in fact, I'm not really fond of G4 myself. I don't want great ideas by the other gens to be copied and ruined by being put into G4 with a dull G4 style.

Plus, the whole thing about the main 6 "being" the G1 characters is baloney to me. Even if Lauren Faust took a little inspiration from them in the character making process, that doesn't mean she brought the G1 characters back into G4! It just means she took semi inspiration off them! Plus, there is no identification/resemble with the main 6 and G1 ponies. To me, most of the cast/minor characters are just copycats of the G3 ponies; either with different names or personalities.

Again, I LOVE the past gens even more than G4 (I actually don't like G4 that much)! I just don't want amazing ideas by the past gens to be copied; that's just me.

Throws Pokéball at OC... other trainer knocks the ball away.... darn. :P

hey, I told you no stealing! Don't even think about it! Not only would you be disrespecting me by taking the character I created, but also the artist who drew her you'd also be stealing their art from.

-breaks pokeball- No. Bad Sunny Fox. Shame on you.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Flutterponies were the most powerful characters in the franchise. Seriously, the could have taken Discord and Celestia combined with ease.

They were pretty OP and mostly served for Deus Ex Machina.