Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Eternal Night

(edited)

Link to OOC thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/104021-eternal-night/

The moon came up one night... and it never came down. Equestria was plunged into an eternal night. Canterlot just disappeared on that night. In its place was a crater. Eerie lights surround where the castle used to be, anyone who has went to investigate these odd lights has disappeared as well. It's been a week, and the moon stays the way it was; it remains full, and is now like the new sun, the only light left. Some ponies took pleasure in this eternal night, partying, until they realized how terrible things would become. Trees and plants are dying, crops are failing, hour by hour it gets a little colder. Ponies have scattered, and some have gone insane; some have became evil; many have even died. But not everything became evil, some ponies want to become heroes and fight for good, others... just want to survive.

Lucid could not look down. He laid on the ground and stared up into space. The night was cloudless. and the moon was locked in eternal limbo. Thankfully, the moon was full and there was some light; enough light to see.

Edited by Lucid Dream

Frost leaned himself up against a tree next to his friend, his gaze followed that of Lucids into the sky, he quickly looked back down and scoffed. "I don't know how you can keep looking at that moon, I've seen it to much for my taste." He said in grumbling tone, Frost wanted to know why this happened, stop or reverse it, and make everything right again

Rampart Charger had watched the unending moon long enough. He took up his lance as he slowly stood. He had been sitting in an open field contemplating his mad idea. He began running headlong for Canterlot...or rather what used to be Canterlot, his goal those mysterious lights in the pit of darkness where the proud city once stood.

There was a lone cloud over the space where canterlot used to be. Syuren sat upon it. He had to go to great lengths to even find this cloud and push it to that spot. He sat there, lamenting upon many things. He thought to himself.

' damn... I should've been here! Kazas, Rezik, and Sirok... They were in canterlot the day it disappeared. I of course, just had to be on a mission! This is what the divine retribution order was meant for! To destroy anomalies and corruption like this... I haven't seen one sign of them.... I feel so lost... Not only that, but pops had his shop in canterlot too... Everyone I know and care for is gone.... Not even I can crack a joke about this.'

He stared at the moon. And cursed at it bitterly. " damn you! Fall already! Let the sun greet us now! You've had your time!"

Of course, he knew the futility of cursing an astronomical body, but that didn't keep him from venting his anger.

The Everfree Forest. A mysterious place. A dangerous place, An interesting place. And, with the night stretching on and on, a currently unapproachable subject of fascination. Drawn Masquerade waited patiently for several days, well, nights, well, maybe one really long night he supposed. What WAS Luna up to? Or Celestia. Either seemed as though they might remedy this situation and yet, *sigh.* Drawn sighs wearily as he collects his materials and packs his saddlebags with the journals, ink, and other tools that he /should/ be recording his time in the forest at the moment. Instead he turns himself back down the road to Ponyville. It several nights walk...no...still the same night...through the smaller town and towards the capital to see what all the fuss was about.

Sitting on the remnants of his cloud house above canterlot, hidden thanks to a trick with the light, he watches the lights. "Where are you my Princess? How can I protect you if you and your castle even have disappeared?" Spreading his wings, he takes off, searching for clues.

(Woe I got a mario feeling from my post)

Frost leaned himself up against a tree next to his friend, his gaze followed that of Lucids into the sky, he quickly looked back down and scoffed. "I don't know how you can keep looking at that moon, I've seen it to much for my taste." He said in grumbling tone, Frost wanted to know why this happened, stop or reverse it, and make everything right again

Lucid shivered, he could have sworn it was warmer last night; and the night before that definitely was warmer than this night; or was it... 1 night... or.... 3 nights?

Lucid lost track of time at this point, he needed a watch.

Lucid turned to frost. "Sorry, its just that its the only light besides the fire."

Lucid knew Frost before the endless night began. He saw Frost as his best friend, one of his only friends. Lucid heard about the insane murders, and the dissapearances. It was a comfert to know somepony sane watched his back.

He had grown extremely skiddish since he had heard the rumors of killer ponies. Killer ponies, ponies that didn't mind the fact they we're ending lives. He was more afraid than ever, but he bottled his fear up as it grew. The scariest thing to him, was the fact that he hadn't even seen these ponies, so his imagination created horrific images of them. Every hour the images got worse and worse. Some part of him said they we're probably just rumors, the other part battled his common sense and Lucid was stuck between this crossfire in uncanny valley.

((since everyone is split up i will describe everyone's findings soon))

Frost looked over to Lucid with a smile "Well that is true, but I still prefer not to look at the sky, it seems bland to me now, almost scary, it was seen as beautiful once a night now that it's up 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it's become a curse." He said standing up from where he was sitting to give his legs and back a good stretch. "What time is it anyway? I can never remember." He asked his friend

Syuren thought to himself.

' damn... I left xirgox's spear in canterlot too... All I have is this lance that I brought along. Great. No mythical spear means no divine entity. No divine entity means no overly-awesome wind powers. And that also means that I truly am alone.... No. I've had it with being alone, and not to mention that ineven in bad times, I took an oath to protect all innocents that I could from chaos... Of course I still liked to play pranks on them... I guess I'll go out and search for some ponies again... Maybe some are hanging around the everfree, collecting the last good fruit.... Maybe I could get some.'

With this, syuren's mind was set. He flew off of the cloud with such force, it disappated into thin air. He flew toward the everfree, flying low so he could hear any cries from other ponies as he called out to them. " hello?!? Is there anyone left?! Hello?!?"

He shouted as he flew to the everfree. Maybe... Just maybe... He'd get lucky.

Seeing another pony fly off from canterlot, Mirrorwing changes direction and flies after him. "Maybe he knows something, all I know is I have to find her fast, the world wilk freeze soon. And the other half will burn, the world will become unlivable at this rate."

(edited)
"What time is it anyway? I can never remember."

Lucid nickered a bit annoyed that neither of them had a watch. "I'm sorry but i really don't know."

He looked around for a little, taking in the view of the desert. "By the way, got any water. If it wasn't for that well we ran into we would be as good as dead right now."

@,

@,

Both Syuren and Mirrorwing could see a reddish-orange light below, a campfire. There seemed to be a few ponies trotting around it and talking. Both could hear light harmonica music. The ponies below them did not notice the pegasi above.

@@dusk shade,

The lights coming from the old ruins flickered, changing colors. Eerie sounds and creaks were audible. 

@@Manonstilts

An eerie sound, a bit like howling came from the depths of the forest. This sound was gritty, it was not natural at all. It sounded like the insane moans of an old machine... but slightly organic and pony like...

Edited by Lucid Dream

@Lucid Dream

Syuren saw the faint glow. " what.... Ponies! Out here! Maybe I should play a joke.... No. Not this time. Too grim a time for a joke. Still, they look rather thirsty... I wonder if there is a cloud around....."

Syuren looked around for a cloud. He managed to find one above the everfree. He flew to it, grabbed a chunk of it, and started to fly down to the ponies at the campfire. He flew as fast as he could. It's been awhile since he had any interaction with others. He landed near the campsite, still holding the cloud chunk.

He decided to try and talk to them. " hey, uhh.... Saw your campfire... If you let me hang out for awhile, I have this cloud that still has some rainwater left in it."

Seeing the fire and the other pony fly towards it, Mirrorwing angles down, gaining speed. Upon closing to the ground he spreads his massive wings and glides to the campfire. "Hello there little ponies, I saw your fire and this Pegasus that I was following head towards it. I have a question for you all. Do you have any idea of what happened?" He asks, hopefully.

@

@,  

Five ponies where present at the campsite, five ponies they could see. The air was foul. These pony's clothing seemed either too big or small for them. All of these ponies were stallions.

They looked at the two pegasi; they almost looked ashamed of something, some of them glared, others looked down. One of these unwelcoming ponies seemed to be hiding a sack of what sounded like coins and assorted treasure. An old unicorn with goggles looked at the cloud Syuren held.

A younger looking red earth pony wearing party glasses and dirty cloth smiled; it wasn't a happy smile. "So your not here to hurt us. Oh good, we thought you were here to rob us," he said in an ironic, cruel voice; grabbing something in the dark.

The pony holding the bag full of coins tried not to drop it and kept looking away.

"Who are you ponies? Why do you act so suspect? If you were afraid of robbers, then why stay out in the open? It seems rather foalish to me. But then again, it has been ages since I was that young, maybe it is normal. Anyways, what are your names? I will tell you mine after"