Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need info about Ponyville for fanfic. Help Please!

nx9100

Hello,  I am writing the next chapter in my story, which takes place in Ponyville.  Only problem is, I really don't know the layout of the town, or what's there (besides the library), as I don't really watch the show.

The story takes place about 60-80 years after the show (haven't seen end of season 4, so assume it didn't happen, like alternate timeline).  Town is abandoned and falling apart.

This is a chase scene, with the enemies chasing two of my characters.  They will start out in Vinyl and Octavia's house, but again, don't know where they can go from there.  I know the library is close by (from the Epic Wub Time video on youtube), but what else?  

Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated!

(Moderators: I put this thread here, instead of Creative Resources, cause I assumed those in this area would be more familiar with the show to help with details.)

I would recommend watching the show if you are writing fan fiction. Not just for this specifically, but other details that your audience would expect you to get consistent

Edited by Jeric

If I were you, I'd probably google a map of Ponyville.  I've watched the whole series and I probably couldn't tell you the town's layout very well.  I can tell you locations, but just because I tell you whats there that doesn't tell you where they are in the town.

I'd recommend watching more of the show as well :D

Well, let's try carefully thinking about this:

What DO we know about ponyville? Hmm...

- It has a lot of earth pony traditions and motif (a farming community?)

- Most buildings there are small, private estates..

- Rural landscape.

Other buildings include: The Carousel Boutique, Sugarcube Corner, Town Hall.

- It may be worth to note it has a train station.