Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Hard to tell how Rising's encounter with Twisted measured up to previous encounter without all that much to analyze.  The dark wizard had more information on Equestria than they did on Harrowmark.  Twisted was even able to target a school in a city the Sisters of Troy had barely just arrived in.  Tales for another time it would seem, as such things are it appears for this day in the capital.  The stone matron was on a mission.

Rising has never been magically scanned before, not a common practice in Equestria.  A picture, or just the keen eye of an artist taking their work to stone.  Something Dawn might have been able to cook up a spell for, but the need has never really come to be.  Rising had notice the dull haze of magic coming from the box the stone matron had approached.  Of course, upon opening the box and removing the artifacts caused the magic to blossom before the detective from Equestria.  A strong tapestry, as sturdy and jagged as the stone of this castle.  Picking apart the strands as the stallion trances along the spell matrix.  Working though how everything was to be to folded as soon as the spell awoken.  Such readings allowed for him to gain the best guess of what everything did and how it was suppose to work.  The biggest part was reading for intent of the spell, and nothing was at least made with the intent to harm.  Sadly, not everything about the spell looked the most comfortable to experience.

"Rising use to be quite ticklish when he was a foal.  Alas, he has long grown out of it," Grace walked down memory lane.  "Alas?" perked his eyebrow.  Dawn might not remember how much their parents loved to tickle the baby twins, but Rising sure does.  Sure, it was all a giggle, but one you didn't get to have control over it.

Now for the scan in question.  Rising did his best to let himself become a puppet to the strong mare while she maneuvered him.  It was difficult to hold some positions and the correct posture in some areas, but he put in good effort to relax his muscles to find some comfort in it.  Then for the magic.  The tapestry came to life and the detective was now at the mercy of the now, much brighter spell that captured every inch of him to transfer to the companion object.  His body tingled and he could feel tendrils caress over his muscles.  There was a sharp intact of air through his nostrils as he willed himself to hold still as the matron instructed.  "Keep that horn holstered," Dawn warned.  A wave of annoyed discomfort washed over her through the twin sense.  "He's doing just fine," the mare informed the room with a satisficed smirk.

The event was over quick enough.  When the magic ended, so did the detective's hold on the posture he'd been forced to hold.  The remained discomfort shivered down his spine and he cautiously worked his limbs about to shake it all off.  "That was an experience," Rising admitted.  Barely had he had time to focus before the group was being rushed out the door.  Well, they always said, never get in the way of an artist on a mission.  Something Equestria and Harrowmark could share.

"Ho ho ho.  My, eveypony here is so focused on their work," the father mused.  "Remind you of anypony?" the pegasus inquired.  Star stroke his mustache in thought.  They were soon interrupted by the appearance of a young diamond dog.  Rising took the box, "Thank you."  Opening it caused him to smirk, a kick indeed.  "Pish, posh.  No need to burden anypony that should be celebrating, to carry my brother's gifts around.  If you could perhaps provide us with a small, empty pouch?" Dawn requested.  A small lack of preparation on their part.  She had expected a gift or two that could more easily be transported, but it appears more than what was to be expected.  "I assure you, you'll get to witness something magnificent for your good gesture," Dawn smiled brightly at the Prince.  

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Blitz Boom

"Getting help planning the wedding is a brilliant idea!" Howl smiled and made a little happy chitter noise.

"When are you available to assist in planning? I'm thinking something small and private, you know, only close friends and family attending the wedding. I also would like to have the bachelor party the same day as the bachelorette party so we can chat about them later when we return home. The biggest reason why I want a private wedding, is I think it would be terribly romantic for me not to be disguised for the wedding. I mean, she already knows I'm a changeling, so there's no harm in it. " he just started chittering away as he started rambling about what he intends for  the wedding and what funds he had set aside. 

Ginger got a bit distracted watching Meiko rooting around the kitchen, but she had  a sudden thought which snapped her attention back to the conversation. "So...It's a weird question, but, are you planning on having foals? "

Howl stopped for a moment, the question catching him off guard. There was a moment of just silence before he took a deep breath.

"Well, we have talked about it, but it's a bit soon to really say for certain. Besides we don't know if we'd be able to have a foal. "He said awkwardly.

"mama and papa had me."Ginger pointed out.

"It could be different with a male changeling and a female pony. Genetics are complicated like that. And if we do try and it doesn't work out, we could adopt. " Howl explained and  chuckled a bit.

"besides you were an odd...grub? Foal? Grubfoal?"he struggled to describe baby Ginger.

"What does that mean?!" Ginger squeaked.

"Well, you needed assistance to hatch and you looked really strange too. You had weird pony limbs jutting out of your weird yellow grub body. Not to mention you cried a lot. Changelings aren't usually like that as grubs. "He looked to Cheshire.

"Anyway, you were offering to help with wedding planning? "

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-10-11 at 4:25 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I have tried to do many things on my own, since Master Discord went away, but it did not work. He brought me into a world of chaos. Everything he taught me, were around that. When he were taken, and the chaos went away, nothing made sense to me anymore. I tried to ask the princesses, but the ponies did not want me to get close to them. They also did not want to talk to me, so I could not learn anything. That is why I went home, and waited for my master to come back.

Things were very different, when Mother said I had to go back. There were just one princess, and no one knew who Luna were. They spoke to me, but most just scream, or ran away. Or told me to get lost. I did not learn many things, until I met Sen. Then Lin. Then many others. I have been taught many things since I met them. Lin taught me how to read and write a few words for example. That were nice. When Shrimp gets bigger, and smarter, she says we will learn to read together.

My friends have helped me more in the time I have known them, than what Master Discord did, long ago. Friends like this, are important. You need friends too? We can be friends, yes? This is how it works?"

“Oh? I didn’t expect things went rough for you for such a long time. Luna being forgotten, Discord turned to stone and disappearing for a long time… those happened over a thousand years ago. You were really around longer than that? That must have been really lonely for you, but your friends sound like the kind who’d understand what you’ve been through. Maybe they knew what it felt like to be alone without a place to belong. Might be one reason why they stuck with you, huh?”

“Don’t you worry about me being lonely though. I’ve got friends, but it never hurts to have more. So, yeah, if you like, we could be friends too! I guess spending time like this and getting to know each other is one way to start our friendship. You are a strange one, but that isn’t such a bad thing. Learning more about you doesn’t make you so scary.”

Peaks didn’t quite expect her morning to take an unexpected turn, but this was a very welcome surprise that got her to forget the slow morning, even for just a moment. There was a quite an invigorating jolt in her energy, and she quickly turned her attention to her bread, looking to get another batch in the oven soon. Though it was sudden, she was happy to chat her morning away and slowly grew to enjoy talking with Omen. The odd way she spoke didn’t seem to matter anymore. The baker would have another batch of dough ready to go in the oven, this time with a tray full of bread sprinkled with herbs on top, a fairly popular item on the menu that some restaurants buy from her.

"It sounds complicated. I understand why ponies have so many books about this now. It sounds easy to do badly.

Is this the sort of thing, all the big books with the pictures of food in them, talk about? How much you need of things, and how to put them together? Are you using books too? Or do you remember what you need to?"

“Before I forget, thank you for your compliment. I know it doesn’t look much, but honest work like this doesn’t really get recognized too often, so every little bit of praise others give me for my work fills me with joy. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get something quickly. Just keep at it, and you’ll start doing well in due time. That’s what it was like when I started baking. You learn more by doing, but it helps to have some other methods. Those books you’re asking about? They’re cookbooks, and every page is filled with recipes and instructions. I used to read through those to learn how to make different types of bread, but once I made them enough times, I could remember what I needed to do.”

“Then, there are times when I am just making things up as I go. See the carrot balls I am making? I only figured out how to make them yesterday, but I didn’t use a known recipe for those. I just wanted to make something for your little friend using what I had.”

That wasn’t the only budding friendship happening in the store, as Munchkin was greatly enjoying Hammond’s company. One could hear the soft and muffled purring from the cat, though that would stop for a bit when the cat began licking her new friend. It didn’t look like she wanted to get Shrimp jealous, but one could wonder what the scene would be if the refraction was also resting in the cat’s bed, joining the others in cuddling and lounging.

Regardless, your idea of preparing for the meeting, is a wise one. In case it would rely on you both being away for a time, I can ask Omen to relay a message to you, if I get an update of importance too. Though I'd advice before anyone goes anywhere, that they at least attempt to partake in breakfast. Omen appeared to have been busy, so I do not think she would mind that we begin before she returns, whenever that may be. Surely she wished for us to eat, since she left the bag with us, yes?"

He'd assume that were her intent at least. Besides, he were hungry, yet were holding back from actually eating yet, as he did not want to come off, as doing something in bad taste.

"I for one, have a simple plan today. I will either be sought out, or I will seek out the ones that employ me myself, that details can then be arranged, so I can start to get paid, as well as inquire, on what my duties specifically shall be. I should also send a letter to my brother. A day have passed, since the trial. He have had time to think of things, and hopefully come to some at least tentative conclusion to things. And when everything is said and done - which includes inquiring about the progress of the orb and the golems -, there is the matter of inquiring around on what Zhu mentioned. A draconequus in the Everfree Forest, that is not Discord, whom can help my father, for a price... I will need to have all other things done, but when it is, I am hoping to be able to confront that today. It depends much, on what will come."

“I suppose we should eat, but I kind of wanted to wait for Omen. Maybe one bite might not be so bad.” Lin took a piece of bread and dipped it into the thickened milk that came with the bread platter. It didn’t take long for the sweetness to hit her hard. Given enough time, she could fall off her seat, as the look on her face suggests ecstasy and bliss. “Ooh, you’ve got to try this! It’s so sweet and good!”

“Ponies must have a thing for taste because this combination looks so simple. Let’s see…” Just like Lin, one bite from the bread dipped in the sweet milk, and Sen was already feeling it. A kind of joy washed over his face, filling him with delight. “This is amazing! And to think it comes from just milk and bread.”

The siblings would take their time with breakfast, taking in a bite of their bread and following it up with a piece of fruit from Sen’s reserves. He’d have the box with whatever was left on the table for everyone to eat, though it was clear there wouldn’t be anything left of its contents by the end of the meal. 

“Whatever happens today, we’ll be around in case you need us. Maybe not all of us since Lin has plans to go back home for a bit. I guess I may also have some things to do, but I’m in no rush to get them done. It’s just going around the village and seeing what’s been happening while we’ve been away. And I haven’t forgotten what you told me back then, about talking to an old friend and hopefully patching things up. Maybe I understand sister being angry and not letting things go, because I also haven’t let something go. You know, I just realized Lin and I have spent more years away from home than being among the longma.”

“Guess that explains how we’ve been seeing things differently. We don’t make very good longma at this point, I don’t think that’s bothersome. It’s a little refreshing, to be honest.” 

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-10-11 at 5:36 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Rising use to be quite ticklish when he was a foal.  Alas, he has long grown out of it," Grace walked down memory lane.  "Alas?" perked his eyebrow.  Dawn might not remember how much their parents loved to tickle the baby twins, but Rising sure does.  Sure, it was all a giggle, but one you didn't get to have control over it.

"Long as he keeps himself in control, there will be no fuss. If he does not, I am going to get a rope."

She weren't kidding, despite her jovial tone, and smile. Might be he were the great and noble hero, but she were there to make sure, that future generations, could learn of him too. If she had to hogtie him to do so, she could, and she would.

On 2022-10-11 at 5:36 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Ho ho ho.  My, eveypony here is so focused on their work," the father mused.  "Remind you of anypony?" the pegasus inquired.  Star stroke his mustache in thought.  They were soon interrupted by the appearance of a young diamond dog.  Rising took the box, "Thank you."  Opening it caused him to smirk, a kick indeed.  "Pish, posh.  No need to burden anypony that should be celebrating, to carry my brother's gifts around.  If you could perhaps provide us with a small, empty pouch?" Dawn requested.  A small lack of preparation on their part.  She had expected a gift or two that could more easily be transported, but it appears more than what was to be expected.  "I assure you, you'll get to witness something magnificent for your good gesture," Dawn smiled brightly at the Prince.  

"A pouch? Yes, I do believe I can arrange for that. Though before I do so, I would like to apologize on behalf of the stone matron. Mrs. Flint are a mare of strong will, and she have set it upon herself, to have your fell size statue ready, before you have to depart. You'll find her more approachable, when she is not in a self imposed hurry.

Now then, as for the pouch."

Prince Necrotic would gently take a hoof to the inside of his jacket, and pull out a small pouch, which seemed to have something dangling at the bottom. The fabric were likely the softest they'd be able to find here in Harrowmark, with an overall faux-fur, dark fuzz, like a shorthaired cat, or dog. It had a nice, onyx sheen going over it too, and the mark of the royal house embroidered into the side, with golden thread. A pure-white, silvery string, were used to close it up at the top, and as he emptied it... Well, to some, the charm might have gone off then, as what would fall out, would be bones. Specifically, a spinal joint, a small bird's skull, and an old dice, carved out of bone. There were also a small medallion, no larger than a mere coin. Faded gold, and scratched, it did not seem new, nor extravagant, as even the thin chain it were on, seemed little more, than plain iron. Yet of the things he had taken out, and would put in his pockets, this were the one that seemed to be handled the gentlest, though he appeared to take great care, about all of them.

None of the things he pulled out, were seemingly magically charged. They had some feint traces, but nothing new, or fresh.

He'd then present the pouch to Dawn.

"A gift from me, to you. May it serve you well, as it have me."

He'd correct his clothes a little, after it were handed over, and would let out a small, nearly unnoticeable sigh, as he did so. Then after doing so, would take out the medallion, and fling it open, to have a look inside. If any of them looked, they'd see the faded picture, of a foal, who looked somewhat like him, yet more stoic, and bratty. An impish grin on his little face, as he stood there, in his royal clothes.

"Brother, grant me strength..."

He'd mumble to himself, before closing it, and sticking it back in his pocket. A sad, yet determined look, briefly passing his face, before he'd correct himself again.

"Ahem. You spoke of magnificence, yes? Next to your radiant presence, I'm rather certain it will pale in comparison, yet I am certainly intrigued, about what you may have in mind. Please continue, Miss Dawn."

===============================================================================

@GingerLightning

Cheshire were buzzing with excitement, as Howl seemed to be taking in her offer of help positively. And she were quite literally buzzing, as her wings fluttered in delight a little. A bit of a tick of hers, that sometimes flourished when her mood were high. She didn't mind. It were a fun little thing, that rarely caused any sort of issue. Beyond some not taking her that serious, that were, but eh. She didn't much care about those, who'd so broadly judge her for things like that anyway. Those tended to become the sort she liked to mess with. Nothing vile. Just a bit of fun.

On 2022-10-12 at 11:09 AM, GingerLightning said:

"Well, you needed assistance to hatch and you looked really strange too. You had weird pony limbs jutting out of your weird yellow grub body. Not to mention you cried a lot. Changelings aren't usually like that as grubs. "He looked to Cheshire.

"Anyway, you were offering to help with wedding planning? "

"Of course I will. But first thing's first: The whole thing about foals, and changelings.

So, changelings are technically, not male, or female at hatching. Only the queens and kings are. Drones are able to pick. Some goes and stays neutral, but most grows up, thinking they're a gender, and conforms to it. Unless it's time to fertilize eggs, in which case, even the ones who consider themselves female, have to sometimes be called in to help. It's rare though. Good queens accept the choice of their young.

Reason I say this, is that it plays into the next part: Breeding.

Cross breeding can be an odd thing for most, but changelings have a reasonable chance of success, since we're highly adaptable creatures, all the way down to our cells. It's how we're able to change forms, for example. So just like we can adapt to a gender, so can our cells adapt to other breeds. It's not a guarantee it'll work though. It's kinda like with... No, not zebras and bat ponies. They're pretty close... Like dragons and ponies, yeah. I think that works the best.

Different species, but sometimes, chemistry happens, and if you're persistent and lucky, maybe offspring. Much like with them though, there's not a lot of mixtures that's even known about. But that also have a lot to do with how rarely they couple up. Changelings are often taught to keep the breeding, for when the queen calls for it, and otherwise doesn't have much of a drive. Or at least suppresses it. Plus, ponies are kinda food, by most hives, to varying degrees. So much like with ponies and dragons, there's the whole feud, that just clashes with things, more often than not.

But yeah, you could totally end up having a nymph. Or a grub, as you called it. Though if the mare's the birther... I doubt egg, so potential elongated pregnancy, or the need of a C section. Or she'll lay an egg. It's hard to say really. I hope it ain't an egg though. It's gonna be a painful ride, if that's the thing.

Anyway, birds and the magical bees aside, the wedding sounds lovely. A small, intimate thing.

The biggest thing, and money saver, would really be if you could find some cheap premise to hold it in. Ideally, somewhere with a bit of charm. Why, maybe you could even get to borrow it for free, long as you asked very nicely, and made sure to clean up afterwards. Hmm?"

She'd pull her tongue playfully at Howl, as she said her last few things. If he didn't get what she were hinting at, she were gonna send his fiancée a condolence letter.

==================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-10-12 at 11:57 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh? I didn’t expect things went rough for you for such a long time. Luna being forgotten, Discord turned to stone and disappearing for a long time… those happened over a thousand years ago. You were really around longer than that? That must have been really lonely for you, but your friends sound like the kind who’d understand what you’ve been through. Maybe they knew what it felt like to be alone without a place to belong. Might be one reason why they stuck with you, huh?”

“Don’t you worry about me being lonely though. I’ve got friends, but it never hurts to have more. So, yeah, if you like, we could be friends too! I guess spending time like this and getting to know each other is one way to start our friendship. You are a strange one, but that isn’t such a bad thing. Learning more about you doesn’t make you so scary.”

"When Master Discord made me whole, he were the ruler. Things were very different back then. Luna and Celestia were smaller too."

Discord had only ruled once over Equestria, in his history. That being nearly four thousand years ago, before the princesses turned him to stone, and the kingdom of Equestria were first established. They had a good number of millennia ruling, before Luna's downfall, around a thousand years before now.

Omen did not feel the passage of time, nor really noticed nearly four thousand years go by, before Mother had enough of her just rarely trying to wander back out, to see if her master were still there, and sent her back to Equestria, about twenty years ago. Since she did not get bored, nor grasped time entirely all that well - especially not back then - it didn't feel to her, like she were gone for that long. Despite the evidence to the contrary.

Then again, she also just had times, where she were not moving, for inhumane lengths of time. Like the time about six hundred years ago, that she had stood at a grave for six years, waiting to see if the pony that had been *planted* there, were going to sprout. She were so overgrown with moss at the end, that when she finally did move, it scared the heebie-jeebies out of some random graveyard goer. There were still legends of the fabled, living statue ghost there even, despite how long ago it were.

And the only reason she moved, were because the one who went to the grave next to her, had said *I wish you could tell me what you felt*, and she thought the mare were talking to her.

As for the here and now though, she'd get closer to Peaks, and have some sniffs of the mare, as if she were some sort of dog.

"Now I can always find you. Like all my friends."

Someone should really tell her some day, how that might sound like, to some...

“Before I forget, thank you for your compliment. I know it doesn’t look much, but honest work like this doesn’t really get recognized too often, so every little bit of praise others give me for my work fills me with joy. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get something quickly. Just keep at it, and you’ll start doing well in due time. That’s what it was like when I started baking. You learn more by doing, but it helps to have some other methods. Those books you’re asking about? They’re cookbooks, and every page is filled with recipes and instructions. I used to read through those to learn how to make different types of bread, but once I made them enough times, I could remember what I needed to do.”

“Then, there are times when I am just making things up as I go. See the carrot balls I am making? I only figured out how to make them yesterday, but I didn’t use a known recipe for those. I just wanted to make something for your little friend using what I had.”

That wasn’t the only budding friendship happening in the store, as Munchkin was greatly enjoying Hammond’s company. One could hear the soft and muffled purring from the cat, though that would stop for a bit when the cat began licking her new friend. It didn’t look like she wanted to get Shrimp jealous, but one could wonder what the scene would be if the refraction was also resting in the cat’s bed, joining the others in cuddling and lounging.

Hammond were confused by the licking, but assumed this were a normal thing, for cats. He'd try once, then stop, and spit out a bunch of cat hairs. Maybe cats were better at this, than what his kind, were supposed to be?

He'd ponder this, whilst Shrimp would look at them, leaning out from his point on high, and grumbling down towards the two. Cat were stealing his friend... No like. Was bad. Share maybe, but not take. Especially not when it was a cat. Cats were dangerous. Very dangerous.

...Right?

He'd have his own to ponder, yet he did not go away from having a high point, far from them, to observe things. He would not be fooled by this so easily. Something had to be wrong here.

"You learn, you train, then you get good enough, that you know what you need to, and can try new things? I understand. It makes sense. I will do the same maybe, when I find something I want to do someday.

What you do, with the the carrot balls, sounds like scavenging. Is cooking like that sometimes? I do not need to eat, so there is much I do not understand, about food. Master Discord wanted me to taste the world, he said. So I can eat many things. I do not need to. I have tried, waiting for a long time, see if I get hungry. To try and understand what hunger is. Nothing changed.

Emotions are hard to understand."

===========================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-10-10 at 11:56 PM, Kujamih said:

" ....hehehe Don't make an enemy of me today Alonsus for we just started this friendship. :yeahno: you should worry about me though..."

Alonsus damn near laughed in his face, as he saw this little one threaten him, but he'd be nice. He'd give him a nice, big, jovial grin, and put a hoof on his shoulder, while Shark slowly fluttered off from his larger form.

"You have found a fine mare my friend, but fear not, Alonsus is an honorable stallion. Never would I make a move on another's mate. 'Tis not an honorable action after all."

That, and quite frankly, he were not worried about Light. He could more or less crumble up the little one, and use him as a protein drink. Quite frankly, his marefriend were a far larger issue, than Light were. Which also made it that much more hilarious, that he were trying to be protective, and somewhat controlling. At least in his eyes, Light would not be the one in control, if it came down to it.

On 2022-10-10 at 11:56 PM, Kujamih said:

" Shark sorry for being possessive but I'm not comfortable when you're too close with other stallion's.... Or any in particular opposite sex from you."

Light calmly and lovingly said while still embracing her ever so tightly in his hooves. 

Shark though... Did not understand this at all. So as always, when in doubt: Tackle!

She'd tackle Light. Though lightly, and just so that she would end up at his side, where she'd then boop his face with her snout.

"Silly mate, say silly things. Many friends. One mate."

"You should and have some faith in her. She is obviously curious about others, but she gazes upon none, the way she does you. Do not throw that away, by clutching too tightly."

Alonsus had gotten a far more serious look on his face, as he said this. Still kind and smiling, but the look he gave Light, were more firm, and trying tell him that he were being serious here. If he ended up possessive, and trying to control Shark, she would end up fluttering out of his life, as clearly she were not going to listen to notions, that she should stay away from others, simply because they were male.

"Of course, you can discuss boundaries, and find a good point for you both. Love and respect, goes hoof in hoof, hmm?"

=========================================================================

@AuroraGlimmer @flutterJackdash

On 2022-10-10 at 11:37 PM, AuroraGlimmer said:

Skittles would nod at the dragon's comments "I..don't often go to the Dragonlands either, Some ofthe dragons there are okay, but the majority just see me...as a bit of a snack" she would say ands huffle her hooves a little at that "but uh..yeah, only places that I know of that I can get a Phoenix chick for Honey Dew here is there, the ones in the Forest aren't very..tamable" she would say and then look over to where the bunny is "Oh hello" she would say to the bunny, nodding and then looking to the Dragon, "Alright, lets go rescue this pony, and then we can go to the Dragonlands..the sooner we get there and back, the better"

"They're just trying to scare you, for their own amusement. Laws change between dragon lords, but we keep one of the most important: Do not eat ponies. If it's found out you do that, you'll have an elder dragon on your neck.

You know there have been long animosity between our races, yes? Well sometimes, that have led to war, causing countless deaths on both sides. That is why there were established a tenuous truce between us, to stop the senseless killings, a millennia and a half ago, I believe it were. Maybe two and a half. The specifics are hazy.

Regardless, the core rule between us is simple: Dragons do not eat ponies, and ponies to not kill dragons. Some still do, but they're dealt with by either side. Harshly, as it's better, than to risk all out war. Though sometimes, the dragon killers are left alone, if there are surviving family, on the dragons side. If they want their claim for vengeance, it's fine, long as they don't go overboard.

So any threats about eating you, have been mostly intimidation. Some might be curious how you'd taste, but it wouldn't happen. You're more likely to be tossed into the ocean, and harassed a bit by the water aligned dragons, to scare you off returning. Or getting pelted by pebbles."

Nerzhei would explain this, with the tone of someone who have had to do so, several times already, and were getting tired of having to do so more. Just because a lot of dragons were large, and some of them liked meat, did not mean, that they saw everyone smaller than them, as food... Yet some ponies, just kept thinking that if they did not watch out, they'd be used as a quick snack for the road. Barbaric and impractical.

As for Lotus, she'd look up at Skittles as she were addressed, then chittered a little something to herself, before bouncing off, towards the sound. Others wouldn't be able to get it, but since she could understand the bunny, she'd be able to get the message of *I could take her*. Didn't sound angry, just a factual tone, like she were used to sizing up others, and think on whatever or not, she should try and beat them up, and if she could.

On 2022-10-10 at 10:47 PM, Delilah Dusk said:

The mare's ear twitched as her muzzle shifted to look toward the speaker, even though her eyes remained closed. The puff of her mane and tail settled in the air of the wood, the sun revealing a sheen to her coat, as though it had been recently cleaned and brushed, and her breathing looked a little uneven.

"Oh, hello," she said softly, "Well, I do have quite a headache... but everything else feels to be order, at least. I'm not sure where I am, nor how I came to be here though."

With that, the mare rubbed at a temple with her left hoof, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but I feel as though if I open my eyes I'll just be inviting even more pain into my head... and my vision was pretty blurry anyway, the last I checked."

After a moment more thought she attempted to push herself up from her position lying on all fours, and found she hadn't all the strength needed to accomplish it easily. As such she wobbled a bit as she rose up, shaking like a leaf where she stood with her eyes still closed and her nose now twitching with new scents.

On 2022-10-10 at 11:37 PM, AuroraGlimmer said:

As the trio arrive at where the pony was, she would blink "O-oh dear, you look a frightful mess dear" she would say, "Let me think of how we can get you out" she'd say "I can call on the critters to help, Our acquantance here could I suppose, but with her injury" she looks to the dragon "I'm not sure she is able to"

Nerzhei rolled her eyes.

"Oh please, it's one pony. I've caught boars larger than her.

Just go limb, pony. It'll be easier to just lift you to the hospital. Might as well have you checked up on, and see if they have my own test results ready yet."

So the dragon would go over, and with her good arm, would just simply lift the pony, and take her over the shoulder. Seriously, why did they think that a single bad arm, meant she were useless? She were still a dragon. She were build robust, even at her size and age.

"P-Please ah, tell us if you're feeling uncomfortble about this, or in general, miss. We're just trying to help.

My ah, name is Honey Dew, by the way. The mare is Skittles, and the ah, dragoness, whom are carrying you currently, are called Nerzhei. I have not been formally introduced to her ah, companion, but I believe she were called Lotus."

The bunny would nod, then jump and climb Nerzhei, to get up on her other shoulder. Gave her a better outlook over things.

If there were no objections, they'd be on their way. Though Nerzhei would first have them wander over to her cave again, where she'd put a hand on the large rock, next to her cave's entrance. The palm would glow with a light brown color, and with a rumble, the rock would begin to move, and follow her hand, as she moved it slowly to the right. A motion she'd continue, until the rock had firmly closed off her home, so not even small critters could enter.

"I have important research. I don't want some random looter to get ideas."

"Quite ah, understandable miss. Shall we go on?"

"Yeah. The faster this one gets delivered to the hospital, the faster we can move on.

What're your name anyway? Or did that slip your mind? You sounded like you were disoriented, and lost. Some sorta head injury maybe?"

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Nerzhei rolled her eyes.

"Oh please, it's one pony. I've caught boars larger than her.

Just go limb, pony. It'll be easier to just lift you to the hospital. Might as well have you checked up on, and see if they have my own test results ready yet."

So the dragon would go over, and with her good arm, would just simply lift the pony, and take her over the shoulder. Seriously, why did they think that a single bad arm, meant she were useless? She were still a dragon. She were build robust, even at her size and age.

"P-Please ah, tell us if you're feeling uncomfortble about this, or in general, miss. We're just trying to help.

My ah, name is Honey Dew, by the way. The mare is Skittles, and the ah, dragoness, whom are carrying you currently, are called Nerzhei. I have not been formally introduced to her ah, companion, but I believe she were called Lotus."

The bunny would nod, then jump and climb Nerzhei, to get up on her other shoulder. Gave her a better outlook over things.

If there were no objections, they'd be on their way. Though Nerzhei would first have them wander over to her cave again, where she'd put a hand on the large rock, next to her cave's entrance. The palm would glow with a light brown color, and with a rumble, the rock would begin to move, and follow her hand, as she moved it slowly to the right. A motion she'd continue, until the rock had firmly closed off her home, so not even small critters could enter.

"I have important research. I don't want some random looter to get ideas."

"Quite ah, understandable miss. Shall we go on?"

"Yeah. The faster this one gets delivered to the hospital, the faster we can move on.

What're your name anyway? Or did that slip your mind? You sounded like you were disoriented, and lost. Some sorta head injury maybe?"

On 2022-10-10 at 5:37 PM, AuroraGlimmer said:

As the trio arrive at where the pony was, she would blink "O-oh dear, you look a frightful mess dear" she would say, "Let me think of how we can get you out" she'd say "I can call on the critters to help, Our acquantance here could I suppose, but with her injury" she looks to the dragon "I'm not sure she is able to"

@Blitz Boom@AuroraGlimmer

"Oh," Delilah said with a soft as she was lifted and unceremoniously deposited on the dragoness' shoulder, "Um... I'm grateful. So, thank you."

"No, I haven't forgotten my name, it's Delilah Dusk Aura-Atenza... and the last thing I remember was walking through the rooms with my second wife and our foals to join our husband and other wives at dinner. I took a step, my vision went strange, and then I felt the wind against my coat and a headache set in. Now I'm not sure about opening my eyes, I feel like inviting the extra light will be unpleasant for me."

"I don't recall taking any lumps to the head, nor anywhere else since my abduction," Delilah said, "Odd to have a creature just lift me up that way, is it not common to ask for consent before doing such a thing? Even to the injured, especially to those who cannot see? Again, it's not that I'm not grateful... I'm just not sure what's going on right now, oh well I do understand that you're bringing me to a hospital, and I hope they can help with the terrible headache."

"Oh, I did hear a number of different voices though," Delilah said, "I'm sorry, perhaps I'm the one being rude? Honey Dew, was that the one who introduced all of you? So, Thank you for that Honey Dew. And to Miss Skittles, thank you for your offer as well... I'm not actually stuck though, just felt a bit wobbly when I tried to walk and had an unexpected lie down is all. And, finally, Nerzhei... I'm sorry to inconvenience you so."

"So, yes, I am lost," Delilah finally admitted, "Disoriented is fair to say too, actually. Um... do I really look that bad?"

"True yes.... But I've experienced life more than you can think off ... And I do trust shark .... The ones around her isn't so much... I've already lost to many loved ones from being too careless... "

Light replied to Him after he was tackled by Shark.

" Shark in her pony state is like a filly... I just want to be there and guide her as much as I can..." 

@Blitz Boom @flutterJackdash

"O-oh okay" She would say to the Dragon and would then nod and wave a little as Honey Dew would introduce the small group to the mare "Hello, don't worry, we'll get you out of there and to a hospital in no time" she reassures the mare, then looks to the mare, tilting her head "Other wives?"

@Blitz Boom & @Props ValRoa

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight noticed Last was at war with herself, torn between wanting to serve her and to run off after her apparent mother. She didn't know if any of Last's mother remained but it seemed like enough of the essence was there. However, before she had a chance to speak to her guard, her reverie was broken by Magnolia's question and she nodded.

"I don't get why you and this Alluria were stricken from the family records. Even ponies who are meant to be dead still have a place in their family trees. It's so future generations can remember them and hopefully learn from whatever mistakes they may have done. So for you and Alluria to not be on my family tree is ... very strange to say the least," Twilight told her sister, gesturing between the papers and Magnolia herself. "I still have to wrap my head around you being my older sister."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"Yeah, okay. The bakery. That's a good place to start," Dazzle nodded somewhat distractedly and then turned to wave a hoof at Benny and Kaltrops. "Sweets and breads and flour and dough, all sound really good right now. It can keep my mind off of things. I don't have any allergies by the way. I tried poison oak and that strange blue flower in the Everfree once," she added and shuddered. "I'm never pretending to be a twittermite again."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I've been on travels so thinking of a pony shouldn't be too hard," Aurora nodded slightly in thought. "Okay ... be confident ... just ... don't mess up," she spoke out loud, clearly new at transforming into a pony rather than a griffin. She hoped the others wouldn't think less of her because of this. If everything went right, then she'd have no need to worry. She summoned green fire and forced herself to transform once she got a pony idea in her head. It was a simple design. Orange fur, orange wings with the feathers tapering into red near the tips, a glossy red mane, and a cutie mark on her flank depicting a cloud stuck in a tornado. She breathed and wouldn't dare open her eyes when she felt her transformation fires die out. "How is it? Did I do good?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"You made spider robits!? That's so cool!" Atzy exclaimed in excitement and bent her front left legs to better look at the fully metal robotic spider. She was excited at the prospect of learning about machinery and what robots could do but it might not have meant to be if something interrupted them. "Ooo she looks super sharp, this one," she breathed and the excited gemling carefully reached out a hoof to touch Felicia.

Meanwhile, Karmic was watching Enzo with a worried looked. She watched him approach after the dragon went away and gave a small wave.

"You doing okay, big guy?" Karmic asked him curiously with a hint of worry.

@Blitz Boom @Sekel

Magnolia would look as Hawk Eye ran off in a confused fashion. She didn't at all understand what was going on here to say the least, and looked to Last. She smirked somewhat. "Looks like I'm not the only one with family issues. Maybe you should drop the rank for a bit and have a heart to heart. I am sure Twilight won't mind you doing so and you look like you need it." Magnolia said to Last in a rather earnest tone. "Let's go find Alluria, Zeehva can go find Hawk Eye and bring her back." Magnolia decided and then looked to Twilight. 

"I know it is, but that's because our parents hid my records from you. Our parents didn't do anything good. They must answer for that eventually." Magnolia's eyes narrowed slightly as she looked to Twilight. "But that's for the future to take care of, we should go find Alluria." Magnolia said and then looked to Drone and shrugged, not really knowing what to really say to her.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-10-14 at 6:58 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Now I can always find you. Like all my friends."

Someone should really tell her some day, how that might sound like, to some...

“Well… that’s one way to uh… get acquainted. Very creepy of you to do that. Just a tip, but not many ponies will see it the way you do if you’re getting all up in their personal space.”

Peaks didn’t seem to mind the sniffing, and having already been around Omen long enough to expect oddities was a given. This one was one of those things that reminded her that she may not get too used to the Ki’Nathar’s mannerisms. Though going by how the longma siblings and Rosa were behaving around her, it may just take longer to get acclimated to the strangeness. Then again, if Omen only needs a scent sample once, then maybe this wouldn’t happen again, though the wording could use a bit of tweaking so she wouldn’t sound so unexpectedly threatening. 

Good thing the conversation went back to baking and cooking. It’ll be weird if things had gone awkwardly silent, leaving the baker with an unexpected window of time wonder how she’d be sleeping in the evening with the possibility of Omen popping up to say hello. Given her looks, the Ki’Nathar may not be inclined toward physical violence, but she’s got the look that could spook anyone if given a bit of time to stick around in the shadows.

On 2022-10-14 at 6:58 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"You learn, you train, then you get good enough, that you know what you need to, and can try new things? I understand. It makes sense. I will do the same maybe, when I find something I want to do someday.

What you do, with the the carrot balls, sounds like scavenging. Is cooking like that sometimes? I do not need to eat, so there is much I do not understand, about food. Master Discord wanted me to taste the world, he said. So I can eat many things. I do not need to. I have tried, waiting for a long time, see if I get hungry. To try and understand what hunger is. Nothing changed.

Emotions are hard to understand."

“I wouldn’t say it’s scavenging since that word describes the act of looking for and collecting unwanted things. It’s more like not being wasteful with the extra dough that doesn’t get used. I normally recycle the dough into other types of bread by rolling and kneading the excess and seeing how much bread I could make out of it. Small bits are usually fine for eating, but I don’t sell them; since I don’t usually have the kinds of lunch breaks other ponies have when they work, I just bake the excess and eat them. Same goes for cooking other types of food. It’s usually not a good idea to waste food, so if something new could be made from the old, then it may be worth cooking leftovers. Just gotta make sure it still tastes good…”

“Oh, and you might not want to miss out on the bread you bought earlier. It’s not quite experiencing hunger, but you might experience different tastes. Okay, maybe it’s just sweet condensed milk, but it’s something, right? Your friends could be eating it all right now. Actually, could I ask you something? You said emotions are hard to understand, and you wanted to try to understand what being hungry was like. Do you not feel emotions, or do you experience them differently from others?”

The baker’s question was an odd one, but this was the first time she encountered a creature that was different on such a scale that was rather unimaginable. No way she could see herself being unable to experience emotions, and if this was the case, would that also extend to taste and other sensations? This was a rather tricky topic to broach, but since she already found herself in this conversation, she’d at least try to keep up with how Omen explained thing son her end. The topic itself was already surreal enough, but something about it was more unnerving and sad to the baker the more she tried to think about it. One could imagine her missing out on some great things.

As for Munchkin, she seemed to have enjoyed lounging with Hammond, though she noticed the grumbling coming from the little creature sitting atop the strange guest. This was rather new, and the cat was curious enough to come over to Omen and see what was going on. For now, she would walk up to the Ki’Nathar and quietly stare at the refraction just to see what else it would do when she is much closer. If it’ll try anything, she might move even closer, possibly climb aboard Omen, to see how he would react.

@Blitz Boom
Since Charir had been already made aware of Leviathan's abilities some time ago, he didn't spend time confused nor did he poke the cloud dragons out of curiosity this time, and instead, after slight hesitation, he fully embraced his childish nature and started jumping and spinning with the 'dragons', it was still visible that he kinda felt weird doing it, and he now and then turned to look at the two older dragonesses to see if either of them disapproved of it, but he was also clearly enjoying it. For Ruby's reaction, she seemingly ignored it, which most likely meant that she approved it.

Charir seemed almost disappointed when they arrived to their destination and his cloudy playmates faded away. 

"Why do you feel the need to justify your actions to me?" Ruby asked with surprisingly genuine tone "Yes, I wouldn't do that if I had such magic, but if such actions would be detrimental for your survival, you wouldn't be here doing it now" "And for Charir, since you may ask about him next, like with magic in general, he is free to make his own choices, why would I deny him joy just because I never got to experience it? I know how much I hate my mother, so why would I want to give him that hate towards myself? 

--------------------------------------------

They didn't say anything, instead Trox's metal arm started to glow with magic and he pointed it towards the sky, a faint glow was also visible in the air, like Trox had grabbed something with his magic, but there didn't seem to be anything visible inside said glow "Now." he suddenly said and Sheska started blasting the point with magic, her magic clearly hit something, but it wasn't until the fourth blast that something came to view, something metallic, shaped like a crescent moon with round part inside the crescent, it had what looked like light blue glass in front of it and on the sides of the round part.

At this point Trox closed the fist of his metal arm, causing the thing to get crushed slightly and send out sparks and blue magic around it, he then pulled it into his hand. "Drone." Chega tilted her head and Trox continued "A piece of remote controlled technology used for various things, mainly spying." Sheska took the now broken drone and looked at it "There's only one creature with these exact drones." neither of them said the name, but with them both seeming slightly angrier again, it was not hard to guess who they meant "And she knows our exact location now." she tossed the drone back to Trox "I for one can't wait to give her the long awaited greeting from my fist." neither of them seemed to be overly scared of of Sheez, just hateful towards her, though it made sense if what Solar had said was true about Sheez never purposely harming a kobold. "So um...should we be worried?" Chega asked, Sheska shook her head, "If she comes for us, you should be fine as long as you stay out of it, she won't harm us, even she isn't that rotten."   

On 2022-10-14 at 3:53 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

"O-oh okay" She would say to the Dragon and would then nod and wave a little as Honey Dew would introduce the small group to the mare "Hello, don't worry, we'll get you out of there and to a hospital in no time" she reassures the mare, then looks to the mare, tilting her head "Other wives?"

@AuroraGlimmer

"Yes," Delilah answers with a nod, "I'm the head of my herd, which has four mares and our stallion."

@Sekel @Props ValRoa

On 2022-10-14 at 6:13 PM, Magnolia said:

"Looks like I'm not the only one with family issues. Maybe you should drop the rank for a bit and have a heart to heart. I am sure Twilight won't mind you doing so and you look like you need it."

"No. Duty above all. Mother... She will have to wait."

Last were torn, but she were raised to be a mare of conviction and duty. There were to be nothing above duty, including family. A rule ensured to be there, in case they had traitors in their ranks, and their own blood had to cut them down, if they were unable to be saved. Her own mother had made sure that both her sister, and herself, were made clear on this point, and thus, Last would stay, despite her conflicting feelings. Her mother would not approve of it, if she did not, when she learned that Last now served this princess.

"Krrtrrxht. Their will are diamond. You won't change her mind that easily."

Drone settled her bladed arms again fully. Danger seemed to have passed, and she did not want to appear as a further danger, than she already were.

"Okay, enough theater for the crazy here. Come on. Let's go and get this whole thing cleared up."

Stitch would lead the group on, to the big tower, in the midst of town. The estate connected to it, would have it's large door opened easily, with the guards there, not moving a bone, as Stitch lead them on. Though their wispy eyes, did follow the group, with some degree of curiosity.

Inside, they'd move through the lobby, leading to the old looking main hall. From the carpets to the paintings, and furniture too, everything seemed to be done in a modest, yet old style. Tradition more than likely. No one were present here, though at the far end, in the shadows, they would be able to see the last hoof of someone young, or small, that wandered through a door, before said door were closed. They however, would all be lead towards the staircase, which led them up, and onwards, towards the library on the next floor.

Opening the door, they'd see the sheer magnitude, of just the beginning of said library. Shelf after shelf, stacking far and high, filled to the brims, with books, tomes, scrolls, and so on. All categorized, with a few shelves and boxes, floating through the air, or stacked on top of others, at the walls. Several reading materials though, were floating through the air, directed by various spirits and ponies, with only the latter being visible by the majority of the group. Though Cherish would look a bit sheepish, as several of the unseen spirits, would greet her. She weren't used to being around this many other ghosts.

One ghost they would be able to see though, were one that manifested nearby and floated towards the group.

She were doing well for her age, at the time of death, though there were more visible wrinkles in her face. Her long, well kept, purple mane and tail, with silver strands of hair in them, were notable. As she wore no clothes, and her tail were streamlined with ribbons, to keep it in check, and orderly, one could see clearly the cutie mark, resembling a heart, surrounded by a few stars.

The inquisitive, silvery eyes of the unicorn landed upon all of those who had come, yet it would linger on few others, than Twilight herself, and Magnolia. The former of whom, she'd address first.

"Were it not for the wings, I would question if it were truly you, but I see you have finally come, blood of my blood. I am Alluria Sparkle, yet you would know that well by now, yes? I have sent you dozens of correspondence after all, through the years, without answer, but I would assume you had at least read some of them? Or did you disregard them, as your mother did before, and several more before that?"

In truth, none of the lettes before had reached her, as they had been sorted away, before getting to her. Letters sent by apparent dead, or fake family members, seemed a cruel prank or trick,, that many did not want her to be affected by.

============================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Let's try and avoid that, yes. Those plants are nasty things. I hit one once, and it caused me to shout, and creak, every time I moved, or tried to talk. It was very uncomfortable."

Thankfully Zecora had been able to handle that quickly, but it had still been a harrowing few hours, that she still had ill dreams about, at times.

Waving goodbye to the others too, Stare would lead them out, and towards the bakery. As per usual, there were a fair line though, but hopefully they'd get through in the next five to six minutes. Would give them some time to decide on what to get. They couldn't see everything from here, outside the door, behind the line, but there were still some things visible. Some typical baked goods, and a sign in the window, advertising their new, limited edition Baked Alaska. Another new experiment of theirs it seemed, which made Stare open her mouth a little, and almost feel as if she were to start drooling.

"I haven't had those for years. Not since... A-Anyway, I think I know what I'm having. Is there anything you have in mind yet? There's still some time until we're through the line, so there's time to take in things, and think about what looks best to you."

=========================================================================

@Sekel

She would not get a reply from Onache at first, as she'd move around, and examine Aurora's disguise a little in detail. Happy though, gave her a big grin, and clapped at her.

"Good showing for a first time. Well done Aurora."

He believed it best to be encouraging here, whereas Onache - once she started to speak - believed in honesty, and being blunt.

"Your tail and mane need work. Some hair strands are blending in unnaturally, and I spot a half-blurred section near your left back hoof. You would fool the general citizenry, but not a trained guard, who knew what to look for.

Still, for a first time, for one not used to dealing with hair, it is a passable disguise. I'd find it acceptable for a scout in training."

Since scouts were the ones meant to be the best at blending in, and evaluate where it were good to invade, this were a reasonable compliment actually. And she weren't wrong. The disguise would fool a general pony, as even the half-blurred section, could be excused as her having dropped some paint thinner, or other harsh liquid on her hoof.

"Heh. I remember when I were a scout in training. I'd get beaten with sticks every time I messed up a detail. Grimace was a tough teacher."

==========================================================================

@Sekel

Atzy's attention were appreciated actually, by both Molotov, and his creations. Carmen more than Felicia, as the smaller spiderbot would skitter over, to allow Atzy to get a better look at her, as she let out a few more whirrs and clanking sounds.

"Heh. Carmen likes the attention, and frankly, I'm happy to finally see somepony 'round here, who appreciate breakthrough science, and don't treat me like some sorta heretic, or crazy pony. It's like they're thinking I'll have the whole place run over by an army of spiderbots. Nuts, right? I ain't planning on doing that. Quite frankly, if I could, I would've made fully equine looking sorts, but equine joints, and physical limitation for all the hardware, is proving to be a mighty big pain in my flank. Spiders have such beautiful, simple designs. Way easier to translate to metal. Though once I sort out how to get equine done right, I've promised Carmen to transfer her over to one. She's real fascinated by equines. Felicia likes staying what she is though."

Felicia would not move, as she were approached by Atzy, though she'd let out her own sounds.

"Yeah yeah. Felicia wants it to be clear, that she ain't just some robot. She's a fully functional, state of the art artificial intelligence. Don't worry 'bout it too much. She just started to get permission to move about, outside of the workshop from yesterday, so she's just asserting that she's free. Both of body, and mind, and not just some sorta metal servant.

Think of her as being in a bit of rebellious teenage stage. But ain't that just the thing, with free will? You don't wanna be chained down, when you got it. And yeah yeah, before she starts bashing me in the head again, I know. I messed up that, by linking you to the workshop to start with. I've said I was sorry 'bout that."

While this ranting were going on, Enzo would have a chatter with Karmic, who seemed to show some concern for his well being. Which were appreciated, even if he would not show it.

On 2022-10-14 at 2:12 PM, Sekel said:

Meanwhile, Karmic was watching Enzo with a worried looked. She watched him approach after the dragon went away and gave a small wave.

"You doing okay, big guy?" Karmic asked him curiously with a hint of worry.

"Better now, yes. Excuse my... Undignified behavior. Seeing an elder dragon, reminded me of... Worse times. Times I keep worrying I'll wake up to.

What of you? I see your sister have taken well to change, and the shifting tide. Are you holding up as well? Any unfortunate visions?"

======================================================================

@flutterJackdash @AuroraGlimmer

On 2022-10-14 at 1:20 AM, Delilah Dusk said:

"Oh, I did hear a number of different voices though," Delilah said, "I'm sorry, perhaps I'm the one being rude? Honey Dew, was that the one who introduced all of you? So, Thank you for that Honey Dew. And to Miss Skittles, thank you for your offer as well... I'm not actually stuck though, just felt a bit wobbly when I tried to walk and had an unexpected lie down is all. And, finally, Nerzhei... I'm sorry to inconvenience you so."

"So, yes, I am lost," Delilah finally admitted, "Disoriented is fair to say too, actually. Um... do I really look that bad?"

"You looked barely able to stand up. Logic dictates, that you were not fit for getting yourself to the hospital, at any reasonable pace, and that you'd be free prey, for any predators."

She'd look to the side, where an apparent balloon, formed like a hawk, were carrying a very confused mouse around, a half meter from the ground, by its string. The balloon animal were moving about like you'd expect a hawk to do, but were very much not a regular entity. Nor did it seem like a real threat to the mouse, as the balloon did not have a mouth, and it appeared the rodent had just tangled its tail into the string.

"Or the recipient, of one of the new daconequui's pranks."

"So there is ah, actually a draconequus in the forest?"

"Yes. Calls herself Anomaly, and likes playing games with unwary folks. The amount of things I had to pull others out of the last few days, tests my patience at times.

Regardless, to get back to the point, Delilah, you didn't appear to be in a state, where just escorting you would do much good. So I'm expediting it, by carrying you. They'll decide if you suffer from something, or if perhaps you've been the subject of some kind of prank. I would not put it past a draconequui, to drag someone from nowhere, to mess with them. Like she did with that shark."

"Ah yes, her. She's ah... Been raising some eyebrows... Seems harmless enough though."

On 2022-10-14 at 9:53 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

On 2022-10-15 at 2:39 PM, flutterJackdash said:

"Yes," Delilah answers with a nod, "I'm the head of my herd, which has four mares and our stallion."

"Huh. I were under the impression, that ponies did not partake in this sort of thing. Not in Equestria in any case."

"It is ah, not... How shall I put this... A regular occurrence. I can't say any of the locals partake in that ah, particular lifestyle. But it isn't my place to judge. If things are well, then that is ah, what is important, yes?"

"A fair assessment."

They had reached the edge of the forest, as they got to that part of the conversation. Wouldn't be that far now, until they were at the hospital.

"If I may, actually? You seem very ah, different from most dragons I have encountered before, Nerzhei. I can't say to have met any that used magic before, for one."

"Nor one who didn't sound like they'd rather eat a book, than learn how to read it?"

"I ah, distinctly did not say that."

"I am not an idiot, and you don't see many like that, because beyond basic education, dragons don't normally care much for that, at an early age. You live to be several thousand, and aren't part of societies like what equines have, and it isn't seen as important to get drilled in, like it is with ponies. And as for the magic, there are several dragons that are magically inclined, but few actually make something of it. That little one, up at the castle... Spike, I think it was? He's a fire aligned one, that have the potential. I'm intending to try and educate him, when things are calmer, since I abhor wasted potential, and he seem like he might actually listen. A stark contrast, from the fools I usually have to deal with."

==============================================================

@Kujamih

"While it is admirable, that you wish to protect her, I think it is of some importance too, that you trust in her own capabilities. For instance: Shark? If I may ask, if you were under threat, what would you do? Or better yet: imagine that one came around, intending to harm your mate. What might you do then?"

Shark would respond with a stark contrast to how she normally were. Her ears would flatten, her pupils grow even smaller, and the slit in the midst grow thinner. Her tail muscles would tense, and her happy smile, would turn into a large, teeth displaying growling face, with accompanying sound. She'd then snap the air a few times, as a further response, before she'd ease up again, and nuzzle the side of Light's face.

The display had made Alonsus actually take a step back, intimidated by the sight, which he did not normally get. Yet the sheer change in everything from Shark, and the predatory look in her eyes, had briefly made him think that she were actually going over to tear his throat out with her teeth. It lasted but a second, yet it were enough for him to have a reaction still.

"Yes, that is... Alonsus did not expect as much, yet it is clearly apparent that in the face of danger, she could handle herself. And I believe, more so anything coming for you. Alonsus gets the distinct feeling, that you are not the only one feeling protective."

"Other friends can talk, but egg season, mate is only mine. Keep safe, get many pups. Strong like me, pretty and smell nice, like mate."

"...It is good to have future plans.

And I am not dismissing your thoughts, my friend. I can see you care for her, and wish her the best. You have a loving bond with one another, and I only wish for you to not end up ending it, by being too clingy, as it may be. Instead of trying to bar her from experiences, follow, and share them with her. Let her know the importance, and dangers of things, side by side, hm?"

==========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I dunno."

Leviathan shrugged to her first question.

"I had enough folks lament me for wasting magic, or potential, or not even bothering to ask in to it. It gets boring to put so much effort in, and then not having the interest. I figure I might as well talk about it myself, and just... I dunno, make up excuses as to why I say it? It's fun chatting with you two. You're pretty stoic, but still fair and attentive, and Charir.. Well, he doesn't understand me, but I like seeing his fascination and wonder. I didn't grow up around dragons, so this is the closest to having an intrigued, joyful youngling, that's having a great time with these sorts of things, I've probably ever had.

And it just fills me with joy, to think off all the things he can be taught, once we sort out how his magic works. Yours too. Sure it's not exactly as mine, but there's a degree of similarity in how draconic magic works. We've seen how he could work from one of my sparks for instance, yeah? I'm sure there's things I could do to teach what I've learned.

And I still say that using magic, isn't weak. Like... What if say, he charged his fist up with electricity, and punched someone in the face? He'd still need to do the physical work. It just enhanced his fist. It's the same when earth aligned dragons, cover their hand in rocks, or diamonds, and smash you. And that stuff Really looks like it hurts. I've seen some of 'em, punch down dragons five times their size like that. They don't often flare up, but earth aligned ones are really not easy to get to chill, once they start.

Anyway, that's pretty much my reasonings, I think. I haven't pondered it a lot. Mostly I'm not this open around others, even when I try to blend in, but I feel comfy around you two. Feels right, y'know? And speaking of feeling right, I think that your approach to Charir's a good one. Seen too many parents, or guardians, who just complain about their own parents, then acts exactly like them. It's good to see that you're beyond that sort, or at least tries to be.

Aaah. Now then, should we get inside, or just stand about, waiting to grow roots?"

She'd grin, then twirl her hand dramatically, and resummon one of the dragons from before. The cloud based one, just smaller, who'd start to fly around Charir exclusively, as if it were an actual, living pet. Didn't cost much magic doing it like this, and he didn't seem too happy, about them being gone. Might be he wasn't sad, but just in case he were, she'd correct things for now. Didn't want him to be sad, after all, and it really looked like he enjoyed having a playmate of sort. Poor thing really didn't have that sort of socializing growing up, and it really showed. Just another thing to correct, bit by bit.

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-10-15 at 11:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

They didn't say anything, instead Trox's metal arm started to glow with magic and he pointed it towards the sky, a faint glow was also visible in the air, like Trox had grabbed something with his magic, but there didn't seem to be anything visible inside said glow "Now." he suddenly said and Sheska started blasting the point with magic, her magic clearly hit something, but it wasn't until the fourth blast that something came to view, something metallic, shaped like a crescent moon with round part inside the crescent, it had what looked like light blue glass in front of it and on the sides of the round part.

Some locals started to get a little nervous, when they saw the random magical blasts, but Harpoon would come forth, and assure them that there were nothing to worry about, and that there were no threats to their safety. Coastal Guards were not common this far inland, but a guard were a guard to most, and seeing one who'd vouch for things, and seemed prepared, helped to make them feel a little safer. There'd still be gossiping, and some nervous glances towards the kobolds though, and frankly, Harpoon herself - whilst not showing it - were concerned about what they were doing. She'd ask exactly what it were, when the civilians were beginning to just move along, and just wander in a big circle around them, but the answer would come by itself soon after. and it wasn't a nice answer.

On 2022-10-15 at 11:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

At this point Trox closed the fist of his metal arm, causing the thing to get crushed slightly and send out sparks and blue magic around it, he then pulled it into his hand. "Drone." Chega tilted her head and Trox continued "A piece of remote controlled technology used for various things, mainly spying." Sheska took the now broken drone and looked at it "There's only one creature with these exact drones." neither of them said the name, but with them both seeming slightly angrier again, it was not hard to guess who they meant "And she knows our exact location now." she tossed the drone back to Trox "I for one can't wait to give her the long awaited greeting from my fist." neither of them seemed to be overly scared of of Sheez, just hateful towards her, though it made sense if what Solar had said was true about Sheez never purposely harming a kobold. "So um...should we be worried?" Chega asked, Sheska shook her head, "If she comes for us, you should be fine as long as you stay out of it, she won't harm us, even she isn't that rotten."   

"I've heard about drones before, from Troy. But this is far more advanced, than what we were told about."

She'd pull out a bag from her armor. Clear, with a sealing strip at the top, it weren't hard to tell, that this were an evidence bag.

"Could I ask you to please put it in here? Unless it have to be destroyed right now, for being a high threat, it's currently evidence. And if it is evidence of whom I think you're speaking about, it might prove to be highly informative, to some of the royal guard's associated scientists."

They didn't have fancy folks like that in the Coastal Guard. They had engineers and inventors, yeah, but nothing as high brow, as what she had heard that the royal branches had access to. Might just be rumors of course, as they weren't swimming in technology, but considering their constant, futile war with Troy, she wouldn't be surprised, if they had some on staff. Even some, who might have been taken from the enemy forces.

The Coastal Guard did not approve of the war, and refused to openly pick a side with any of them. Yet they were forced to send forces at times, depending on the area, yet they weren't seen as very welcome by either side. Neutrality were a nice ideal, but trying to just help those affected, rather than just attacking soldiers, for the flag they fought under, gave them mistrust from both sides. Though of the three branches, if a Trojan were forced to put their lives in the hoof of either, or surrender themselves to Equestrian guards, they knew that they'd be treated more fairly, by the Coastal Guards, than the royals.

"It seems she's searching for you. What is the... No, before we start talking, we should find a more private setting. The streets will have their eyes and ears on you now, and I don't want to cause panic."

Her voice would be low, and calm, as she looked between Trox and Sheshka, hoping they understood, and agreed that some things, were best not discussed in public.

She'd have several questions, when they were in a better location. Chief among them being, if now were the time to do a full evacuation of Ponyville, or try and have the two of them relocated, to avoid conflict between the equine hating Sheez, and the general town they were in, of primarily equines.

===============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-10-15 at 11:13 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Well… that’s one way to uh… get acquainted. Very creepy of you to do that. Just a tip, but not many ponies will see it the way you do if you’re getting all up in their personal space.”

"My kind are good at tracking. When I smell the special energy of others, I can find them, until they die. It helps me to bring messages, and find them, if they are missing. Brother can find things his own way too, though I am not sure what his way is.

...Being creepy is a bad thing, yes? How should I smell others then, and not be creepy? Ponies likes to ask permission, yes? Should I ask first? Would that help?"

Omen wanted to be a good semi-pony, so the more she learned about what to do, and not to do, the better she'd be able to mingle into society.

Oddly enough, in nearly four thousand years, this were the first being, who truly went into what might be wrong with her approach to things, rather than just scream, or shout insults. Nice with a good, constructive being like this, in her opinion. It would help her immensely.

“I wouldn’t say it’s scavenging since that word describes the act of looking for and collecting unwanted things. It’s more like not being wasteful with the extra dough that doesn’t get used. I normally recycle the dough into other types of bread by rolling and kneading the excess and seeing how much bread I could make out of it. Small bits are usually fine for eating, but I don’t sell them; since I don’t usually have the kinds of lunch breaks other ponies have when they work, I just bake the excess and eat them. Same goes for cooking other types of food. It’s usually not a good idea to waste food, so if something new could be made from the old, then it may be worth cooking leftovers. Just gotta make sure it still tastes good…”

“Oh, and you might not want to miss out on the bread you bought earlier. It’s not quite experiencing hunger, but you might experience different tastes. Okay, maybe it’s just sweet condensed milk, but it’s something, right? Your friends could be eating it all right now. Actually, could I ask you something? You said emotions are hard to understand, and you wanted to try to understand what being hungry was like. Do you not feel emotions, or do you experience them differently from others?”

"I thought scavenging just meant, using everything you could get hold of. I will remember this."

This were one of those things, she didn't need to process, as it were simple, direct information, so it would get filed properly in her mind, without a fuss. And the definition between scavenging, and not being wasteful, could come in handy some other time. Had to be more times than now, when knowing the difference were important, yes?

"I will try them, like another time. My friends sounded like they were hungry. They need it more. I am here, learning things. Things like what bakers do, with dough, which makes good sense to me too. Not wasting things, and making sure you are fed too. That sounds like something important to do, for normal ponies.

I will try and answer your question. It might not work. Okay?

Master Discord said that he made me to look like a pony, but be chaotic. The kitsune said some things too, about how I worked. Something about a cat with a yarn ball in my head, is one I can remember. And I do know I have four stomachs. Most I use for carrying things in. Only one, I use for eating things, but Master Discord said, that he did not want me to be reliant on it. Something about not wanting to risk, forgetting to feed a pet, I think? He only said it once.

I think that is why I do not feel things, like you do either. Because he build me to be different, than you.

I have tried to understand many things, but it is hard. He were supposed to teach me, but he were taken from me. And trying to understand feelings, are hard.

I can stand in fire, and I feel warm, but I do not feel pain. I am not scared, because I do not understand what I should be afraid of.

It is like things that others say, are normal to feel, are dull to me. Smaller, and hard to grasp. And when I do feel them,. I do not know enough, to understand what it is, and it goes away again.

Being angry is the one I do not think I can understand the most. The ones who have explained it, says you get angry, when your emotions are high. Mine are not, so can I be angry? Can I be anything?"

It were likely Discord's biggest fail, when it came to making Omen. Making her sturdy enough to deal with most, if not all things thrown at her, were nice in theory, but it had lead to her feeling dulled about a lot of things. And combined with the long years of not having explained what she had felt, it were getting harder and harder for her, to truly feel enough of something, to be much more, than just observing it curiously.

A rather depressing perspective, that she might never be able to feel joy, or happiness. But then, she may in turn never feel loss, or despair. At least, it would take a lot for her to be taught. Maybe more than any of her current friends, had left of years in them.

"Ponies have it easy, with emotions. They are natural to you."

It could be argued that perhaps, Discord could fix his issue, but one question were if he could anymore. The other being, if he even wanted to try.

As for Munchkin, she seemed to have enjoyed lounging with Hammond, though she noticed the grumbling coming from the little creature sitting atop the strange guest. This was rather new, and the cat was curious enough to come over to Omen and see what was going on. For now, she would walk up to the Ki’Nathar and quietly stare at the refraction just to see what else it would do when she is much closer. If it’ll try anything, she might move even closer, possibly climb aboard Omen, to see how he would react.

At first, Shrimp would hiss, and fall back into his hiding spot, in Omen's mane. Yet Hammond would flutter up, and lure him out of his hiding space a little, with head pats from one paw. The other, he would use to slowly signal to Munchkin, that she should come up. He wanted to try and see, if he could bring these two together. He were sure his mistress would be proud of him, if he managed to do that. Just like how she liked to talk with others, and bring them together to do things, that he did not fully understand yet. There were a lot of big words.

If Munchkin came up, Shrimp would react negatively, by going into his hiding space, but he'd be lured out a little bit with head pats once more, leaving his head exposed, and looking untrustingly at the cat. He were seemingly expecting her to do something here. Hammond would then see if he could use his other paw, to pet Munchkin, trying to act as a sort of connecting link between them. That might work, yes?

As for Omen, she'd just stand completely still, and seemingly not be bothered by this in the slightest. Wasn't the first time animals had crawled on her, and likely would not be the last time either.

“I suppose we should eat, but I kind of wanted to wait for Omen. Maybe one bite might not be so bad.” Lin took a piece of bread and dipped it into the thickened milk that came with the bread platter. It didn’t take long for the sweetness to hit her hard. Given enough time, she could fall off her seat, as the look on her face suggests ecstasy and bliss. “Ooh, you’ve got to try this! It’s so sweet and good!”

“Ponies must have a thing for taste because this combination looks so simple. Let’s see…” Just like Lin, one bite from the bread dipped in the sweet milk, and Sen was already feeling it. A kind of joy washed over his face, filling him with delight. “This is amazing! And to think it comes from just milk and bread.”

(Sorry, I forgot this)

Though he were hungry, and wanted to try this for himself, Rosa would first go into a nearby cabinet in the kitchen, and rummage around, until he found a tiny bowl, and a saucer. He'd then go to the table, pour a bit of the condensed milk in what looked like a sake bowl, along with one of the breads, then placed it on the counter, with a larger bowl turned upside down, to cover it.

"Just so that we do not forget Omen in all of this. I am certain she'd like to try this taste, if she have not before."

With that, he'd feel a bit better about himself, and go back to the table, take a piece of bread, and then finally try this for himself. He'd swivel it in his mouth some, tasting it through, before swallowing the first bit, to allow him a proper amount of time, to evaluate his own opinion about this.

"I must admit, to not be the greatest fan of condensed milk. That said, the combination with this particular bread, does deal with some of my issues, by adding in a degree of balance, that I do not normally associate with the product. It won't be something I could eat every day, but it is certainly good."

A little less sweet, and it would have hit better, but that were a personal preference. From a more neutral standpoint, this would be more broadly appealing, and that were important too, when it came to a product. You didn't sell well, when you made things too niche. Especially not when you made several instances of the product in question, and it were perishable, which put a timer on how long it were allowed to be sold.

“Whatever happens today, we’ll be around in case you need us. Maybe not all of us since Lin has plans to go back home for a bit. I guess I may also have some things to do, but I’m in no rush to get them done. It’s just going around the village and seeing what’s been happening while we’ve been away. And I haven’t forgotten what you told me back then, about talking to an old friend and hopefully patching things up. Maybe I understand sister being angry and not letting things go, because I also haven’t let something go. You know, I just realized Lin and I have spent more years away from home than being among the longma.”

“Guess that explains how we’ve been seeing things differently. We don’t make very good longma at this point, I don’t think that’s bothersome. It’s a little refreshing, to be honest.” 

"While I greatly appreciate your support, I am certain that there are some things that you must do, that cannot involve me currently, such as going to your village. Just as how you are unlikely to be given permission, to be let into a meeting with the local spy agency. As such, I am assuming we will all have time today, doing various things, where we will have to handle it separately. Yet I find comfort in knowing that we will rendezvous at some point, and potentially solve some issues that have arisen, in the time since our last meeting.

In regards to your assessment of being - as you put it - bad longma, I would say you're less bad, than simply just more educated, and therefor incompatible with the narrow perspective, that you saw things from before. Something which I assume several of your kin, are also experiencing.

I believe you to be an important bonding link, between the longma as they are now, and the outside world, as you are aware of both worlds, and thus, can help elevate, and reason things for the better, as time goes on. They will need kinsmen who can tell them of the good, and the bad, that the outside world have, to truly believe things. I can speak much, but in the end, I am still an unknown. An outsider, whom they do not know if they can trust. You are closer to them than I, and thus, are easier for them to connect to.

At least I assume so. I am not yet familiar enough for the general longma, to know what to expect, or how they might think of things. It is merely an assumption, at this point in time."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Light would nod at Alonsus suggestion. It felt neither a yes or a no but more of an understood and put into consideration. 

" Tell me Alonsus? Who put you in chains though? Is it someone stronger than you? Someone smarter than you? Or yourself?" 

" I do not fear the one who are the stronger than me.... But the one smarter than me.... And my selves. " He says as he looks at the distant abyss of the sky. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-10-17 at 6:47 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"My kind are good at tracking. When I smell the special energy of others, I can find them, until they die. It helps me to bring messages, and find them, if they are missing. Brother can find things his own way too, though I am not sure what his way is.

...Being creepy is a bad thing, yes? How should I smell others then, and not be creepy? Ponies likes to ask permission, yes? Should I ask first? Would that help?"

Omen wanted to be a good semi-pony, so the more she learned about what to do, and not to do, the better she'd be able to mingle into society.

Oddly enough, in nearly four thousand years, this were the first being, who truly went into what might be wrong with her approach to things, rather than just scream, or shout insults. Nice with a good, constructive being like this, in her opinion. It would help her immensely.

"I thought scavenging just meant, using everything you could get hold of. I will remember this."

“Ponies will find it creepy if you start sniffing them up close and tell them you could track them with their scent. It’s not going leave a good impression on other ponies. So, yeah, it’s gonna be awkward and terrifying. Best to ask first if you could get somepony’s scent before sniffing and let them know why you’re doing it.”

This were getting into awkward territory, and the morning was going slow enough as it was with the lack of customers. Still. Peaks continued preparing the last bits of her remaining carrot balls before tossing them into the air fryer. It’ll be a while before they’ll be ready, so there was more time to chat. She’d direct Omen and the little critters to the front counter, as the bread would all be in the oven baking. Until they were ready, it was a matter of waiting for more customers and talking with Omen. 

The more the two went at it, the less odd things became. The voice going into her head, the odd stare, it just didn’t feel quite like it used to be; novelty of the first experience was wearing off a lot sooner than expected, but getting to know the Ki’Nathar was tapping into an aspect of herself that she didn’t think think he had. Just as things were moving along to some other part of the store, Munchkin would be lifted to the top of the counter, the perfect place for her to stand and get a much closer look at Shrimp since they’d be in close proximity. The little cat would try using her stubby paws to reach for the refraction, though climbing on top of Omen was next once Hammond gave her the signal.

Eventually, the cat would find herself standing on Omen’s back, much closer than she’d ever been to the little creature that didn’t appear to trust her at all. She’d mew once more, then start making little chattering noises to see if that will get Shrimp interested.

“Hmm… as for scavenging, how do I put this? You’re right about it being gathering and using anything that you could find. But in cooking, you still have to consider how the finished product will taste, or if it is edible. Not being wasteful is good, but consider what combinations of food will work instead of throwing everything together and hoping somebody would eat it. That’s a hard thing, knowing taste combinations that work. Not even I know them.”

Master Discord said that he made me to look like a pony, but be chaotic. The kitsune said some things too, about how I worked. Something about a cat with a yarn ball in my head, is one I can remember. And I do know I have four stomachs. Most I use for carrying things in. Only one, I use for eating things, but Master Discord said, that he did not want me to be reliant on it. Something about not wanting to risk, forgetting to feed a pet, I think? He only said it once.

I think that is why I do not feel things, like you do either. Because he build me to be different, than you.

I have tried to understand many things, but it is hard. He were supposed to teach me, but he were taken from me. And trying to understand feelings, are hard.

I can stand in fire, and I feel warm, but I do not feel pain. I am not scared, because I do not understand what I should be afraid of.

It is like things that others say, are normal to feel, are dull to me. Smaller, and hard to grasp. And when I do feel them,. I do not know enough, to understand what it is, and it goes away again.

Being angry is the one I do not think I can understand the most. The ones who have explained it, says you get angry, when your emotions are high. Mine are not, so can I be angry? Can I be anything?"

The baker stood and thought about how Omen’s explanations fit into the bigger picture. Discord made her different, but going by what she can and can’t feel, it looks like she was capable of sensations, but processing them was another matter entirely. Seems like feeling something was a start, and the next step was something that needed confirmation. How that would work was just as important because a brute-force approach would definitely take a long time to do. Maybe some experiments could work, but how would anyone prepare the tests? This will need a lot of considerations. 

Even now, Peaks felt bad about Omen’s situation, but she didn’t want to say anything that could be construed as stepping out of line. She could blame Discord if she knew his motivations for wanting Omen in the first place, but could anything be comprehensible if viewed from the mind of a chaotic being? Could it even be possible for someone like herself?

“Emotions are a hard thing to understand, but it sounds like you’ve spent time trying to figure them out. If Discord made things this way, would it be worth asking him why he really made you like this or if this issue could be fixed? I don’t know if using magic would fix this, or if trying to draw the emotions out through different experiences would be a better alternative, but I believe there is an answer. Don’t lose hope, Miss Omen. Perhaps the answer is out there just waiting to be found. Likewise, if you could make something of yourself, wouldn’t be worth it to try and find out? I’m sorry if I couldn’t help you out here aside from offering suggestions.”

"While I greatly appreciate your support, I am certain that there are some things that you must do, that cannot involve me currently, such as going to your village. Just as how you are unlikely to be given permission, to be let into a meeting with the local spy agency. As such, I am assuming we will all have time today, doing various things, where we will have to handle it separately. Yet I find comfort in knowing that we will rendezvous at some point, and potentially solve some issues that have arisen, in the time since our last meeting.

In regards to your assessment of being - as you put it - bad longma, I would say you're less bad, than simply just more educated, and therefor incompatible with the narrow perspective, that you saw things from before. Something which I assume several of your kin, are also experiencing.

I believe you to be an important bonding link, between the longma as they are now, and the outside world, as you are aware of both worlds, and thus, can help elevate, and reason things for the better, as time goes on. They will need kinsmen who can tell them of the good, and the bad, that the outside world have, to truly believe things. I can speak much, but in the end, I am still an unknown. An outsider, whom they do not know if they can trust. You are closer to them than I, and thus, are easier for them to connect to.

“I guess the feeling is only settling in now, but it’s been a long time since I’ve experienced time away from a friend. We’ve spent quite some time traveling together that it feels strange to be parting ways, even if we still get to see each other again. We’ve got our own lives to live, and I have to respect that you’ve also got things only you could do…”

“Don’t be so dramatic, Sen. This isn’t goodbye, more like ‘see you later,’ but this’ll be an opportunity for all of us to learn about what’s ahead of us. I’m sure we’ll all have plenty to share when we meet again.”

“Yeah, that’s true, but we’ll always be ready to lend you help whenever you need us, Rosa. We’ve got our work ahead wherever it takes us, but we’ll do our best!”

There was a hint of Sen’s deeper issues, but he knew he couldn’t stick around Rosa permanently. It was only by chance that they even had these opportunities to spend so much time together. The siblings knew they would need to go on their own path for now, and their divergent paths would take them elsewhere. Perhaps absence would make their next meeting much livelier, and there’d always be another chance for them to work together. Those times were sparse and tense, but Sen would be the first to admit that he enjoyed working through them alongside those he knew would have his back.

Perhaps with this development becoming more of a certainty, the siblings would take this time to savor their meal while chatting away without worries, even if it was only for a moment.

“You are a friend to us, a very good friend, and we’ll vouch for you. If the folks back home need to slowly learn that not all outsiders are out to hurt them, we’ll do what we can to show them that. And if things don’t turn out well, you’ll still have friends among the longma. I mean, Elder Ghilan already sees you as a friend, and no outsiders could boast about having befriended a village elder, right?”

(No worries with missing out on the parts with Rosa and the siblings!)

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Rising took note of the items that fell free from the pouch the Prince was emptying before them.  Nothing appear all that useful off hoof or presented any magical significance.  Lily had made a comment when they were getting dressed for their coming to Harrowmark about the idea of having a pouch while in the dark lands.  Rising thought that more for the need in protection of place for useful things.  Granted, the Prince didn't appear to live the life of one that would need such things.  Trap in his gilded cage as it were.  Also, not to say any of these items didn't hold more emotional significance.  Thoughts left to wander as the items were pocketed and the pouch presented to his sister.

Dawn accepted the pouch in her hoof graciously, "You're too kind," she chuckled and fluttered her eyelashes at the compliment.  "Watch closely now," the mare smiled and her horn was set aglow in the rainbow aura of her magic.  The tip of her horn dazzled a brilliant color of dancing rainbow light before the pouch itself was enveloped in the a matching aura. 

The spell was cast.  Rainbow tendrils broke free from Dawn's horn.  Riling rainbow appendages freed from a long prison sentence that enveloped the hall, threatening to consume all present.  They slithered and snaked, bound only by the whims of the unseen aether winds that blew through the universe like ribbons on a pole.  In the same breath that brought forth the untamed tendrils, did order bring them to heel.  The dancing ribbons were jerked into ridged threads attached to unseen needles.  With the precision and combined experience of every seamstress to have every walked this world, the threads began to weaved.  Different colored lights flashed as threads fused together.  Patterns began to form, beauty emerged, rules set in place, matrixes drawn, a galaxy of rainbow was birthed in tapestry form before their very eyes!  

If only it were so.  Dawn, Star and Grace simply looked on as the pouch only showed the rainbow aura wrapped around.  The birth of Dawn's spell all too invisible to them.  For no sense of sight, nor taste, nor smell, nor sound, nor touch could behold the event that just happened before them.  It was a lonely world.  A world of beauty and ugliness few could glimpse.  In the blink of an eye, Dawn's masterful work had been complete.  The all consuming tapestry settling into the pouch like a mother bird into her nest.  Spells were always at their brightest when first cast, much like the flash of a camera.

"Ta daaaaaaa!" Dawn expressed, all too proud of herself.  Advanced spatial magic had just been performed in front of a foreign royal, and all his sister had to show for it was a brief flash of rainbow light that lasted the blink of an eye.  Rising couldn't help crack a grin.  "Brother dearest, your gift carrier," Dawn mused, holding out the pouch for Rising.  By all appearances, nothing had happened to the pouch.  With her magic still active, she opened the top of the pouch.  Might as well show the Prince.  Rising took the box he'd been gifted and moved it toward the opening.  As the box neared the opening, it began to shrink.  Shrink just enough to fit into the pouch's opening.  The detective lowered it into the pouch.  Lower, lower, lower, the stallion had plunged his limb down into the pouch up to his shoulder.  Well past anything the pouch should be able to hold.  From the outside, it appeared to have no bottom even while Dawn held it on her hoof.  Finding the solidness of a shelf the spell had placed inside, he let go of the box and removed his hoof.  "Ta da," Rising smiled, but put far less energy into it than his sister.

(edited)

@Rising Dusk

The prince would look on curiously, wondering what it were that were going to happen.

Of course, he did not have the sight that Rising did, and as such, could not gawk in the true marvel, of the spectacle in front of him. That said, rainbow colored magic were unheard off in Harrowmark, and as such, this were still a fascinating, yet brief vision, that left him curious as to what exactly had changed, now that the magic would visibly have ended. Surely had to be something peculiar, yes? A mere light show, did not seem fitting for the mare, considering her words before.

Dawn expressing that this were a gift carrier, certainly just increased his curiosity, though on the outside, he seemed mostly just bemused at this point, as he took a step closer, to see if mayhap, he could gander what were happening. Perhaps this were an illusion of some kind, masking over the pouch now being replaced by a carrier of some sort?

The truth turned out to be even more intriguing. As things got closer to the head of the pouch, it would shrink down, until it were able to fit the entry point, of said pouch. And then for wonders to not stop there, it appeared to be far more spacious now, as Rising were able to shove his entire leg into what should hardly hold enough room for two hooves.

"That were quite a sight. Might I inquire Miss Dawn, what you have done here? I would think a portal in the pouch, yet that would not explain the shrinking effect. Whatever it is, I am highly impressed, that you can do so, and seemingly not cause issue, with the magic already present upon your brothers gift. You are clearly a very skilled unicorn, from whom many could learn a thing for two.

As a fact, could I ask if this is something that is teachable? It could be quite welcome by some, and if not, I might eye an opportunity for you, when you wish to enter the marketplace in some capacity. There are those who'd be thrilled to stash their belongings, in a much smaller space. Those gathering herbs for instance.

Though do forgive me if it appears to be pushing. It is not my intent to do so. I am merely intrigued by what you have shown, and have a habit of thinking of how it might benefit more, when it is that I encounter new and promising creations."

Regardless of the response, he would continue to lead them onward, and they'd soon enough reach another room. A dining room it appeared, with a long board, and servants working diligently to have it prepared for later. Not as big as some royals had though. This one could seat around a dozen beings, but then, there were rarely a need for more, as the royal family were not as expansive as it once were. Not at gatherings at least. Hence, there were no larger for the time being, though it were fine. It would seat those of most importance, with the queen's seat being rather obvious, considering the height and pomp of it.

"It is not yet of course, but later, when the festivities have died down some, Mother will likely request that you join us for dinner. You have my word, that it will not be something unnatural, which we shall be dining upon. Merely the natural splendor of our farmers hard work, with what meager gains have been them allowed for so long. Next season shall be a glorious one, that much I have no doubt off, and it warms my heart already, to think of fields full of grain, instead of barren, and regulated harshly."

He'd lead them on, outside of the room, and would then guide them , as they moved upwards. Not long after this, they would encounter the queen, and her husband once more, both wearing their most official garments. Not far from them, were a grand door, prepared to be pushed aside by the knights from earlier, to open up for them. And on the other side, they'd be able to hear ever so faintly, the sound of life. Beings talking, yet too far away, for it to be discernable. Sounded like the chorus of a far away crowd, though the door itself were likely muffling things greatly.

"Mother. Father. I see you are prepared."

"The masses are waiting. We must be ready for them, once everything is in place."

"Indeed indeed. They have been gathering for long, waiting for words that the ceremony will start. The news of Sir Dusk's arrival have spread far and wide already, so they are most intrigued, yes."

"And here I thought it could be kept a secret for but an hour at the least."

"The citizenry are too anxious. A servant would have seen, then told their friends, who'd in turn tell theirs, and so forth. Some news are too grand, for them to be considered containable."

"Of course, mother."

Necrotic would turn to Rising and his family by then, as he corrected a few of his ornaments, and his jacket, out of habit.

"It appears that it is all up to you then. When you are prepared, the citizenry awaits you, but please, do make sure you are ready first. It will likely be quite some time, before things stop moving for you, once it all begins."

=======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Ponies will find it creepy if you start sniffing them up close and tell them you could track them with their scent. It’s not going leave a good impression on other ponies. So, yeah, it’s gonna be awkward and terrifying. Best to ask first if you could get somepony’s scent before sniffing and let them know why you’re doing it.”

"Ponies are strange. Master Discord always told me, that it were better to just do something, and then tell them why, if they asked. But I will listen, and ask others then."

She might not always listen, in case she were told it were important for her to track them, by say, some of her friends, but she would ask. Still seemed odd though. It were not hurting others, so why would she need to ask? Just because ponies found it creepy? But why did they find it creepy? Had it something to do with that personal space thing again? Maybe she'd understand at some point. For now though, she would simply listen, and take the advise to heart. They'd see what would come of it later on, as she actually went and tried it.

The more the two went at it, the less odd things became. The voice going into her head, the odd stare, it just didn’t feel quite like it used to be; novelty of the first experience was wearing off a lot sooner than expected, but getting to know the Ki’Nathar was tapping into an aspect of herself that she didn’t think think he had. Just as things were moving along to some other part of the store, Munchkin would be lifted to the top of the counter, the perfect place for her to stand and get a much closer look at Shrimp since they’d be in close proximity. The little cat would try using her stubby paws to reach for the refraction, though climbing on top of Omen was next once Hammond gave her the signal.

Eventually, the cat would find herself standing on Omen’s back, much closer than she’d ever been to the little creature that didn’t appear to trust her at all. She’d mew once more, then start making little chattering noises to see if that will get Shrimp interested.

It were not too unusual, for those who did stick around Omen, to eventually become rather jaded to her oddities. Sure they were peculiar, but she were not dangerous, and once the threat vanished, it were not hard to get used to things. It were just that to a fair few, trying to pass that first hurdle, were not something they wanted to attempt, as Omen were not aware of how to make a good first impression. Most who saw past that, were folks who had seen a lot worse, were more confused than anything, or she got lucky, and said something right, unintentionally.

As for the critter bunch, it were going relatively well. Shrimp stil did not look thrilled, to be so close to the cat, but at least she wasn't reaching out for him this time, as she had before. He had not liked that. Made him think that she were trying to reach out, to hunt him.

Now though, she were chattering away. Not in a way he understood though. Animals might understand one another well enough, but he were not technically an animal, nor had grown up around ones speaking in animal, to teach him how to understand that. Those he communicated with, spoke ponish, and that didn't really have any overlap, with critter chatter.

Still... Maybe he should try making sounds, and then see what happened? Hammond were there. He smelled like Omen, and he were currently sat on her too. If the cat tried something, they'd keep him safe, right? 

So he'd try letting out a few chirps. Suspicious at first, then slowly, as he found some courage, he'd turn to the cat, and look up defiantly, whilst saying his chirps were loudly, and with a bit of backbone to it. Though if she reached out for him right now, he'd hiss, and cover behind Hammond. Small steps here, were the best approach. Especially since he were technically of a fair size, for the cat to use him, much like how some of them would a small garden snake. Prey and toy, in one convenient package.

“Hmm… as for scavenging, how do I put this? You’re right about it being gathering and using anything that you could find. But in cooking, you still have to consider how the finished product will taste, or if it is edible. Not being wasteful is good, but consider what combinations of food will work instead of throwing everything together and hoping somebody would eat it. That’s a hard thing, knowing taste combinations that work. Not even I know them.”

"I can not do baking then. I eat anything, and strange tastes are interesting to try. I think I like fire most? I can taste it more, than other things. It is very warm.

It must be difficult to know how to make it work, for normal ponies, yes? I see ponies eating many, many different things, so they must not taste things the same. It can not be easy, to find something that they can all like, is it?"

Omen were not sure what being impressed felt like, but she were sure that she even were currently, or that she were supposed to be. It barely showed though, as her voice were mainly still curious, as were the look in her eyes, but there were a small change in tone, and the light in her eyes. As would be said, her emotions were dulled, and she did not know context. As such, it were hard for her to really express things, that she did not fully seemed to have the capacity to possess. Or she were just broken. Discord had made her after all. There were bound to be complications, like what happened when she tried to drink water, by chugging the container backwards.

“Emotions are a hard thing to understand, but it sounds like you’ve spent time trying to figure them out. If Discord made things this way, would it be worth asking him why he really made you like this or if this issue could be fixed? I don’t know if using magic would fix this, or if trying to draw the emotions out through different experiences would be a better alternative, but I believe there is an answer. Don’t lose hope, Miss Omen. Perhaps the answer is out there just waiting to be found. Likewise, if you could make something of yourself, wouldn’t be worth it to try and find out? I’m sorry if I couldn’t help you out here aside from offering suggestions.”

"I do not know, if Master Discord could change me. I did not think about asking him, the last time he called me. Maybe I will try the next time.

And how can I lose hope? I do not think I have any. I am just trying to understand things. If I do not, then that just means I keep looking, and asking. That seems simple to me.

Questions have answers, but some takes time. A strange one told me that once, and I have a lot of time, I think. I do not know how time works that well."

A common issue for immortals, though more for Omen, as she did not grasp a lot of things as it were, so she did not note the passing of time, nor the length as well as some others. She did days well enough, in a short term, but that were from counting sun rises.

"You are a friend to us, a very good friend, and we’ll vouch for you. If the folks back home need to slowly learn that not all outsiders are out to hurt them, we’ll do what we can to show them that. And if things don’t turn out well, you’ll still have friends among the longma. I mean, Elder Ghilan already sees you as a friend, and no outsiders could boast about having befriended a village elder, right?”

"Likewise, if you need me for anything, you can count on my presence, and assistance. Whatever will come to pass, as we face the world at large, I will not turn myturnk on you. Not after all we have been through.

As for Ghilan, he seems receptive, but he will face an uphill battle, if he heeds my words. I hope that he will have the stamina, and conviction, to not cave completely, at the first few hurdles. I can imagine that he will rely on us to back him up, to give him strength at some of them, but we must still thread carefully. It will be a delicate matter, to change perspective so ingrained in the other elders. Even a small amount.

Yet we can think of that at a later date. You know my plans for the day, as I yours. I would think that unless she have other plans, we ask Omen if she might be the binding link between us, in case we need to converse.

I would suggest she would stay with you for now though. The intelligence meeting, will not be open to outsiders. Especially not one connected to an unreliable source, such as Discord."

====================≈===========================

@Kujamih

"In as much as one can say, that I am chained, there is but one who have done so: The great Alonsus himself. I would not consider myself chained per se though. I am merely understanding my capabilities, and chose to not fall down such a path, but rather embrace peace and kindness. A physique such as mine, might make you think I am a brutish sort, yet let nothing be further from the truth. Brawn should not be the answer, when talking can solve a conflict.

Yet I do restrain myself, in a way. I cannot handle things, nor beings, too carelessly, or they may get hurt after all. Unintentionally, of course."

There were days, when he met beings that tested his conviction  to put his violent days behind him, but he were mostly successful, in restraining himself, from following such old habits, and wants. Barring a few, who did need to be handled, for a variety of reasons. Such as the drunkard who attempted to swing out after Stare.

It were a regretable situation, and when he sobered up, he had shown instant remorse over the incident. Far as he knew the stallion had gotten into a program, to help him, but it were of course, a battle that were not easily won. Yet Alonsus wished him the best of luck, in his endeavors. None should be held down, by their addiction to the bottle.

"Ah, but why linger on somber topics, no? Surely there is better we can do. For instance, have you yet gazed closely upon the castle of Princess Sparkle? There is no entry during the night, of course, but the gardens are open, and it gives a grand view, of the crystal castle."

"Big, shiny reef? Is pretty."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @AuroraGlimmer

On 2022-10-16 at 6:47 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"You looked barely able to stand up. Logic dictates, that you were not fit for getting yourself to the hospital, at any reasonable pace, and that you'd be free prey, for any predators."

She'd look to the side, where an apparent balloon, formed like a hawk, were carrying a very confused mouse around, a half meter from the ground, by its string. The balloon animal were moving about like you'd expect a hawk to do, but were very much not a regular entity. Nor did it seem like a real threat to the mouse, as the balloon did not have a mouth, and it appeared the rodent had just tangled its tail into the string.

"Or the recipient, of one of the new daconequui's pranks."

"So there is ah, actually a draconequus in the forest?"

"Yes. Calls herself Anomaly, and likes playing games with unwary folks. The amount of things I had to pull others out of the last few days, tests my patience at times.

Regardless, to get back to the point, Delilah, you didn't appear to be in a state, where just escorting you would do much good. So I'm expediting it, by carrying you. They'll decide if you suffer from something, or if perhaps you've been the subject of some kind of prank. I would not put it past a draconequui, to drag someone from nowhere, to mess with them. Like she did with that shark."

"Ah yes, her. She's ah... Been raising some eyebrows... Seems harmless enough though."

"My state? I was dizzy, so I lay down," she explained, "I'm not sure what more of my state you saw than I felt, but either way... I am grateful for your aid, just not for disregarding boundaries."

"Another draconequus? How unusual!" Delilah says, "I wonder if Discord would be interested to know that he really isn't the only one?"

On 2022-10-16 at 6:47 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Huh. I were under the impression, that ponies did not partake in this sort of thing. Not in Equestria in any case."

"It is ah, not... How shall I put this... A regular occurrence. I can't say any of the locals partake in that ah, particular lifestyle. But it isn't my place to judge. If things are well, then that is ah, what is important, yes?"

"A fair assessment."

They had reached the edge of the forest, as they got to that part of the conversation. Wouldn't be that far now, until they were at the hospital.

"If I may, actually? You seem very ah, different from most dragons I have encountered before, Nerzhei. I can't say to have met any that used magic before, for one."

"Nor one who didn't sound like they'd rather eat a book, than learn how to read it?"

"I ah, distinctly did not say that."

"I am not an idiot, and you don't see many like that, because beyond basic education, dragons don't normally care much for that, at an early age. You live to be several thousand, and aren't part of societies like what equines have, and it isn't seen as important to get drilled in, like it is with ponies. And as for the magic, there are several dragons that are magically inclined, but few actually make something of it. That little one, up at the castle... Spike, I think it was? He's a fire aligned one, that have the potential. I'm intending to try and educate him, when things are calmer, since I abhor wasted potential, and he seem like he might actually listen. A stark contrast, from the fools I usually have to deal with."

"Uh... your impression is correct," Delilah says, a little uncomfortable, "It isn't common practice, but neither is there any law forbidding it. And it isn't an Equestrian tradition, but a Mythralian one, which is what my husband and two of my wives are. I still am not used to seeing them eat meat, though. But... we do love each other, and care for each other, so right now even while I worry for my foals I know they are in fine hooves and won't lack for love."

"He does seem to have a good handle on that teleport magic of his," Delilah remarks, shifting her weight slightly on the dragon's shoulder, "Um... No one called you an idiot, nor even implied such a thing, so I'm entirely sure from where you are taking offense. Is curiosity such a nuisance to you?"

After another moment has passed from the time she finished her last sentence she suddenly begins to gag and retch.

"Oh.. oh no," she gets out before, "P-Put me down! Quickly! Please!"

Skittles would nod "O-oh, I think I heard of this now, it's called a...a herd right?" she'd ask Deliah, then nods as she listens to the others and whincing atthe bickering between Honey and the Dragonness "O-oh dear, please don't fight you two" she then looks to the dragoonness "I liketo read, I don't understand why some ponies think that books are for eating" she shakes her head andt then gasps "oh no, miss Delilah, are you okay?"

" yourself I see... Then truly... Someone smart must've shown you how to chain yourself." Light ponders.

" No one voluntarily chains oneself, unless someone shows them a reason too. For example... I chained myself to her now." He lovingly stares at Shark.

" I guess tomorrow we're going to the big shiny reef. " He adds. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-10-19 at 5:44 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not know, if Master Discord could change me. I did not think about asking him, the last time he called me. Maybe I will try the next time.

And how can I lose hope? I do not think I have any. I am just trying to understand things. If I do not, then that just means I keep looking, and asking. That seems simple to me.

Questions have answers, but some takes time. A strange one told me that once, and I have a lot of time, I think. I do not know how time works that well."

“That sounds like you are determined to understand. It may not look like it, but you don’t let setbacks stop you. From what I understand, that’s about as good as not losing hope as I could see, and it’s admirable that you can think of that so casually. Maybe things won’t make sense now, but the more you put the pieces together, the more they’ll begin to create a clearer picture.” 

If it is one thing that Peaks can say at this moment, it’s that Omen’s simple way of seeing things is pretty refreshing. There are days when she’d find herself stumped and out of motivation upon encountering a roadblock on her way to achieving her goals. Somehow, she could see the benefits of not being hampered by emotions, only seeing things logically. Then again, she’d be a lot colder if her logic isn’t tempered with emotion. Perhaps the secret is finding balance in both. 

Despite how things were looking to Omen, maybe there is hope in her finding her answers to the question of emotions. Whatever the circumstances surrounding that may be, her determination could get her to the answers she hoped. She’s already got a head start with her attitude toward trying to understand them.

"I can not do baking then. I eat anything, and strange tastes are interesting to try. I think I like fire most? I can taste it more, than other things. It is very warm.

It must be difficult to know how to make it work, for normal ponies, yes? I see ponies eating many, many different things, so they must not taste things the same. It can not be easy, to find something that they can all like, is it?"

“You’re right about that. So many tastes, and even if there is some overlap, I won’t be able to get all of them. But, bread is simple, and the best I could do is to make bread that many ponies will enjoy. Take those crescent-shaped croissants, for example. It’s all just regular bread, but bits of it flake off, and the bread itself tastes buttery. It doesn’t look much, but it is something ponies enjoy. Not everything has to be complicated to be special; its simple taste is enough. For you, I could try some special recipes, but I suppose that will mean doing some research on spicy bread. Wonder if I could do something with chillies… This might be a little special project for me; call it a challenge to impress your tastebuds!”

As for Munchkin, Shrimp sort of replying to her chattering was an interesting development. Mewing usually works for ponies, and that would get their attention most of the time. With the refraction, it appears that using a different vocalization method might be something, though it was odd that a sound normally used for birds would be the thing that caused a different reaction. Maybe this reptilian-looking creature is something more than its appearance suggests? 

For now, the cat continued chattering to see if it could get Shrimp to poke out his head more often, then switch to its usual calm mewing to let him and Hammond know that she isn’t being hostile. Trying to rile up some reactions may have been an interesting experiment, but knowing that these creatures are friends with the odd visitors from the day before, maybe the refraction could also be a friend.

As for Ghilan, he seems receptive, but he will face an uphill battle, if he heeds my words. I hope that he will have the stamina, and conviction, to not cave completely, at the first few hurdles. I can imagine that he will rely on us to back him up, to give him strength at some of them, but we must still thread carefully. It will be a delicate matter, to change perspective so ingrained in the other elders. Even a small amount.

Yet we can think of that at a later date. You know my plans for the day, as I yours. I would think that unless she have other plans, we ask Omen if she might be the binding link between us, in case we need to converse.

I would suggest she would stay with you for now though. The intelligence meeting, will not be open to outsiders. Especially not one connected to an unreliable source, such as Discord."

“Ghilan may not look like it, but he can be tough when he needs to be. After all, he was training to be a forest hunter, something we both share even though I turned out to be a wreck before I could get back on my feet. Don’t worry though, we’ll be around him more frequently, so we could help him out when he needs us.”

“I suppose we’ll need to plan around how we’ll be communicating with each other moving forward. Might needs some paper for that one if we’ll be sending messages in case Omen can’t get a message directly to you. Hmm… now that I think of it, she could just open a gate directly to wherever you’ll be, so that might not be an issue. You think we should talk to her about setting boundaries?”

“Could be worth a try to see how that’ll work. We don’t want to cause unnecessary scares with Omen suddenly showing up in the middle of the night to let you know how things are going.”

@Blitz Boom

"I'm not fan of weapon use either, so using magic to enchant physical capabilities isn't any better or worse than using pure magic." Ruby stated as she opened the door, letting the others in before going in herself "But as I have stated before, I draw a distinction between use and reliance, and while I do understand the necessity for those like yourself, it doesn't make you any less weak, are you powerful? yes, but strong? don't be ridiculous."  she didn't say it in insulting way, rather, it was a matter-of-fact type of statement "But you shouldn't care what I or others think, mental strength is as important as physical one, and sacrificing your own believes only to please others is a sign of weakness that no amount of muscle will replace, I may disagree with you in some things, even argue with you about them, but I believe in freedom, and freedom includes the freedom to make choices I don't like, ultimately we won't know what is the right choice until we make the decision, and it's up to fate to tell us if we made the right one or not."  as she spoke, she walked towards the drying room,  went into said room, gathered everything that was in there, and then headed for the basement  "But there is one decision I've made I know was the right one." she stopped at the door and looked at Leviathan "You" she then stepped in, closed the door and locked it behind her, leaving Leviathan and Charir in the living floor without giving them a chance to follow her or ask any further questions. 

It wasn't easy to understand what Ruby actually meant with 'you', sure it was clearly targeted at Leviathan, but it was said in the same cold way that Ruby always spoke in, so one could only guess what decision it was talking about, or in what context was it good? Business, personal, Charir, some other goal she hadn't mentioned yet?

Charir meanwhile, was happy to have a new cloudy playmate back, he knew it wasn't a real creature, and that Leviathan was the one behind it, but he didn't care, it was nice to have someone to jump around with, besides, he was so starved for fun that Leviathan could probably make him happy by just dangling a cat's toy in front of him. 

Ruby would be away for twenty or so minutes, after which she would come out of the basement with a bag of presumably reading material.

----------------------------------------------

The siblings didn't care about the attention they were getting, they were too focused on the matter at hand, and frankly, it wasn't like they could do anything about it. 

Trox dropped the drone in the bag "I have no idea if it's dangerous, these have been purposely made so that they are useless to the enemy in case of capture, so I have never fiddled with them, and it is possible there's traps for anyone who tries to do something with them, so while we don't like him, it would probably be good to at least show this to Solar before anyone else starts playing with it, just in case, he is objectively the most qualified one at the moment when it comes to dealing with weapons from our world." just because they didn't trust him, didn't mean they couldn't acknowledge the facts, sure Trox too knew quite a lot, but only those in the military knew about the most high-tech stuff, Trox was some generations behind when it came to weapons, and with things like this it was even more complicated, because these were custom made for the controller, and thus were always unique when compared to...well, anything.

"I think we are past 'Searching for' at this point, but sure, it's not like we know what you wanted to ask anyway." Sheska remarked, she wasn't being the friendliest possible, but then again, they still didn't like guards, even ones helping them.  If nothing else was said and nothing happened, the two would spend rest of the way talking to each other in their own language, while also staying more alert, scanning the skies now and then for more drones. 

If nothing continued to happen, they'd arrive to the Tavern and Chega would go to pay for extra room, there wasn't many free, but she managed to get a room for Sheska and Trox, though she suggested they'd go to her and Sear's room for the discussion since it was bigger and thus it was easier for 3 kobolds, a dragon and a pony to fit there. The siblings agreed. The room was nothing too special, there was 2 beds, a table with chairs, and bit of storage space; only one of the beds had seemingly been used.

@flutterJackdash @AuroraGlimmer

On 2022-10-19 at 4:02 PM, Delilah Dusk said:

"My state? I was dizzy, so I lay down," she explained, "I'm not sure what more of my state you saw than I felt, but either way... I am grateful for your aid, just not for disregarding boundaries."

"Another draconequus? How unusual!" Delilah says, "I wonder if Discord would be interested to know that he really isn't the only one?"

"When you're dazed, and barely look able to stand, nor are willing to open your heads, due to a headache, it leaves you vulnerable. In other words, you'd be prey. I did not consider it worthwhile to risk that."

"And I'd ah, assume that Discord would be aware, considering how many are known of. Then again, I ah, do recall him spending a long time in stone. Perhaps he's not been as ah, informed, as one could hope?

This one is ah, new to me, but there's a few well known ones, that I have heard of at least. Gluttony is supposedly somewhere in the far south of Equestria, and Fright is ah, somewhere. I am not sure where. Rumor has it that her ah, portals to her temple, have shown up in multiple places. I don't know a lot about Gluttony, but ah, Fright is supposedly running a ah, meditation center."

"I heard of one called Avarice, that were around the Dragon Isles, a few centuries ago. Don't know where that one went."

Draconequui were not exactly an extinct race. More like... Spread all over the world, with a fair bit in some kind of self imposed slumber, imprisoned, or mingling in some fashion, with the mortal races. Or lived in isolation, enjoying the pure chaos they could have in their own little pocket of the world, without any pesky ponies or such, trying to fight them. It were generally speaking, considered wise to just leave those who isolated, to their own thing.

"Uh... your impression is correct," Delilah says, a little uncomfortable, "It isn't common practice, but neither is there any law forbidding it. And it isn't an Equestrian tradition, but a Mythralian one, which is what my husband and two of my wives are. I still am not used to seeing them eat meat, though. But... we do love each other, and care for each other, so right now even while I worry for my foals I know they are in fine hooves and won't lack for love."

"He does seem to have a good handle on that teleport magic of his," Delilah remarks, shifting her weight slightly on the dragon's shoulder, "Um... No one called you an idiot, nor even implied such a thing, so I'm entirely sure from where you are taking offense. Is curiosity such a nuisance to you?"

"I am not certain what a Mythralian is, nor did I know there were meat eating ponies. Interesting. Something to read up on some day. And I am not judging you for your ways. If it works for you, and isn't hurting anyone, then why should I care? I just find it peculiar, is all, as I had not heard of that before.

Also, I am not saying any of you called me an idiot. I am saying the general dragon are idiots. I'm a scholar, and thus, have faced the consistent, near-sighted barrage of th-"

"Oh.. oh no," she gets out before, "P-Put me down! Quickly! Please!"

Nerzhei were interrupted in her rant, as Delilah, seemed to need to get down, and quickly. She assumed some sort of vomiting episode were approaching, and thus quickly did put the mare down on the ground. She didn't throw her though. She wasn't a savage. The mare would get down there safely.

Honey would come rushing over, concerned at what were happening, just as Skittles were.

On 2022-10-20 at 12:59 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

"oh no, miss Delilah, are you okay?"

"D-Dearest me. Is everything okay?"

On 2022-10-20 at 12:59 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

"I liketo read, I don't understand why some ponies think that books are for eating"

As Delilah had her... Episode, Nerzhei would answer something that she had meant to answer, before the interruption had come.

"You'd be surprised, how little history is valued, among dragons."

Tradition were valued, but history itself? Not so much. Especially not when said history were ancient, and controversial, such as what she had been researching.

==============================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-10-20 at 11:31 AM, Kujamih said:

" yourself I see... Then truly... Someone smart must've shown you how to chain yourself." Light ponders.

"Somepony smart indeed."

It had been a smart one really. A detective, that had managed to single out Alonsus, among the rest of those he had been mingling with, and had him taken in for some talks. Not at the official police station, but in random other locations. Really played up, that the two of them were friends, over a long period of time, whilst bluntly telling the large earth pony, what his options were, in regards to his investigation.

They had needed an insider. A snitch, that the gang would trust, and Alonsus had gotten doubts, over the years, but not seen a way out. The detective had noticed that, and thus, Alonsus had been his primary target.

Turning on them, gave him a chance, that he'd otherwise not have, but he were still not liked by the locals, and he were still restricted, as he were on a long parole. Perhaps someday, he'd be given a chance to go back again, but for the time being, staying far away, were the best way, for him to live his life, and that of the others, that he left behind. The locals were fair after all. They wouldn't go after them, because of him. The few who might, were rotting in jail, and probably none the wiser regardless.

On 2022-10-20 at 11:31 AM, Kujamih said:

" No one voluntarily chains oneself, unless someone shows them a reason too. For example... I chained myself to her now." He lovingly stares at Shark.

" I guess tomorrow we're going to the big shiny reef. " He adds. 

"And you have made a wise choice, in doing so. It is rather clear you have affection to one another. Alonsus sees it clearly, and others do too, I am certain. May your days be merry and plentiful, as they say.

Ah, but if you wish to retreat for the night, let not Alonasus stop you. Go, enjoy your night, and eventually, we may come to meet once more. If you seek me, you will likely find that the great Alonsus, works tirelessly most days, in the employ, of Straw Hat, over at Sloppy Joe's."

"Sleep time? Okay. B-yyyye. Bye. Bye bye, big friend!"

Shark would wave enthusiastically, though if this were actually goodbye, were up to Light. Though they did have classes tomorrow, so might be an idea to get some sleep.

=========================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-10-21 at 1:09 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That sounds like you are determined to understand. It may not look like it, but you don’t let setbacks stop you. From what I understand, that’s about as good as not losing hope as I could see, and it’s admirable that you can think of that so casually. Maybe things won’t make sense now, but the more you put the pieces together, the more they’ll begin to create a clearer picture.” 

"Many things have not made sense to me before, then something does later. I do not mind waiting. Maybe someday, when I understand everything right, I can be like real ponies.

If there are still ponies then. I saw many creatures, long ago. Some I do not anymore. Even the ones, that Master Discord, did not change. Except for the squirrels. The ones he made, are still around. Brothers master made him look like one."

They were not exactly the same, as they had lost their od powers, but they looked the same. Discord would likely be pleased with that, as it were a little sliver of chaos, that he left in the world, that - in his eyes - all would have had the chance to enjoy, in his absence.

“You’re right about that. So many tastes, and even if there is some overlap, I won’t be able to get all of them. But, bread is simple, and the best I could do is to make bread that many ponies will enjoy. Take those crescent-shaped croissants, for example. It’s all just regular bread, but bits of it flake off, and the bread itself tastes buttery. It doesn’t look much, but it is something ponies enjoy. Not everything has to be complicated to be special; its simple taste is enough. For you, I could try some special recipes, but I suppose that will mean doing some research on spicy bread. Wonder if I could do something with chillies… This might be a little special project for me; call it a challenge to impress your tastebuds!”

Omen listened, but briefly, had an idea. One which would have her seem like she were having a gagging reflex for a few seconds. Then her mouth would open, and out would come a small bottle, which her tongue were wrapped around.

She'd rise her hoof slowly, and set it on that, and as the tongue unwrapped, it would show this to be the bottle she had gotten at the carnival, carrying the usual signs, that were associated with dragon chili sauce. Namely, the naming label, and just so, so many warning signs, basically boiling down to *Not safe for anyone*, in a few languages.

"We were somewhere, in a forest, yesterday. Someone there sold these. It tastes like fire."

She'd pop the cork off, as the unmistakable smell of dragon chili came wafting out. Which basically smelled so hot, that it could made your nose hairs curl from a distance. She'd then dip her tongue in the bottle, getting a few drops, and would slide it into her mouth. After a second or so, smoke would bellow out of her nostrils, and a small ember escaped the side of her mouth. It didn't last for much longer than that, but it should show the authenticity of the product. Which weren't her intention. She just wanted to taste this, and would put the cork on again afterwards.

"It says chili on the bottle, yes? The vendor said it did. It taste like the other bottle I drank. Very varm."

As for Munchkin, Shrimp sort of replying to her chattering was an interesting development. Mewing usually works for ponies, and that would get their attention most of the time. With the refraction, it appears that using a different vocalization method might be something, though it was odd that a sound normally used for birds would be the thing that caused a different reaction. Maybe this reptilian-looking creature is something more than its appearance suggests? 

For now, the cat continued chattering to see if it could get Shrimp to poke out his head more often, then switch to its usual calm mewing to let him and Hammond know that she isn’t being hostile. Trying to rile up some reactions may have been an interesting experiment, but knowing that these creatures are friends with the odd visitors from the day before, maybe the refraction could also be a friend.

Shrimp seemed to slowy get a little bit braver, and would bit by bit, inch closer to the cat. Eventually - with his heart racing in his scaly chest - he'd cautiously get close enough, to poke the cat with the very tip of his tail, and then would instantly fall back, expecting retaliation. If that did not happen, he'd try a few more times, but now not rushing away again as fast, and if things went well, would eventually try and poke the cat's paw, with one of the claws, on his small arms. Maybe this large, furry thing, wasn't so bad as he had thought... Or it were all a trick, and it would munch on him soon. He would see.

“Ghilan may not look like it, but he can be tough when he needs to be. After all, he was training to be a forest hunter, something we both share even though I turned out to be a wreck before I could get back on my feet. Don’t worry though, we’ll be around him more frequently, so we could help him out when he needs us.”

“I suppose we’ll need to plan around how we’ll be communicating with each other moving forward. Might needs some paper for that one if we’ll be sending messages in case Omen can’t get a message directly to you. Hmm… now that I think of it, she could just open a gate directly to wherever you’ll be, so that might not be an issue. You think we should talk to her about setting boundaries?”

“Could be worth a try to see how that’ll work. We don’t want to cause unnecessary scares with Omen suddenly showing up in the middle of the night to let you know how things are going.”

"I think that we can set some boundaries with Omen, and likely should, as it would help her integrate into polite society better. Small steps though. I would advise that we might begin, by letting her know that if she transports herself, and find her target in one of a few situation, that she should retreat, or at least ask if they were busy. I'd think the simplest ones would be if they were using a toilet, were sleeping, or appeared to be in a meeting. We can branch out in time, but I'd be concerned that we might be too hasty, and would have her misunderstand something, were we to try too many things at once.

In regards to messages, if Omen isn't available, I can introduce you to a few couriers, and aliases of mine, that you can use, in case you need to leave me a message. I cannot say for sure when I would receive it, but it should be something that would lead to me getting the notice you want, as intended. In turn, I'd ask for how to contact you, in case I were unavailable to connect directly to you.

And Ghilan seems like a fine longma, but I am one who believe in facts, rather than bolstering. The more he proves his meddle, the more trust I will have, in regards to his abilities. If you think of him as highly as it seems, I cannot imagine it would then take long for him, to show me something reassuring."

================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-10-22 at 10:20 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm not fan of weapon use either, so using magic to enchant physical capabilities isn't any better or worse than using pure magic." Ruby stated as she opened the door, letting the others in before going in herself "But as I have stated before, I draw a distinction between use and reliance, and while I do understand the necessity for those like yourself, it doesn't make you any less weak, are you powerful? yes, but strong? don't be ridiculous."

Leviathan merely shrugged her shoulders at this notion.

"Eh. I'm strong enough to survive, so I figure I'm doing alright."

In fairness, she wasn't the strongest out there. She were a powerful magic user, but there were better, and physically, there were definitely stronger. But she didn't want to be the strongest, or the top of the food chain. Leadership and responsibility? Didn't set well with her, and neither were conquest, or fighting for the sake of fighting. She taught herself magic to survive, and now, wanted to get stronger, because she thought it was fun, and to test her limits. So fair enough, that in Ruby's eyes, she weren't considered strong. To each their own, yeah? Didn't mean they couldn't get along.

"But there is one decision I've made I know was the right one." she stopped at the door and looked at Leviathan "You" she then stepped in, closed the door and locked it behind her, leaving Leviathan and Charir in the living floor without giving them a chance to follow her or ask any further questions. 

Leviathan were a little stunned, when Ruby said that last part. She had just... Not expected it, in any sort of way, and yet there it were. Something that really... It was kinda sweet, actually. Made her feel a little warm in the cheeks, as this were probably the nicest thing, that another dragon had said to her, in several years. And she weren't sure if the last time counted, considering how absolutely smashed the two of them were. Dear ancestors, the headache the day after...

But she did not have a chance to respond, before Ruby had wandered off, and left the two of them alone. No fun in that honestly. She should've allowed her, to make a response about this. But since she left though... Might as well see if they couldn't make a visual lesson with Charir.

Charir meanwhile, was happy to have a new cloudy playmate back, he knew it wasn't a real creature, and that Leviathan was the one behind it, but he didn't care, it was nice to have someone to jump around with, besides, he was so starved for fun that Leviathan could probably make him happy by just dangling a cat's toy in front of him. 

Ruby would be away for twenty or so minutes, after which she would come out of the basement with a bag of presumably reading material.

She'd come back, to find a whole circus of small, elemental looking dragons. Leviathan were using them to visually, show Charir the affinity, and weaknesses, of the elemental variations. Water beat fire, fire beat air, air beat earth, and earth beat water. There were some variations as to why that were a thing, that she'd show - as how air would fly out of earth's range, and water would douse fire - but it were fairly simplistic, and all shown without words, since he didn't understand her anyway.

Then she'd also have shown him, what elements tended to get along. With for instance, water and air being chummy, and earth and fire being friendly. Then water and fire, as well as air and earth, really not getting along, with hissing, and fire etc. being spewed towards them.

She'd be in the middle of - between the dozen or so, small elemental dragons she were using for her little presentation - how a water and air dragon got together (a cloud, and a rain dragon, in this case), made a small egg, that would hatch into a dragon, that looked like a wet cloud, in the shape of her. To give him some idea, what it were that she were.

"Oh hey. I figured out a way to try and teach him some basics of dragon elemental magic, and affinity. I dunno if it's working, but it's pretty fun."

She'd flick her hand, and a thundercloud dragon would show, looking like Charir as a miniature, then a bigger one, with some pinker nuances, by making use of some water and specs of dirt, to look like Ruby. She'd have them gather up with the one looking like her, and stand around, bopping up and down in the air. She wished she could do a proper fire one, but she had to settle for some alternatives, until she'd one day hopefully, be able to master that sorta thing proper. Cause right now, she could technically do a small... Oh yeah, she could try here!

She'd concentrate, and try to gather up some light in front of her. And it did show. For the briefest of moments, a radiant, warm dragon of sunlight, would stand proud, looking vaguely like Ruby... But it would dissipate quickly.

"Bugger Someday, this is gonna work. Ain't proper weather control, until I get sun down too, and you would've looked so cool. It's just a right pain in the tail, to keep stable. It's fleeting as all heck."

===========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Trox dropped the drone in the bag "I have no idea if it's dangerous, these have been purposely made so that they are useless to the enemy in case of capture, so I have never fiddled with them, and it is possible there's traps for anyone who tries to do something with them, so while we don't like him, it would probably be good to at least show this to Solar before anyone else starts playing with it, just in case, he is objectively the most qualified one at the moment when it comes to dealing with weapons from our world."

"Duly noted. I'll make sure to let the Solar Guards know, that this is specifically for his eyes, as he'd be able to get the most from it. Or in case we run into him again. For now, I'll keep this with me."

Harpoon would seal the bag, and put it on her back for now. She didn't have her saddlebag with her right now, and frankly, that were annoying her a bit, as this should have been in there. *sigh* She just had to make due with what she had, yeah? At least until she could get to the improvised guard station, that her saddlebag were in currently.

"I think we are past 'Searching for' at this point, but sure, it's not like we know what you wanted to ask anyway."

Harpoon did not take it personal, that they didn't seem to like her all that much. The background, as she had been told it, did not allow them to feel too chummy around guards, and that were fine. Long as they weren't outright attacking her, she'd just gloss over it.

"I just think, that some things are best discussed, when you're not around too many prying eyes and ears. I have to think of the civilians reaction too. Especially with the tensions high, due to the assassin."

She'd say the last words especially low, as to makes ure it weren't heard. It were just not okay with her, to try to spread panic. It were not looking like a lot right now, but she noted the small hints around others. The heightened awareness, how they clustered, some facial traits, etc. The mood in town, were somewhat on edge. It did not have to spark into a full on panic, as that would just cause more issues.

If nothing continued to happen, they'd arrive to the Tavern and Chega would go to pay for extra room, there wasn't many free, but she managed to get a room for Sheska and Trox, though she suggested they'd go to her and Sear's room for the discussion since it was bigger and thus it was easier for 3 kobolds, a dragon and a pony to fit there. The siblings agreed. The room was nothing too special, there was 2 beds, a table with chairs, and bit of storage space; only one of the beds had seemingly been used.

Just before they reached the inn, something would in fact happen. Harpoon would halt them, and draw her trident, then stab it right over the door to the inn. From there, fell a couple of knives. It looked like they were just placed there haphazardly, but the angle, the way they were placed to be easily moved with, and had been hidden in the shades... These had meant to fall down on somepony. Specifically she'd thin, on the kobolds, as they'd go here. They were easy to make fall, blade down, and seemed to have some kind of faintly blue liquid, dripped on the blade. Poison, she'd imagine. Likely meant to be hit with a pebble or something from afar, to trigger them falling down, and causing some sort of damage on those two.

She'd look around, trying to spot something on one of the roofs, but no. There'd be nothing there. Pointless to give chase now, as the villain were likely hiding well out of her reach at this point. By the ocean, did she hate professionals... For now, she'd just have to take the knives, then ask for a small box or something, in the in, that she could use for a container, after putting them in yet another evidence bag. Sharp blades, did not stay easily in these.

She'd enter with the others, and follow Chega, as she went to speak with the tavernkeeper. Though she'd refuse a place to rest herself there, as well as drawing out a small pouch of bits from her armor. Always wise, to have some emergency bits on you, just in case, and she refused to let these cover the price of her presence. She were perfectly able, to pay her own share.

One they'd be situated in the room, Harpoon would check the windows, and close them, once she felt certain they were not mined, in some manner. Then she'd return, and face them. It appeared to be time to talk.

"So, the question I wished to ask, before... Circumstances happened. I wish to know, what you think will happen, now that she knows you are here. And furthermore, will my presence, in that, cause potential issues? If she hates ponies, and guards in particular, might there be complications, now that she have seen me escort you around?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

They'd say their goodbyes and leave. 

Light would try to escort Shark to her room... Or pond....

He recalls it's near his room so he went to that direction.

Of course Light can't fully escort her underwater. He'd either swim or float above it, dive a bit?

He'd invite shark if she wants to experience a bed. He would of course sleep on the floor for her. 

Edited by Kujamih

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"When you're dazed, and barely look able to stand, nor are willing to open your heads, due to a headache, it leaves you vulnerable. In other words, you'd be prey. I did not consider it worthwhile to risk that."

"And I'd ah, assume that Discord would be aware, considering how many are known of. Then again, I ah, do recall him spending a long time in stone. Perhaps he's not been as ah, informed, as one could hope?

This one is ah, new to me, but there's a few well known ones, that I have heard of at least. Gluttony is supposedly somewhere in the far south of Equestria, and Fright is ah, somewhere. I am not sure where. Rumor has it that her ah, portals to her temple, have shown up in multiple places. I don't know a lot about Gluttony, but ah, Fright is supposedly running a ah, meditation center."

"I heard of one called Avarice, that were around the Dragon Isles, a few centuries ago. Don't know where that one went."

Draconequui were not exactly an extinct race. More like... Spread all over the world, with a fair bit in some kind of self imposed slumber, imprisoned, or mingling in some fashion, with the mortal races. Or lived in isolation, enjoying the pure chaos they could have in their own little pocket of the world, without any pesky ponies or such, trying to fight them. It were generally speaking, considered wise to just leave those who isolated, to their own thing.

@Blitz Boom

"D-Dearest me. Is everything okay?"

Nerzhei were interrupted in her rant, as Delilah, seemed to need to get down, and quickly. She assumed some sort of vomiting episode were approaching, and thus quickly did put the mare down on the ground. She didn't throw her though. She wasn't a savage. The mare would get down there safely.

Honey would come rushing over, concerned at what were happening, just as Skittles were.

As soon as her hooves touch ground she canters to a nearby shrub and releases the contents of her stomach into it, followed by a few dry retches and a good deal of spitting after that.

"Ugh..." Delilah says breathlessly as she spits one last time, then drags a foreleg across her muzzle, "Okay... okay... I think that's... that's done now... I'm sorry about that."

She takes this moment, after opening her eyes, to have a look around before sighing and trotting back over to Nerzhei, Honey, and Skittles.

"Right, I'm not trying to be insulting... I'm trying to set boundaries, and despite my frustrations you are without the slightest hint of remorse. I know you have no way of knowing from looking on the outside, but I'm not at my best when being carried away by unknown entities. Don't know that anyone would be, there is a degree of sensitivity that should go into dealing with this sort of situation, not simply a visual assessment and physical reaction with no introduction or explanation. I wasn't weak, just dizzy, and I lay down of my own volition because of that. You never even asked if I could try to open my eyes, just saw that they were squeezed shut and made an assumption. In fact, it is your friend here that made the introductions since you hadn't bothered with a proper hello much less a greeting for me."

Delilah exhales after this sudden rant, sighing again, "Okay... I'm sorry. I really am grateful for your help though. Though I have no idea what you mean when you say I was unwilling to open my heads."

"oh no, miss Delilah, are you okay?"

@AuroraGlimmer

"I'm okay, I think?" she says, "I still have a headache, but I didn't feel quite so bad when I trotted back over here to you."

She stands and stretches out her legs, while her wings remain at her sides, "I don't feel like I'll win any marathons in the near future, but I think I might be able to at least trot on my own from here."