Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which is the pseudonym?

ggg-2

As we find out in Daring Don't, Daring Do and the author of the book series featuring said "character", are one and the same, and that all the characters and the villain are in fact all too real. But which name, AK Yearling or Daring Do, is actually the pseudonym?

(I'm not sure I understand your question)

I think her pseudonym is AK Yearling and her real name Daring Do. I think she's an adventurer who once got the idea to write about her adventures.

• Brohoof 4

Daring Do feels more like a typical pony name, while A.K. Yearling is a lot more complex than what we normally see.

Plus, it's somewhat more likely she was an adventurer first and then decided to write up said adventures, using a pseudonym at that point.

• Brohoof 1

I think AK Yearling is the psuedonym. First of all, it doesn't really sound like a pony name to begin with, and also I like Daring Do better.

Daring Do is her real name. It does not make sense for a lowly author to get sucked up into Ahuizotl's plans. How could she know about such things? I think she was an adventurer first, then developed the name AK Yearling as a hobby or something.

• 11 months later...

IMO, BOTH names are pseudonyms.  I will point to the real life case of Raconna Sheldon/ James Tiptree Jr.  (I'm relying on my memory for the 1st name, but she was a retired CIA agent who wrote scifi for a while & created a false ID to attend cons)

She would do this to ensure her privacy, not wanting to be bothered by the likes of fangirl Rainbow Dash while trying to work.