general What should you prioritize?

Kronos the Revenant

Which should you prioritize first?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Which one is more important?

• Feelings
    • Future

(edited)

While I care a lot about my feelings, my whole life is counting on my future which is why I should prioritize it first. While feelings can be fixed (not all the time) and patched up, a screwed up future is very hard to get back on the right track.

Edited by Sondash Studios

My future, otherwise I would have not gone to university. I would not have chosen a practical degree in a high paying field I would have chosen to do what I felt like doing. Which was to do nothing. That and I have savings, investments etc that are important.

I’m gonna go with feelings... I spend too much time worrying about my future and it actually has been eating away at my mental health, so with that being said, I’m trying to focus more on the now, and myself, in the present. Things will be much better for me in the long run that way so win win. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

While I think it's important to set aside our feelings so we can better ourselves in the long run, I'm rather terrible at doing this in practice, i.e., I wasn't great at completing assignments I didn't like in school, I procrastinate on projects I don't feel like doing, and I won't work somewhere I'll feel miserable in.

That last bit is the biggest to take away from I think, because if you aren't happy or passionate in the slightest for your work, then not much will come of it or your performance. Even though a place might offer growth and opportunity, it's not necessarily worth it if you'll feel bad the entire time.

Learn when to suck it up, and when to quit, for yours and everyone's sake. 

• Brohoof 1

A lot of time, anxiety comes from an uncertain future. Therefore having a plan and working towards it can improve your mental state. I was depressed when I didn't know what I was going to do for work. But having a job and saving for the future is good peace of mind.

(edited)

I would like to say pretty even split. But if I had to choose it's definitely feeling, though I think I am in a lucky position to choose this over future which I am very glad for. Though I try to work on improving my situation towards a place were I can be more content (which I feel is based on feeling?)

Edited by Eniac

My future. I just want to have a big and happy family with my partners. I was telling my girlfriend this just last night:

If I could, we'd be living in our own place, engaged (maybe married), baby on the way, us having a couple pets...and I'd just want to snuggle on the couch with you, watching a monster movie or two, and have a jack o'lantern burning outside. Because every day would be Halloween for us.

All I care about is my future: making a living out of my music, and having a strange and unusual family with my partners that I would die for.

Feelings. dominating and controlling your feelings is something most people ignore. Without focusing in mastering your feelings, they will only get in your way and make you choose bad decisions, jeopardizing your future

• Brohoof 1

You might get the help you need if you focus on your feelings. Once you learn to control them, you'll have a better understanding on how to prepare yourself for the future.

• Brohoof 1

I have always prioritized feelings over future.  Feelings are what get you places.  Your feelings can either drive you to success or drive you into the ground.  So it’s important to prioritize that. 

The feelings you have now may shape your future. So I'm going with feelings. The future will get here in its own time so make the best of what you have right now and let it shape the things to come. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

From own personal experience, definitely feelings. Your future is nothing if you're in a constant downward spiral.

• 2 weeks later...

Feelings as that affects everything around you, especially the future. 

• 6 months later...

I've always found it strange that these two factors have been considered to be mutually exclusive.

The future that most people think they want is usually based on their feelings - either those at the time, or factors that they're worried about and want to avoid/etc in the future. And if you choose to pursue a future which is antithetical to these feelings for the sake of some misguided idea of "success", then you'll often end up feeling unfulfilled and potentially even miserable, until you do actually start to listen to them.

When channeled appropriately and tempered properly, feelings can become a powerful tool that self-styled emotionless robots like me can even feel comfortable employing to achieve one's goals. 😉 I do think that, provided you have some semblance of control over your feelings, they're always the way to go.

Feelings vs Logic would be a better comparison. But even then, I'd make the argument that they're not inherently incompatible.

Both,

Better put, "your feelings in the future" cant be short sighted either way, it isnt about "instant gratification", its about how am i going to feel for the rest of my life, and what is going to make me the most happy for the rest of my life.