Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need a tutorial on the FiM:CCG

Discordant

Hi -

My son is trying to learn the game, (and thus, so am I), and was wondering if there were any recommended websites/Youtubes that can walk a novice through it. Thanks for any advice, and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD8jQn6SV3A

I found this video the most useful, very basic, but it hits all of the main parts of the game that you need to know.  Don't get frustrated, it was pretty difficult for me to learn, because they made all of the terms in the game "PG."  Instead of using "destroy," it's dismissed, and in the newer set, there is dismissed and retired.

Dismissed = Destroy

Retired = Sacrificed

Other websites you can use are ponyhead.com.  Which is a deck building and searching website.  Another is tradecardsonline.com. It lets you look at other players deck builds and comments on cards other users have posted.

After you get the basics down, it's all about repetition.  You can search around on youtube for people who record the games they play against other people. 

This game is really enjoyable and I hope you get into it! It's not enjoyable just because its mlp, I actually never watched the show until after I learned this game! Just stick with it, it's a ton of fun!

If you have any other questions, you can send a message if you need :D