Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Earth pony as a new Mane 6 leader

Zefir

Let's imagine a whole new cast of characters. Somewhere in G5 maybe. Great evil is about to awaken in the land, and quite an unsocial earth pony visits -INSERT PONY TOWN NAME-, for whatever reason or background he/she comes from.

What do you think would be different in the show, assuming it would go similarly to the one we know? What would be the mane character like? How would the adventures unfold? Would he/she receive an alicorn upgrade as well? What would be his/her background?

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I feel like in a way the scenario setup is basically earth pony Twilight. 

How the whole series would play out would just I feel like it'd be like if they swapped around the characters a bit.

It might be a bit different, and it might even be a good bit different, but idk.

What could happen is entirely up to a ton of stuff.

Yes you should rather ask how the show would be if Twilight was an earth pony?

Anyway this would be interesting, especially when they have to fight villains because the main character doesn't have magic.

And maybe no alicorn transformation. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

The way you phrased this makes it seem like you want differen opinions and wishes because this is incredibly open ended, could be anything.

That's what I am aiming for.

Honestly, I feel like in a way the scenario setup is basically earth pony Twilight. 

How the whole series would play out would just I feel like it'd be like if they swapped around the characters a bit.

It might be a bit different, and it might even be a good bit different, but idk.

What could happen is entirely up to a ton of stuff.

However 'earth pony Twilight' wouldn't be able to study magic, because she wouldn't be an unicorn. Also because of that she wouldn't have the connection to princess Celestia.

Yes you should rather ask how the show would be if Twilight was an earth pony?

Anyway this would be interesting, especially when they have to fight villains because the main character doesn't have magic.

And maybe no alicorn transformation. :derp:

Twilight is already a bookworm and a researcher, so I guess she would focus more on technological and artificially magical devices.

And the change of group power dynamic would be awesome, since Twilight wouldn't be the "flings magic to solve everything" character.

• Brohoof 2

And the change of group power dynamic would be awesome, since Twilight wouldn't be the "flings magic to solve everything" character.

I totally agree! This is one of the show's flaws IMO.

Twilight is already a bookworm and a researcher, so I guess she would focus more on technological and artificially magical devices.

I agree Twilight is bit overpowered. Her to be earth pony would make it bit more intresting to see how they would deal with problems then now it's basically magic all the time.

You know, considering how the last season ended and considering how Cadence exhausted herself in a certain season, it's completely possible for Twilight to become magically drained. And not just for 1 episode, maybe have it prolonged over an entire season, basically reducing her to that of an Earth Pony. It'd be an adjustment, but also a learning experience, making her a better and more humble princess when her magic recovers.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I think it would be an even better plot if this unnamed Earth Pony was actually worst enemies with five other ponies, and they had to come together to defeat a great evil and through their journey they actually get to know each other and change their minds about each other.

Then again, I guess that's similar to Equestria Girls in a way since the Mane Five didn't like each other when Twilight came to their world, but I think it could work.

As for the Mane Six Leader actually being an Earth Pony, I'd be alright with this since I think Earth Ponies need more love. What their role would be I'm not sure of. Maybe some type of engineer or something, or a very clever pony who outwits opponents instead of trying to blast them head-on with Magic like Twilight Sparkle.