Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

17 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"We were somewhere, in a forest, yesterday. Someone there sold these. It tastes like fire."

She'd pop the cork off, as the unmistakable smell of dragon chili came wafting out. Which basically smelled so hot, that it could made your nose hairs curl from a distance. She'd then dip her tongue in the bottle, getting a few drops, and would slide it into her mouth. After a second or so, smoke would bellow out of her nostrils, and a small ember escaped the side of her mouth. It didn't last for much longer than that, but it should show the authenticity of the product. Which weren't her intention. She just wanted to taste this, and would put the cork on again afterwards.

"It says chili on the bottle, yes? The vendor said it did. It taste like the other bottle I drank. Very varm."

“Chili, huh? Dragon chili… I’m not familiar with this, though it looks like a very hot sauce that could…. Whoa! The smell is already getting to me. And there might be fire in your nose! Quick! Drink some water or the fire alarm will go off!”

The baker quickly ran into the back room and grabbed a cup of water to hand to Omen. By her looks and mannerisms, her calm disposition immediately turned into panic, and when she got back, she’s likely would have wanted the Ki’Nathar to down a little bit into her nostrils to put out a possible fire that could’ve started in it. Then again, that could just be Peaks freaking out over nothing, but knowing absolutely nothing about the possible side effects of dragon chili sauce would give her reason to be more than concerned. That, and it’ll ruin a lot of things in the store. The bread will become soggy, and she’d have the close the store early because nopony in their right mind will want to buy wet bread. That’ll really put a dent into the store’s finances and resources. A waste of bread and no money to make up for it, plus clean-up… Not a good way to go about the day.

By the time the whole spectacle was over, Peaks could relax for a moment, though her panting was evidently heavy, especially if nothing else happened and the worst thing to transpire was making herself look like a fool. Better that than going home without any bits to add to her coffers. If a few drops of dragon chili sauce was all it took to start a spark, one could only imagine what several drops would do. Though this might be an opportunity to expand her clientele to dragons if she could get the ingredients right. However, this wasn’t really the time for prospecting potential customers or going back to what Omen said earlier about seeing creatures that aren’t around anymore, though she’d make a note for that in case she’ll broach that topic. It may be a little more difficult to raise, seeing as the Ki’Nathar pretty much said enough to confirm that she has been around for a very long time.

“Phew! Miss Omen, if I could offer you a tip, please don’t try eating things that could start fires in the store. That said, maybe I could point you to some alternatives that are just as spicy without the side effects? I’ve heard ponies use nicknames for some chillies, and the two that stand out are the Ghost Pepper and The Reaper. Very intimidating and for a good reason. These are the kinds of chillies that can bring any pony down to their knees and make them cry for the pain to stop. Perhaps those are the kinds of chillies that interest you?”

Whatever it was that Stiff Peaks experienced earlier, Munchkin didn’t seem to notice, as her attention was squarely fixated on the refraction. Seeing his tail drop down, as if prodding her, was an enticing sight. All the more she was tempted to try and play with it. For the moment, she lifted one claw and moving it to where the tail goes, enticing her inherent hunting instincts. Seems like something is starting to get Munchkin’s attention, as she was mostly interested in the odd creature. 

If Shrimp were to tuck his tail away, Munchkin would go back to chattering. It seemed this was what got the little creature to get its tail out, and if given the chance, they might start playing some more.

17 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I think that we can set some boundaries with Omen, and likely should, as it would help her integrate into polite society better. Small steps though. I would advise that we might begin, by letting her know that if she transports herself, and find her target in one of a few situation, that she should retreat, or at least ask if they were busy. I'd think the simplest ones would be if they were using a toilet, were sleeping, or appeared to be in a meeting. We can branch out in time, but I'd be concerned that we might be too hasty, and would have her misunderstand something, were we to try too many things at once.

In regards to messages, if Omen isn't available, I can introduce you to a few couriers, and aliases of mine, that you can use, in case you need to leave me a message. I cannot say for sure when I would receive it, but it should be something that would lead to me getting the notice you want, as intended. In turn, I'd ask for how to contact you, in case I were unavailable to connect directly to you.

And Ghilan seems like a fine longma, but I am one who believe in facts, rather than bolstering. The more he proves his meddle, the more trust I will have, in regards to his abilities. If you think of him as highly as it seems, I cannot imagine it would then take long for him, to show me something reassuring."

“I couldn’t believe it myself when I first learned Ghilan became an elder. Only time will tell if his toughness will hold true when he isn’t fighting. As for Omen, we’ll take it slow and see what we can do for her, though maybe your couriers could be spending untold amounts of time traveling from Equestria to the longma’s forest if she couldn’t deliver our messages. That’s going to be a long walk, and we spent years on the road. Only reason we could go back and forth now is because of the gates.”

“Brother, I think Rosa meant it the other way around. We'll be the ones to pass on our message to a courier to get it to Rosa. It wouldn’t be efficient if the messenger had to deliver something urgent if the receiver is too far away.”

“Oh… Yeah, I guess that makes sense. That being said, we still need to figure out how to get a message homeward in case Omen can’t.“

“Hmm… You remember that cave we stayed in? I’m thinking about turning that into a second home considering no one has disturbed it for years. Even the old bedrolls and the fire pit I dug were still there after all this time. If it’ll continue to stay that way, it might be a good place to set up, and I’ll be bringing some things there make it homelier. We can leave messages there; maybe it could be a place for you to lay low in case you need it. I’ll be sure to leave a little mail box to keep the messages safe and dry. Sounds good, right?”

The cave was in the outskirts of Canterlot, closer to the newer town, though still off the beaten path. There was a trail that started from the side of the road, just about a third of the way if facing away from the entrance. One would need to start by the distance marker closest to town, take a few steps forward, then turn toward the side with a visible cliff face wall and a winding path with overgrowth. The area that marked the cave’s proximity were two trees with five visible claw marks scratched deeply into the trunks. It was only a matter of walking a short distance between the two trees to find the cave entrance.

@Blitz Boom @flutterJackdash

Skittles would listen and nod, "I guess it's up to interpretation" she'd say, shaking her head. before looking to everyone and nodding "Well, you may be able to walk on your own, but I don't think going into town by yourself is such a good idea, the town is quaint and smalll, but you can still get lost" she'd say to Delilah, then looking to Nerzhei "If it helps, I don't mind if you wait outside of town while Honey and I get Delilah to the doctors and somewhere to sleep" she'd suggest to her "I get the feeling you and the townsponies don't exactly..get along all that well"

@Blitz Boom

Dawn were of course impressed with her own work.  Albeit, this were a lesser version for just the pouch compare to that which she had enchanted their saddle bags with.  Rising had no complaints, but also no reason to inflate his sister's already gigantic ego.  His twin was a master of weaving spells with tapestries second only in beauty to that of Alicorn magics.  Even Dawn's most grand spell didn't hold a candle to the one weaved by Princess Celestria a thousand years ago that banished Nightmare Moon to the lunar surface.  Of course, that was before factoring personal preference in beauty in the eyes of one Detective Rising Dusk.  Not everything had to be grand and over the top to be pleasing to the extra senses.

"My secret Space Expansion Spell," Dawn mused to herself.  "No portal, darling.  I have simply expanded the space inside the pouch, without touching the outside," simple she says, Rising rolls his eyes.  "As an object nears the opening, it is then beholden to the a constriction spell to fit.  After which, it will expand again inside the enchanted space.  Then, of course, a modest addition of shelving to place things upon," she explained.  "Finally, a thin link to wish fulfillment.  All too troublesome to have to feel around inside the pouch so large without falling in yourself.  So, one simply thinks of what they want from inside the pouch, and their hoof, or levitation spell, will find it," Dawn finally finished.  Skipping over the more complex parts and rules set into the spell that had filled the whole room a moment ago.  With all that done, she dropped the pouch into Rising's waiting hoof.

"I see you have an eye for the profession of trade.  A valuable commodity my special containers would be," she fluttered her eyelashes.  She needn't hide behind it.  When a pony was good at something, one doesn't do it for free.  Rising had a different perspective on it though.  Dawn's special talent was the creation of spells, the counter part to Rising's special talent to break them.  Many of developing wizards and sorceress's travel to libraries in the search of spells discovered long ago.  Years of study and readings to perform the works of others.  Things that come easy to his twin.  Only on the most surface of levels did she truly understand what she creates on a whim.  The detective had watched countless times unicorns practicing spells.  Watching as their tapestries fail over and over again.  Crisscross in wrong ways, tie in incorrect places, form lopsided matrixes, threads too thick or too thin.  If Dawn wishes out of nowhere for a spell to wash the dishes, her rainbow threads are just... always correct.  Finding another pony that wasn't an Alicorn to teach something this complex would be a task in of itself, let alone how they could grasp it in short enough time for a busy mare.

Rising placed the enchanted pouch into his inside jacket pocket and the family moved on with the Prince.  "Ho ho ho, to share a fine meal with the royals of a distant land.  That does sound most delightful.  I do find myself becoming a bit peckish thinking about it.  However, I do hope there will be time to sample the festival food as well?" the profession inquired.  Nothing like good ol'festival food.  Carmel apples, homemade cider, all the fine pastries made in good merriment.

The royals came in view, waiting before large doors the kept the sounds of excited citizens at bay.  Rising could feel a tingle run down his limbs, like standing at the edge of a cliff with the only way being, down.  His ears flicked and his heart rate increased, just a little.  A craving for his work desk hidden away in the offices of the O.M.I. suddenly struck him.

"We have a saying in Equestria, your Majesty.  'Nothing travels faster than gossip'," Grace spoke up and Dawn nodded her agreement.  Especially in a big city like Manehattan.  Grace fluttered over to Rising and begin fixing up his suit after their journey through the castle.  Dawn ignited her horn and cast his mane in the rainbow aura, then brushed it and fixed it up.  "You look handsome, darling.  You'll be just fine," his mother assured him.  "Stand strong and remember to simple.  Remember, you represent Equestria today," Dawn chimed in.  "Thanks..." he drolled.  The mares moved away and the detective steeled himself.

"I'm ready."

@Rising Dusk

5 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"I see you have an eye for the profession of trade.  A valuable commodity my special containers would be,"

"You certainly impress me, Miss Dawn. I feel confident in saying, that if you presented such marvelous creations like this, to our markets, you would soon become a darling for many a citizen too."

The prince would retain his warm, welcome smile and demeanor, as he responded to Dawn. She were a mare one should not underestimate, that much were certain, yet more than that, she might be one whom could end up being an important influence, just like her brother were. He who had saved them, and her, who would show the grandeur, and opportunities, that would come from trading with the outside. harrowmark were not a nation that abhorred others, but after all these generations, suspicion were an ingrained part of their being. They'd react more positive to an honest show of opportunity, rather than honeyed words, and flair without substance.

It remained to see, what they had, which might be of value in return, but that would be for the vendors to decide. After it were, that some ground rules had been set, between the royals on both sides, to ensure that undesirable things, did not pass between borders.

"But such talks should wait for more opportune times. Yet I hope that you wouldn't mind, if during the festivities, I might introduce you to some of our more notable vendors? I am most certain they would be thrilled to make your acquaintance."

Rising placed the enchanted pouch into his inside jacket pocket and the family moved on with the Prince.  "Ho ho ho, to share a fine meal with the royals of a distant land.  That does sound most delightful.  I do find myself becoming a bit peckish thinking about it.  However, I do hope there will be time to sample the festival food as well?" the profession inquired.  Nothing like good ol'festival food.  Carmel apples, homemade cider, all the fine pastries made in good merriment.

"Of course, there shall be plenty to feast upon, both in here, and out there. Resources being free now, means we are finally able, to celebrate in a proper manner, without fearing we might starve this winter. It takes from our harvest festival of course, to ensure we have enough, but it only gives us more to celebrate next year, when the fields stand bountiful and free.

Yet you needn't worry about such things currently. Much will pass, and much are yet to come. In time, we shall return here, for a nice, quiet meal, as I can imagine our dear savior, will be quite exhausted, after facing what is to come."

They wanted to accommodate Rising, and give him some space to return and rest his head, yet it were not possible for them, to deprive the citizens, of a chance to see their savior. They wanted to show their admiration, and gaze upon a figure, whom were a symbol of hope, that many had imagined they'd never have. He had to make an appearance, and when all things were then said and done, hopefully he would forgive them for that.

The royals came in view, waiting before large doors the kept the sounds of excited citizens at bay.  Rising could feel a tingle run down his limbs, like standing at the edge of a cliff with the only way being, down.  His ears flicked and his heart rate increased, just a little.  A craving for his work desk hidden away in the offices of the O.M.I. suddenly struck him.

"We have a saying in Equestria, your Majesty.  'Nothing travels faster than gossip'," Grace spoke up and Dawn nodded her agreement.  Especially in a big city like Manehattan.  Grace fluttered over to Rising and begin fixing up his suit after their journey through the castle.  Dawn ignited her horn and cast his mane in the rainbow aura, then brushed it and fixed it up.  "You look handsome, darling.  You'll be just fine," his mother assured him.  "Stand strong and remember to simple.  Remember, you represent Equestria today," Dawn chimed in.  "Thanks..." he drolled.  The mares moved away and the detective steeled himself.

"I'm ready."

"A wise saying."

Queen Magenta looked towards the door, mentally steeling herself, for what were to come. She may have reigned for decades, but this were different. This wasn't some hollow words, or regular occurrence This were the end of one era, and the start of another. This were historic.

Her husband and son, would move in behind her, on either side, preparing themselves, and when Rising said he were ready, the knights would open the door, and the mumblings of the flocks of ponies beneath, became apparent.

The town they could see, were filled, as far as the eyes could see. Hundreds, if not thousands of beings, who'd as the doors opened, and they saw their queen, would grow progressively less loud, until all were silent.

The buildings and look of the town, truly did look like something from the middle ages. Stone and mortar, barren and void of paint on most buildings, with not a sign of anything like Canterlot's houses in view. Chimney's rose, with some sitting on old roofs to get space, and a chance to get a better view of what they were to see. Mostly the really young ones, accompanied by diamond dogs, and kept on leashes, to avoid accidents like trampling below.

Clothes seen were looking old of both style, and usage, barring a few examples, and seemed more normal here, than in Equestria. Very few, did not wear any, with even the diamond dogs mostly having at the very least a vest on.

Yet all they focused on, were the queen, as she rose forth, and began her speech, surrounded by her family on either side, and then the knights, flanking both them, and Rising, who were yet to move in front of things. He would be blocked, if he tried to. The queen were to speak first, as were tradition.

It would be a few minutes, with her speaking of the hardships they had faced, and how they were to now rise up from the ashes, and once again be the nation they had been told, they could no longer be. Camaraderie and family were mentioned too, but the queen did not go into long, overly explanatory things. She were very direct, and both the voice - which were enhanced by a small set in front of her, acting like a sort of megaphone - and demeanor of her as she spoke, told of a proud, direct mare, with authority nearly oozing from her every pore, speaking not down to those that had gathered for this. But rather, spoke with them, with respect, and hope.

As her speech were done, the crowd broke into a loud cheer, yet she'd raise her hoof, and they felt silent once more.

"We have achieved much, and far more must we do, in the days to come. Yet none would be possible, were it not for a pony, from far beyond our shores. Our savior, who felled the tyrant, and put the first stone, on the road ahead.

Citizens of Harrowmark. I present to you, hailing from the far shores of Equestria: Sir Rising Dusk."

She would take a step back then, and signal for him to step forth. And now, Rising would be where she were, facing a large crowd, all focusing on him, and waiting to hear what it were, that he had to say. You could practically hear a pin drop, with how silent it were.

================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-10-24 at 5:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Chili, huh? Dragon chili… I’m not familiar with this, though it looks like a very hot sauce that could…. Whoa! The smell is already getting to me. And there might be fire in your nose! Quick! Drink some water or the fire alarm will go off!”

Omen would look at the water, then lean in, and drink some of it, lapping it up like a cat. Even though the smoke had already stopped from going out of her nose, she'd go along with things, as there did not seem to be any harm to that. As it were apparent that she were also supposed to have water in her nostrils, omen would just put her entire muzzle down into the water if it were. She didn't breathe anyway, so this wouldn't cause her any issues. Not unless she tried to pull her head back, and chug it down. She were just gonna get more ear flowers if she tried that.

“Phew! Miss Omen, if I could offer you a tip, please don’t try eating things that could start fires in the store. That said, maybe I could point you to some alternatives that are just as spicy without the side effects? I’ve heard ponies use nicknames for some chillies, and the two that stand out are the Ghost Pepper and The Reaper. Very intimidating and for a good reason. These are the kinds of chillies that can bring any pony down to their knees and make them cry for the pain to stop. Perhaps those are the kinds of chillies that interest you?”

"Do not eat dragon chili inside. Understood.

I do not know the other chilies, but maybe something to try. The last sounds familiar though. I think Mother sometimes says something about reapers. Maybe I will remember to ask her next time."

She tried to think of specific details, but none came to mind right now. Maybe it were mixed up, in other thoughts, or she hadn't found it important at the time. Might even be, that Mother asked her to just forget about it, and thus, she mostly had. She could not say, at this current point in time.

"I like fire. It tastes warm. Chili is a little like fire., sometimes. This one is more than fire. I have eaten lit candles, and burning charcoal. It were less warm than this. Maybe the chilies you know, are different? Something to try someday, yes.

If it makes ponies cry, that is a bad thing for you then, yes? ponies like things that are sweet instead? I see many bakers everywhere. And many apples. So apple pie, is the best food for ponies. Is that right?"

She were giving it a shot in the dark, that were likely not gonna land. But it were a worthwhile attempt, she'd wager. The worst that could happen, were that she'd be told that was a dumb question. She did not mind that. It would still teach her something, and she did not take offense to things.

Whatever it was that Stiff Peaks experienced earlier, Munchkin didn’t seem to notice, as her attention was squarely fixated on the refraction. Seeing his tail drop down, as if prodding her, was an enticing sight. All the more she was tempted to try and play with it. For the moment, she lifted one claw and moving it to where the tail goes, enticing her inherent hunting instincts. Seems like something is starting to get Munchkin’s attention, as she was mostly interested in the odd creature. 

If Shrimp were to tuck his tail away, Munchkin would go back to chattering. It seemed this was what got the little creature to get its tail out, and if given the chance, they might start playing some more.

Things were going well, but the claw made Shrimp back away again, and hide behind Hammond. He might not be large, but he were larger than him, and about the size of a regular cat. He'd cover the refraction, in Shrimp's mind.

Hammond did not react on this, which Shrimp did also bite note in. He did not seem scared, nor backed away. And he were a larger one. Did this mean that this wasn't... Dangerous? He kept making signs at Munchkin, as he saw this, and eventually went back to try and connect the two, via his paws. He figured it worth a chance, to see if Shrimp would go closer, if he kept his paw down with him, to kinda shield him from things. He had tried to tell that to Munchkin, but the cat probably didn't understand him.

With this in mind, Shrimp would hesitantly go back out then, and once again, try and poke the cat with his tail. If the same response happened, he'd go back a little bit, just to make sure the paw were still there, from Hammond. Then he'd try going forward, and actually make contact. The claw did not make him feel safe, but he were at least not hitting *flight or fight* territory. Considering he could breathe fire, and the glittery blast, it were best that it did not go that far, and it appeared Munchkin did not yet, cause him to be truly scared, nor annoyed him enough.

It probably helped, that they were all on Omen's back, who still did not seem to really be affected by their antics up there.

“Oh… Yeah, I guess that makes sense. That being said, we still need to figure out how to get a message homeward in case Omen can’t.“

“Hmm… You remember that cave we stayed in? I’m thinking about turning that into a second home considering no one has disturbed it for years. Even the old bedrolls and the fire pit I dug were still there after all this time. If it’ll continue to stay that way, it might be a good place to set up, and I’ll be bringing some things there make it homelier. We can leave messages there; maybe it could be a place for you to lay low in case you need it. I’ll be sure to leave a little mail box to keep the messages safe and dry. Sounds good, right?”

"Yes, that could be a secure location, for messages. I have some containers dug down here and there, or hidden in other manners. I could retrieve another of those, and have a lock on it, with a few keys, distributed among us. It would allow for some privacy, just in case the area would eventually, become frequented.

As for the couriers I mention, that is mostly in regards to if you need to get hold of me, but do not have Omen near you to track me down. I have several aliases, connected to a few post boxes around the country. If something is there for me, I will be notified, and thus can assume communication once again. It might not be used frequently, but one never know what might happen, and thus a backup plan, is always a wise option.

As for the cave functioning as a safe haven: I hope it will not come to that, but if it does, I acknowledge, and accept the proposed arrangement. Thank you."

They were all but done eating at this point, with only what were saved for Omen, left yet uneaten. And it had been a nice, filling meal, yet Rosa did find that he were not feeling well, relying to much on others for his meals, at this current point in time. He needed to work, and he knew that Scarcity were well aware of that too. She probably had foregone her planned meeting between them for now, over seeing if he would come to her, before the matter with the golems were prepared.

"I do hope Omen returns soon. She have a pleasant meal waiting for her when she does. Likely fromt he bakery, that we have been at yesterday. She strikes me as one, who prefers to go with the known, rather than searching for long, if she searches for with a purpose in mind. As Shrimp is there too with her.... Hmm, hopefully that cat is not there at the same time. There might be some clashing, and potential trouble that would arise from that. Which would be a shame, to put it mildly. I'd prefer if we got along well with those, here in the old town."

He'd begin to clean the dishes, as he spoke. It had to be done after all, so he might as well get started on it, yes?

====================================================================

@AuroraGlimmer @flutterJackdash

On 2022-10-24 at 3:14 AM, Delilah Dusk said:

"Right, I'm not trying to be insulting... I'm trying to set boundaries, and despite my frustrations you are without the slightest hint of remorse. I know you have no way of knowing from looking on the outside, but I'm not at my best when being carried away by unknown entities. Don't know that anyone would be, there is a degree of sensitivity that should go into dealing with this sort of situation, not simply a visual assessment and physical reaction with no introduction or explanation. I wasn't weak, just dizzy, and I lay down of my own volition because of that. You never even asked if I could try to open my eyes, just saw that they were squeezed shut and made an assumption. In fact, it is your friend here that made the introductions since you hadn't bothered with a proper hello much less a greeting for me."

Delilah exhales after this sudden rant, sighing again, "Okay... I'm sorry. I really am grateful for your help though. Though I have no idea what you mean when you say I was unwilling to open my heads."

Nerzhei leaned down on one knee, as the pony talked, to get more in her height. She'd still be higher up, but it would get her closer, and she'd remain silent, until she had mentioned that last part, at which point there would be a pause, in which to respond. It were unlikely that the pony would know what her response would be in advance though. She did not seem angry per se. Low grade annoyed, but that were her permanent state it seemed, so that were hardly something to go by.

"...You're right. I accept that I erred, and made assumptions, where I should have asked questions, and made proper introductions. I will keep this in mind for another time."

Nerzhei were a dragon, and as such, did have some pride that made it hard for her to simply apologize. But she would accept that she had messed up, with how she approached things, and would acknowledge that she needed to do better.

"And the last part were a slip of the tongue. I meant eyes."

She'd get up on her feet again, and brushed some dirt off of the knee of her robe.

"If you feel able to walk, then I'm not going to intrude on that anymore. We're almost in town anyway. Predators shouldn't be this close."

On 2022-10-25 at 1:02 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

"If it helps, I don't mind if you wait outside of town while Honey and I get Delilah to the doctors and somewhere to sleep" she'd suggest to her "I get the feeling you and the townsponies don't exactly..get along all that well"

"You're mistaken on this. Them and I, are not enemies. In fact, i much prefer them, to where I grew up.

That said, your buildings are not designed for beings of my stature, and I do not walk on all fours. The only exception, being the castle, where I went yesterday. I find your princess a very agreeable pony to be around. One who appreciates history, no matter how uncomfortable it might be for some."

She'd wait for them to be ready, before taking more steps, and moving at a pace that suited Delilah.

As they entered town, they'd get some looks. Specifically, Nerzhei would, as she were an odd sight, even for a dragon, but no one yelled at her, or threw things. Yet nor did they greet her. A mutual thing, as she didn't either, and seemed to just be focused on the hospital. For all intends and purposes, it appeared as they were more just tolerating each-others presence, rather than start anything, that none of them wanted to.

They didn't get far in, before Nerzhei would briefly halt though, and pinch the bridge of her nose, whilst closing her eyes. It would last a few seconds, and afterwards, she would continue to move on, not addressing this, lest others did so first.

=================================================================

@Kujamih

Shark appreciated the offer, but  found the bed were just too soft and dry for her taste. She lived all her life in water, and even now, did need to keep herself hydrated, to not dry out rather badly.  The lake were just below where he slept too, so she would not be far, and as the lake were crystal clear, he could even see her, as she'd swim around a few times, and if he were flopping about at the edge, would randomly come on, rub her nose against his, then dive, and make a few circles.

Yet eventually, they would need to rest. As would the half dozen others who snuck back into the school. Seemed like they weren't as unique, as they might had thought they were.

If he needed help, Shark would try and carry Light back up to the window, but if he needed her or not, she wouldn't send him off without first, getting close to him, and rub her muzzle around his, in a circular fashion. Her affection levels were increasing for her nice mate, who had showed her such a nice time now, and she wanted to let him know, that he were appreciated, and that she looked forward to seeing him the day after.

When her time came to rest, she'd dive to the bottom of the lake, and as the sand fell down, he'd find her curled up, resting soundly, as small bubbles now and then, escaped her gills. In her grip, would also be her toy, found here in the lake. Much like a pony and their plush animals.

Regardless of how long this took, at seven sharp in the morning, the wakeup call would come throughout the school, via the sound of a rather noisy school bell. Which Shark did not hear, due to her being down in the lake, but if he looked out, Light would find that someone were trying to wake her up. Or had been sent to. It were a pink pegasus, with a green mohawk, and puffy tail, looking confused down through her large, round glasses, clearly wondering how she were going to go about this.

They'd also find that they had spectators. The two kitsune siblings, looking out from their window a half dozen meters to the right, down at Shark sleeping in the lake.

There were a fairly good chance, that of these three, at least one thought that she had drowned, and just didn't know who to call.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Light was in cloud 9 as he interacts with Shark, but the night won't last and both of them had to go back to sleep.

As he reminisce and blush at the new memories he made with Shark. He tries to sleep at his new bed.

" Sleep huh... I've never done this... Since forever... I wonder if I remember how to sleep..."

He'd then wake up in a shock and gasp.

" What just happened!?... He said half asleep.

He looks outside a bit of a daze and sees it's morning...

" Hmm... I guess I fell asleep then..."  Then he'd see a pegasi pondering on the pond where Shark sleeps.

He'd casually drop of the window and land softly at the ground. 

He'd call the pegasi's attention.

" Excuse me miss? Can I help you?" He asked. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-10-27 at 4:59 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I like fire. It tastes warm. Chili is a little like fire., sometimes. This one is more than fire. I have eaten lit candles, and burning charcoal. It were less warm than this. Maybe the chilies you know, are different? Something to try someday, yes.

If it makes ponies cry, that is a bad thing for you then, yes? ponies like things that are sweet instead? I see many bakers everywhere. And many apples. So apple pie, is the best food for ponies. Is that right?"

“That’s right, though you probably haven’t met many who dared to defy expectations. Most ponies wouldn’t try something they know they won’t like, others do so out of curiosity, and then there are the few that know how things will go and still do it anyway. I wouldn’t eat a ghost pepper though; I know my limits and won’t tempt fate otherwise. As for what makes the best food for ponies, it’s not for me to say. Growing apples looks to be a thriving business, and where there is an abundance and demand for apples, there will be others who will try to make something out of them. That’s how it goes in business, even if that is just one part of it.”

Peaks isn’t one to speak for knowing whether apples are the perfect food for ponykind, though she does hold some respect for those who could make an endless number of dishes based on that one main ingredient. The bakery is what she knows, but it isn’t the kind of bakery that also makes confections on the side. It just so happened that she has some types of bread or pastries that used apples, but that’s not her main forte. Being a generalist could get her more customers, especially when her options could cater to different tastes, and being in that business for a while now hinted that there is a demand for the kind of bread she makes. That’s enough of a start to let her know what others want in their bread.

Things were going well, but the claw made Shrimp back away again, and hide behind Hammond. He might not be large, but he were larger than him, and about the size of a regular cat. He'd cover the refraction, in Shrimp's mind.

Hammond did not react on this, which Shrimp did also bite note in. He did not seem scared, nor backed away. And he were a larger one. Did this mean that this wasn't... Dangerous? He kept making signs at Munchkin, as he saw this, and eventually went back to try and connect the two, via his paws. He figured it worth a chance, to see if Shrimp would go closer, if he kept his paw down with him, to kinda shield him from things. He had tried to tell that to Munchkin, but the cat probably didn't understand him.

With this in mind, Shrimp would hesitantly go back out then, and once again, try and poke the cat with his tail. If the same response happened, he'd go back a little bit, just to make sure the paw were still there, from Hammond. Then he'd try going forward, and actually make contact. The claw did not make him feel safe, but he were at least not hitting *flight or fight* territory. Considering he could breathe fire, and the glittery blast, it were best that it did not go that far, and it appeared Munchkin did not yet, cause him to be truly scared, nor annoyed him enough.

Speaking of what someone wanted, Munchkin was starting to want another playmate, though the signs and gestures from Hammond didn’t seem to do much. The cat just stared back at the two odd creatures, alternating her mewing and chattering when Shrimp’s tail came back out again. Now this was what she hoped. She stretched out one paw to try and touch Shrimp’s tail, though being a literal munchkin cat means her stubby legs would only get her so far.

If this was the type of play she’d expect, it’ll probably require a bit for time before something resembling the actual kind of playtime she’d hoped will happen. Peaks once brought a little toy butterfly on a stick, and seeing her wiggling it around was quite enticing. The cat wanted to see if something like it will happen here with Shrimp.

Eventually, the sight of several ponies standing outside and looking at the bread display cases outside got the baker’s attention. Between that and the next batch of bread she’s preparing, there’s still more work to be done. It wouldn’t look good on her if she was caught slacking, but she was greatly enjoying her chat with Omen. Alas, there are things that should be prioritized…

*sigh* “Looks like there are some potential customers outside, and I should get back to the next batch of freshly baked bread. I’m preparing for the lunch crowd, so I have to get to it before I get caught off guard. Thank you for the enlightening morning; I hope we get to meet again some time. Besides, you’ve still got that bread platter from earlier. It wouldn’t be right if you didn’t get to enjoy that.” 

As for the couriers I mention, that is mostly in regards to if you need to get hold of me, but do not have Omen near you to track me down. I have several aliases, connected to a few post boxes around the country. If something is there for me, I will be notified, and thus can assume communication once again. It might not be used frequently, but one never know what might happen, and thus a backup plan, is always a wise option.

As for the cave functioning as a safe haven: I hope it will not come to that, but if it does, I acknowledge, and accept the proposed arrangement. Thank you."

They were all but done eating at this point, with only what were saved for Omen, left yet uneaten. And it had been a nice, filling meal, yet Rosa did find that he were not feeling well, relying to much on others for his meals, at this current point in time. He needed to work, and he knew that Scarcity were well aware of that too. She probably had foregone her planned meeting between them for now, over seeing if he would come to her, before the matter with the golems were prepared.

"I do hope Omen returns soon. She have a pleasant meal waiting for her when she does. Likely fromt he bakery, that we have been at yesterday. She strikes me as one, who prefers to go with the known, rather than searching for long, if she searches for with a purpose in mind. As Shrimp is there too with her.... Hmm, hopefully that cat is not there at the same time. There might be some clashing, and potential trouble that would arise from that. Which would be a shame, to put it mildly. I'd prefer if we got along well with those, here in the old town."

He'd begin to clean the dishes, as he spoke. It had to be done after all, so he might as well get started on it, yes?

“I’ve heard of a saying… something along the lines of ‘what’s mine is yours?’ We don’t know exactly what will happen, but it’s best to have a hideout in case we need it.”

“I guess that a start for our plans, though it would be best to wait until Omen gets back before we make our preparations. Wonder what’s got her interest? She’s been away for a while…”

“I’m sure she’s fine, but we might need to look for her in case this goes on for much longer. Since we’re waiting, is there anything we could do to help? I feel bad just sitting here and waiting while you’re doing some work. Maybe you can show us what you’re doing?”

Though Lin was likely speaking for herself, Sen quietly agreed that he wanted to help clean the dishes. However, the two didn’t really understand what went through the process, seeing as they never had to do this kind of cleaning up before, not to mention requiring plates and utensils while eating until they ventured to Equestria. Even then, they found themselves only eating straight from their reserves or having meals with disposable tools. The exception was their dinner with Uddo and Kiba, and their uncle took charge of cleanup. 

They figured that if they’ll be integrating more into pony society, they’d at least try to understand and learn so they could do their part next time. After all, it wouldn’t reflect well on their friend if they appeared to slack off when they could be doing something.

@Blitz Boom
Charir looked closely at the show going on in front of him, but it was really anyone's guess if he actually understood what Leviathan was trying to show, since there wasn't really a way for Leviathan to ask him about it, but at least he seemed like he was trying to learn. Mainly the problem for him was the lack of context, because while the elemental part about the whole thing was somewhat clear, he did not know about the differences between different dragons of Equestria, or that they were split to elements, after all, all dragons he knew were his own kind, and Leviathan; his kind, as far as he knew, didn't have any obvious differences in element, to him elemental magic was just that, magic, and funnily enough, he himself was the first of his kind he knew of that had elemental magic of any kind.

What he did seem to understand more visibly was the dragons depicting the three of them, based on how he looked at them and then the real life counterparts, though whatever he thought about it was soon washed away by awe as Leviathan tried the sun thing, if nothing else, one thing was clear, Charir was clearly impressed by Leviathan's magic, and looked up to her, a clear difference to how he looked at Ruby, because while he respected both of them, admiration and fear were quite different things.

Ruby didn't say anything at first, letting Leviathan to finish, because even she didn't know enough to know if interruption could ruin something, and well, she too may have gotten her eye caught on Leviathan's show, maybe. She did speak after it seemed nothing too important was going on anymore "Can't say I've been compared to the sun before, though I guess we both have blinded and burned lot of things." she remarked "Or are you implying that I light up your day?" while this wasn't the first jokeful/playful thing she had said to Leviathan, it still probably sounded bit weird coming from her, especially with the context of her cryptic compliment from before. 

After she had Leviathan's attention, she would give her scroll she took from the bag, it was made of...something, it was almost like paper but not quite, and from look of some marks on it, it was probably fireproof, or at least very fire-resistant, though she did not clarify what it was, as she wanted to let Leviathan respond this time

-----------------------------------------

The reactions to the trap were what one would probably expect at this point, Chega and Sear were both shocked, but their exact reactions were different from each other, Chega was visibly frightened, she had been through a lot, but being hunted like this was not included in that lot, and it wasn't until now she really got hit with the realization that there was a true threat, Sear meanwhile, was more worried than scared, being bit more used to life threatening situations, but that worry was not for herself, as evidenced by her getting closer to Chega and physically covering her with her body, and while she didn't say anything, and her expression was nothing extreme, something about her just radiated in a way that anyone close to her could tell that she'd die before letting anyone as much as scratch Chega.

The siblings were lot more unfazed, they did look around with Harpoon to see if they'd spot anyone, but other than that they were more annoyed than anything, and you could almost hear them rolling their eyes at the fact that they would need to look for traps now. That didn't mean they didn't take the threat seriously though, as evidenced by Trox stopping everyone before the room, and proceeding to check the door for any more traps with his metal arm, the good thing was that unlike back home, they probably didn't need to worry about explosives and other more destructive things. Both of them also joined Harpoon in checking the room, regardless of if she wanted it or not, if she said something about it, they'd just point out that this wasn't their first rodeo. 

"Only if you provoke her." Trox stated "Don't get me wrong, Solar wasn't lying about her, she is a lunatic, and we wish nothing but the worst of the worst to her, but it's not quite that simple." Sheska joined in "It's not like she has been going around wiping out villages and towns in the Night-Realm, you don't become a general by killing your own." "And even with the massacres she has done, it has never been the sole purpose, it is more...intentional collateral damage." while their hatred was once again apparent, they held it together enough to talk calmly "She needs a reason she can use to convince herself that she didn't just slaughter bunch of innocents." "She actually still believes she is helping our kind with what she does, regardless of how clear it has been made to her that nobody from our species likes her." 

"The point is, she probably won't do anything to this place, especially since she is coming to us, this isn't exactly our first meeting, and she will not risk accidentally hurting us because that is the last thing she has to convince herself she isn't a traitor. There also isn't a reason to attack this place, even by her twisted logic, there's no military, you have what, three guards here? two night-guards and you, and maybe Solar, and he's really the only one who she would have a reason to just kill." "The night guards are by all intents and purposes her allies, as she's a Nightmare commander, a special unit in the Night's army, and you, well, there is no equivalent in our world, so depending on how long she has been watching us, she may even think you're just private hired security." "Sure, she likes to say that she isn't really loyal to the Night, but of course she is, even if she didn't start like that, you don't serve several centuries without getting attached." their answer opened lot of new questions, but as they said, it was bit complicated, Sear had a question right away, "What about the hatred of ponies, does that not pose a risk?"  "There's always a risk, but like said, she doesn't just randomly go around slaughtering ponies, she has had hundreds of years of military training to learn self-control, even Nightmare moon doesn't want aimless slaughter." 

@Kujamih

On 2022-10-27 at 10:07 AM, Kujamih said:

He'd casually drop of the window and land softly at the ground. 

He'd call the pegasi's attention.

" Excuse me miss? Can I help you?" He asked. 

Considering the window he had, were right at the point where the lake started, after the river, he wouldn't be landing on dry land, if he just went down now. But if he were to jump off to the side, he could probably hit the riverbank, without getting his hooves and legs too wet. Either way, he'd get the pegasi's attention soon after he started to speak, and she'd flutter over to him.

"Uhm, I kinda... Was told to go and wake up somepony, they said slept at the lake. W-Well, they said in the lake, but that wouldn't make sense, unless they were a kelpie, or mermaid. And uhm... She isn't, right? I'm not really sure what to do."

As her back had been turned, Shark had woken up down there, and after yawning, would look up, seeing her mate, and this other pony. Something which made her get a spark of energy in her eyes, and make her rush upwards at great speed. It was all in the tail, and shark or pony, she still had the experience, and the tail, that she needed for proper propulsion.

As she broke the surface, the pegasus would turn around, and look down on the wet Shark, looking up at her, with big eyes, and a sharp-toothed grin on her face.

"Bird!"

"Eep!"

The pegasus would fly up high, heart racing in her chest.

"Hehe. Friend and bird. Funny.

Hi."

THe last word, were said as she'd swim over to Light, and rub the side of her went face, affectionally against his. So nice thing to wake up to, seeing her mate. And she did not even have to sleep on the weird surface to do so. All good and nice here.

"Is good day, in dry place? Sleep good?"

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-10-30 at 5:17 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't say anything at first, letting Leviathan to finish, because even she didn't know enough to know if interruption could ruin something, and well, she too may have gotten her eye caught on Leviathan's show, maybe. She did speak after it seemed nothing too important was going on anymore "Can't say I've been compared to the sun before, though I guess we both have blinded and burned lot of things." she remarked "Or are you implying that I light up your day?" while this wasn't the first jokeful/playful thing she had said to Leviathan, it still probably sounded bit weird coming from her, especially with the context of her cryptic compliment from before. 

"Of course you bright up my day, my little ray of sunshine."

Leviathan would grin at Ruby, enjoying her little bout of humor. It were not something she should get too used to probably, but it were still something that Leviathan considered nice. Gave a bit of a look behind the gruff exterior, that Ruby set up. Made it feel like she were getting comfy around the two of them. She were pretty sure that it affected Charir too. Even if he couldn't tell what Ruby were saying, when she spoke ponish, the mood and tension, were notably lesser like this.

"I really hoped to get it done proper though. I can't mold fire. Fire is just... Fire, y'know? I'm a weather mage, if you wanna simplify it. Sunlight can certainly burn too, but it's hard to concentrate into a stable form. Can't even get a ray of it or anything to work. Just a few fleeting pops of light, and then well, an attempt at molding, that didn't last. Lightning were unstable and tricky at first too, but least it were tangible. This is just... Eh, it's hard to explain.

Least there's been some progress for me, the last few centuries. To start with, I couldn't even do a single thing with it. So things do move on, but it's a hurdle, that's proving to be a right bother. Still can do general red though. Rainbows are just water, with dust and light, giving it color. The right dust, and I can have a nice little red rainy Ruby. But it just ain't the same."

She'd prove the point, by making one, and it were indeed lesser, in some way. One could still tell it were a rain cloud, even if it were colored in nice red hues, and it just wasn't as shining and impressive looking. Even if it were more stable.

After she had Leviathan's attention, she would give her scroll she took from the bag, it was made of...something, it was almost like paper but not quite, and from look of some marks on it, it was probably fireproof, or at least very fire-resistant, though she did not clarify what it was, as she wanted to let Leviathan respond this time

"Ooooh, are we getting homework?"

She'd take the offered scroll, and unfold it. SHe probably wouldn't be able to tell a darn thing of what it said inside, but the paper were pretty neat at least. Parchment? Paper? Darn if she knew, but it seemed nice and sturdy. Good stuff for scrolls, since these things tended to disintegrate easily, over the centuries, if not stored proper in some way. This here seemed like it'd last a good deal longer. Probably had in fact.

"So... Am I holding it right?"

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

There thankfully wouldn't be traps in their room. The assailant, likely didn't know what room they were staying in, but had prepared something at the door of the inn, as it were the most frequented one, for travelers, in the town. A fair chance that newcomers would eventually need to use that, so it had been a good location for a trap. Now that they knew that the last witnesses were here though, that meant that they could work more narrowly. Soon as they knew the room, and the layout, it likely wouldn't be as safe, to return a second time. It were also likely best to stay away from any windows, to not leave an obvious opening. She'd ask them to conform to that, at least for now.

"What about the hatred of ponies, does that not pose a risk?"  "There's always a risk, but like said, she doesn't just randomly go around slaughtering ponies, she has had hundreds of years of military training to learn self-control, even Nightmare moon doesn't want aimless slaughter." 

"I can foresee an issue there then. Specifically, you're currently being targeted by an assassin. I don't see who else it would be at least, that those knives were left for. And if you claim Sheez is so set in not wanting to harm you, then what'd happen, if she took notice in someone trying to hurt you? You know better of course, but from what I hear at least, it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibilities, that she might raze the town, just to make sure that the assassin would be taken care of.

Of course, I might just be overthinking it. But the more I hear about her, the harder it gets to not be concerned.

And speaking of the assassin... Even if Sheez does not go after them, so broadly, and just looking beyond her maybe hunting for that one herself now, this one is starting to become an issue. It appears they aren't satisfied with just attacking some ponies in town. They want to have some payback, on the ones who saved their victims. First that were the ponies, then Onache, and now it seems, the turn have come to you.

The daggers seemed poisoned too. Is there any sort of general poison, that works best on kobolds, that they might have used? Anything that might give a hint, as to what we're dealing with? So far, it all just points to being one from Neighpon. Or potentially one with just a lot of things from there, but the first option seems more likely. Which would narrow it down to likely a pony, or a kitsune. Not a lot of other races that lives there, from what I hear. Maybe if we can narrow it a bit more, somepony will stick out from the crowd?"

Sheez were something to focus on as well, but the most pressing matters, had to be dealt with in order. And Sheez were seemingly not going to go in, and kill all of them, from what they said. Not without some sort of reason. So the prime focus, should be on the one hunting them for now. Conversationally at least. Depending on the answers, they might have to go back to the matter of Sheez again, before long.

Nothing today was just gonna be nice and simple, was it?

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-10-28 at 1:28 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s right, though you probably haven’t met many who dared to defy expectations. Most ponies wouldn’t try something they know they won’t like, others do so out of curiosity, and then there are the few that know how things will go and still do it anyway. I wouldn’t eat a ghost pepper though; I know my limits and won’t tempt fate otherwise. As for what makes the best food for ponies, it’s not for me to say. Growing apples looks to be a thriving business, and where there is an abundance and demand for apples, there will be others who will try to make something out of them. That’s how it goes in business, even if that is just one part of it.”

"I am like the second ones. I do not need to eat, but I want to try things.

Business sounds... Curious. If something is wanted, more of it is made, and others then use it, in more ways? It makes sense, but then there is more parts to it?

This is why, it takes so long, to understand this world. Many things that seem simple, have many more layers. Ponies are very complicated."

This were why she preferred things like snakes. They were very simple. They would sleep on warm rocks, slither around, and eat smaller animals. Then rinse and repeat. There were not all sorts of layers, like with ponies, most of the time.

"I have seen many ponies, grow many apples. Ponyville have a farm full of them. Maybe I should ask them sometime, how apples and business works. They should know, yes?"

Speaking of what someone wanted, Munchkin was starting to want another playmate, though the signs and gestures from Hammond didn’t seem to do much. The cat just stared back at the two odd creatures, alternating her mewing and chattering when Shrimp’s tail came back out again. Now this was what she hoped. She stretched out one paw to try and touch Shrimp’s tail, though being a literal munchkin cat means her stubby legs would only get her so far.

If this was the type of play she’d expect, it’ll probably require a bit for time before something resembling the actual kind of playtime she’d hoped will happen. Peaks once brought a little toy butterfly on a stick, and seeing her wiggling it around was quite enticing. The cat wanted to see if something like it will happen here with Shrimp.

They seemed to manage to find a sort of back and forth, once Shrimp started to notice how she were trying to put her paw on his tail. So he'd lay it out, then retract, or slide it to the side, when he saw Munchkin try and reach for it. He were testing boundaries here, which were good. It meant he were slowly getting a little more confident around the larger cat. Though in fairness, most things were larger than him, and he were keenly aware of that.

Hammond would stop doing much else, as that began. It seemed he did not need to do more, so he'd just stand there, for now, and let things unfold around him. Seemed to be a bonding thing, which he were told by Mother, were important, no matter how odd they presented themselves.

Eventually, the sight of several ponies standing outside and looking at the bread display cases outside got the baker’s attention. Between that and the next batch of bread she’s preparing, there’s still more work to be done. It wouldn’t look good on her if she was caught slacking, but she was greatly enjoying her chat with Omen. Alas, there are things that should be prioritized…

*sigh* “Looks like there are some potential customers outside, and I should get back to the next batch of freshly baked bread. I’m preparing for the lunch crowd, so I have to get to it before I get caught off guard. Thank you for the enlightening morning; I hope we get to meet again some time. Besides, you’ve still got that bread platter from earlier. It wouldn’t be right if you didn’t get to enjoy that.” 

"I understand. I will come back some other time, when I sense you are here. Or if you get lost. Good luck with the customers? I think that was right.

Will you come too, brother?"

Hammond were uncertain, and would point towards Munchkin, as Omen turned her head, to look at them.

"Okay."

Omen would open a gate, leading to the dark realm, and this time, several meters away, would swirl one open, to another, familiar place. This one up high though, but the ever shifting terrain of the Ki'Nathar's realm, would shift, to accommodate the travel, with a bit of a mushy, semi-solid hill to walk on. One which she'd aim for.

If Munchkin stayed on her back as they moved, she'd be able to come with them, to the home of Rosa, where Shrimp would then slither off of Omen, and on to a nearby table, ready to be a bit more bold, in slithering around, avoiding the cat's paws.

If however, she preferred to not do that, and would jump off, Hamond would too, and as the gate closed behind Omen, he'd look at her, then point around. One finger going towards the way they had entered. Another for the baker, and the last towards a small pinpoint gate he were starting to open. He were essentially asking, what way she wanted to go. Following the baker around, go outside, and explore town, or go to the house, that she had been in before.

If she went into the dark realm, and began to wander around, exploring, she'd find that a lot of shadowy masses, with a myriad of eyes, would be on her shortly thereafter, curious what this little creature were. The gate back to the baker were open still in this case, allowing her quick escape, if she wished for that.

“I’ve heard of a saying… something along the lines of ‘what’s mine is yours?’ We don’t know exactly what will happen, but it’s best to have a hideout in case we need it.”

“I guess that a start for our plans, though it would be best to wait until Omen gets back before we make our preparations. Wonder what’s got her interest? She’s been away for a while…”

“I’m sure she’s fine, but we might need to look for her in case this goes on for much longer. Since we’re waiting, is there anything we could do to help? I feel bad just sitting here and waiting while you’re doing some work. Maybe you can show us what you’re doing?”

Though Lin was likely speaking for herself, Sen quietly agreed that he wanted to help clean the dishes. However, the two didn’t really understand what went through the process, seeing as they never had to do this kind of cleaning up before, not to mention requiring plates and utensils while eating until they ventured to Equestria. Even then, they found themselves only eating straight from their reserves or having meals with disposable tools. The exception was their dinner with Uddo and Kiba, and their uncle took charge of cleanup. 

They figured that if they’ll be integrating more into pony society, they’d at least try to understand and learn so they could do their part next time. After all, it wouldn’t reflect well on their friend if they appeared to slack off when they could be doing something.

"Ah, speaking of the sun, it doth shine."

"Yes, it is day."

"It's a saying, it... Nevermind, it isn't important.

Apologies for not waiting with breakfast until you returned, but we weren't sure how long you'd be gone, and the hunger of us were notable. Worry not though, we made sure to save you some. Also, I would like to thank you for the kindness, in providing breakfast for us. I shall add this to the list, of things that I owe you for."

Omen would wander closer, and begin to look at him, from the front, via a few different angles. It appeared she were searching for something, without touching him. It puzzled Rosa for a moment but then he realized what it were that he had said, and took it from there.

"There is not a physical list on me. It's a mental note. A thought of things, if you will."

"Okay."

Omen had arrived too quickly, for him to respond to what had been asked, but one thing at a time. First he'd be polite, and thank her, then he'd lead her to her bowl of food. After he had done so, and she were beginning to slowly eat her way through the portion of the dish she had brought, he would return to the others to speak.

"My apologies. One step at a time, as it were.

As if there is something you can help with, you needn't burden yourself with that currently. When we are all on our way, I will be going on with the tedious part of my day, that we may perhaps meet up later, when there is more time for things. Lest you are preferring some alone time, which is of course, something that are allowed. Boundaries and all, should not just be for Omen to accept.

I'd say I might need help with the dishes, but this meal were very self contained, so that weren't needed either, so things are quite well here. That said, is there anything I can do for you, at this current injunction in our lives?"

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-10-26 at 4:59 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Nerzhei leaned down on one knee, as the pony talked, to get more in her height. She'd still be higher up, but it would get her closer, and she'd remain silent, until she had mentioned that last part, at which point there would be a pause, in which to respond. It were unlikely that the pony would know what her response would be in advance though. She did not seem angry per se. Low grade annoyed, but that were her permanent state it seemed, so that were hardly something to go by.

"...You're right. I accept that I erred, and made assumptions, where I should have asked questions, and made proper introductions. I will keep this in mind for another time."

Nerzhei were a dragon, and as such, did have some pride that made it hard for her to simply apologize. But she would accept that she had messed up, with how she approached things, and would acknowledge that she needed to do better.

"And the last part were a slip of the tongue. I meant eyes."

She'd get up on her feet again, and brushed some dirt off of the knee of her robe.

"If you feel able to walk, then I'm not going to intrude on that anymore. We're almost in town anyway. Predators shouldn't be this close."

@Blitz Boom @AuroraGlimmer

Delilah nods, "Thank you, I appreciate all you've done for me. It is a big much, but I can keep them open. Just a heavy headache is all."

The mare puffed out her cheeks before cracking her neck and looking around, "Well, I hope you don't mind if I walk with you. Whether or not predators are nearby, the company is nice all the same."

• Brohoof 1

@flutterJackdash @Blitz Boom

Skittles would nod and listen "I apologise myself for assuming, miss Nerzhei, and alright, well we won't be too long, we'll just take miss Delilah here to the doctors and then we can go get Honey Dew his Phoenix chick" she says, walking into the town with them and looking around, "I love how peaceful it is here...most of the time"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

" it's been.... Ahmm... A while since I had sleep... So.... I guess it's good? Don't know how I did it though?" He questioned.

He then ponders what the pegasi was up to... Was it something important? Definitely something school related he presumed.

If the pegasi won't come back he'd suggest to shark that they'd head to the head mare's office and ask if there is something important to do... Maybe it's their schedule for the school? Hopefully nothing too serious.

" We should go to the head mare and maybe ask about our schedule here in the school. Then we can go on a date to where Alonsus mentioned."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Rising, had never been on this side of the crowd.  No, he'd always lived within the crowd.  Gazing up at wonderous beings parading down busy streets or commanding the grandest of stages.  Now, the detective from Manehattan stood before the gathered masses of a distant, foreign land.  The Queen gave her speech, the first of these kinds at such masses in who knew how long.  The gathered crowd was well tamed, silent and all attentive to the words of their ruler.  The city itself wasn't all too far off from what Rising expected to see.  Granted his limited experience in locations around Harrowmark, but the city was equally rustic and old fashion by Equestrian standards.  Decorations could be seen popping up here and there from would he could guess was a combination of lack of resources for such celebration and then in of itself, a lack of practice in holding such grand events.

The Queen had finished her speech and stepped aside. Rising was snapped back to the moment as she motioned for the stallion to take her place at the edge of the balcony where the voice amplifiers awaited.  He wasn't quite sure how to feel at this moment as he was presented to the masses with his Harrowmark title.  Working among a crowd while at work was all the more different than just standing before them.  His legs managed to move him forward to take his place.  The heart in his chest pounding.  Fear?  No, fear did not assault him.  The crushing weight of the past few days was all summoned upon him as thousands of eyes starred up at him.  Citizens having their rumors and stories affirmed by the presence of a detective from a far off land presented before them.  Their first sight of him before statue or picture could be gathered.

It was dead silent.

A rather poetic meaning from what Harrowmark has thus far taught him. 

They expected a speech.  Did he expect a speech?  How laughable.  The stoic detective, more interested in listening and observing, up here to be heard and seen.

Breath managed to escape his lips.  "A few days ago... Harrowmark and Equestria were just lines on a map.  Separated by distance and a dark veil that cast our two worlds into the annals of time, stories, myths, legends.  Forgotten by but the most long memories or the most studied of scholars.  A hoof reached through that veil.  A dark, horrid hoof, that didn't know, by breaching that dark veil they had connected our lands for the first time in hundreds of moons.  I will not claim my actions were the most heroic of merit.  That dark hoof had attacked my home.  I came to make sure it never happened again.  My arrival cast aside the veil that separated us.  We can be seen again.  Beacons of a hopeful future for the world to see.  It brings me joy to know here today, to full breath my actions have brought Harrowmark.  So much lays ahead of us, but together, we can build a road to the stars and beyond.  I am Rising Dusk, Detective of the O.M.I. in Equestria.  Dusk Knight of Harrowmark.  Please, allow me to be first of Equestria to extend my hoof in Friendship to you all!" Rising concluded by extending his hoof to the crowd in symbolic gesture.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-11-01 at 8:26 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I have seen many ponies, grow many apples. Ponyville have a farm full of them. Maybe I should ask them sometime, how apples and business works. They should know, yes?"

They seemed to manage to find a sort of back and forth, once Shrimp started to notice how she were trying to put her paw on his tail. So he'd lay it out, then retract, or slide it to the side, when he saw Munchkin try and reach for it. He were testing boundaries here, which were good. It meant he were slowly getting a little more confident around the larger cat. Though in fairness, most things were larger than him, and he were keenly aware of that.

Hammond would stop doing much else, as that began. It seemed he did not need to do more, so he'd just stand there, for now, and let things unfold around him. Seemed to be a bonding thing, which he were told by Mother, were important, no matter how odd they presented themselves.

"I understand. I will come back some other time, when I sense you are here. Or if you get lost. Good luck with the customers? I think that was right.

“You are very curious; that’s not a bad thing at all. I’d say that’s something that’s good to be. It’s true that ponies have many layers to them; as you learn more, there will be more complicated things to follow. However, maybe it would be best to not try to understand every single detail about something; knowing just about enough to get by is usually more than enough for most. Otherwise, you’ll probably spend too much time trying to make sense of something too big to understand. 

“I guess what I’m trying to say is to know your limits, but don’t hesitate to learn more. Maybe the Ponyville apple farmers could tell you more because I have no idea what goes on in their line of work. Thanks and see you around, Miss Omen! I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.” 

As for Munchkin, she seems to have found a nice routine with Shrimp, probably even bordering on playing. Looks like the latter might be getting used to the ida of using his tail as a toy, and Munchkin knows she should be gentle with the creature. She didn’t even have her claws out, so the only thing Shrimp will feel when his tail is caught would be the soft, bean-like pads underneath Munchkin’s feet. 

By then, a gate would open nearby, with Omen leaving. This was enough of a sign for the cat to leave, as the sight of such things was still unclear, possibly dangerous. For now, she’ll settle with the pet bed and Peak’s company at the bakery. Even with Hammond wondering where they’ll go next, the cat was certain about staying with Peaks. After all, this was a familiar place, and even without the new things she got to see, this bakery was familiar and comforting. It had been her refuge for the longest time, and it was hard to see it as anything else but that. Curiosity could wait for another day for her. 

On 2022-11-01 at 8:26 AM, Blitz Boom said:

As if there is something you can help with, you needn't burden yourself with that currently. When we are all on our way, I will be going on with the tedious part of my day, that we may perhaps meet up later, when there is more time for things. Lest you are preferring some alone time, which is of course, something that are allowed. Boundaries and all, should not just be for Omen to accept.

I'd say I might need help with the dishes, but this meal were very self contained, so that weren't needed either, so things are quite well here. That said, is there anything I can do for you, at this current injunction in our lives?"

“I wouldn’t know where to begin because I don’t want to place more burdens on you, even if they are small. Maybe we’ll have one more look around town and see you off to where you will need to be before parting ways. However, I think we need to lay out what we have planned while we still can, just so Omen knows what to expect, and we will all be on the same page. Omen? It’s good you’re here because we have something to discuss with you. It’s about what will happen moving forward…”

“We won’t be able to stick around Rosa all the time now. We have things only we could do, just like Rosa has things only meant for him. We’ll still keep in touch, but we were hoping that you could help us with sending messages between ourselves. Don’t worry though because we’ve also come up with an alternative in case something makes it difficult to directly contact each other.”

“We’d like to ask about your thoughts on this arrangement and if you have any questions for us. While we’re at it, how would Omen know when to go to you if you have a message for us, Rosa? I’m fairly certain long-distance mind-reading or scent-detection isn’t part of Omen’s known skills. Unless they are, and I am mistaken.”

The siblings weren’t quite sure about how all this will fare for Omen, but their other concerns could wait until they could get the part that involved Omen ironed out. No point in having all of their questions pile up if they’d be left with something that isn’t quite a definitive answer. Then again, Sen thought this was it, the opportunity to really try and make some changes stick. They’ll be going home, arranging for a meeting with the elders and trying to see if what they argue for will stick. Sen would be lying if she said he wasn’t scared, but until the meeting happens, it’ll be a moment where he’d get butterflies in his stomach the more he thinks about it.

As for Lin, there’d be a lot of work to do once they head on home. Perhaps there will be more to their change in routine once they could figure out what needs to be done. Grandfather would need someone to look after him regularly now that they could see each other more often. After that, it’ll be a matter of getting their affairs settled. 

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

At first, there were silence. Complete and all encompassing, the tension in the air were palatable, and seemed to just hold there, Lingering, and waiting for someone to make the first move, as the seconds ticked by.

Then, from one of the roofs, a diamond dog  pup would walk a few steps forward, to the edge of the roof, and lift her paw towards the detective. Sideways turned, signaling her want to shake the offered hoof.

A few of the foals around her, then began to follow suits. Then the caretakers they had up there, and then, as an avalanche, it began to spread throughout the crowd. Cheers and chants would follow soon after.

"Hail Sir Dusk!"

"Savior of Harrowmark!"

"Praise be Equestria!"

There would not be complete uniform cheer and joy, but as Rising had been told, there would be those who were still needing time to be convinced, and thus, would want to judge him more as he moved along. But the few out of thousands, would be hard to notice And it appeared that no one were foolish enough to try and attack him. It'd be pointless anyway. The knights stood ready to shield for him, and they'd be ganged upon by the crowd. Whoever supporter, or faithful of Twisted there might be, they were not this foolhardy. Not yet at least.

Or perhaps they had snuffed out the worst, and the rest were having second thoughts. A fair deal were possible to save, having been swayed from feeling as if they had no choice, and having done nothing so unforgivable, that there were no space for mercy.

The town flourished to life after this, with singing and dancing happening, as bards picked up magical instruments, and played joyfully in the streets, to keep the mood high. Vendors began opening their shops, tables began to get dragged forth, and soon enough, the town would await their hero's arrival, up close and personal.

Necrotic would signal the detective, and his family, to step back, and go back to the castle they had come from, as his parents took stage once more, and beamed down towards the citizens.

The door would close behind them, and they'd be given a moment of respite. Even if the town were notably loud through the doors still.

"Bravo, friend. You handled the situation well. It is not yet over, but there is a moment or reprise, as the town readies for your personal attendance. As are there things we need to do ourselves.

I am well aware that you and your lovely family, are obviously quite capable, yet if any of you got hurt, it would be a national scandal. Thus, I must insist that there is an escort with us. Mother's escort is to remain with her, in case of incident, but we have several, capable knights. I feel certain that we can arrange for a proper escort, with a short walk through their quarters. It will also offer you a few moments to collect yourself. I can imagine, from what have been said, that this meeting might have been a little... Daunting, as it were. A matter of breathing time, might well be in order, yes?"

He didn't wish to overstep his boundaries, but Necrotic still took some charge over things now, to both keep things as smoothly, safely, and considerate as they could be, considering what were to happen soon.

==========================================================================

@Kujamih

The pegasi would return, though a little weary, and Shark would giggle a little, as she could tell the signs of the mare riled up on adrenaline. Fun to spook the bird pony.

"P-Please never do that again."

"Okay."

Shark would grin up, happy as a clam, whilst the peagsus were now added to the growing list of beings, who thought Light had weird taste in mares.

"I were asked to go and uhm, w-wake you up. The school day is starting, and since you're new students, you need to go to the main hall, and get a study plan sorted out, before you can join any classes. There uh, shouldn't be that many others. A couple of ponies, and you two, from what I've heard. And uh, those two."

She'd point up towards the kitsune, still looking out on them, until Shark would look up. When she waved enthusiastically, one of them would pop back inside, while the male would raise a paw, and wave slightly, before seemingly being dragged backwards. A small yip being heard, made it somewhat plausible, that he had been pulled back by his tail.

The process of the student plan were fairly simple. A half dozen of them, gathered near the principals office, and getting some papers to sign, so they could narrow down the right classes for them. Shark would need a second set, as she were too excited when the papers were handed too her, and accidentally shred tore a large hole through them with her teeth. At least she hadn't shredded them entirely, so some progress were made, though there were a short break, before she got new ones. Then an awkward moment, when she excitedly looked down on the papers, and loudly said *Fishy!*, due to it being the mark of the biology class.

They'd be able to get it done fairly easy though, with classes set to begin tomorrow.

As such, they'd have a few options.

1. They could stay in, and explore the school a bit more. They had seen a fair bit yesterday, but there were still places to go, and if they needed it, breakfast to get.

2. The could go out, and a have a date at the castle, though Shark didn't know what a date were. She assumed some kind of eating thing, but would be curious enough to not ask too much, wanting to be surprised.

3. They could go over and follow the kitsune siblings, as they stood dressed in their kimonos, and slowly walked around, close by, while others either starred, or avoided them. A fair guess who knew what a kitsune were, from the reactions, and the two of them appeared to mostly just rely on having one another for now. Some interaction might do them good.

=====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-11-02 at 1:07 PM, EQ_Theta said:

By then, a gate would open nearby, with Omen leaving. This was enough of a sign for the cat to leave, as the sight of such things was still unclear, possibly dangerous. For now, she’ll settle with the pet bed and Peak’s company at the bakery. Even with Hammond wondering where they’ll go next, the cat was certain about staying with Peaks. After all, this was a familiar place, and even without the new things she got to see, this bakery was familiar and comforting. It had been her refuge for the longest time, and it was hard to see it as anything else but that. Curiosity could wait for another day for her. 

With sister leaving, and Munchkin seemingly staying here, to hang out with Peaks, Hammond were sorta stuck, and unaware what to do. It did not seem like he should go and explore this place, so maybe, he should return home?

He were pondering this for a few minutes, before he heard the sound of familiar steps, following the doorbell going, and his ears perked. He'd scurry across the room, looking for the source, and rightfully so, he'd see Scarcity enter the bakery, and make her way to the back of the line, as were proper. She may think herself important, but some common decency should be followed. Besides, it gave her a chance to notice the available offerings, and make a decision.

Yet as she'd be noticed, so too would she bite note in him, and would let out a small, pearly laughter, then signal for the critter to come over. Something which he did, though jumped near the wall, to get there, to avoid confrontation with others. If they were okay seeing Munchkin here, he should be fine too, yes? He too were small, and hairy.

On the way there, he also noticed, that Scarcity were not alone. She had brought the filly along, who'd meet her little friend with hugs, soon as he came over.

"How delightful. I had wondered where you had gone off to, dearie. Having fun I assume?"

Hammond would nod, as he were in the grasp of Floral, who seemed all too pleased, to continue to give him hugs, before putting him up on her head.

On 2022-11-02 at 1:07 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I wouldn’t know where to begin because I don’t want to place more burdens on you, even if they are small. Maybe we’ll have one more look around town and see you off to where you will need to be before parting ways. However, I think we need to lay out what we have planned while we still can, just so Omen knows what to expect, and we will all be on the same page. Omen? It’s good you’re here because we have something to discuss with you. It’s about what will happen moving forward…”

“We won’t be able to stick around Rosa all the time now. We have things only we could do, just like Rosa has things only meant for him. We’ll still keep in touch, but we were hoping that you could help us with sending messages between ourselves. Don’t worry though because we’ve also come up with an alternative in case something makes it difficult to directly contact each other.”

“We’d like to ask about your thoughts on this arrangement and if you have any questions for us. While we’re at it, how would Omen know when to go to you if you have a message for us, Rosa? I’m fairly certain long-distance mind-reading or scent-detection isn’t part of Omen’s known skills. Unless they are, and I am mistaken.”

"You are not mistaken. I do not have some degree of telepathy with her. If I had, I would assume she'd have more questions for me, considering the way my mind works.

What I do have, are known connections to make use of. I know the address of her brother, whom should be well able to tell where she is, as well as the whereabouts of Discord, who have shown to be able to call upon her. I also know several couriers to make use of, to get a message towards either, in case I am in a delicate situation. I can work on setting up other points of connection later, but for now at least, I believe those two avenues should suffice, yes?"

As his teachers had been so fond of saying: Having a plan B, were wise. Having a plan C through H, were professionalism. So while he needed to put a few in motion, he had already thought of several ways, and backup ways, that he might make use of. They wouldn't work if for instance, he got trapped, but he had a few ideas for that too. Yet that would depend on a few factors, that he still needed to explore properly.

Meanwhile, Omen would be halfway through her meal, and would lift her head from the bread, to address the others. She might not know much about curtsey, but she were certain that she should be looking at others, while she spoke to them.

"I do not mind, sending messages. It were what Master Discord made me do too.

If Master Discord, or brother calls for me, because he have something from you, Rosa, I can deliver them too. I know where everyone are. Except for brother, and his master. Brother have a strange gem with him. I could not sense him, when I saw him with it. I think his master have the same. She is very smart."

"And regrettably fast. A matter of days, and she already devised a method to keep you away, in case she requires privacy. I can imagine she made your brother try and track her at first, but still... What kind of gem were it, do you know?"

"Shiny."

Rosa let out a small sigh, at that reply.

"I suppose I asked for that. Mayhap I will see in time myself, and can judge then.

Impending trouble aside though, we appear to all have something to stride towards then, in the coming days. If you wanted to have a trip more, before I need to begin the first part of my day, now after Omen s done eating, would likely be a good time for that. Unless there is any lingering things to have done first? Kitchen and table seems clean, and I believe we have covered things, but do correct me if I am wrong."

As it were brought up, Omen would go back to eating the leftover food, that had been set aside for her. She would only need a few minutes to be done, as she ate calmly through it. It tasted interesting. Nothing she recalled trying before, so that were good. She found new tastes, to be better, as it expanded her palate.

@AuroraGlimmer @flutterJackdash

On 2022-11-01 at 2:07 AM, Delilah Dusk said:

Delilah nods, "Thank you, I appreciate all you've done for me. It is a big much, but I can keep them open. Just a heavy headache is all."

The mare puffed out her cheeks before cracking her neck and looking around, "Well, I hope you don't mind if I walk with you. Whether or not predators are nearby, the company is nice all the same."

"Take it in the tempo you need, and if you do feel like fainting, say so. I might still need to carry you the rest of the way, if that becomes an issue. But you do look and sound more fresh than before, so I am assuming it to be the more unlikely outcome now."

The dragoness would get up on her legs again, and stretch her wings. The leathery skin between the bones, nearly glowing, with the sun basking in from behind, however briefly, before she folded them in again. It were not often she had a chance to fly here. Too busy with things, and as an earth aligned dragon, perfectly fine with walking. It were also troubling to do in the forest, as her wingspan were greater than most ponies, barring alicorns. Made it harder to fly, lest she climbed a tree first, or found a clearing, and she had little want to act like a cat.

On 2022-11-01 at 8:06 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

Skittles would nod and listen "I apologise myself for assuming, miss Nerzhei, and alright, well we won't be too long, we'll just take miss Delilah here to the doctors and then we can go get Honey Dew his Phoenix chick" she says, walking into the town with them and looking around, "I love how peaceful it is here...most of the time"

"It might take a bit more. I need to go there myself regardless, to get some tests answers. And before you ask, it was a biopsy."

She'd turn her head, and lift a few lose scales, to show the entry point they had to make use off, when she were in for the procedure.

"Migraine attacks. They thought they might be able to determine the reason."

"Isn't that a little ah, excessive, just for migraine attacks?"

"Try having them for sixty years, and expect them to last another several thousand."

"Oh? Oh... Oh my, that's ah... I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll ah, be able to help you both, and we can get on with our day, yes?

And ah, don't think it a pressing matter, with the chick. It is ah, quite a nice thought, but your health do come first, after all.

And ah, yes. Ponyville is rather peaceful. barring the ah, monster attacks, and Discord antics. As well as ah, Pinkie's random party moods."

He'd look around nervously for her, as they'd get towards the hospital. Lest something happened with Delilah, or Pinkie or another, decided to intercept them, it should be a nice, simple walk up there, and they could all mark themselves at the reception. Although Nerzhei had to lean down some, to get through the door. The ceiling were thankfully bigger inside, but it was the matter of getting in here in the first place, that required some adaptability. That said, she should definitely not go jumping in here, or her horns might get stuck to the ceiling.

The receptionist would look at the guests, but Nerzhei wouldn't go first. Instead offering Delilah to go first. And meanwhile Honey would push up his glasses, and look over at the side, where he'd see a colt, walking along with a few ponies.

The unicorn colt turned his head to look around the hospital, and saw Honey. At which point, he'd let out a gasp, come rushing over, and would jump right into Honey's grasp, as he had leaned down, ready to take the action of affection to him.

They wouldn't talk, but there were a clear reason for that, as the colt eventually pulled back, and started to make signs with his hooves, whilst smiling. The two mares that had been walking with him, coming over, smiling saintly. Two locals this were, in fact. An accountant - Scribble Zero - and a tailor assistant - Snip Snap - that would wave at Honey, while he did his own hoof signs, to the colt. Although he were a bit slower, than the enthusiastic colt.

The talk seemed to go on the others too, as he pointed around, and it appeared that he were introduced to them. His eyes falling in awe on the dragon, slightly on Delilah, and then focused on Skittles. He'd then signal a few things to Honey, that'd make him blush up, and hastily reply.

"P-Please ah, handle yourselves at the receptionist. She will ah, h-help you along here. Dear Celestia...

And this is ah, Point Perfect. He used to be at the orphanage, before these nice mares adopted him, last month. He's ah, deaf, and can't read lips, so I am sorry if this ah, looks somewhat odd currently."

"Seems somewhat heartwarming to me. By all means, continue."

Lotus would chitter along, scratching the inside of her ears. The meaning? Nothing major. Just something along the lines of *That's kinda cool*.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-11-04 at 7:37 AM, Blitz Boom said:

He were pondering this for a few minutes, before he heard the sound of familiar steps, following the doorbell going, and his ears perked. He'd scurry across the room, looking for the source, and rightfully so, he'd see Scarcity enter the bakery, and make her way to the back of the line, as were proper. She may think herself important, but some common decency should be followed. Besides, it gave her a chance to notice the available offerings, and make a decision.

Yet as she'd be noticed, so too would she bite note in him, and would let out a small, pearly laughter, then signal for the critter to come over. Something which he did, though jumped near the wall, to get there, to avoid confrontation with others. If they were okay seeing Munchkin here, he should be fine too, yes? He too were small, and hairy.

On the way there, he also noticed, that Scarcity were not alone. She had brought the filly along, who'd meet her little friend with hugs, soon as he came over.

"How delightful. I had wondered where you had gone off to, dearie. Having fun I assume?"

Hammond would nod, as he were in the grasp of Floral, who seemed all too pleased, to continue to give him hugs, before putting him up on her head.

Stiff Peaks tended to the few customers who came in and paid for their choices in bread, always maintaining her cheerful disposition. The locals who frequent her bakery knew her as the big and bubbly mare who ran the morning rush with ease, seemingly having the whole situation under control. Even today, that outlook was present on her face, more so now that she got her chance to meet and talk with Omen. Today was a far cry from their first interaction, one marked with confusion and uncertainty hidden behind her usual upbeat facade. Now, it was genuine delight, a big smile, softened with understanding and acceptance. 

With Scarcity in her shop, the baker noticed the little ones scurrying about. Hammond was more noticeable, as he ran to the esteemed-looking guest and a little filly that accompanied her. Seemed like they were acquainted with each other. Most surprising of all was Munchkin’s behavior, as even she approached the filly and rubbed herself on her legs. That was usually a sign of affection, hinting that the cat might know this guest, especially when her purring is more audible this time around. Maybe there was more going on here…

“Welcome! Please have a look around and pick out what you like! I see Munchkin and her friend are familiar with you lot; guess she’s been busy making friends when she isn't around.”

On 2022-11-04 at 7:37 AM, Blitz Boom said:

What I do have, are known connections to make use of. I know the address of her brother, whom should be well able to tell where she is, as well as the whereabouts of Discord, who have shown to be able to call upon her. I also know several couriers to make use of, to get a message towards either, in case I am in a delicate situation. I can work on setting up other points of connection later, but for now at least, I believe those two avenues should suffice, yes?"

As his teachers had been so fond of saying: Having a plan B, were wise. Having a plan C through H, were professionalism. So while he needed to put a few in motion, he had already thought of several ways, and backup ways, that he might make use of. They wouldn't work if for instance, he got trapped, but he had a few ideas for that too. Yet that would depend on a few factors, that he still needed to explore properly.

Meanwhile, Omen would be halfway through her meal, and would lift her head from the bread, to address the others. She might not know much about curtsey, but she were certain that she should be looking at others, while she spoke to them.

"I do not mind, sending messages. It were what Master Discord made me do too.

If Master Discord, or brother calls for me, because he have something from you, Rosa, I can deliver them too. I know where everyone are. Except for brother, and his master. Brother have a strange gem with him. I could not sense him, when I saw him with it. I think his master have the same. She is very smart."

"And regrettably fast. A matter of days, and she already devised a method to keep you away, in case she requires privacy. I can imagine she made your brother try and track her at first, but still... What kind of gem were it, do you know?"

"Shiny."

“Yeah… I may have also known about Hammond’s gem since last night. He told me about how it worked, though it seems everyone here is already on the same page about that.”

“This is the first time I’m hearing about that, and you did say you ran into Hammond last night, then. Regardless, I think now would be a good time to know about our alternatives for contacting you, Rosa. The couriers you mentioned will definitely be useful in case we need to get in touch.”

“As for whatever else we have planned for today, I just remembered that I owe some folks for the stuff we brought here to decorate your home. I don’t want them to think I’ve neglected our trade, and I suppose those will have to double as an apology gift now. Maybe we could have a look around town and see what we could get? This might be a good time to gather some things for home.”

Lin had hoped to bring back something of value to the artisans and craftworkers back home, though having no knowledge about what goes on in the trade it’ll be difficult to narrow down her options for gifts that are of equal value to carved wood panels and little wooden figurines. Tools might be nice, and they are practical items that would see much use. However, it’ll be awkward to rely on the funds Omen is carrying around. Now would be a good time to take stock of the siblings’ finances, even if the bits they gathered were mostly picked up from the ground, or the water fountain in Canterlot’s town square in Sen’s case.

A quick trip around town may be in order, and they wouldn’t need to worry about making things difficult for Rosa’s new employers. There was very little chance of them being dragged out of town.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't respond to Leviathan's response, but her expression signaled 'really?' in humorous manner at Leviathan's choice of word 'little'. She did of course know it didn't actually mean physical size, but she was the kind to pull humor from someone lot smaller than her calling her small in any context, be it actually funny or not, after all, Ruby wasn't exactly the grand comedian of all time, and lot of things she found amusing were somehow related to weakness or suffering of others.

For Leviathan's explanation, Ruby..actually listened? or at least she looked slightly less uninterested than usual, she still didn't look like she was interested per say, but she looked less like she was forced to listen, and while she still didn't say anything, seemingly listening was certainly a start. There was also something that Charir seemed to notice, as evidenced by him again looking at Ruby with slight curiosity when she wasn't looking at him, it seemed she was sending some mixed signals to Charir, and he wasn't really sure what it meant.

"Yes, it's also read from left to right, not that you can read anything from it at the moment." Ruby stated in matter-of-fact way "It's a part from the writings I found, about my kind's past, more specifically, it talks about elemental magic, it's not anything too helpful, as it's just general information, but I figured that if anyone found use out of it, that would be you." "Don't worry about damaging it, it's a copy I made, so it won't be lost forever if something happens, though I would appreciate you not losing it still." "For Charir I got two scrolls, one has everything for him to learn to read our language, and the other is for basics of this language with our language as the starting point, I concluded that while there is material for it, it will be simpler that after he learns how this language works, I...We, teach him the rest." 

------------------------------------------

"Not as far as we know" Trox replied to the poison question, Chega also shrugged her shoulders, sure she wasn't an expert on the matter, but she too knew thing or two, and wasn't aware of any specifically effective toxin, but as a break from the usual agreement between the siblings, Sheska actually countered Trox's answer "It's not that simple, actually." "Generally speaking, there is no natural poison or toxin that would be more effective than others against our kind, we are not immune to anything per say, our bodies are just very effective at combating everything, but that doesn't mean there's nothing." "Synthetic toxins and poisons are always an option, be it magical or technological, though that would require biological knowledge about the target, in this case specific type of kobolds, that in this world would be hard to come by since our kind is still mostly isolated, especially with this little time," "There has also been a natural toxin that has been extra dangerous for our kind, or well, assumed to be natural, in short, there was an epidemic of specific parasite in the slave population generations before us, while the parasite itself wasn't that bad, it created toxin that while harmless to other creatures, was extremely dangerous to kobolds, though the reason is unknown, since us being slaves, nobody cared enough to look at it further than figuring out a way to stop their slaves from dying." 

"I have few suggestions on what the substance could be on the blades, it could be synthetic poison made purposely against kobolds, a natural one similar to whatever that parasite created, a poison that has been somehow boosted in toxicity a lot, or something from outside Equestria that our bodies simply hasn't prepared for." "This of course is assuming that our killer knows anything about kobolds, and doesn't for example just assume we are smaller, wingless dragons, something that quite frankly is unlikely if we are targets just because we helped the ponies earlier, which means it could be just some poison that would have ended up being ineffective." while one should never underestimate their foe, they shouldn't overestimate them either, sure this one has been crafty, and knew enough to target Onache, but changelings were quite a lot more common here than kobolds.

After a moment Trox spoke again "What she said, and for your worry about Sheez, she didn't come to help when I was bleeding out on the ground with my limbs missing, nor did she do anything to help us out from the collapsed prison we were trapped in when we ended up here, so I doubt she will do much to help us with some random murderer." 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
"Are you recommending I have my  wedding here?" Howl's brow furrowed.  He looked around and grimaced slightly, he tried to be polite. "It is a kind offer, though I have my concerns."

"They are working on fixing it up real good. It also would save the time it would talk me to fly or walk to where the wedding would be held." Ginger piped up.

"Hm...Do you perhaps have a garden? A garden might be a decent venue... less eyesore holes... " He cleared his throat. "Not that I have any problem with holes, of course!  it's just a wedding, no matter how small should certainly be fancy."

His wings buzzed as he chittered "I mean, just Imagine the look on my darling's face in a beautiful garden. Especially if it's full of humming birds. She absolutely adores the creatures. She always voiced how much she loved birds. She also loves such things as flowers. She is such a beautiful, colorful, free spirit of a mare. I feel like I glow when I'm with her. I had never met anyone who could make me feel like I could float through the air like a feather in the breeze. I haven't even felt a single pang of hunger since I met her, like she just radiates love and joy... I don't even have words to describe what it's like to have somepony like her. I want to give her the best I possibly can. "

"She's like a ray of sunshine, lighting up the world with her glow. It's like she was made to be perfect."
He sighed dreamily.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

" Oookay?.... Thanks?" Light replied to the pegasi and wave good bye. 

As they've gone through the process, they have their day.

" So Shark-" he'd approach his love and put his hooves around her shoulder"- what do you wanna do today?" He bashfully asked. 

He'd look at her eyes..." Hungry right? " He guessed. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

There it was again.  That dead silence.  A stark contrast to the difficulty it was to get an Equestrian crowd to quiet down long enough for a ceremony to happen.  Cheers, flag waving, general joyfulness.  Did his speech miss the spot?  Maybe coming up with a speech beforehoof instead of winging it in front of thousands would have served him a bit better.  Did he not live up to the hype gossip had created when creatures around Harrowmark envisioned what their savior may be?  Maybe he put a little too much Equestrian in it.  Is this were the hook on a comedy stage was suppose to appear now to hank him away from to unamused mob?  Well, that hook took a different form.  A pup some distance away on a roof top had accepted his gesture.  Then another, and another, the flood gates had been released after a somewhat awkward delayed reaction.  Thunderous cheer shattered the silence.

The feeling was, strange.  Dawn, his mother and father stood before crowds all the time.  That was their place.  Even growing up, school plays found the young colt relegated to the special effects or stage team.  That didn't even change in the present day during the neighborhood's various festivals throughout the year.  They said joy was infectious and being the center of its cause wasn't uncommon to Rising, but at this scale, it was very different than helping just one pony in a big city.

Feeling the ache from holding his hoof that long, he slowly lowered it just as the merriment sparked by their Queen and Rising had triggered the festivities to begin.  Rising took note of Necrotic's signals just as tables were being brought forth and the gathering switched from listening to performing.  The family followed back through the large door until its small barrier could block them once again from the party.  Much more difficult to contained the joyous sounds now.  "Ho ho ho!  Quite the speech my boy!" his father beamed and slapped him heartedly on the back.  "He gets it from his father," Grace fluttered in close, tears of pride welling up in her eyes as she stole a kiss on his child's cheek.  She produced a handkerchief from her dress and gently dabbed her eyes before her make up be ruined.  "That silence had you stiff.  Nervous were we?" Dawn teased.  She full well knew how he felt during that brief moment on the balcony.  Dawn and Grace commanded the attention of those gathered to witness them and relished it.  His father a college classroom, probably a harder challenge to have to do it over a longer period of time.  Rising wasn't in his element.  "I... managed," he acknowledged.  Not technically a lie, but not revealing the truth either.  Dawn smirk, but let it slid so he could enjoy his moment in a bigger than usual spotlight.

"That would make for a bad impression, on both our parts," Rising agreed.  Better to not fight back in this regard.  If he felt an escort necessary, then so be it.  The detective took a long breath in, and then out.  "You needn't worry about me, Necrotic.  I'm fine.  Please, lead the way," Rising smiled.

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

Necrotic had a pleased smile on his face, as he saw the interaction, between Rising, and his family. It was a very loving, supportive bunch he had around him. Something he well deserved, and would need, with the weight of not just what he did here, but in general, at his job in his own country. Family to help him carry himself on the rough days, or as now, give him some praise that felt more near, and sincere, than he might think came from the crowd.

"I apologize if the crowd were somewhat... Delayed in their reaction. You are our savior, and yet, you are also an outsider, in a country that have been taught through generations, that they should be suspicious of those they do not know. It leaves a certain degree of tension, but as you witnessed, all it takes is one, and soon, all will follow. It is my belief, and sincere hope, that this have now established a connection, and caused them to be willing to reach out to not just you, but more Equestrians.

And might I say, that I agree with your family. Considering the rushed circumstances, you did splendidly.

In any case though, if you do feel ready, then we should proceed. But please, let me know if you feel discomfort at some point. I'm certain I can delay your more personal introduction, at least for a few more moments, if need be."

Necrotic would take the lead, and guide them down pathways through the sizable castle. The old style of it, never waning, even as the rooms were markedly different at times. It showed well the old feel of the place, and considering the things and portraits around, also how they valued tradition, and their history greatly. Even though there would be a few portraits torn, and statues splintered on the floor, left along what appeared to be metal plaques, stomped on a substantial amount of times. Remnants of a less than beloved figure, that the staff had been more than pleased to stop giving the same care, as the actual castle items, and figures in their history.

One of Twisted's more grander looking statues, they'd manage to see actually getting pushed out of a large window, into a dumpster waiting far below, by around four staff. Two kitchen, a maid, and what might be a squire. They did not notice the group, as their focus were on this fully.

As they got far enough from that spectacle, Necrotic would speak of it, and what they might see other places too.

"History is important, and we believe that prominent figures in our history, should never be truly forgotten, for better or worse. That said, I hope you understand that most do not want to be confronted with his distasteful visage, and *inspirational* quotes, on a daily basis.

Ah, and here we are."

Necrotic would halt, and stop at a large, oak door, with a sign above, reading *Knight Quarters*, in carved letters, upon an oaked board. It seemed wafter being carved, the letters had then been slightly burned, to give it a darker, natural hue.

Opening it, they'd be confronted with the beginning of a training hall, with weapon and armor racks stacked around the walls. It would end and lead into an open yard, where at least a couple dozen creatures were currently either preparing their armor, sparring with one another, or polishing their gear. Or as were the case with a rather immense looking diamond dog - her being easily twice the height of Rising, despite not standing straight, but crooked over, like they tended to be - currently having a training exercise, which were destroying a statue of Twisted, with her bare paws. Primarily through punches.

As she did not wear armor, but just training clothes, her greying, brown spotted fur were fully shown, as were the scar going over her empty left eye socket, that seemed to have been charred as well. It made her look a little intimidating to most at the best of times. Her long, thick fur, that still looked scruffy and wild, did not help that fact to a fair few, as it made her look somewhat feral. The only hair that were somewhat combed dwell, being her long hair, going down to her thighs. Yet even that were pretty thick and scruffy, giving it a semi-unkempt look, after it passed her neckline.

She and several others, would turn their heads, as they heard the doors open, and as they saw the prince, and his group, they'd all stop whatever they were doing, and salute the lot of them. The diamond dog, leading the word.

"My prince. What brings you here?"

Her voice were deep, and sounded like she had a near permanent growl to her words.

"Be at ease everyone. There is no need for alarm. I have come here on official duties, seeking a group to escort our esteemed guests, as we tour Copperhagen. I had hoped in fact, that you might be willing to join us, in front of a regiment of your knights, Captain Gerthrude?"

"For country and queen."

She'd take one of her meaty paws, and bash against her chest twice, then turn around, and point at a few knights. All picked, seemingly excited about it, and rushing off to get their armor ready. In the end, six - herself included - would be picked out. All diamond dogs, with two of them being undead.

"A great selection, Captain.

And of course, might I introduce you formally to our guests? Sir Rising Dusk, of Equestria, and his dear family.

My friends from far away, this is Captain Gerthrude. Pack alpha of her own squad. If she cannot keep you safe, I might dare say that none can."

"Flattering words, my prince.

It is an honor to meet you, Sir Dusk of Equestria."

She'd go down on one knee, and bow her head to Rising. She'd still tower over him, even like this, but that were one reason why Necrotic found her a suitable guard leader, for this excursion. She were impossible to not bite notice in, and if things got too hard, she could carry Rising, or any of his family, above the crowd with ease. She'd also tear someone in half, if they tried harming them, which were certainly useful too.

==========================================================================

@Kujamih

"Uuuuh, food! Food good. We eat."

She'd rub her face against the side of his, then notice the two kitsune, and would fly over to them. As she got in front, they'd vanish out of sight, with a notable pop, and a small poof, like a firework. Yet Shark did not leave. She'd just look confused, then sniff the air, and then poke into thin air, to the left of her.

"Fluffy ones, can't see. Still smell."

"That's not fair."

They'd shimmer into view again, and then look at Shark, somewhat nervous, as were seen by them standing even closer.

"We go eat. You hungry too? Wanna eat?"

"You're not gonna eat us, right?"

Shark would reach out, and pat the female twice on the head with her hoof. Which made the male smirk a little bit.

"Food don't talk."

"We guess it wouldn't be so bad then. Unless he says no. We do not want to make him angry. He feels strange."

"Mate will be okay. Yes? Light? We eat with fluffy ones?"

She'd look at light, beaming with smiles, whilst the kitsune looked at him, semi-nervously. They weren't sure what it were, but something felt off about him, compared to other ponies.

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-11-05 at 4:36 AM, EQ_Theta said:

With Scarcity in her shop, the baker noticed the little ones scurrying about. Hammond was more noticeable, as he ran to the esteemed-looking guest and a little filly that accompanied her. Seemed like they were acquainted with each other. Most surprising of all was Munchkin’s behavior, as even she approached the filly and rubbed herself on her legs. That was usually a sign of affection, hinting that the cat might know this guest, especially when her purring is more audible this time around. Maybe there was more going on here…

“Welcome! Please have a look around and pick out what you like! I see Munchkin and her friend are familiar with you lot; guess she’s been busy making friends when she isn't around.”

The filly gasped, as she saw her little kitty friend too, and would lean down to pet the cat. She'd look up on occasion towards Scarcity, and point towards the cat. Something which made the mare smirk, and eye the cat a little too, though she did not approach further. She didn't want to potentially spook the little one away.

"So this is the cat you mentioned, had been playing with Hammond? How amusing of a coincidence."

She'd make some gestures towards the filly, explaining that she thought it were a strange, yet funny little coincidence, that they ran into one another here.

"Indeed she have. I were barely told as it were, but it delights me that Hammond is becoming so social already. It bodes well for his future.

Ah, but where are my manners? My name is Scarcity, and this is my daughter, Floral Phantasma."

A few words might be mumbled, in case there were yet other customers, as it were not known that Scarcity did have a daughter. Not except for a few, who had been sworn to secrecy, until she were ready for things to be said publicly.

Floral would wave up at the mare, then go back to petting Munchkin.

"I must say, I have rather been looking forward to going here. A few meetings where I have had some delightful cinnamon rolls and such, from this bakery, but time can be such a rarity to come by at times. Took me far longer than I wished, to get here.

Might I order three cinnamon rolls, seven buns, and a larger cake of your choosing? We are not picky eaters, so I will be interested in seeing your suggestion."

It came with her being an observer. The more she learned of others, however minute, she could use that to expand upon, and in the end, get to know others, far more than they'd like for her to do. Something like what Rosa did, but creepier, and more expansive.

"Also, I come with a question. I have an arrangement coming up, and wonder if I can order an arrangement of buns, breads, and cakes? I have made use of others before, but found the result somewhat lacking. And store bought, simply won't do. The taste is rather lacking, compared to properly baked goods.

There is a few weeks to go, and while I do have options, I believe this place would do rather well, in providing, if given the correct degree of preparation time. I believe two hundred and fifty assorted buns, twenty five breads, and around fifty-three cakes should suffice. The buns earliest, of course. The cakes are for after the brunch."

This were a small place yes, but Scarcity had tried others, with varying degrees of success, and she heard well of this one. As such, she'd see if Peaks were one that were up to the task, by seeing if she were able and willing, to try her hoof at this order. If she were, and the quality were there, she'd definitely keep this one in mind, for future things. As well as letting some words slip, about where the baked goods had come from, of course. She were not cruel, and wanted obscurity for this one, after all. Not if she did well.

Besides, it would prove an investment into more interest in Old Town, which she did have a vested interest in, for various reasons. Most of them being lucrative.

"I am well aware that it might prove taxing to do, in time and effort, for a smaller establishment, such as this. I assure you that I will compensate you for your work accordingly too. In writing, if you'd prefer. It is a delightful way to remove a degree of uncertainty, in a larger deal like this."

If she seemed interested, Scarcity would also point towards the dish, that had been sold to Omen, if it were on display, and order one of those too, for herself. She did not partake in this kind often, but she felt in a good mood thus far, and as such, felt as if she could indulge herself a little.

“Yeah… I may have also known about Hammond’s gem since last night. He told me about how it worked, though it seems everyone here is already on the same page about that.”

“This is the first time I’m hearing about that, and you did say you ran into Hammond last night, then. Regardless, I think now would be a good time to know about our alternatives for contacting you, Rosa. The couriers you mentioned will definitely be useful in case we need to get in touch.”

“As for whatever else we have planned for today, I just remembered that I owe some folks for the stuff we brought here to decorate your home. I don’t want them to think I’ve neglected our trade, and I suppose those will have to double as an apology gift now. Maybe we could have a look around town and see what we could get? This might be a good time to gather some things for home.”

"I know of a place where we can seek out tools, if that is what you wish for. Though it will depend on your desired price range. There are all from high end, to reused tools, depending on what you want to spend on them, and how discernable of an eye you have. You'd be surprised what can be found at scrap yards, and yard sales, if you're willing to do a bit of cleaning.

As for my contacts, I'd first need to verify which ones I still have, then work backwards from there. It will likely take a few weeks, before I have definitive answers for that. I can show you the locations, most fitting with your preferences, before I go and start work. Or inquire about it at least. The guard work might be some time out. Scarcity I can imagine, have already lined six things up for me to do, and are just waiting for me to show up. It seems to fit her character well, so to speak."

"I will follow, and look at tools. Maybe I have hid some like that, somewhere?"

"If you have, I can imagine time have rendered them near unusable. Not everything lasts as well, as the log you provided did. Though of course, it never hurts to check."

If all seemed ready to go outside, Rosa would listen to the criteria the siblings would set up, when it came to tools, whilst looking around to make sure all windows and such were closed, then direct them to the door. They may as well get started on today, yes?

Before stepping out fully though, he'd try and get Lin's attention. Something he had in mind, he wished to speak with her about.

"I imagine I'm not the only one, that she might be waiting for, considering your powers. You might have to ask yourself, what you'd be willing to do, if you need financing."

He'd continue to go out, and lock the door, lest she had something to say in private, before they exited the house.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, I don't mind learning from others. Done so plenty of times before. This here's just gonna be the first time, that I learn from a scroll. Most teacher on dragon magic, does so in person. We tend to last longer than our paper, so it just seems easier. And this here being from abroad? That could show a few new perspectives, that I hadn't thought off, or heard before. Maybe something that might even help in teaching Charir. That'd be neat. Thanks for this."

She'd beam with a big grin, towards Ruby. This were actually pretty cool. She had to adjust how she read things, to make it fit well, but she'd get hang of it eventually. Everything to help her little friend.

"It sounds like you have a good plan for how to teach Charir. I bet if we give it our all, he'll be able to understand at least the basics, in no time. Won't that be fun? You won't have to constantly translate, and I can tell him happy things directly. Ooh, it's gonna be fun!

You have an idea of a place where we can sit and start on it? Should we just wander into the living room, have a sit, and then take it from there? And do we need some things for this, beyond the scrolls? Like something to write on, a board, something like that? We can make a proper class out of it and everything, hehe.

I dunno if you learn things differently though. Round here, we tend to have to sit around, read stuff, and then ask if we don't get something. A chalk board is used a lot too. You do the same thing? Cause I could get a chalk board pretty easily. This town have a lot of random stuff, from what I hear."

Regardless of the path they'd take with it, Leviathan were excited, and enthusiastic about getting started. And if she had to get a board, she'd go and get one. A portable one, since she couldn't just nick a big one off of the school wall, but still, a fairly nice one, shouldn't be too hard to get hold of. And it'd allow her to get them something for the lunch break. Like a proper school. Wouldn't that be fun? She'd never been in one, when she were a whelp of course, but she had a short stint as a teacher once. She learned a lot of things there.

For instance, she learned that tying unruly students to a flag pole, were considered inappropriate behavior. As were it to call the principal a spineless softie, for telling her that. But anyway, she had still learned things, before getting chased out of that town for... Related, and unrelated reasons.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Considering this assassin, seems to have had a rare parasite, to use as a poison against changelings, from a country as far away as Neighpon, I'm not ruling anything out. But if kobolds aren't a normal sight here, or there, it could just be a concentrated form, of a generic poison. Either way, it's best that you didn't get poked, and found out.

It's... Disturbing, to hear about one from your own world though. It sounds rather nasty. As does your ah... Experience, regarding Sheez not rushing to your aid. I can't imagine what it must've been like, bleeding out with injuries like that."

She'd give her condolences in a way, whilst cringing notably. Likely at the thought of the kobold laying around, chopped up like that. It seemed she had managed, but it were certainly not ideal, that much were sure.

"In any event, if we don't have her to worry about in this way though, and the assassin presumably, are just trying to get at you, with more generic means, we will need to thread cautiously. And stay away fromt he windows, remember that. It's rather easy to strike somepony. Even through a glass window. And I'm gonna have to assume that you avoiding getting hit by these things, might start to get on your assailants nerves. Enough to perhaps go more direct.

*sigh* but with that one still in the air, and Sheez just seemingly out there, we need some kind of plan of attack here, so to speak. Ideally I'd just have us hunker down for a few days, and see if things would blow over, but it might just make us sitting ducks too, considering our rough location is known now.

In your opinions, what would you think would be the best plan at this? I have a preference, but I must admit, that this is not a situation I've ever found myself in, and so I'm not entirely sure if my suggestion is a good one, or ludicrous."

It were primarily Trox and Sheska that she'd ask, as they were more familiar with one half of the equation. That being Sheez. They were also from a harsher worlds, by all things considered, and had likely been through a lot. As thus, they might have some experience, with situations like this, and could guide them better in this endeavor.

It wasn't exactly what Stargazer had wanted, but if it were more efficient, and safe, to do something else, than she'd much prefer to do that. The Coastal Guard were a more active guard regiment, than the royal ones, so she were more used to a work day, involving some degree of weapon usage. Or at least more physical activity, than standing about all day.

The opinion of the other residents of this room, were more than welcome too, of course. The more they communicated, the better they'd be able to work together, to get the better on this assassin, and Sheez, before either got the jump on them.

=================================================================

@GingerLightning

The collective sigh of dreamy changelings, imagining what it were like between the two lovebirds, were both notable, and came with a wave of lovey-dovey emotions to boot. They were performers, and tended to really get into things, and the way he spoke about his beloved, certainly helped getting them to a fawning stage. Cheshire being no different, as she were radiating a fair bit of positive vibes too.

"Awh, aren't you just adorable? Can't wait to meet the mare, that stole your heart away.

I did suggest the theater too, and it should be mentioned, we are gonna paint. We're just fixing it up first. No point in painting, if there's still holes, right? But a nice garden setting sure is lovely too. None of those here, unfortunately. Las Pegasus have many things, but as a cloud city, we don't have vegetation. Except for some potted plants here and there.

That said, we didn't always live up here. We had a hive down in the forest below, and with a bit of cleaning up, the clearing above ground, should be nice and usable. Just need to trim the wilderness a bit. Shouldn't be a big issue.

We can go down and look, soon as you feel like it. I'm sure your doggo wanna go and feel some regular ground under his paws again, don't you little guy?"

The pup would lift his head, and look up at the changeling queen, beaming down towards him. He weren't sure what she were on about, but he heard the mention of a clearing, so that meant a forest... Dangerous, if they met other timber wolves, but Meiko did like the idea of smelling around a regular forest again for a bit. This town were interesting too, but it were strange, to walk around, on something that wasn't ground. He didn't understand all the magic put into this thing, so to him, it were just something he tried not to focus too much about. Though he had poked his head into quite a few clouds by now, and gotten confused, staggering backwards.

So thinking this were a good idea, he's give off a single bark towards the changeling, and wag his tail.

"Awh, aren't you just an adorable little scamp?"

She'd pet him, and feeling quite giddy about running her hoof across his rough bark skin, while he just enjoyed getting pet. Normally he didn't just let anyone do this, but this one got along well with his friend, and they had given him good food, so it were okay, yes?

"Oh yeah, that's another thing, that you don't know of, as a hiveless, Ginger. We could give you a tour of the old hive too like this. I'm pretty sure it haven't been overtaken by bears and badgers yet. And if it has, we'll just have them sit still and behave for a bit."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Light could not say no to the beautiful mare Infront of him.

" I can't say no to you... Especially with that beautiful smile of yours.... And besides.... What could possibly...*gulp*.. go wrong?"  He worries.

He'd walk near them and have a bit of a chat while heading to their next destination.

" I don't mind you kitsune... That is until you get mischievous... " Light has a mix of curiosity and fear with them as hes never been never a young kitsune before. Usually their protected by their parents and are very rare to be seen. At the back of his head he knows that this children is surely being guarded and inst unattended by a guard. Especially royalty.

" Hmmm... You kitsunes... Are very protective of their young correct?... They must trust this place to leave you here..." 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The cat remembered Floral and her relaxing pats from earlier. So it would seem that the world felt smaller when everyone knew each other, at least among those present. She was slowly taking a liking to this filly, seeing her as someone who could be trustworthy. For now, she continued purring, sitting right next the filly’s leg with her back straightened out. Peaks took notice, and although she was happy to see her feline friend was getting along well, she could only image Omen and her friends might have done a lot more exploring the day before if the town was suddenly feeling much more connected to the new group of faces. 

On 2022-11-10 at 7:21 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Ah, but where are my manners? My name is Scarcity, and this is my daughter, Floral Phantasma."

A few words might be mumbled, in case there were yet other customers, as it were not known that Scarcity did have a daughter. Not except for a few, who had been sworn to secrecy, until she were ready for things to be said publicly.

Floral would wave up at the mare, then go back to petting Munchkin.

"I must say, I have rather been looking forward to going here. A few meetings where I have had some delightful cinnamon rolls and such, from this bakery, but time can be such a rarity to come by at times. Took me far longer than I wished, to get here.

Might I order three cinnamon rolls, seven buns, and a larger cake of your choosing? We are not picky eaters, so I will be interested in seeing your suggestion."

“Of course! I’ve just got a fresh batch of buns and rolls out of the oven. Now, for your cake… There’s this delectable Frozen Mango Torte, one of our bestsellers, though I’ve been told a few times that it isn’t exactly how ponies imagined when they think about cakes. Sweet as can be with a crunch in every bite! Let me get your orders for you, Miss Scarcity.”

“It looks like the assorted eastern steamed buns interest you! I can get you a platter with twelve buns in it with three types of buns. Each order comes with condensed milk as a dipping sauce!”

The baker started off with the three cinnamon rolls and seven buns. Those were the kinds that sell easily throughout the day, so there is definitely no shortage. Then, she returned to the back room to grab a box of the frozen cake from the freezer, as well as a small bag of carrot balls from earlier. If this was where Hammond would part ways with her, at least he’ll be going home with a bag of treats. It was the least Peaks could do. 

Once she got the order bundled up and ready to go, she would hear out the mare’s request. An oddly large one, probably close to something that would normally accompany a catering service. A small bakery like hers likely would need more prep time, even with the extra help she’s got, who were away gathering ingredients at the time. This one will require some serious consideration, but Peaks knows she couldn’t turn down a chance to turn a profit. Ms. Scarcity sounded like a mare of high class; brunch and meals after that? Might be a good idea if it makes the bakery more reputable.

There is a few weeks to go, and while I do have options, I believe this place would do rather well, in providing, if given the correct degree of preparation time. I believe two hundred and fifty assorted buns, twenty five breads, and around fifty-three cakes should suffice. The buns earliest, of course. The cakes are for after the brunch."

This were a small place yes, but Scarcity had tried others, with varying degrees of success, and she heard well of this one. As such, she'd see if Peaks were one that were up to the task, by seeing if she were able and willing, to try her hoof at this order. If she were, and the quality were there, she'd definitely keep this one in mind, for future things. As well as letting some words slip, about where the baked goods had come from, of course. She were not cruel, and wanted obscurity for this one, after all. Not if she did well.

Besides, it would prove an investment into more interest in Old Town, which she did have a vested interest in, for various reasons. Most of them being lucrative.

"I am well aware that it might prove taxing to do, in time and effort, for a smaller establishment, such as this. I assure you that I will compensate you for your work accordingly too. In writing, if you'd prefer. It is a delightful way to remove a degree of uncertainty, in a larger deal like this."

“Here you go! You came right on time for the fresh batch out the oven. I didn’t want to leave Hammond with nothing, so I included a bag of carrot balls with your order, free of charge. It wouldn’t be right for me to ask you to pay for something that isn’t on the menu.

“Now on to other matters, that is a very large order, Miss Scarcity, but the bakery has had some experience with supplying parties and gatherings. I believe we can accommodate your order, or at least part of it. Assorted buns shouldn’t be a problem with ample preparation and time, but the cakes will require some clarification. If I may ask, do you have specific sizes and flavors in mind? I’d like to get an idea of what I could expect so preparations can be made accordingly. I guess I should also ask the same about your 25 orders of bread. Having this information in writing will definitely help.” 

"I know of a place where we can seek out tools, if that is what you wish for. Though it will depend on your desired price range. There are all from high end, to reused tools, depending on what you want to spend on them, and how discernable of an eye you have. You'd be surprised what can be found at scrap yards, and yard sales, if you're willing to do a bit of cleaning.

As for my contacts, I'd first need to verify which ones I still have, then work backwards from there. It will likely take a few weeks, before I have definitive answers for that. I can show you the locations, most fitting with your preferences, before I go and start work. Or inquire about it at least. The guard work might be some time out. Scarcity I can imagine, have already lined six things up for me to do, and are just waiting for me to show up. It seems to fit her character well, so to speak."

"I will follow, and look at tools. Maybe I have hid some like that, somewhere?"

"If you have, I can imagine time have rendered them near unusable. Not everything lasts as well, as the log you provided did. Though of course, it never hurts to check."

If all seemed ready to go outside, Rosa would listen to the criteria the siblings would set up, when it came to tools, whilst looking around to make sure all windows and such were closed, then direct them to the door. They may as well get started on today, yes?

Before stepping out fully though, he'd try and get Lin's attention. Something he had in mind, he wished to speak with her about.

"I imagine I'm not the only one, that she might be waiting for, considering your powers. You might have to ask yourself, what you'd be willing to do, if you need financing."

He'd continue to go out, and lock the door, lest she had something to say in private, before they exited the house.

“I’m not looking for anything costly or eye-catching. Just enough to get by without looking too grand. Let me worry about the cleaning; I’ve got to make it look appealing at least. The folks back home will want something practical, and going by what we gathered for your home, I guess carving tools would be a good place to start.”

“Except you don’t know exactly what will make a good gift, right?”

*sigh* “…yeah. Now, about what you said about her... What's on your mind, Rosa?”

Lin prided herself in knowing about, or at least being aware, of the things that would catch her interest, making sure she’d have something to say about it that didn’t boil down to “I don’t know.” Except, this was one of those times she came ill-prepared. Even with her grandfather knowing a thing or two about the ins and outs of craft working, she didn’t think to go to him for advice. Seemed like recent events were going by so quickly that she didn’t factor in every possible event and how she’d tackle them. At the very least, there’d be some time to think about it while they were going about their day. Though what Rosa said about what she's willing to do. It was ominous, but Lin valued what her friend had to say, and so she opened herself to the possibility of going down an unexpected path.

“Suppose there's nothing more to be done, we’ll follow your lead. Where we go is in your hooves.”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I'd love to see your old hive, It has been a long time since I've been in a hive. Makes me think back to an early argument with my fiancée about several jagged rocks, "odd colored" mosses, "strange goo", and worst of all the "weird smell" in my bedroom. It was a stupid argument really, but we figured something out. We figured out so much together since then.... It makes me so giddy!!" He did a happy trot, chittering to himself.

"I never seen a proper Changeling Hive before, Brother never let me visit our mom's hive for some reason. I wanna see it! " Ginger giggled a bit before she started to make an odd noise that was clearly a sound of amusement, it didn't sound like any sound a changeling or pony would make, but rather an uncomfortable mix of both until it stopped.

"There's a good reason you aren't allowed over there. That reason being that our siblings would kill you. They have always been aggressive towards anything pony related. Just the scent of a pony on you is enough to get your wings shredded. Actually being half pony would surely get you ripped limb from limb. They rejected mom when she tried to return too..."He sounded a tad defensive and protective.

"What do you mean they rejected mama? "Ginger asked, her smile was switched to a look of concern and confusion.

"It's extremely rare, but there are times that hives will reject their queens...I'm not certain why most hives that reject their queens do so, But she was rejected because she smelt like a pony. Last time I saw our mother she was looking really rough. There hasn't really been anywhere safe for her to stay though...I want her to have somewhere to recover and I'd love for her to attend my wedding as well. After all I do want my future wife to meet my mother." Howl's emotions shifted from a wild, blood-boiling rage, to a deep, somber sadness. Yet on the outside he looked as cool and tranquil as a completely undisturbed lake on a moonlit night, only rarely curling his lip as he spoke.

"Maybe she could stay here!"Ginger just sprung to the idea.

She turned to face Cheshire eagerly."Could our mother stay here too?! It's been so long since I've seen her! "

"That's a bit much to ask, Cheese weevil..."Howl gently spoke to his younger sister, not wanting to risk her overstepping any boundaries.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

On 2022-11-10 at 11:41 AM, Kujamih said:

" I can't say no to you... Especially with that beautiful smile of yours.... And besides.... What could possibly...*gulp*.. go wrong?"  He worries.

"Yey! Fluffies get food too."

Shark were ecstatic. Her tail literally started to wag a little, just from the sheer amount of giddiness that she felt, and she started to flutter about in the air. Today was already another good day, up here in the dry world.

On 2022-11-10 at 11:41 AM, Kujamih said:

" I don't mind you kitsune... That is until you get mischievous... " Light has a mix of curiosity and fear with them as hes never been never a young kitsune before. Usually their protected by their parents and are very rare to be seen. At the back of his head he knows that this children is surely being guarded and inst unattended by a guard. Especially royalty.

" Hmmm... You kitsunes... Are very protective of their young correct?... They must trust this place to leave you here..." 

The siblings would take a small step back, side by side, and looking at the pony cautiously. They were alone here, far from the usual protection, that were given to young kitsune, and kits, and this one felt strange. Not like the other ponies around him, but like something were there. Something... Greater, in a sense. Kitsune were very magically aware, due to them being powerful magic users themselves, and so they could often feel out something odd. Light might be a regular pony now. Perhaps even truthfully. But at the very least, something would be lingering over him, that they'd still sense. Though that said, they had no idea what it were. For all they knew, he had a weird magical deodorant on him, or were often in contact with unicorns, and thus, had traces on him. Wasn't like they had much expertise with ponies before this, so they didn't know better.

"The elders asked around town, who would want to send their kits to a mixed race school, to try and connect more with the outside. Mother said she would speak to us about it, and then volunteered us. She said it were important. A great honor. We were made ready, but this place is very weird. Filled with strange creatures.

Mother wanted some guards to come too, but the elders said no. That it wouldn't show the right thing to the Equestrians. Or to Discord. We were told that we could meet him somewhere in this town. He's an important figure, the stories say."

It wasn't generally well known, due to their secrecy, but kitsune had a fairly good relation with the lord of chaos. As tricksters themselves, they had a respect for the lord of chaos, who in turn, found them to be fascinating, albeit boringly traditional creatures. But since ponies were far more boring and normal, he had a greater interest in messing with them, rather than go abroad to try wits with the kitsune. The fact they could get to meet Discord, were one reason why the siblings had agreed to go here, but the importance were also a factor. If this went well, then as their mother pointed out, they'd be doing something great for their kind. Not just themselves. That sort of thing, would matter further in their lives, if they wanted a strong position in the village.

Shark didn't get much of this, but she didn't have to either, she figured. It were feeding time now. Learning time could come later, yes? That is what a school were, if she understood the many talks right.

Since things seemed in order, she'd start to flutter towards the cafeteria. if the others got too far behind, she'd do a loop, and return to them, then fly on again. For a creature who had neither legs nor wings, less than a week ago, she adapted to them both rather well.

As for the cafeteria, it were a fair bit more filled than yesterday, but there'd be a corner table they could grab. Seemed to be a bit isolated, but it gave a good view over things, and the kitsune didn't mind it being a bit more isolated. They'd prefer to keep others at a distance, and learn from observing, first and foremost. Somewhat akin to cats, although they did not purr.

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-11-11 at 1:16 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Of course! I’ve just got a fresh batch of buns and rolls out of the oven. Now, for your cake… There’s this delectable Frozen Mango Torte, one of our bestsellers, though I’ve been told a few times that it isn’t exactly how ponies imagined when they think about cakes. Sweet as can be with a crunch in every bite! Let me get your orders for you, Miss Scarcity.”

“It looks like the assorted eastern steamed buns interest you! I can get you a platter with twelve buns in it with three types of buns. Each order comes with condensed milk as a dipping sauce!”

"What a delightful looking dish, those steamed buns. I can scarcely remember when last I indulged myself in a meal with condensed milk, but today seems a wondrous day for trying things. Twelve buns as recommended too yes, if you'd please. And the Torte. It sounds rather refreshing."

She hadn't presented Floral with a torte before, but it would be a good experience for her, to try one. And it did look rather delectable, as did many things in here. For a small bakery, the quality did not seem to be skimped out on. A good sign, in her professional opinion. Might be a different profession, but they both included attention to detail, and quality, so in a sense, they were somewhat comparable, in her opinion.

The order they would leave with here, would be somewhat large, but they were four creatures to eat. It would be fine. Brick were still at home, doing his morning exercises, so they were also in charge in bringing him something to eat. He had not been thrilled they were leaving alone, but he would listen, as he were told that they were perfectly safe, and that he should stay put.

“Here you go! You came right on time for the fresh batch out the oven. I didn’t want to leave Hammond with nothing, so I included a bag of carrot balls with your order, free of charge. It wouldn’t be right for me to ask you to pay for something that isn’t on the menu.

“Now on to other matters, that is a very large order, Miss Scarcity, but the bakery has had some experience with supplying parties and gatherings. I believe we can accommodate your order, or at least part of it. Assorted buns shouldn’t be a problem with ample preparation and time, but the cakes will require some clarification. If I may ask, do you have specific sizes and flavors in mind? I’d like to get an idea of what I could expect so preparations can be made accordingly. I guess I should also ask the same about your 25 orders of bread. Having this information in writing will definitely help.” 

Hammond's ears perked, as he heard there were carrot balls. He had to remember to count them, and bring her treats back in return then. It were how things went, far as he understood it. Something for something. That is at least how most things his master said, seemed to be, when she talked with others. Making deals. Getting something, and giving them something in return. And so far, he had not been told he were wrong, when he did this.

"How nice to meet a mare that are a stickler for details. If you could procure some papers, I would be happy to fill out an exact order."

And she would. In flowing text, she'd write the assorted buns, and then the exact number of the various cakes that she could see on offer, which left a good degree of variation in tastes, sizes, and difficulty. The same would be the case with the bread, though she'd limit her options there to five variations, and then have five of each. That should suffice in her opinion, considering there were other things to eat as well. Though she'd be merciful, and not put an emphasis on the cakes that she knew, were harder to keep in a good state, for say, a day or two, in preparation. Some could likely do more, if properly refrigerated, but she would assume the cakes to be done within a few days, if Peaks had some sense of pride in her work. For freshness, of course.

This would be something she could have done faster at a caterer, that had multiple kitchens, and hundreds of bakers working, but Scarcity were ne who liked to see the potential in others, and if there were some, both reward, and make use of it, in the future. Having a favored bakery would be a delightful thing, and more traffic to Old Town, would mean more would eye the opportunity to move here, and start more. They'd need to purchase, or rent the houses for that, and she had ownership of quite a few. Through a sub-contractor, of course, though it were perfectly legal. As were it for her to show some degree of preference, to those whom she liked, which could help her get a certain degree of stable income, from those renting or buying storefronts from her, as well as those she put vendors in contact with, to gain required base ingredients, and materials.

This were all years down the line of course, but Scarcity often laid out plans spanning years, and working methodically to get it done correctly, rather than rushed.

As for the order, she'd sign the paper when done, with her signature, before delivering the paper and pen back.

"There we go. I will have a proper contract drafted when we get home, and have it delivered with a more formal signature. A proper contract, if you will. If you are in agreement with what is written, please sign, and then send, the copy back to me. Ah, and I will also send a paper where you can write down your estimated cost of lost business, due to what I will assume, to be a focus on the order presented. It wouldn't do to have you lose out on full days worth of profits like that, without some compensation for that, included in the order, hm? I am not an unreasonable mare after all."

“I’m not looking for anything costly or eye-catching. Just enough to get by without looking too grand. Let me worry about the cleaning; I’ve got to make it look appealing at least. The folks back home will want something practical, and going by what we gathered for your home, I guess carving tools would be a good place to start.”

“Except you don’t know exactly what will make a good gift, right?”

*sigh* “…yeah. Now, about what you said about her... What's on your mind, Rosa?”

"There is nothing on my mind currently, yet I am stating a fact. She is likely to consider your skillset valuable, and thus, will hold work ready for you. To live, one have to work after all, and it is not without reason, that she have shown you, that she can pay well, for services provided. She's expecting you to remember her, if you are in need of bits, or something else. I am saying that if it comes to that, ask yourself where your limits goes, as she might eventually try and see how much she can ask of you, before you begin to push back. Physically, or morally, I do not know. Potentially both.

Now in regards to tools, from what you say, I'd suggest we then go to the local scrap yard. It is at the outskirts of an area to the left of Old Town, to be less of an eyesore to the general public. It's primarily a place for reusing old metal and such, but if one gets there before, they are often willing to part with things, for a set amount of bits. They are paid hourly by the government, with this being a viable, and legal, side income for them. It also works as a way to teach others about recycling, rather than just cause waste from throwing things out, that could be useful to others."

“Suppose there's nothing more to be done, we’ll follow your lead. Where we go is in your hooves.”

It would be a fairly simply trip. The scrap yard in Canterlot were not massive, compared to places like Deltrot, as most were sent out of town, but it were still a sizable area, with scrap in several sections. Some for bronze, others pure iron, steel, etc. There were then also assorted, for things that were mixed, and had to be disassembled, as well as those where non-metal parts, had to be taken off, before going to the piles, and be prepared to be reforged. They used a large, magical forge, in the midst of this sizable area, to reforge things into pure bars of the various metals, that would then be sent off, to other places, where there'd be a need for them. The magical forge, meant there were no smoke emanating from this place, clouding up things, so it were relatively hidden. The piles had to be at max a certain height, due to it not being allowed to tower up, and mar things too, so the larger piles, would general get targeted first, by the cranes, and workers, dealing with this, to make room for new things. Unless they had an order, about getting say, more bronze in. It were rare, but it happened.

All in all, things were very orderly here. As for size scale? The area were roughly ten times the size of Rosa's house. Not as big as in Deltrot, but this were the capitol. It generally weren't something they wanted to spend a lot of space on.

They'd be approached as they got near, by a pony in a hard hat, who'd halt them, and point towards a stack in various sizes.

"Security requires that you wear one of these, to enter the premises. It's rare, but things do fall down sometimes, and a head injury is a severe thing."

@GingerLightning

"A hiveless queen? You don't see a lot of those. Usually that only happens when a queen raises her hive one way, and then does a complete turn. Did your mom raise her hive to hate ponies? If so... Well, that's kinda one of those hives, that makes it hard for our kind, to live with ponies. They're the sort, where all the bad stereotypes comes from. If she hadn't, then it's an extremely rare case. I've only heard of one like that, and that were ages ago.

I guess there's gonna be plenty of time to ask though, yeah? Hive Cheshire is open for every changeling in need. Queen or drone, they're welcome. Long as she follow house rules.

That means no fighting on the premises, and no kidnappings. We got a good reputation here, and I intend to keep it that way."

There seemed to be a bit of nervousness around, from a few of her changelings, as she said this. Understandable enough really. Taking in a hiveless, or a wounded one from another hie, that needed time to recuperate, and sneak back home, were one thing. A full fledged queen though, from a violent hive no less? That were something else.

"Feels like there's some nervousness, and I get it. But when I left my mothers hive, I set out to have a hive of kindness, song, and laughter. We've reached out to everypony else that needed it, and if we stop here, we'd be hypocrites.

You can let your mother know, next time you see her, that we'll have a guest room prepared for her, and plenty of food to go around. There's a fair few rooms to pick from, that we can make ready, since we all use the same. As a queen, I figure she'll like the big one though. We can't help with her hive though, probably. We're known to mingle with ponies, so we'd be probably hated too, and I don't get along with that many. Small and unimportant hive to the council, and all that. But I know some hiveless here and there. A few friendly ears, that might try and speak on her behalf, and see what's what. Maybe in time, there'll be something that can be done. And if not, the hiveless can probably help her start a new one. Usually hives gets started by a changeling from the main hive, leaving with the queen to be, and start the first batch of eggs.

A hive without queen, is not something that'll last long. They'll disperse, or get taken over by a new one, looking to start her own. Probably anyway. Usually what happens, when a queen gets killed, and have no heir. Cause without a queen, there's no new eggs. So no new generations, to replace those who're gonna be lost. King Thorax is gonna be faced with this in a few years too, if he doesn't combine his hive, with that of a queen.

Anyway, that got a bit heavy, didn't it? What you say we go send a letter to your mom, and then go have a field trip, eh?"

Cheshire would do a pirouette, and seamlessly change into her pony form. A bit of performance and flair perhaps, but y'know... Look at who they were speaking with. She were a performer at heart, and sometimes just couldn't help herself.

"Wait, the big room? You mean yours?"

Bling would speak up, having thought of something, in the speech about rooms and such.

"Yup. I don't use it a lot, so it'll be fine. I should probably put the portrait of King Rasputin away before that though... Might be creepy for her, to look up, and see him staring down."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Light would take his order and casually sit down with the kitsunes.

" .... Ahmm.. this is the only sit that's available..." Which wasn't.

"... That I think Shark would be interested in.. ahmm" he blushingly said.

A bit embarrassed, Light would try to shrug it off and make some casual talk with the Kitsunes.

" It's nice what you're doing for your kind... Very admirable... Although I'm sure it's more on meeting discord on your part... But still..."

• Brohoof 1