Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sceethe

I just thought i´d share my newest Painting with you guys,maybe i can even get some feedback? :D

fluttermage_by_sceathlet-d7ujdd3.jpg

Tried out a lot of new things with this one.

Unfortunately, i messed up the composition a bit. :/

• Brohoof 10

I just thought i´d share my newest Painting with you guys,maybe i can even get some feedback? :D

img-2957470-1-fluttermage_by_sceathlet-d

Tried out a lot of new things with this one.

Unfortunately, i messed up the composition a bit. :/

I think its great and you definitely have a nack for this me personally im a crap artist as stick men are all im good at :-s. Seriously though its a beautiful pic.

• Brohoof 1

I think its great and you definitely have a nack for this me personally im a crap artist as stick men are all im good at :-s. Seriously though its a beautiful pic.

Yeah I can also draw a mean stckman :P

• Brohoof 1

thanks atleast I still have it lol ya made me laugh yourself but in seriousness do you do art yourself?

Not really but if you count computer programming and software design as art then yeah

• Brohoof 1

Not really but if you count computer programming and software design as art then yeah

ya could count that as a form of art yeah art doesnt just limit to drawing it counts to creation I think and programming and software design is creating something well thats my idea of it anyway but what I dont consider art is a blob of paint thrown onto paper I call that a mess.art is beauty to me for example the pic above was created in an amazing way and this artist took the tjme to actually do it. And now im gunna stop as im starting to sound like im pretending to know what im talking abiut when in truth I dont lol.

This looks great, I love the detail in the trees and how it looks almost exactly like the show. Keep up the good work :D

Thank you very much,although i really didnt want it to look like the show( i dont think it does actually, for various reasons.But i guess you mean the Colour scheme?I kinda see why that would look like the show :D)

Thanks :) .By the way, stick men are important to art, since they will resemble the most basic of anatomy that a figure can have :D

Kinda reminds me of Fable. What a game that was.

Fable 2 was awesome in my opinion!

I really loved the artstyle of that game, kinda shows in my works sometimes, i guess.

WOW! 

that is so detailed i wub it  :wub:

Thank you <3

ya could count that as a form of art yeah art doesnt just limit to drawing it counts to creation I think and programming and software design is creating something well thats my idea of it anyway but what I dont consider art is a blob of paint thrown onto paper I call that a mess.art is beauty to me for example the pic above was created in an amazing way and this artist took the tjme to actually do it. And now im gunna stop as im starting to sound like im pretending to know what im talking abiut when in truth I dont lol.

l

Lol yeah art is awesome I've always been so mesmorised by the approach some people make to it I always wanted to do art but I cou Ltd never even get an outline right for a simple drawing.

Wow, this looks really good. Lots of detail into it!

Fluttershy kind of looks brown though for some reason. Idk if it's intentional, or just the lighting effect or what, but she seems kinda brown to me as far as her fur color goes.

Also I'm confused with why the tree she's leaning against looks entirely different in texture from the others.

But overall those are small things, and as a non artist I can't come up with a whole ton of critique, hopefully that helps though!

Again great job!

• Brohoof 1

l

Lol yeah art is awesome I've always been so mesmorised by the approach some people make to it I always wanted to do art but I cou Ltd never even get an outline right for a simple drawing.

as long as you can hold a pencil, you can draw, trust me on that :D

Drawing isnt really the skill of making lines, its more or less "trying to imagine 3-dimensional things on a 2-dimensional medium" ( yeah, thats how i would put it, if i had to summarize.)

But who am i to talk, i still have so much to learn, i havent even scratched the surface yet.

@@Sceethe, Fable was amazing. Fable 2 is one of the best second games in a series ever. 

Indeed it was. Fable 3 however..

• Brohoof 2

l

time and practice my friend ask sceethe im sure with a pic like the fluttermage he can really give pointers. The closest I get to art is my music as I listen to epic trailor music among other things but that is my main source of inspiration like ivan torrent and R armando and audiomachine. They are on youtube. You can also find them on soundcloud if you are interested in trying something like that. Its not everybodies thing though. Anyway like I said if you want tips im sure sceethe will help if you ask nicely :-)

(edited)

Wow, this looks really good. Lots of detail into it!

Fluttershy kind of looks brown though for some reason. Idk if it's intentional, or just the lighting effect or what, but she seems kinda brown to me as far as her fur color goes.

Also I'm confused with why the tree she's leaning against looks entirely different in texture from the others.

But overall those are small things, and as a non artist I can't come up with a whole ton of critique, hopefully that helps though!

Again great job!

first of all, thank you :D

i did intentionally make the tree completely different from the other because, in theory, it should add to the composition since it adds a focus point to the drawing.

its really hard for me to say here if this is just your personal opinion or if i did indeed miss something somehow.i need more opinions on that :) ( if i did,then i have some major research to do)

yes, her skin colour is indeed more brown.

for various reason actually, mostly because the brown i used is a warmer color and should add,again in theory, add to the mood of the scene.

its also for technical reason, but i wont go into detail here since i would have to give you a lot of context first :)(if you want to know more about it, i could tell you however :D)

Edited by Sceethe
  • Brohoof 1

first of all, thank you :D

i did intentionally make the tree completely different from the other because, in theory, it should add to the composition since it adds a focus point to the drawing.

its really hard for me to say here if this is just your personal opinion or if i did indeed miss something somehow.i need more opinions on that :) ( if i did,then i have some major research to do)

yes, her skin colour is indeed more brown.

for various reason actually, mostly because the brown i used is a warmer color and should add,again in theory, add to the mood of the scene.

its also for technical reason, but i wont go into detail here since i would have to give you a lot of context first :)(if you want to know more about it, i could tell you however :D)

You are welcome.

And ah I see, that makes sense I suppose. I can see how it does draw attention to the spot, of course In another way I still find it odd to have one tree be so different looking, but I kind of understand the reasoning.

Similar thing with the Fluttershy colors. I understand it in one way I suppose.

Of course changing her fur color can also make her a bit less recognizable, I still recognize her simply by her mane, but something to consider I suppose.

You could explain things in a technical sense, but as someone who has no real knowledge when it comes to art it'd probably just fly over my head for the most part :P.

So I guess just take my observations with a grain of salt, as I don't really know much about art frankly :P.

Again great job!

• Brohoof 1

You are welcome.

And ah I see, that makes sense I suppose. I can see how it does draw attention to the spot, of course In another way I still find it odd to have one tree be so different looking, but I kind of understand the reasoning.

Similar thing with the Fluttershy colors. I understand it in one way I suppose.

Of course changing her fur color can also make her a bit less recognizable, I still recognize her simply by her mane, but something to consider I suppose.

You could explain things in a technical sense, but as someone who has no real knowledge when it comes to art it'd probably just fly over my head for the most part :P.

So I guess just take my observations with a grain of salt, as I don't really know much about art frankly :P.

Again great job!

im trying out a new technique( lol new,people have been using it for ages in the art industry)

it involves drawing everything in black and white( actually shades of grey --> Greyscale) and adding colors on top of it using various layers with different settings,like Multiply and Overlay

now why would you do that?basically it lets you see the values(--> basically the "lightness" of a colour) of your picture directly, you dont have to worry about colors and you can just focus on light and shadow(--> Form)

now if thats not enough you can always just change the colors of everything whenever you want, all my colours rest on one single layer, i could just make fluttershys mane green, her hat brown with the click of a button.(thats important for concept art in video games, artists can easily make design changes of different things.)

now the biggest problem is that certain colors dont exist in certain values.

if i would make her skin tone yellow,it would either look like she is glowing or she would look kinda green on certain parts of her face.(it is basically photoshop´s way of telling me "this is gonna look crap, dont do that" )

this is where i kinda run into problems, i have to read some articles about the subject or ask people that actually know what they are doing so i can see how other people deal with that problem.

hopefully that explains it a bit :D

• Brohoof 1

im trying out a new technique( lol new,people have been using it for ages in the art industry)

it involves drawing everything in black and white( actually shades of grey --> Greyscale) and adding colors on top of it using various layers with different settings,like Multiply and Overlay

now why would you do that?basically it lets you see the values(--> basically the "lightness" of a colour) of your picture directly, you dont have to worry about colors and you can just focus on light and shadow(--> Form)

now if thats not enough you can always just change the colors of everything whenever you want, all my colours rest on one single layer, i could just make fluttershys mane green, her hat brown with the click of a button.(thats important for concept art in video games, artists can easily make design changes of different things.)

now the biggest problem is that certain colors dont exist in certain values.

if i would make her skin tone yellow,it would either look like she is glowing or she would look kinda green on certain parts of her face.(it is basically photoshop´s way of telling me "this is gonna look crap, dont do that" )

this is where i kinda run into problems, i have to read some articles about the subject or ask people that actually know what they are doing so i can see how other people deal with that problem.

hopefully that explains it a bit :D

Oh ok :P. Certainly technical.

Still, I think I understand it a bit better, and I also understand that you have quite a technical understanding of art :P.

But yeah, it makes more sense now, thanks for the explanation!(even if I didn't understand all of it completely :P)