Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@AuroraGlimmer

"Yes, they are quite ah, good. I find myself fond of a good stew at times."

Their cook were talented, albeit rather intimidating. The scars, that looked like something large had bit into him rather hard, on both his face and stomach, combined with his militaristic atmosphere, tended to make others worried around him. But Chop Chop were undeniably, a good cook. He were also one of the few ponies you'd find, perfectly fine with not just cooking meat, but preparing it from scratch. Which made this a good place for travelling griffons, and other meat eaters.

Sloppy Joe's were just a place of good workers, with their own issues, that made them hard to have employed elsewhere. Chop Chop scared folks, Long Stare tended to spook others, as she were so silent, Berry Swirl were a conspiracy nut, Frizzle were a nervous wreck, and Alonsus... Well, he were not bad, but it tended to tire folks, to be too near him, for too long.

A special bunch, but all had their employment here, and all of 'em, were generally doing well. The place had good profits, so it just showed that their boss, Straw Hat, were right, when he argued to critics, that it didn't matter how quirky the staff might be. Long as they did their work well, and didn't hurt anypony.

"As for the ah, pet situation, I will think of it. Thank you for the offer of assistance."

Entering the premise, they'd see there were a fair bit of customers already, but most were at their tables, or about to exit. Sloppy Joe's were primarily a coffee shop, this time of day, so this were fairly standard. Though the kitchen were still hot and going, with a few dishes being prepared.

THe look were fairly standard, for a cafe. Small tables and optional chairs, a large menu behind the desk, presented on the wall, and the clerk there, merrily humming away, as she blended another cup, of freshly ground coffee. A pumpkin mixture, it smelled like, as they got closer. They could chose to sit at a table, and wait, or go to the desk. If they went to the desk, Berry Swirl would be the one to greet them.

KAD8103.jpg

"Hey, I remember you! The honey guy. Double caramel latte, with a cinnamon stick, yeah?"

"Y-Yes, that's ah, correct. And a bowl of uh... Today's special, perhaps?"

"Uuuh, feeling risky, eh? Hehe. Nah, it's just Spicy Thornwood Stew. Ease up. And what of your friend here? What's your choice, hon? We got loads, and I brew a mean coffee."

Berry were... Special, as she for instance, tended to rummage through trash at night at times, looking for clues about her *grand conspiracy*, but she were a good barista. That couldn't be denied.

And if they sat at the table, then within a minute, a low voice would suddenly, without warning, be behind Skittles.

"Hello. Are you ready to order?"

0dPt805.png

Long Stare were the waitress in this place. She didn't have to per se, as she were set well enough, but it were a good way for her to socialize, so she liked showing up at work. She still tended to spook 80%+ of the customers though, as she were just too quiet. Always ended up suddenly being behind one, asking one something, and that tended to spook others.

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-09-04 at 1:05 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Before I answer the question, I'd like to point out that his instinct is not to kill right away, and rather, it is to warn first." She of course meant herself too when speaking about instinct, but since this was a public place, she decided to avoid rising any questions and spoke only about Charir. "You may have noticed that annoyance is often shown with puff of smoke towards the source of the annoyance, this is because hot smoke irritates most creatures, and thus it is done to give them a chance to understand their mistake." "The more....violent approach, is not instinct, but rather, it is nurture, a learned reflex." "When you grow up in an environment where 'kill or be killed' is a true rule, you learn that it is better to kill the harmless than leave a potential threat alive." "With your insistence about teaching Charir to not harm the innocent, you show that you have slightly fallen for the pony narrative of dragons, Charir is young, he is not yet reached the age where all he knows is violence, rather, he's just scared." she lowered her voice to avoid eavesdropping for her next words "My point being, do not judge him based on me, he has not lived through the violence I have, and one could argue he is in certain aspects smarter than myself, as he understood in 20 years what took me almost 200 years to realize, there is no future in the Homelands." 

"I'm not judging him overly harshly, I'm just concerned, y'know? I get where you're coming from, about it better to be safe, than sorry, but around here, it more often than not, would lead to problems. Call it the pony narrative if you'd like, but in my opinion, it's better to be able to traverse, and exploit society freely, rather than being hunted by it. That requires some degree of conforming to the norms, I guess you could say, but it's the lesser of two evils.

And I get the smoke part. That's one thing we all got in common. It's the preferred way of showing annoyance for the local dragons too. Not me. I prefer a bit of ice, but you know, not every dragon is magical."

Leviathan were well aware, that to some degree, she were a conformist. She preferred to think that she were just adaptable, but fact were that she had to give up some overly violent tendencies at times, to be able to move freely in society. But that were a good thing, in her mind, regardless of how it might seem to others. Cause in society, were all the cool stuff, and if you went full on stereotype, with fire, murder, and theft, that wouldn't last long. Bit of theft, and some fire though, could work fine. Ruby seemed fine after all. Not hunted down or anything. Would be different, if she left a slew of desiccated corpses everywhere. At least here in Equestria.

"He feels the way he feels, and there's good reason for it. And really, I'm still mostly just proud of him, for doing as well as he is doing. Doesn't understand the language, the culture, or the customs, and he's handling it pretty gracefully. First time I went to equine society, I ended up in a jail cell for three weeks, wrapped up tightly in chains, and with four anti-magic rings stuck to me. I don't remember the details myself, but the report the guards presented me with, talked of some fires, frozen ponies, and foal juggling. I were pretty hammered, so I dunno for sure.

That's also why I ain't drinking Voltage Wine anymore. That stuff tastes like nothing to worry about, and then suddenly, it kicks your brain out, and moves in. So I dunno if the charges were right, but the foal juggling sounds true. Juggling the pups were pretty popular in the flock, cause the little ones got a massive kick out of it."

Drunk in public, could be rather disastrous, when it came to dragons. All things considered, she had gotten off easy. She still hadn't been welcome in Deltrot though, for fifty years, after that.

On 2022-09-04 at 1:05 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But for the books..." she then said changing the topic without giving time for direct response "....Firstly, I can assure you, you have never seen them before, as they are not some mass printed material you can find from nearby library, while I did copy some of the text into new materials due to the fragility of the originals, and to make them more convenient to read, they are the only copies in existence." "In short. as I think I slightly mentioned when talking about my time in the ravine, they are some kind of journals and research logs about the homelands, the creatures living there, history, and things like that, written by unknown individual, and based on the condition of some of them, the oldest material is easily millennia or more old." "For the material that is relevant, there's few specific ones, and while I've called them books, not all of them are books. First is a set of scrolls explaining the written alphabet and rules of what for simplicity we shall call the Local Draconic, and rest are books translating that to this language, both written and spoken." "I dare to claim that it is enough for his studies, as it was enough for me to teach myself, and I had never even heard of this language, I also didn't know how to read." 

"Huh, well ain't that something? I just figured it were local books, and not something more impressive like that.

Y'know, once he's done learning from them, have you ever considered selling that sort of literature? Even if you just let folks make copies, based of off of what is in your originals, that stuff can sell for a high price. New information is always the sort that'll find a market. Not pushing anything, just wondering, since it'd increase your hoard, and I'd like to help you. Presenting options are a help, yeah?

Regardless of that though, this is still mighty interesting. Mind if I read along with him, when it is? If I could learn your tongue, we'd have some way to chatter, that others couldn't just easily understand in turn. And if I did follow you back sometimes, I'd be able to understand a bit better, what were being said to me. Though I get the feeling mostly it's rather obvious. Not a lot of misinterpretation possible, in someone trying to tear off your face. Most of the time.

Gonna be mighty interesting, that's for sure. How long did it take for you to learn it, actually? Must've been a few years at least, I'd imagine, if you had to learn to read first. Which ain't easy to do on your own, I'd wager."

Wouldn't be too long after this, that they'd roll into Ponyville. The train were a nice time to just talk things out, but it were sure gonna be good to just get some dirt under their claws again.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Harpoon rose a hoof, and pressed it against her forehead. Felt like she were getting a migraine, from what she had just been told. Quite frankly, she'd think it ludicrous, but with everything else she were seeing with these three, she couldn't really get far, without having an open mind about things, so she had to try and believe it, to a certain extend. Were rather clear they weren't local at least, and banishments working both ways, made sense, but... Jeez, was this just one messy pile of stuff, that'd end up causing more grief than good, from the sound of it.

"So let me see if I got this right... All three of you, are from another world, and Sheez are from there too. In that world, ponies made kobolds slaves, and that's made it so that some like Sheez, have a burning hatred for Equines, and kills them. Messily and bodies in plain sight, to leave a message. She is also a traitor, because she did as said slavers told her, and caused untold amounts of deaths everywhere.

She is now here. Beyond her years, and somehow augmented to do that, and still be an efficient killing machine. Who now have no masters, unknown goals, are somewhere none of you have any idea about, and are apparently dangerous enough, that regular means will not work. Is that about right?"

She'd wait to receive confirmation, or corrections, in this manner, before she'd continue. Cause... Man, this was a mess.

"Assuming it's all correct, what measures will work on her then? No one is impervious to everything. There's always some manner, magical or natural, to deal with something. General Tidal Wave needs to be aware of what it may be, in case she reaches our shores. Also so that if she does decide to live out her days away from others, on say, one of the minor islands, or one of the abandoned coastal towns, we'll know to mark the area as dangerous, and have tourists diverted from the area. We don't need blood spilled, if it can be avoided."

"Seems you have plenty to focus on, so I will return to my patient. Let me know, if you find the one who poisoned her."

The doctor had remained silent, and just listened in for a while now, but it seemed like her involvement with things, were no longer needed. She were cut off from hearing things proper (if the shield were still up), yet even if she wasn't, it didn't seem to involve her patient, or the local assault anymore. And if it were, not in a way she could do a lot against anyway. She may be spry for her age, but she were not keen on the idea, of chasing after killers. That sorta thing, were best left to the youthful, who knew how to swing a blade, whilst doctors like her, should stay and treat the wounded.

Onache wouldn't wake up for likely several days, and she'd remain observation until then, so it were unlikely that the assassin would come back for her. Doubly so, as unless they went around telling everyone otherwise, the assassin would likely think the queen were dead, and her body in quarantine. The kobold siblings however, were another matter entirely.

"Is there any good news you can tell me? Anything at all, or is it all simply some variation, of the fact that - with all due respect - evil spills from your realm? And how big of a chance is there, that more is gonna come along too?"

General Tidal Wave were gonna be alarmed, when eventually the news were gonna come her way. Sure they were used to things just coming out of seemingly nowhere, as the ocean had many creatures, and some sought only the shore, to hunt, or cause trouble. Yet a seemingly powerful kobold, augmented, and difficult to deal with, without a placement, or motivation set... This were an unknown entity, of a disturbing magnitude, she'd say.

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-09-06 at 1:34 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Once she was done with her meal, she’d wait to see what Hammond would do after finishing his meal, but this was an opportunity to explore this new place. The cat would disappear into different places in the evening in Old Canterlot, but the bakery was about as close to a home as she could get. The baker was nice enough to leave a pet bed and bowl around for her during most of the day, but nighttime was a different story. That was when she’d look around for a secluded spot in an alley or under a dumpster to sleep. Here? As soon as she saw the bed, she immediately took that as a sign to return to Hammond, gently bite into his paw, and pull him over to the general direction of the bed. 

This home still felt somewhat uneasy, possibly hostile to a certain degree. For now, the cat would just sit in the bed and see if Hammond might make more weird gestures. This was a new place to her, and she’d latch on to something that could comfort her before she’d go to sleep, or if not, a sign that would tell her to go back to Old Canterlot and await the next morning. After all, she still had a routine that involved waiting for the baker to open the shop and have something to eat come daybreak.

As they had stopped eating, Hammond would assume that the cat might want to rest, and thus, had led Munchkin out of the kitchen. They'd pass down a hall with a lustrous, velvet carpet, and some artwork on the walls, before making a left down a similar looking hallway, and then passing three doors. After passing the third, they'd get to one, that had a catflap in it. Recently installed, with the word *Hammond* engraved upon the pure silver, in a decorative font. There were also a small window further up, in the same door, in case he preferred to fly. Scarcity had though it best, that he had both options.

Inside, were a storage room, with boxes upon boxes, of well sealed things, though a section had been cleaned to the right, wherein Hammond's quarters were. A bed large enough for them both to fit in easily, if they wished to, were stationed in the middle of a solid, oaken cat tower, with scratch poles, and several ways one could rest. Including a small *cave*, the fluffy bed on the flat surface, and some dangling beds further up. All of it, in exquisite details, and high quality. Perhaps not what one would think, seeing how Hammond weren't a pet, per se, but she had found he had seemingly enjoyed it, when they had been out and shopping around for things, and the mimic's he were molded after, did tend to have a tendency, for liking resting places, at various heights. She had also pretty much bought it on the spot, as he had spend a half hour in the wheel, getting to terms with his new body, and how it were meant to be moved. It seemed well fitting for him.

Neko Goten Cat Tower is Luxurious and Safe Playground for Cats

(something like this, but with a couple of hammocks strung up, etc. on an extra section above this. All resting places, would be covered on the inside, with soft fluff, for a better resting area)

There were some food there too. Some snacks like in the kitchen, as well as high quality vegetarian food, and sparkling water. The water were replaced three times per day, if he needed it, or not. Just in case.

Whenever Munchkin decided on a space to rest in, Hammond would scurry over, and pull out a small blanket, from one of the bottom compartments, and come back with it, offering it to Munchkin. He saw most creatures that slept, seemed to like this, so he'd give that, if she wished for it. After that, he'd bounce closer, and pet the cat on the head again, if she seemed to be okay with it. Then either continue, if she seemed she'd like that, or stop, jump back, and just look, then wave, and roll down himself nearby, where he could see her. His tail were rather fluffy, and made for a good pillow. He wouldn't rest, but he'd as happily observe Munchkin as she did, as he'd pet her throughout the night, if that were her preference.

Regardless, he wouldn't lead her out, or toss her out. And if she slept there, then eventually, it would be morning. Being marked by the distinct sound of somepony outside the door, moving about. Just a bit, before there were a knock at the door, and it opened, to reveal: A filly. Chipper and looking like she needed to run a comb through her mane and tail, but she didn't much care about that, as much as looking for Hammond, who'd meet her not long after, and engage in some hoofsigns with her. And if Munchkin would show after, she'd look with big eyes, and an even bigger smile, whilst waving at the cat. She did not know who this were, but it were nice seeing Hammond make friends. Unless Munchkin hid, in which case, she'd just eventually move out, and to the right, headed towards the bathroom.

If Munchkin wanted to get out, during the night, before dawn broke, Hammond would follow her there, and see where she tried to get to. If she seemed like she wanted to get out, she could probably make him understand that, in some way.

On 2022-09-06 at 1:34 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I… It’s just… I didn’t think you’d be watching me so… closely this time. Opening my eyes to you staring at me was unexpected, and that scared me good. Don’t take it the wrong way; everything happened so suddenly there was little time to think, but there’s no harm done. I’m all right now.”

Sen had regained his composure by then, and upon looking around the room and seeing its condition, he’d hate to leave it in its current state. He was Rosa’s guest, and he’d opt to do some cleaning up for this room, like the blanket Omen draped over him the night before.

“How about we do a bit of cleaning in this room? Or at least make the bed look as good as new? It doesn’t seem right that we leave this room the way it is right now, and Rosa might appreciate us being considerate.”

"So I should not stand that close? Okay. I understand."

It sounded to her at least, like the issue were that she had been right in his face, and thus, the first thing he saw, were her eyes. Apparently, that startled him? Was this something related to sleep, or something else? Probably sleep, yes? She had seen others, react odd, right ass they woke up. Maybe they did not register things as simply, when they first woke up? It were possible. Or they reset in some way, like she did, when she shut down. Sometimes when she regained her senses then, she'd look confused at the things around her, as they had at times changed, from when she had gone unconscious. Perhaps since he had last seen her far from him, seeing her this close, were what had startled him? Yes... That made sense to her. She had to try and remember to stay exactly where she had been, when he last saw her, next time he were going to sleep, and she were watching him.

"I know how to clean. Master Discord showed me."

She wouldn't do it exactly like he had. It would involve the bed having to float on the ceiling, and she couldn't do that. But she'd put the blanket back on the bed, and then go and lick the surfaces, that they had touched, to clean it of dust and stuff. She had a three meter tongue. She had a bit of reach to work with, and no qualms about eating dust. Rosa would not come down, to find them doing so. He were either still sleeping, or elsewhere, so they could do this in peace, for the time being. Likely best he didn't see this sort of thing right now anyway. Might be a little too early for him, to see that.

==========================================================================

@Sekel @Props

On 2022-09-07 at 5:49 AM, Sekel said:

"There's so much death around here," Twilight breathed in amazement. While she knew what necromancy was and how it was frowned upon in equine society, she saw it as more of a curiosity and something to be careful of than anything else. She wasn't sure what to think or say beyond those words as she gazed at the locale and ponies around them. "Who's in charge of keeping all these creatures here? Who is in charge of the necromancy spells keeping them here? Is it necromancy? Maybe it's something else and they've risen from the dead of their own accord?"

"Natural necromancy is more of a Harrowmark thing. We're doing it the old fashioned way. Though some do chose to stay as spirits, when they die. The reapers doesn't always just force you along. Dunno why some are given choices, or left though. They're still beyond our understanding.

And they don't need constant magic at them, to keep them around. That's only shoddy necromancers who need that. Same with barriers, you know? A good spell, stays consistent. Though sometimes they get a boost. That's mostly by Madamme Macabre, but me and a few others, help at times.

If you wanna know more, you should visit the library sometimes. We have around two thousand years worth of tomes, on this sorta stuff."

On 2022-09-08 at 9:27 PM, Magnolia said:

"Ah, so it seems you finally read your mail, Twilight. My real name is Moonlight Sparkle, I am your older sister by around 10 years if my memory serves me correctly. For all of your travels, journeys and lessons you find yourself here, in the realm of death, so rarely understood by others. I have spent years trying to contact you. I don't know why I didn't just come to on my own." she said as she stepped forward, her eyes looking deeply into Twilight's own.

"For all the lessons you claim to teach and learn, you've always ignored me. You never even know I existed! Because our parents lied to you, and Shining Armor. They cast me out, because I was unwanted. I was a mistake by them! I was never meant to be born, but here I am! Do you not know how it feels, to know you are born as a mistake by your own parents, then to be treated as if you don't even exist by your own family! Well, now you know!" she said, stomping a hoof in sudden rage, but then seemingly collecting herself. One should likely understand why she had that reaction - because it was true, after all.

"Now it's time for you to learn a lesson of your own. A lesson in family." her eyes would soften slightly, but remaining unwavering as she looked within Twilight's own.

Last and the manetid, got in front, cutting of this mare from getting too close, until they got a confirmation, that it were okay, for the mare spouting ludicrous stuff, to get closer. Drone lowering her regular arms, and raising the blades ones in front, prepared for things to go wrong, and Last glaring with her hard, ice-blue eyes, firmly on Moonlight.

"Your majesty? Your order?"

She wouldn't attack outright, but she'd keep this mare from the princess, if Twilight indicated, that she had no interest in getting closer to this one.

Cherish would materialize, as Zeehva got closer. The two of them exchanging awkward glances, before going on to try and calm their respective friends.

"M-Magnolia please, a little at a time. It's g-gonna have to be a lot to take in, all at once."

"I uhm... Dunno what exactly is going on here, but it uhm... S-Sounds like maybe we should hear them out, Princess Sparkle. The letter did say something about family, r-right?"

FB_IMG_7743599973151502556.thumb.jpg.13df07516c658ce36336b3f2cb9e5c23.jpg1609024856461.thumb.jpg.d33d07497918dfa998c1afac97a393dd.jpg

(Last Stand top, Zeehva bottom.)

gSvFsS5.png

(Cherish Sky)

@Sekel @Widdershins

"It's been years. They most likely have thought me as dead and moved on," Dazzle told Stare in a grumpy manner. She was sure her parents were still in fact home and just waiting for a sign that she's alive but putting up a front kept her from thinking too hard on what her parents might be doing right at this moment. "It's fine if she can't find anything. Really. Scarcity will probably come to an empty house and then make up some lie about them being there."

"I doubt she'd do that. If there's anything to find, she'll bring proof of it. Hopefully your parents, alive and well, but if there is just an empty house, then maybe some pictures."

If the house were empty, the house would be scoured for clues, then documented, marked on a map, and as mentioned, pictures would be taken. If they were there however, the pony who'd wander there, and be there in about... 12-14 hours from now, would knock on the door, and respectfully inform them that he had come, on behalf of their daughter, who had lost her way back, and wished to be reunited with them. He'd then give them more details on where she were, and offer to either bring them to her, or her to them. Either way, there'd be something happening. Probably somewhat early the dy after this.

Stare would make sure to keep her company until then, as she had promised. And if she wanted her along for moral support afterwards, she'd work something out with her job. It'd be fine.

"That's right, go get dragged off by your marefriend!" Dawn yelled after Benny. She was unsure of how to actually feel so she simply defaulted to being angry, hot, and bothered by the entire situation she found herself in thanks to Kaltrops' words.

Benny were now shaking so hard, it almost seemed like he were having a seizure, and tears were falling from his eyes, as his hands desperately clamped around his mouth, keeping it shut. It were just getting funnier and funnier by the second.

Soon as he had been dragged inside proper, Pop would come back out, and close the door. No sooner had she done so, before she heard the start of laughter, and opened the door, looking down on Benny.

"Keep it in."

He'd listen to her, and just relatively silently get it out of his system, while Pop got back out there, and faced Dawn.

"He's a sweet dragon. He really is. But sometimes, I feel like smacking him with a rolled up newspaper. He'll be fine once he gets this out of his system.

Are you okay though? Seems like you're a little flustered. Their words get to you a little? I'm sure they don't mean anything bad by them. Benny's just being silly, and Kaltrops... Well, I think he's just having a bit of a delay, between his brain and mouth sometimes. It's nothing serious."

Pop would smile at Dawn, trying to be reassuring and kind. Things had not gone easy for her thus far, so maybe, a short breather right now, were what she needed. Or a chat with another mare, before going back to dealing with dragons.

=============================================================

@Sekel

Onache openly glared at Aurora, once she said that last part. The sort of look, that tended to make those lesser than her, cower in fear, worried what she might do. Though she'd keep things at words, not actions. For now at least.

"We are not an infestation. We are a dominant species.

And I am not saying you need to start a hive now. Most queens do not begin one, until at least twenty years, from they first start learning of their responsibilities. You may begin sooner, as you also do not need to wait for maturity, yet time is not of the essence. When you are prepared, and have found a spot, then you may start it. I am merely offering some advise on how you then do things from that, so that when time comes, you will know what to do.

You barely know the lay of the land, when it comes to hives as it is anyway. You would have to either take over another hive, or find an area that is yet unoccupied, to not cause territory disputes too. Not that time is important. You will have hundreds, if not thousands of years to work with yet. Though most of us do not live that long. The natural life span is one thing, but infighting, and presumptuous *Heroes*, tend to cut it shorter, quicker than that. Lead your hive different than I, if you want to avoid that outcome. Ancestors know you may have a chance at it, with how times are changing.

Still, be it natural, or expedited, rarely does one of us die by old age. I'd suggest you do not think about it however. Nothing good comes, from worrying about your own mortality too much. Those who do, have tended to go down dark paths."

She'd leave the horror stories for another time though. Such sobering tales, were best used to discourage that kind of behavior, and Aurora did not seem even close, to going down a path such as that.

=================================================================

@Sekel

"So Diamantha is free again, and have fused with a changeling. Long has it been since she were trapped. Too long it seems, if she's so forgotten, she were let lose again...

I were not there, when they roamed, long, long ago. Only Alagarn is alive from back then. But we all heard the stories, about the crystal beasts, and I were there, when the gem got rediscovered. That's why the isles were abandoned, and the mines collapsed. Seems some snuck in. Hmm...

Diamatha were rumored to be more tempered than her brethren, so perhaps it will not be as big an issue, as the refractions told us. Yet I will need to find her it sounds, so I can hear for myself. Worry not, young one. I won't come for you, nor judge you, for what you were. I'm mostly just surprised. I never heard of changelings in a jar. How very primordial."

Gretha chuckled, and brought a claw over, to poke the wriggling Blitz on the snout, with the blunt side of her claw. Which seemed to make Blitz just wriggle more, reaching out towards the claw.

"Energetic little thing, isn't she? Much like her brother. Peculiar sorts, always stick out to me more. I think you will too, Atzy. Along with your fearful friend over there."

Anzu were watching them, not shaking anymore, but watching them tentatively, and moving slowly closer, prepared to rush off, if there were any sort of bad act from Gretha. Big dragons like this, were dangerous in his mind. Maybe not as much, if he had been a proper sphinx, homegrown, and given a few millennia more, but with how things were now, she could definitely trounce him. Even if it did not seem as if she wanted to, as she pushed up her large glasses again. Not even dragons, were immune to losing eyesight over the years.

"I'm afraid I don't know what to say, of your new kind, little one. Time alone will likely tell, but you will likely be watched closely, and judged by others, on your own actions. I know the feeling. Simply try and be well behaved, and you should be fine.

You were headed to Deltrot, were you? Need a lift?"

She'd point up towards her saddle, which could comfortably have them all on it. Including Enzo, which he'd refuse, as that seemed wrong by him. They could all just go back on Enzo, and follow, though the sphinx were still tentative about things. This dragon might seem kind and calm, but still... It were an elder dragon. How could he not be worried?

=========================================================================

@Kujamih

"Yes!"

Shark would launch forward, licking herself around the mouth, as the last one were done bashing it. Still not enough to make it break, so the bat would go to another. Though there'd be a delay, as she were fluttering around it, sniffing it, and poking it with her nose.

"Well that ain't something you see every day."

One of the local farmers rose his hat, and looked really curious at the peculiar mare, fluttering around the pinata, yet he'd soon be overshadowed - in several aspect - by the stallion who now had the bat, that stepped forward.

RwesyXt.png

"A peculiar sight, yet welcome to the party. One remembered, from the recent incident. Alonsus welcomes you to the festivities, fair mare."

Alonsus Merrywind, were a... Taxing one to be around, for many. Boastful, and having a habit of talking in third person, his personality, tended to shun prolonged periods of communication, though none would come and say that he did so, with harm in mind. Nor were he egocentric. He were just... Best described, as one who had read far too many self help books, and had taken some degree of damage from it. Which were pretty much the case.

He were hard not to take notice of though. Well groomed, large, and muscular, he worked hard to keep his body in peak performance, and if push came to shove, he could deal out the hurt. Mostly he used his strength though, to do good around town, or at his work, as the handistallion, at the Sloppy Joe's cafe. Well enough liked, but just not one, that many kept around for long.

Seeing him though, sure got Shark's attention. Her ears would perk, and eyes grow wide, before fluttering over to him, and around, poking at him a few times. Something which resulted in him giving off a burly laughter, and flexing one leg, to properly show some muscle.

"The fair maiden finds me intriguing? Take in what you will, of me. Alonsus does not mind."

"Biiiiiiiiig friend. Shiny. *sniff sniff* Hair smell funny. Good? Maybe?"

She had gone close, and taken a whiff. He smelled like some sort of fruity shampoo. Very strange, but he were certainly fun to watch. and her words, seemed to give him cause for laughter.

"Alonsus are a friend of many. Here, as one frend to another, I offer you the next strike. Show well what you can do, against this feeble pinata."

He offered her the stick, which she'd grab hold of with her teeth. At first, shaking it a bit, gauging weight, then go up to the pinata, and do as she had seen the others do. Give it a bash.

It did not break it, but it were a reasonably well done hit, and caused some of the fuzzy hair to fall off. Afterwards, she'd look right at Light, with a big grin on her face.

"Funny! Mate try too? Hit hard?"

"The fair maiden's mate? A long line you must go behind first... Pah! Perish the thought. Alonsus offer you his place, and I return to the back. Strike with conviction, my friend."

Shark would let him have the stick, if he were ready for it, and Alonsus would draw nearer, and offer the cloth, one needed to have around one's eyes, when doing this. He'd look down upon Light, a great big smile on his bearded face, encouraging him to give it a try.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Sekel

Magnolia would look into Last Stand's eyes, and match her cold icy gaze. She was definitely not one to be intimidated by others, even with the displays of their weaponry. She smirked somewhat.

"Nearly dying to a bear and being close to death has made me lose any and all fear of it. I do not fear death, for we are surrounded by it." she said, with a stance that would indicate she was proud of that. More so, proud of those who surrounded her. 

Then Magnolia looked to Zeehva, and nodded. "Perhaps you are correct, old friend." she said, gently putting a hoof around her and sort of hugging her as she looked into Twilight's eyes, as if to show she wasn't some authoritarian villain that she may seem like at times. "I am not the only one who wants to have a word with you, Twilight. So does Alluria Sparkle, our great ancestor." she pointed towards the area that Alluria would be found, towards the library.

"She has books that could keep you busy for centuries. I am sure you'd like to take a look at those as well." she added. "I would want nothing more, than to be with my little sister." Magnolia said, almost softly, her annoyance was something doing her best to suppress.

@Blitz Boom

Skittles would smile as they sat at the table and listened to Honey's order, then looked to the waitress, "Long stare, right?" she would ask with a smile "I think I'll have the same drink as Honey here, that truly sounds delicious" she would say and then thinks for a moment "I'll have a veggie burger with the lot and some seasons fries, thanks" she smiles to her, her tail slightly swaying as she would continue to look around and take in the atmosphere.

She then smiles over at Honey "You're welcome, until then, you're always welcome to come my place, I usually have at least one or two furry critters that enjoy attention, then there's Snowpaw in the Woods, he seemed to have taken quite a liking to you"

@Blitz Boom

As Light went near them and cautious at the giant stallion.

He took his offer to go first, as not to be rude at him.

" Thank you very much good sir..."

He puts on the blindfold and readied himself.

He focused and remembered his training and experience from the past.

He's been in many situations already that he didn't need his eyes to function properly in the world.

As he needs in his target, he swings at the portion of the pinata where it has damage already. And before the bat hits it's target, Light amplifies the weight of the bat to give it more umpf. 

( Up to you what comes next.)

@Blitz Boom

There was much to reflect upon leaving their visit with the last members of the traveling band.  The pegasus that had severed treats to the children at Rising's first banquet after the battle with Twisted was much greater than she seemed.  Her amulet had drawn the detective's attention for a brief moment, but to reach as far as a long lived begin that jumped body to body throughout who knows how long.  Well versed in magics to be so easily prepared to swat aside an attack from Lily.  Judging books by their cover and all that.  Harrowmark was complicated, or at least to the extent from the outside look in Equestria.  A bemusing thought on how well the soon to be residents would think upon Equestria's own customs and culture.

Reaching their next stop on the tour before long, Rising already had a feeling what laid beyond the door.  A ritual room Lily's scry spell had been place in after the traveling party arrived at the capital.  Caramel, Le Pourri, had already dropped the hint the party knew the scry was cast upon them, even before Rising made the long distant call.  Not too shocking it could be easily dumped where they wanted it.  Revelation was what Thistle offered.  And a test for Dawn and Grace to be in the presence of creatures so the bane of the fashion community.

The family entered after Thistle.  Shivers quickly ran down the spines of the two mares in tow.  The sight of such giant insects did set well with the two.  Star was much more enamored in the scholarly glee that so easily befell upon the professor.  "Ho ho ho.  Would you look at that," the stallion admired.  Like stepping into ancient times of such far away times and places.  Stories of ritual chambers, alters and sacrifices.  Things so far lost upon the land of light in Equestria and cast into fantasy.

Thistle's revelation did not sit well with Dawn and Grace.  It was morbid and gruesome.  The ability to wrap their minds around the willingness of such an act was beyond them.  The closest amount of worship and devotion was just to the Alicorns that ruled them.  But even then, they were more often and not just as down to earth as the rest of Equestria's ponies.  The mares looked at the alter with fear and disgust, far in contrast to the interest Star had in the whole process.  Rising was mixed in his emotion.  He knew the boundaries held between their two cultures and having met the goddess herself in his dream, along with the grotesque vistas of Twisted's swamp, this all leaned on par for the course in his experience of Harrowmark.  At his core though, he admired their deep devotion, but was equally revolted by the act.  Having limited experience in necromancy magics, souls and spirits, this was even a lot for the detective.

Dawn and Grace had already scooted closer to the exit.  "You have the deepest of devotions, my friend.  And it sounds like you have much to rebuild," Rising maintained a neutral expression, as best he could.  "But I think the occasional dream visit from Viz'nay will be plenty for me."  Not that he expected such an act be laid upon him in this revelation, but it didn't hurt to set that boundary at least.  Dawn was already regretting she had to even find out how one gains access to such shoes.  She'll stick to performing such things with her own magics.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-09-13 at 4:52 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Whenever Munchkin decided on a space to rest in, Hammond would scurry over, and pull out a small blanket, from one of the bottom compartments, and come back with it, offering it to Munchkin. He saw most creatures that slept, seemed to like this, so he'd give that, if she wished for it. After that, he'd bounce closer, and pet the cat on the head again, if she seemed to be okay with it. Then either continue, if she seemed she'd like that, or stop, jump back, and just look, then wave, and roll down himself nearby, where he could see her. His tail were rather fluffy, and made for a good pillow. He wouldn't rest, but he'd as happily observe Munchkin as she did, as he'd pet her throughout the night, if that were her preference.

Regardless, he wouldn't lead her out, or toss her out. And if she slept there, then eventually, it would be morning. Being marked by the distinct sound of somepony outside the door, moving about. Just a bit, before there were a knock at the door, and it opened, to reveal: A filly. Chipper and looking like she needed to run a comb through her mane and tail, but she didn't much care about that, as much as looking for Hammond, who'd meet her not long after, and engage in some hoofsigns with her. And if Munchkin would show after, she'd look with big eyes, and an even bigger smile, whilst waving at the cat. She did not know who this were, but it were nice seeing Hammond make friends. Unless Munchkin hid, in which case, she'd just eventually move out, and to the right, headed towards the bathroom.

Munchkin was more than happy to be with the odd creature showing her around, though she was still unsure about her environment. Past some hallways and doors were an odd-looking structure, a tower and some hammocks, a wooden wheel and posts. All of this were strange yet familiar to the cat, though the exact object was still new to her. She didn't get anything quite this elaborate, and the most she was content to use on most days was a small, comfortable pet bed by the bakery's front door. Today had been a long day, but she was content to spend the night with her new friend instead of indulging in the scratching post or wheel. 

It was odd for this creature to behave closer to ponies, doing things like ensuring she was cared for like a pet. It was similar to what the mare running the bakery did for her, though she didn’t invite the cat to stay with her. This time was different, and Munchkin had grown rather attached to Hammond. Once she got comfortable, she spent a bit of time snuggling up to her new friend and started licking him. She’d be at it for several minutes until one could hear more purring before she went to bed. Perhaps there was more to this odd creature, but a good night’s rest would be good for now.

Come morning, Munchkin looked around to find her new friend, likely to try finding her way back to Old Canterlot’s streets. This time, she’d see a filly greeting her. A new face, one that was not familiar amongst those who regularly visited the bakery. For now, the cat inched closer to see this pony, gauging her demeanor and willing to see how she’d act up close. Unlike other instances when she'd meow at strangers, she stayed quiet, and if something was wrong, she'd bolt back to Hammond’s safety.

On 2022-09-13 at 4:52 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I know how to clean. Master Discord showed me."

She wouldn't do it exactly like he had. It would involve the bed having to float on the ceiling, and she couldn't do that. But she'd put the blanket back on the bed, and then go and lick the surfaces, that they had touched, to clean it of dust and stuff. She had a three meter tongue. She had a bit of reach to work with, and no qualms about eating dust. Rosa would not come down, to find them doing so. He were either still sleeping, or elsewhere, so they could do this in peace, for the time being. Likely best he didn't see this sort of thing right now anyway. Might be a little too early for him, to see that.

The longma would help with getting the blanket folded and placed neatly on the bed, even getting the corners of the bed sheet back looking nice and flat. All this may not be necessary, but Sen wanted to be a good guest, and leaving things looking messy wasn’t going to help. Though what Omen did was also a lot more odd than he thought when he mentioned cleaning. Never a dull moment with Omen, but at this point, it was a normal occurrence. It was something to be thankful for, having good mornings that were fairly out of the ordinary.

“That’s... not what I expected with cleaning the bed, but maybe Rosa wouldn’t need to know about that part. I’ll be heading to the living room to eat a little and maybe meditate some more. We’re probably just going to wait until Rosa wakes up, but I don’t think we should be disturbing him for now.”

Sen headed out to the living room and sit on the floor right next to the couch to get some of his supply of dried berries from his saddle bag. There was still enough for about a meal or two, and he could give some to Shrimp, Omen, and Rosa if they asked, though the box he had was starting to run out. He would need to head back home and grab some more at some point. The supply would drain faster if Lin also joined in, though he still wondered if Lin would stop by. She didn’t seem to come back the night before.

Before he could take a bite, there was a knock at the front door. Three taps, then silence, followed by three more taps. 

"Hmm... now who could that be?"

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-09-14 at 3:44 AM, Rising Dusk said:

The family entered after Thistle.  Shivers quickly ran down the spines of the two mares in tow.  The sight of such giant insects did set well with the two.  Star was much more enamored in the scholarly glee that so easily befell upon the professor.  "Ho ho ho.  Would you look at that," the stallion admired.  Like stepping into ancient times of such far away times and places.  Stories of ritual chambers, alters and sacrifices.  Things so far lost upon the land of light in Equestria and cast into fantasy.

One of the smaller moths - still around the size of his head - would look curiously at Star, as he started to speak, and would flutter over towards him. If he did not complain, or try and waft it away, it would land on his head, and feel him around a little. Using its antenna even, to poke at his glasses, curious about what that were. It wouldn't bite, wouldn't show any interest in his clothes, and wouldn't be on him, for more than a minute tops. Though if he seemed disinterested, it would let out a small, low toned screech, and flutter away, to join others of its brethren, in inspecting the shining priestess.

On 2022-09-14 at 3:44 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn and Grace had already scooted closer to the exit.  "You have the deepest of devotions, my friend.  And it sounds like you have much to rebuild," Rising maintained a neutral expression, as best he could.  "But I think the occasional dream visit from Viz'nay will be plenty for me."  Not that he expected such an act be laid upon him in this revelation, but it didn't hurt to set that boundary at least.  Dawn was already regretting she had to even find out how one gains access to such shoes.  She'll stick to performing such things with her own magics.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕀 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦? 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕖. ℍ𝕒𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕀 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦. 𝔹𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕕, 𝕟𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕟 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕝𝕪, 𝕠𝕣 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖, 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕. 𝕄𝕪 𝕤𝕠𝕝𝕖 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟. 𝕋𝕠 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕦𝕤, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖, 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕗.

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕦𝕤, 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕕. 𝕋𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕤, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕. 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙. 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕤𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕖, 𝕨𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟, 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕤 𝕦𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕦𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕦𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤. 𝕎𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕦𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕦𝕤, 𝕨𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥, 𝕓𝕪 𝕡𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕓𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟. 𝕀 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕤𝕠, 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕖𝕟𝕕.

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥. 𝕀𝕟 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤, 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥. 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕖𝕕. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕠𝕠𝕟 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨."

She said that to them all. There were nothing stopping them from exiting, and she had honestly assumed them to do so, soon as she had spoken in full. Were she honest, she had hoped them to be more inquisitive, and curious, albeit still disapproving of the practice. Which they certainly did, as their actions spoke louder than any word, they may have uttered. Yet she supposed, knowing their stance were enough, for her to make certain arrangements, for when potential travelers from the outside, would come to them. Some things which were best left hidden, just as it had been back then. Weren't like the masses as a whole, knew of this revelation. It were usually reserved for those, who sought their path, and wished to know how to ascend from attendant, to the priesthood. The majority of whom, chose to remain as an attendant, afterwards.

As for the moths? They were seen as sacred animals. That were all the reason there were, to have them fluttering around the temple. And without the correct oils, they were utterly harmless to creatures such as ponies, so there presented no immediate danger from them.

She'd be among them a few minutes more, before she'd exit, and have the door sealed behind her again.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕤𝕜 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖, 𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕡 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤. 𝕀 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥, 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕪, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕥, 𝕓𝕖𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕒𝕞, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕣. 𝕄𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙, 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝.

ℕ𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟, 𝕀 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕠𝕟, 𝕨𝕙𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕟, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟 𝕚𝕟 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝, 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕖. 𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞? 𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥.

𝔸 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤, 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝔼𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕒."

If they were ready, she'd lead them on. Back down the path they had been, and towards the exit, of these hidden hallways.

"Lest you wonder, the royal family, are aware of the process. It were why my ancestor hid these, then sealed the castle, and had all who partook in it, forget what they had done. Only few clues remained, yet the high priestess herself, were the only one who could gain access.

My opinion on the process is neutral, as I can admire the conviction, though not understand the sheer dedication. Yet long as it remains a choice, I see no need to voice objections."

Crown Prince Necrotic had been eerily silent for some time, so they may have more or less forgotten he were there, but he had been following, and just allowing things to unfold naturally. Seemed they all had much to speak of after all, so it appeared rude of him, to interrupt. Yet now, it seemed as good a time as any, to add some perspective of his own.

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-09-14 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Come morning, Munchkin looked around to find her new friend, likely to try finding her way back to Old Canterlot’s streets. This time, she’d see a filly greeting her. A new face, one that was not familiar amongst those who regularly visited the bakery. For now, the cat inched closer to see this pony, gauging her demeanor and willing to see how she’d act up close. Unlike other instances when she'd meow at strangers, she stayed quiet, and if something was wrong, she'd bolt back to Hammond’s safety.

The closer Munchkin got, the happier the filly seemed. She did not normally hang out with many animals, yet now there were two here. And while yes, she could probably not teach hoof language to Munchkin, it were still nice to see her. Maybe even pet her if she were lucky? Maybe if she gave her a treat?

The filly would walk over to the cat tree, and open a hidden drawer, on the side of it. From there, she'd withdraw some small bags, of various animal treats. They hadn't been sure what Hammond might eat, and thus, Scarcity had retrieved a bunch of various stuff, including animal feed. Turned out, that long as it were vegetarian, he'd pretty much eat anything, so she had kept these as snacks, more or less, in case he felt peckish. He weren't like Omen, who could eat anything essentially, and he did require food for nourishment. He were *crafted* into being a more authentic creature, rather than her, who just looked like it. Same reason he needed to breathe, and drink. He were more or less a regular creature. He also just still weren't sure what were food, and what weren't.

She'd pull out some cat treats. They would smell like fish, and be formed like small fish crackers too. There'd also be the ball of water, in case she felt thirsty, down at the bottom of the cat tower. As for the treats, they were not fish really, but they were flavored like it, and had a good chunk of vitamins, associated with fish, for pets. High quality imitation, for  vegetarians, who didn't want to be too harsh on their little meat eaters diets. Though some like Double Chow, that sold pet food in town, refused to carry such things. Said it was a mockery, to not feed meat eating pets, with real meat.

To get back on track though, the filly would try and put the snacks down in front of her, and lay down, so that Munchkin could come over, and enjoy the snacks if she wished to. The filly would like to pet her too, but she'd be okay with first watching Munchkin, and then slowly take a hoof over, to see if it were okay. If the cat seemed to not want it, she'd pull her hoof back again.

As for Hammond? He'd just stare, and evaluate what were happening, as well as prepare, in case he had to do something. Something like letting Munchkin out, if she seemed like she wanted that.

On 2022-09-14 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s... not what I expected with cleaning the bed, but maybe Rosa wouldn’t need to know about that part. I’ll be heading to the living room to eat a little and maybe meditate some more. We’re probably just going to wait until Rosa wakes up, but I don’t think we should be disturbing him for now.”

Sen headed out to the living room and sit on the floor right next to the couch to get some of his supply of dried berries from his saddle bag. There was still enough for about a meal or two, and he could give some to Shrimp, Omen, and Rosa if they asked, though the box he had was starting to run out. He would need to head back home and grab some more at some point. The supply would drain faster if Lin also joined in, though he still wondered if Lin would stop by. She didn’t seem to come back the night before.

Before he could take a bite, there was a knock at the front door. Three taps, then silence, followed by three more taps. 

"Hmm... now who could that be?"

Omen would finish cleaning up, before she'd join Sen in the living room. Wasn't too hard. She could pretty much over all the surfaces, though there were not much to go for. A few dead skin cells, but this place had been well clean, before they entered. Beyond mostly dust, and a bit of dirt from them, there were really nothing. Someone did well, in cleaning here normally, it seemed.

She'd be in the room soon after, chewing on some lint she had found, had dropped from the blanket, and were about to ask what were happening, when she heard the door. Was rather odd. Three taps, then silence, and three more... Very strange.

She'd do the first thing she thought off, and went over to the door, and copying the same knock pattern. Maybe this were some sort of important signal, after all, and she were not meant to open it yet. If the knocking came back, she'd copy that too, until either the door opened, or Sen opened it. Since it were unlocked (none of them had locked it last night, when they returned), it could go either way. It were just curious what sort of early day guest it were, that they had now.

@Kujamih

The bat would swing, and it'd hit hard. The pinata would not explode, but it would crack, and a drizzle of chocolate coins would make its way out, as it swung around wildly. Alonsus had to go and grab hold of it, to make it stand still even.

"A good hit, yet still it hangs. Long will it not be though. May the next step forward a-"

As he reached there, the crack in the pinata would widen, and it would split in the middle, causing the chocolate coins to pour out, and the crowd around it to life their hooves, and give a *Yey!* sound. They wouldn't rush for the coins though. They'd all take a shot, and the next pinata would be brought forth, ready to be filled with what coins wouldn't be eaten, and then hung up. Seemed like this were a silly drinking game. Fairly harmless, though Shark would go near the coins, and could use some help, to not do something that were harmful. Namely, trying to eat a coin, with the paper still on. She smelled it, and it smelled strange, yet appetizing, so she wanted to try. If he did not stop her, she'd crunch down on it, with paper, and then soon after spit it out. If he did help, she'd just get the coin, which she did like, and would pick up some more to nom down. These things tasted nice.

"Seems I underestimated you. Go forth, and take what of your price, that you desire. The rest goes into the next. A waste say some, yet I Alonsus, disagree. It makes for a fun game or merriment."

Speaking of merrimet, somepony would come over, and offer the three of them shots. Shark would take a step back, with possibly a chocolate coin in her mouth, and barred her teeth at the glass. She could smell it were more bad stuff. The pony with the shots, would move on to Alonsus after, who'd dismiss it, with a risen hoof.

"Harken not to me, temptress of the flask. Alonsus partake not in such things."

Alonsus had his reasons, for not wanting to drink. The top ones being a potential chance to lose his cool, and revert to old, regrettable actions. Or worse, start talking of the past. Neither of which he wished to do. He had a good life here now, away from all of that. He did not wish to even think of such dark times again. Much less share them with others, than his parole officer. Who's definitely not like it, if he heard he had gotten into a fight. It might end up getting his leash tightened. Or worse, get him to spend time in prison, rather than this life, and he had done too much to avoid such things. He were a good, law abiding citizen.

Regardless, the shot would next be offered to Light. It would be a middle-strong alcoholic beverage, with a blueberry smell. Yet not enough, to not have made Shark aware, that something were off. Though she might have to learn eventually, to just say *No thank you*. It would be more constructive, to do so, rather than make others spooked, as a deterrent.

Regardless if he took the shot or not, the line would get up and ready, and Light would be encouraged to give them the blind fold, and bat, that they may continue.

"A fun pair you two are, my friend. Might I ask, from where do you harken?"

===================================================================

@AuroraGlimmer

"Yes, that is me."

She would scribble down first, what it were that Honey had ordered, and next what Skittles had ordered. He had been slightly spooked, even though he expected her to show up soon, after they had sat down, but he did his to not stammer too much, and get on with his order. Which were a lot more straight forward, without the sass from Berry. As well as taking a bit longer, as he had to ponder his choice of drink, rather than Berry just remembering it.

"I'll tell Chop. I'll come back with your drinks soon."

As quietly as she had shown, as quietly did she leave. They had tried putting a bell on her before, but somehow, not even that helped. Squishy shoes had been another, but somehow, that managed to creep folks out even more, and convince themselves they were being haunted. Plus, she found it uncomfortable, and Straw did not want that for her. He accepted, and thanked her for trying, but that were it then. He wouldn't force her to conform. Only some few things, did he put his hoof down on. Like what berry was allowed to talk about, regarding The Conspiracy. It were fairly easy to control though. Just had to play on it, and tell her that they might be listening in, so it wouldn't be smart to let them know how close she were getting. Worked like a charm, barring a few high point, with those she were closest with.

"It ah, shouldn't be too long then. N-Not too little either though. They take their ah, time to make things properly.

And ah, Snowpaw. Seemed to be a rather ah, nice little one. If ever I were to get a pet though, it would have to be something that ah, weren't a threat to the bees, nor afflicted by them. Due to their heat, I had ah, considered a phoenix, a few times actually. I saw one, hanging around a ah, peculiar mare in town, and Princess Celestia have one, so they seem ah, willing to be around ponies, at times at least. Yet I don't know how enough of them, nor how they'd do in the garden, if they'd ah, prove a threat to the flowers, or the bees, since they might eat them. I ah, keep meaning to read up more on them, but it always seem, as if there are enough to do as is, and I forget when I then do have time."

Phoenixes were not a threat to bees, as a matter of fact. Their feathers were something the bees avoided, and the phoenixes themselves, were fully vegetarian. They tended to hunt for nuts to roast, or small forest fruit, or berries. A few of the berries, that were poisonous to many others, were harmless to them, so those were well valued. As were as mentioned, nuts. Trees with an abundance of nuts in or near them, tended to be a place were a cluster of them might reside, and share in the wealth. Come winter, they tended to fly to warmer climates, to find food, and more agreeable surroundings.

That said, one in a bad mood, did tend to spew embers, or straight up fire, so one had to be careful, if they were to have one, when in profession such as his. It were also a sort of animal, that were rarely sold as a pet. They were more wild creatures, and while they did seek companionship, it were selective who they'd find interesting enough, among creatures, not of their kind. They were still curious though, and at times made odd friends. That's why sometimes, you saw a young one flutter about, the outskirts of town, or riding along the back of a hog, and torching small insects that were pestering it in return.

"I've ah, thought of perhaps a reptile, or snake of some kind too. They're fairly immune to the bees too, but the reptiles at least, might prove a problem for the bees. The snake would likely care less. And the heaters during winter, could likely keep it warm and snug too. Though I ah, am not even sure where to begin, looking for a snake, big or small. I tend to just see regular, furry little creatures, turtles, and birds, when I pass the store. I think about ah, entering sometimes, but then I get nervous that I may make a rash decision, without thinking it through first, and I keep walking. It is ah, not the most constructive approach, I admit.

But uhm, I do not ah, mean to have everything focused around me. There is much more to you, to hear about. I-If you'd be willing to talk of it, of course. I do not mean to pry into things that ah, might not be something you'd wish to share with one, that you just met.

A topic uhm... You say you work well with Fluttershy, yes? How did you two meet, if I might ask? Through ah, mutual, four legged acquaintances, mayhap?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Skittles would listen to all of Honey's idea and smile "Thosre are all good ideas for a pet that isn't bothered by the bees" she would say "For the lizard or snake, you could have a special terarium for them, which is basically a glass cage for them to live in, but of course you may not need that what with the heat you have got going for the bees" she would smile to him "as for a Phoenix, well they are a lot more..cuddly than a snake or lizard" she smiles to him, scooting a bit closer "and I might be able to get a hold of one for you if you are serious about getting one"

As they waited for their orders, she'd smile a bit more "you're spot on actually, one of her animals were being..especialy stubborn, and I had just recently moved to Ponyville, and she had heard of me and my talents through Twilight, who had visited the School from time to time" she would smile a little "needless to say, I was able to get what was wrong with the little one and we begun talking and soon became good friends. I usually take my wild charges to her, and she takes her domestic to me"

@Blitz Boom

Light would show Shark the proper way to eat this coins. " Don't eat the wrapper sweetie." 

As the drink would be presented to him. He did not wish to be rude and decline an offer of drink.

" Usually... Cultures regarding offering of drinks is rude to reject... And I do not wish to ruin any merriment. A toast!... I guess?"

He took the shot straight up.

" Ahhhhh...." He exhaled through the mouth. " Hmmm blue berry shots always taste so bitter..." 

He then passes the blindfold and the bat to the next pony and gave way.

The stallion would ask where they came from and soon he'd reply...

"Me and my love came from a distant land... Ummm through that direction." He point hoof the general direction of where Anomaly's domain is.

"We came here to learn the pony culture ruled by the alicorns, and what best place to learn but here in Ponyville. How about you good sir? You wouldn't mind sharing a bit about yourself?"

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-09-16 at 6:25 AM, Blitz Boom said:

She'd pull out some cat treats. They would smell like fish, and be formed like small fish crackers too. There'd also be the ball of water, in case she felt thirsty, down at the bottom of the cat tower. As for the treats, they were not fish really, but they were flavored like it, and had a good chunk of vitamins, associated with fish, for pets. High quality imitation, for  vegetarians, who didn't want to be too harsh on their little meat eaters diets. Though some like Double Chow, that sold pet food in town, refused to carry such things. Said it was a mockery, to not feed meat eating pets, with real meat.

To get back on track though, the filly would try and put the snacks down in front of her, and lay down, so that Munchkin could come over, and enjoy the snacks if she wished to. The filly would like to pet her too, but she'd be okay with first watching Munchkin, and then slowly take a hoof over, to see if it were okay. If the cat seemed to not want it, she'd pull her hoof back again.

There was something about Hammond that Munchkin didn’t think was possible. For the longest time, she saw the baker as the nicest pony in town, giving her a home and some food without minding that she was a stray. Others would tolerate her presence, sometimes follow her to the bakery where they’d have something to eat. Then, there were those who’d shoo her away; those, she didn’t like. With the Hammond, there was Omen, her friends, Shrimp, and now this young filly showering her with kindness. If this is what a good life felt like, maybe it would be worth sticking around with them, but not so soon. This may all just be an initial impression to win the cat over, but if it was, they were good at it.

Munchkin inched forward some more to try some of the treats the filly scattered on the ground. She’d have one bite, then another, and a third. Soon enough, she was eating all of the food laid out for her, retreating to the food bowl to cleanse her palette before going up to the filly and rubbing herself on her coat. Not quite like her usual serving of bread early in the morning, but the alternative was fairly delicious. This one may be trustworthy, and Munchkin would place her scent on the filly to mark her as such. 

Perhaps she could get used to this. There was still some more to do in Old Canterlot, but a few more moments with these nice creatures wouldn’t hurt. The cat would close her eyes and let out a low purring sound to signal her contentment as she laid down next to the filly. 

On 2022-09-16 at 6:25 AM, Blitz Boom said:

She'd be in the room soon after, chewing on some lint she had found, had dropped from the blanket, and were about to ask what were happening, when she heard the door. Was rather odd. Three taps, then silence, and three more... Very strange.

She'd do the first thing she thought off, and went over to the door, and copying the same knock pattern. Maybe this were some sort of important signal, after all, and she were not meant to open it yet. If the knocking came back, she'd copy that too, until either the door opened, or Sen opened it. Since it were unlocked (none of them had locked it last night, when they returned), it could go either way. It were just curious what sort of early day guest it were, that they had now.

Sen stood by the door for a moment to see if the knocking would start again. There weren’t many folks who would know of where Rosa lived, unless someone leaked the information. Then again, it might be the authorities or someone representing Ms. Scarcity, maybe even the mare herself. Still, for someone to come this early in the morning, not many would be likely choices, yet there was still some hesitation. After all, this wasn’t the longma’s home. It’ll be awkward if someone unfamiliar walked up looking for Rosa only to come face to face with someone unexpected. 

However, the knocking soon started again. Three knocks, a short pause, then three more, though Omen may be using this time to repeat the pattern on the door. Not quite the response anyone would expect, but the knocking just stopped after that. Sen would have to do something sooner or later, and so he went ahead and opened to door to see who it was on the other side.

“Hello, how can I- Lin? Hey.”

“Omen… Brother… Are you going to let me in?”

“Yes. I still go some dried berries, so just help yourself to those.”

“Sure. And how about you, Omen? How was your evening?”

Lin walked in and headed to the living room. She grabbed some of her brother’s dried berries and sat by the wall while eating her food. Sen didn’t think the morning would start like this, and he could sense some tension in the air. He closed the front door behind him before joining his sister, but the room had an uneasy silence, as if the two harbored animosity toward each other. Neither wanted to start their expected conversation. A loss of words, maybe? What could they say at that moment? It seemed like both had a rough idea on how they thought things would go, even knowing just what to say in response to the other, but not how they’d start.

@Blitz Boom & @Props

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight was very taken aback by the revelation. She had no idea she had an older sister so to hear she even had one and the mare in question was confessing right in front of her? Twilight shook her head to get her thoughts straight, wiped off the shocked expression and replaced it with disbelief.

"Older sister? Since when do I have an older sister? There's no trace of there being one! The only point of contact I've had with you is this letter," Twilight told Magnolia and magicked the letter out from her saddlebags and levitated it over to Magnolia to see. "If you sent letters before, I never got them except somehow for this one. I've looked at my family history before and there's no mention of a Magnolia Sparkle or Alluria Sparkle. I've looked! There's no trace there! So try to explain that to me while explaining how I've got an older sister my parents never told me about."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN STREAK & DAZZLE GLEAM

"I ... don't know what I'd do if ... if there's an empty house," Dazzle admitted with a heavy sigh. She rubbed her eyes with a hoof and looked at the others. She never considered the possibility and simply continued sitting next to Stare. "I really hope they're there, though. It's been a very long time." The house would be empty with a note taped on the door but it had been ruined by the constant sandblasting the house goes under each season. Due to being so close to the desert and all.

"Nothing serious, huh? He just belted out that we do it in public!" Dawn yelled at Pop, gesturing with a hoof at Kaltrops. She wasn't yelling at Pop specifically, just at the general nonsense of this situation. Pop just happened to be right there and listening when she spoke.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"How much of a dominant species can we be if we're in hiding?" Aurora asked while filing the information away for later. She knew it would be useful but at the moment she's just trying to get things straight in her head. She wasn't sure how Lulu, Flaxx, or Happy were reacting to this but it seemed like she was taking charge for the moment of their little group. "Anyway ... you asked us to go check on the hive. We did. We gave the queen her message, we ran into some shenanigans on the way back, and now we're here. What ... what can we do to help out if we can?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"That's a lot of information at once," Karmic muttered and decided to take the dragon's offer of hopping onto her back and settled into the saddle. She made sure to grab Blitz along the way and deposited her in front of her forehooves so Karmic could keep a hold of the filly.

"Yes, we're heading to Deltrot for a bomb show," Atzy nodded, unsure of what the dragon wanted. "You seem friendly enough and Karmic trusts you enough to get into your saddle. I just hope I can be a good representative of this Gemling species I'm now a part of and to be clear ... the ... the changeling parasitic goo I used to be was an experiment. I was made from scratch in a petri dish. For what purpose, I know not yet," Atzy added after giving it some thought and decided to join her sister and Blitz up in the saddle and settled down next to them.

@Blitz Boom @Sekel

Magnolia could understand Twilight's skeptical thoughts about the whole thing but she had proof in papers, and documents to back it up. She would pull out a folder of papers from somewhere, likely using some sort of magic to contain things in a pocket dimension. "These papers, feel free to take them and examine them all you wish. No matter what you find, you will find that these papers are valid and are dated to when they say they are." she spoke, opening them up so Twilight could read them. It was her birth certificate information, with all the various information listed on it. If this was in anyway checked by whatever Twilight's magic, it would reign true.

"And, if you doubt me as much as you apparently do - I feel as if you should meet our great ancestor here. She's a ghost, but don't worry - she's been wanting to speak with you for a very long time." she smirked, and started to lead them towards where Alluria would usually be. "You'd be surprised at how hidden a lot of things are in this world - even your own family. But truth eventually finds a way." she spoke calmly.

"Three things cannot be hidden for long - the Sun, the Moon, and the Truth." 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby disagreed with the idea that lowering oneself to the standards of a society was a good thing, especially when the society was made by weaker creatures, but obviously it was a hypocritical belief when considering the fact that she had gone lot further to do that than someone like Leviathan. But in her defense, she still did lot of things not accepted by ponies, she just made sure nobody knew about it, and she had also learned their rules well enough to be able to stretch them as far as she could, thus actions like killing the bird earlier, she liked doing things that made ponies uncomfortable but weren't anything they could actually punish her for. 

She had also made it so that she got the last laugh, if ponies did at some point declare a war on her by trying to do something to her, she would make sure the destruction she left behind was enough to cause nightmares for generations to come.

Ruby didn't say any of this though, as it was such topic that speaking of it here would risk her cover, instead she addressed the latter point.

"He's an observer, like his sister, attacking a new threat outright is a foolish thing to do, rather it is better to observe them first, to see if they are a threat in the first place, and if they are, how to best deal with them." "Presence of older dragons helps too, when there's someone more experienced that he trusts around, he can just see how they react and base his reaction to that, while upbringing isn't that good in general, dragons still learn from each other." due to talking normal volume, she avoided using words that implied her direct connection to the topic, but obviously her thoughts were based on herself.

She started by responding to the last question "Year, maybe few, I don't actually know for sure, I spend lot of time in the cave so I didn't have a way to keep time, I just went out now and then to gather a stockpile of food." "But learning to read wasn't the most time consuming part of it, rather, it was the magic, to put it simply, I had to pretty much reinvent it, because the specifics of current day's magic is different from the one written about, that is why my arsenal is limited, to have a new spell, I have to make it myself." 

"For the idea of 'local books', there is no such thing, everything that has existed in plain sight is gone, the only reasons why it is known that there ever was a civilization, are verbal stories that have gone through generations, and signs of the past like unnatural formations, ruins of structures, and the treasure everyone hoards, while new treasure has made its way into the lands, it still mostly consists of ancient coins, pieces of ancient stuff, and cut gems." 

"And while it's fine with me if you read along with Charir, I have not, and will not consider selling any of it, it is true it could be profitable, but information is power, and sometimes being the only one with access to certain knowledge is far more valuable than any amount of currency." "It is also best for...the whole planet really, that the Homelands go unknown and unbothered, dragons leaving the Homelands in great numbers wouldn't be good for anyone." 

----------------------------------------------

"Close enough." Solar simply responded to Harpoon's conclusion, some details were bit different, but she got the general point, so no need to nitpick "I'm sure they'll be willing to tell you things more in detail later if you are curious..." he said gesturing at the sibling "...or if we meet later somewhere where my presence isn't actively harming someone, I can tell you more too." 

"It is...complicated." He stated regarding the counter measures "There is always the chance that she was damaged in the arrival, since there was a collapse that killed two prison guards that arrived here too, but assuming she is at her top shape, she is not impervious to everything, but she is impervious to everything you currently have, all your weapons and magical capabilities are...obsolete, this is true for all branches of the guard here." "The elements of harmony could work, since we never had them used in their full potential and thus didn't create defense for them, though them needing very specific six ponies is a weakness to say the least." "I would suggest outsmarting her, but she has more years of military experience than the years we all have been alive combined." "So currently the only approach for you would be overwhelming force, and I don't mean armies, and rather things like powerful magic or natural disasters, you can't get through her defense, but you can wash her into the sea by redirecting a river at her, or force her to retreat by blasting her with enough magic to destroy a city, it is only a temporary solution of course, but that's what you need until we have something more effective, which is something I am working on." "Banishment is also an option, while she has powerful magical defenses, she's not magically skilled, so she wouldn't be able to escape magical imprisonment." 

For the doctor, the shield was still up, but she would still get a response, in form of Sear gesturing that what she said was heard and understood, because while the spell kept their conversation private, they could still hear and see everything from around them, after all, it would be a security risk to block your own ability to spot threats. 

"For good news, it really depends." "Firstly, no need for respect, I and no doubt they too agree that our home is a cesspool..." the kobolds nodded "...it is a foul and evil place, and nothing good comes out of it." "And while that does mean that most things that come from there are worse than most of your 'villains', the awfulness also brings a positive."

"To use myself for example, I do not take a moral high ground in front of someone like Sheez, as I too was a soldier, and I too have caused more death and suffering that this land has seen since the endless winter." "But like many, I did not do it out of personal enjoyment, in fact, I despise myself for what I've done, that just is the way of the land, if you wish to live a life of any comfort, you join the guard, and guards do terrible things." "Is it selfish? yes, cowardly? yes evil? yes, but that is what most ponies do, a decision between your own future and morals." "Even these two, while they are without argument victims of the evil and unfair world, they too have more blood in their hands than you can imagine, they are rebels, part of the few brave enough to fight the losing fight for better future, or like their prison file said, terrorists." 

The siblings clearly didn't appreciate the last part, but if it was because they were called terrorists, or because Solar had read their file, that could only be guessed.

"My point being, I am one of the foul creatures our world spews out, yet I am here dedicating my time to counter others like myself, why? because like many others, I did not do evil things out of pure evil, and rather out of necessity, and now that I have been give a chance of peace, I'll give my all to protect it, because our home is awful, full of suffering, and the last thing I want is for it to come here." "That is the positive I can think of, I believe that besides the minority of the most dedicated, when given the chance of peace, those like myself choose to embrace it." "That is why I say Sheez is only a potential threat, as even she may calm down when shown true peace, and considering that she has yet to do anything, it is very much possible she is at least considering it." 

"Lastly, the chances for further arrivals, very likely, in fact, besides those already mentioned, and whoever sent me that message, there most likely is several more that have arrived here before myself, some may even have lived a full life here and died of old age, maybe even had families." "The whole, things getting banished out of our world- thing, has been happening for millennia, and it gets worse every year, thus, even though it is obvious not all of that has ended up here, even if one thousandth of a percent of all things gone came here, that would still mean hundreds if not thousands of things coming here, that does not mean hundreds of individuals though, as it is totally random, and those things can be everything from entire buildings with creatures in them to small pile of dirt or a cube of empty air." 

@EQ_Theta

The filly were thrilled, as she saw how the cat reacted positively to her attention, and affection. Especially when she returned fromt he bowl, and laid down, at which point, the filly would definitely take the chance, and slowly, gently pet the cat.

Hammond would just watch this, absorbing information along with the view. For instance, now being completely sure, that the purring were a friendly sound, when it came from Munchkin. Probably a thing for other cats too, yes? It came up more than once now, so it seemed like it. The same with the rubbing against others. It reminded him somewhat of what he did, so that he could track things and beings, but a little different still, as she wasn't of his kin. She couldn't do the same.... Though maybe, it were still something with smell? He would have to watch her more closely, and find out.

Wouldn't be long after, when Hammond would suddenly perk his ears, and look to the left, seemingly through the wall, then back up at the filly. He'd make his gestures, communicating something to her, and she would in turn, do the same. They'd have a bit of a back and forth, and then Hammond would open a set of portals to the side. One to his realm, and a jump from that, to just outside the bakery. Hammond had gone with the first place he recalled, from the previous evening, though why, were not immediately apparent.

"Hammond? Are you present? If so, please find and send Floral to me. She's not in her room, and it is time for breakfast."

The voice of Scarcity would come nearer, and the filly - Floral it seemed - would nod, and get up. Deaf as she were, she could not hear her, but Hammond had sensed his masters presence, and communicated with her, that the mare were close. It appeared they figured the best course of action, were to allow Munchkin a way out, if she so pleased, yet she could also just stay, and meet the owner of this house, if she so pleased. If not though, the path were open, and Hammond would follow her, closing the gates behind them. He did not need to be there for breakfast. Scarcity mostly just wished for him, to help send Floral there, in case they were playing again. It were how some mornings went. Others, with just them communicating. She loved teaching him sign language, and have somepony genuinely show interest in learning, and *talking* with her.

On 2022-09-17 at 8:41 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hello, how can I- Lin? Hey.”

“Omen… Brother… Are you going to let me in?”

“Yes. I still go some dried berries, so just help yourself to those.”

“Sure. And how about you, Omen? How was your evening?”

"Hello."

"Liiihm!"

The knocking had finally woken Shrimp up properly, and through groggy eyes, he had been able to see two of his caretakers. Yet one had been missing. The bat pony too, but that wasn't the biggest issue right now. He wanted Lin.

She had shown up, from behind the door, soon after, and thus, he had let out a pleased calling of her name, and a little noodle dance.

Neither him, nor Omen, sensed something being wrong, per se. Omen didn't at least, though something in the room felt strange for Shrimp. He couldn't explain what it were, but it felt... Heavy, in a way? Very weird. Though if it kept going, he'd catch on soon enough.

"My evening was okay. I watched Sen when he slept. Scared him, by standing too close, but Shrimp fell asleep on him. I thought I should not move.

How was yours? Did you think too? Sen did a lot of that. You two did not agree on things, yes? Did it help to think?"

@Kujamih

"Shark is from ocean! Then special one take me, and make me like friends. Now I live in strange, dry world. Lots of fun things."

Shark did not grasp the concept, nor necessity, of subtlety, nor the need to conceal her origins. And in fairness, she were lumbering a large shark tail behind her, and about half the town, had seen her hunt and eat mutant frogs, when that invasion happened. It were pretty hard to pass her off as a pony, just from some distant land.

Least she didn't know anything about where Light were from, so she could not spoil that.

"Many come to Ponyville, seeking fortune far from home. Thus too were the tale of Alonsus, as I left the west behind, and sought new horizons. A fresh start, filled with new, exciting beings. I had not thought, that said path would see me being where I am, yet simple as it is, I find joy in this life. Barring the few monster attacks. Strange town this is, but Alonsus are not one, who backs down from a challenge."

He were not lying. he did come from the west. Yet specifically where, he only shared with his boss, and his parole officer. Anypony from back home, would know who he were, and specifically, why he were not there anymore.

"So what fortunes, dost thou seek then, friends? A place to settle down perchance? Exciting adventure? The allure of danger, hanging above our fair town? Alonsus asks much, yet it is all to be welcome, to new faces in our midst."

@AuroraGlimmer

On 2022-09-16 at 1:28 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

"as for a Phoenix, well they are a lot more..cuddly than a snake or lizard" she smiles to him, scooting a bit closer "and I might be able to get a hold of one for you if you are serious about getting one"

"Oh, you... You c-could? That would be uhm... Y-Yes, thank you. I will think on it some more, and ah, read up on them, in not too long of a time. I still need to ah, know a few things in advance, if I decide to go that route."

He were bemused that she could do that. It were not to say he doubted her abilities. Far from it. It were more that it seemed a prospect that would forever be out of range. And the snake... Well, he knew a terrarium would be needed, but then, he also liked the more free roaming ones. Like the one at one of the tailors in town. There were that large snake slithering around, not harming a soul there. A delightful creature honestly, if a bit vain, according to the owner.

He uh, also got a bit flustered, as he noticed Skittles scoot closer to him. It were still a little odd, to find one so willing to approach him, int he way that she did, and had, for the time they had known one another. It were a pleasant experience honestly. Wasn't like he could claim, to have many friends who enjoyed his presence, to this same degree. Especially after knowing more about his ah, home situation, one might say.

On 2022-09-16 at 1:28 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

As they waited for their orders, she'd smile a bit more "you're spot on actually, one of her animals were being..especialy stubborn, and I had just recently moved to Ponyville, and she had heard of me and my talents through Twilight, who had visited the School from time to time" she would smile a little "needless to say, I was able to get what was wrong with the little one and we begun talking and soon became good friends. I usually take my wild charges to her, and she takes her domestic to me"

"That is an ah, interesting way to help each other out. A fortunate turn of events too, that you could be of help, to one another. Not the ah, biggest surprise I suppose. Flutterhy is a shy one, but ah, very friendly, from what I have noticed."

"Your drinks are here."

He'd almost jump out of his chair, as the voice of Stare suddenly were there, behind him. She'd wander past, and put a tray with their drink on the table, then say their food would be there in about 4-6 minutes, before wandering off again, vanishing into the crowd. Said drinks were fragrant, and sweet smelling. Steaming hot from the cup.

"U-Uhm yes... D-Drinks are here. My regular, in fact. It's ah, not something I partake in often, but the times when I do, I always come for these. The ah, barista have long since taken note of that, so she usually prepares it, before I reach the desk. It is not often, that I sit down in here."

@Sekel @Props

On 2022-09-13 at 12:23 AM, Magnolia said:

"Nearly dying to a bear and being close to death has made me lose any and all fear of it. I do not fear death, for we are surrounded by it." she said, with a stance that would indicate she was proud of that. More so, proud of those who surrounded her. 

"I won't kill you, if you annoy the princess. I'll break your legs."

Last were not impressed with this mare. A bear had almost killed her, and she thought herself fearless? Don't make her laugh. She had grown up in a seemingly, neverending warzone. The landscape so torn by battle, that the very essence of the generations of beings that had died there, oozed from the ground. She herself, had seen friends, family, and monsters, die around her, since she could barely walk. And yet, she wouldn't claim herself fearless, because as an instructor of hers had said: Denying fear, made you a fool. There were always something that you would be afraid of. The trick were not then to deny it, but to conquer it, and control your fear. Make it fuel for the battles ahead.

Besides that though, she meant what she said. She had no interest in killing this mare, unless she proved a life-threatening presence for herself, or the princess. In that case, her fear of a pointless, honor-less death, or that of the princess being hurt, would spring her into action. But she'd probably just break the mare's leg. It'd heal in time, and made for a very direct warning.

On 2022-09-17 at 3:44 PM, Sekel said:

"Older sister? Since when do I have an older sister? There's no trace of there being one! The only point of contact I've had with you is this letter," Twilight told Magnolia and magicked the letter out from her saddlebags and levitated it over to Magnolia to see. "If you sent letters before, I never got them except somehow for this one. I've looked at my family history before and there's no mention of a Magnolia Sparkle or Alluria Sparkle. I've looked! There's no trace there! So try to explain that to me while explaining how I've got an older sister my parents never told me about."

On 2022-09-17 at 5:30 PM, Magnolia said:

"And, if you doubt me as much as you apparently do - I feel as if you should meet our great ancestor here. She's a ghost, but don't worry - she's been wanting to speak with you for a very long time." she smirked, and started to lead them towards where Alluria would usually be. "You'd be surprised at how hidden a lot of things are in this world - even your own family. But truth eventually finds a way." she spoke calmly.

"Three things cannot be hidden for long - the Sun, the Moon, and the Truth." 

Seems things were heating up, and the various ones present, seemed to have their own reactions to things. Last for one, got more in front of the princess, and glared at the mare.

Cherish seemed a little more pale, as she feared this would suddenly get into a confrontation.

Zeehva would speak up though, and move forth, trying to address Last, and the princess.

"P-Please don't fight. If uh... You want to get to the bottom of this, you'd best speak with Alluria. I h-hear you're a very t-taught mare, Princess Twilight, yes? So... Y-You'd want all the available clues, and information, b-before you dismiss everything out of hoof, y-yes?"

As for Drone... She were about to do something, but then a loud shout got her attention.

"Die, Manetid!"

The manetid barely managed to raise its arms up, and grab the hoof headed for it, as Hawk Eye jumped in, from seemingly out of nowhere, hoof first. The force of her kick, making it so that Drone slid back, several meters, and the mark int he ground, made it fairly obvious, that something had hit hard here.

"Krrrghtkkt. Shrine Maiden."

She'd raise her scythe arms, ready to retaliate, before they were both risen up in a telekinesis aura. A pale one, seemingly belonging to Stitch Wraith. They both still seemed to glare at one another though, and struggle against their binds.

===========================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

With the house empty, the pony sent there, would let out a sigh, and bag up evidence, such as the note. It seemed blank, but there were ways, that one could get text back from paper. Just nothing he could do where he stood. Afterwards, he'd look through the house, breaking in if he had to, to try and find some clues. After a bit of a search, he'd rummage through his pack, and then crack open a vial. After a bit, a small gate would open, with a dark rodent popping through. The gate would expand, and behind him, would come Scarcity. They'd then discuss things further, and she'd arrange for transport, for some actual investigators, while he kept going in the other direction, looking for clues. She were not one, who enjoyed not knowing answers, and one way or another, she were going to get them. There were always something left behind to go by.

Meanwhile, here with them however, Stare would pat her shoulder, showing comfort to her friend.

"If there's anything, we'll find it. Don't worry. You'll still have a home here, even if it takes a bit longer. I won't throw you out."

"Nothing serious, huh? He just belted out that we do it in public!" Dawn yelled at Pop, gesturing with a hoof at Kaltrops. She wasn't yelling at Pop specifically, just at the general nonsense of this situation. Pop just happened to be right there and listening when she spoke.

"Now now, lower your voice. There's no need to yell."

She were starting to see what those two were seeing in each other... They were both explosively emotional, with anger flaring as an easy option. Those two were gonna have an... Interesting relationship. Either they'd have around ten kids, or one of them would end up strangling the other. That were gonna be her guess, at least.

"Also, you're just saying it too now, and pretty loudly, I might add. Along with some... Unfortunate phrasing. Maybe it's best if you came inside the store, and tried to breathe a little? I don't think it'd be good if you dug yourself further down this hole at least. The guard might get called upon."

It were likely best that they did not go that route, right? There were already enough looking, and smirking. She were not helping her situation, by screaming out questionable sentences. It were better to just get some distance to things, take some deep breaths, and something relaxing, and just, find her center again. Before things escalated to a guard visit.

===========================================================================

@Sekel

"You call it hiding. Most of the harsher queens, think of it more as not teasing the prey.

Now then, you say you spoke with Thorax? And how did it go, exactly?"

She'd wait, as Happy Hour would explain the details to her, nodding along now and again, as she took in the information.

"I had assumed some degree of threat of violence, not tentative acceptance. Things may proceed faster than I anticipated then. I will await word from him and the princess, when the venue is set. You will be required to attend, Happy."

"Of course, my queen."

"I can imagine you will be summoned, once they know you are in the area, Aurora. A character witness of sorts. Though you could in theory hide, if you8 make a convincing enough form.

Are you able to conceal yourself, from other changelings? Or are your transformation more basic? Ascension may have changed it, so I would advice you to attempt. It may save your life, to know for certain."

She were watching Aurora closely, as if scanning her through, microfiber by microfiber. Many things might eventually change, but Onache would likely never lose this, as she were used to seize up her opposition, or prey. Rather thoroughly, in fact. Best to not miss easy weaknesses, or potential worrisome strengths.

============================================================================

@Sekel

The saddle were so ridiculously large, that they could easily have a walk around on it, as Gretha prepared to take wings. She waited to see if the sphinx would join them too, but Enzo were not going to do that, out of pride, as well as fear. No matter, he could follow. The young man had wings after all.

So she would spread her wings, and begin to fly towards Deltrot. Enzo would soon follow. He may not trust this dragon, but she were flying off, with his companions. His... Friends, if you wanted to put a tag on it. He couldn't simply leave them wit her. What might she do?

"Yes, we're heading to Deltrot for a bomb show," Atzy nodded, unsure of what the dragon wanted. "You seem friendly enough and Karmic trusts you enough to get into your saddle. I just hope I can be a good representative of this Gemling species I'm now a part of and to be clear ... the ... the changeling parasitic goo I used to be was an experiment. I was made from scratch in a petri dish. For what purpose, I know not yet," Atzy added after giving it some thought and decided to join her sister and Blitz up in the saddle and settled down next to them.

"The older Boom then? I know where he resides. I can bring you there, before I return to the docks.

I won't judge you, for what you were, little one. But I am telling you, to thread with caution. Those who remember, or have read of the crystal beasts, will watch you with fear, waiting for you to do something, to prove them right. I hope you can instead show them, that things can change."

Gretha had lived through the rise and fall, of several empires, and species. She had seen much, which included how mortals could evolve, and change. So much as she did not put much faith int he beasts themselves, she would wait and see, if perhaps they too had changed. Or at least this one had. They better hope so. The refractions, who held them in check, and even defeated them once, had drastically fallen in numbers. A large number off eggs going missing, on top of a massacre, and illness, if she heard right. Troubling times, for old nemesi to rise again.

She'd observe things with some interest. It were a new age, where many bonds got mended, or crafted. It may well prove, to be the right time for an ancient influence, to rise their head again.

As for their trip, they'd soon fly over the large city of Deltrot, soaring towards houses, tall and small. All the while, Blitz ran in large circles, around on the saddle, enjoying herself immensely, whilst at times waving to Enzo, flying to their side.

A sphinx were not less a concerning sight here, but Gretha were well known to the locals, and they knew she would not lead an enemy in, to rain death upon them all, so they trusted there were meaning with this.

They did not get far into town though. They'd be at the outskirts, at the industrial area, and would land in front of one area, where there were only a few large storage facilities, and then this odd place. A fortress more or less, of metal, surrounded with gravel. Said fortress, would slide open the large, metallic door, and a pony would wander out, as Gretha made use of the space before his home, to land, though one foot were in his front yard.

"Big broooooooo!"

Blitz would jump out from Gretha's satchel, and would flutter her wings with magic a few time, not getting anywhere with it. In fact, she'd sink like a rock, falling towards solid ground beneath. Yet Molotov would easily grab hold of her with his magic, before she got in danger.

"Y'know sis, one of these days, you're gonna get in trouble."

He'd settle her on the ground, and ruffle her mane, then look upwards with a grin, and a risen hoof.

"Heyah Gretha. Always a pleasure. Who're your friends? And what did Blitz go and do now? Were she rummaging around the docks again?"

He'd grin up, whilst the elder dragon leaned down, making it easier for the others to get off, without taking the long dive.

============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"He's an observer, like his sister, attacking a new threat outright is a foolish thing to do, rather it is better to observe them first, to see if they are a threat in the first place, and if they are, how to best deal with them." "Presence of older dragons helps too, when there's someone more experienced that he trusts around, he can just see how they react and base his reaction to that, while upbringing isn't that good in general, dragons still learn from each other." due to talking normal volume, she avoided using words that implied her direct connection to the topic, but obviously her thoughts were based on herself.

"Always a smart idea, to learn from your elders. A right smart cookie this one."

She'd send a big grin to Charir, beaming with joy. This really were one bright kid, and with a bit of a helping start, she were gonna bet that he could go far in this world. 

"It's different among regular dragons of our sort, since families tend to mostly stick together longer, but we all still tend to learn from watching, and experiencing. Pure water dragons for instance, learn a ton from their instinct, and the flock's collective knowledge. Sure they can be a bit feral in it, but they make sure their young gets into the world, knowing what to do, and where to go and look for answers. Or in case they're some of the more wander prone, where to return with information, so the flock can judge what its worth.

Wind based ones, more aloof, and just cruising through life, most of the time, not thinking too hard on consequences. Less bound by family, and more casual about everything. Pretty much what got my father eaten, but y'know, his own darn fault. He should've known better, than to treat a courtship with a water dragon, that casually. Mom and her sort, don't mess around."

She had never met her father. He were eaten, far before she returned to the Dragon Isles. But she still wouldn't have taken his side. Nor did most others. Folks who knew water aligned dragons, knew what kind they were, and though all had their own opinions of them, they knew their values, and ideals. So what he had done, were pretty much death by self inflicted stupidity. She'd even heard about an uncle of hers, who agreed with it, even though he still missed his brother. She'd never met him yet though. Never bothered looking either, honestly. Wasn't like he tried looking for her.

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

She started by responding to the last question "Year, maybe few, I don't actually know for sure, I spend lot of time in the cave so I didn't have a way to keep time, I just went out now and then to gather a stockpile of food." "But learning to read wasn't the most time consuming part of it, rather, it was the magic, to put it simply, I had to pretty much reinvent it, because the specifics of current day's magic is different from the one written about, that is why my arsenal is limited, to have a new spell, I have to make it myself." 

"For the idea of 'local books', there is no such thing, everything that has existed in plain sight is gone, the only reasons why it is known that there ever was a civilization, are verbal stories that have gone through generations, and signs of the past like unnatural formations, ruins of structures, and the treasure everyone hoards, while new treasure has made its way into the lands, it still mostly consists of ancient coins, pieces of ancient stuff, and cut gems." 

"And while it's fine with me if you read along with Charir, I have not, and will not consider selling any of it, it is true it could be profitable, but information is power, and sometimes being the only one with access to certain knowledge is far more valuable than any amount of currency." "It is also best for...the whole planet really, that the Homelands go unknown and unbothered, dragons leaving the Homelands in great numbers wouldn't be good for anyone." 

"I understand. It was pretty much just an idea anyway, but your reasonings are solid. Better to let sleeping dragons rest, as they say. And I'm not trying to force you to do anything, so if you don't want to, then that's your choice. I just figured it couldn't hurt, to let you know what you could do with that sorta info. A fair bit of egg heads, who goes real hard into history, here in Equestria.

Probably best to not let folks know about ancient treasure there too then. Some dummies still think its worth going after a dragons hoard, and trying that where you're from, ain't gonna end well. Might even cause some retaliation strikes, just to let folks know that they're not welcome."

A bit of a pity, that they weren't gonna get a lot of story and such, when it came to this, but oh well. Just how things went sometimes, yeah? Had to account for the dangers too, and the chance of retaliation, etc. So Ruby were more than likely in the right here. Just still seemed like a shame, for the benefits there could be. But who cared, right? There were mounds of gold to find for the dragon elsewhere. And in the case of Leviathan herself, a mount of personal items, to add to her stash.

Still weird to her, how other dragons thought that was pointless. Treasure had many interpretations, but it went down to things of value. Well, cold coin and gold, were all fine and stuff, but it were still just value, because a system were set up to give it value. Personal items though? Now those had value, on a much more intriguing level, for her.

No wedding rings or bands though. There were limits.

"Seems like we're about ready, to enter Ponyville. But wanna finish, but saying I agree, war wouldn't be good. No matter who'd win, the tension between dragons and ponies in general, would end up majorly damaged, and I like traversing society. It's where all the valuable things are."

As they rolled into the station, and came to a halt, Leviathan would yawn, and stretch her arms. Would be good to come out, and move about again, instead of being in this here box of a train cart.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It isn't my place to judge past deeds, unless they were done here on Equestrian soil. That is for the generals, and the princesses. My sole responsibility, is to the citizens of Equestria, and unless I see something, or am given a wanted poster, with your names upon it, what happened before does not impact that.

Besides, the law is clear: Rehabilitation, over incarceration. Barring a few examples, or those who have proven it does not help. What I've seen of these two thus far, doesn't make me think there is trouble, and if you have been absorbed into the Equestrian Solar Guard, they see more value in giving you a chance too. I will trust they know what they are doing, pompous as they might sometimes be."

There were a lot for her to take in, about what she were hearing here, but she felt she needed to make her stance on things firm first. About Trox, Sheska, and Solar. It sounded like they had all done horrible things, but if the environment, and situations were different too, then like Solar said, there were choices one had to make. Even if you didn't like it, nor what it did to you. She'd lie if she claimed she weren't curious, but some things were best to just not dig into. This sounded like one of them.

"As for Sheez... I dunno how much I trust what you're saying about her, but even if a little is true, it would cause big trouble, to have her on the war path against us. The general should probably be informed it is best to have her distracted, and lead away from populated areas, if the situation requires it. We in th Coastal Guard, do not have huge, magical relics, like the royal branches do, so we make do with our own strength, and whatever's salvaged from the ocean, that's not send to the Royal Vault. I don't know if anything there, would fit something, that could be used against anyone, that's like how you describe her."

She didn't even know what they had really. The Coastal Guard had their own vault, enchanted, and hid deep in the ocean, but what were in it, were for those of a far higher rank than herself. She only knew the rumors, of things like siren-related artifacts, things that would decay, if kept out of the water, and of course, the old legend, of the Trident of Raz'Habuhl. Been a legend in the guard, since before they made stronger ties with Equestria, and became less independent, but had seemingly never been brought forth. If it was even real, which she sort of doubted honestly. A weapon to make the tide rise at your command, and the fiends from the deepest trenches, come forth in your defense, sounded too ludicrous to be true.

"Regarding what you said at the end... It sounds like your world is unravelling, and being sent here, piece by piece. And with all due respect, I'd prefer it, if you did not tell me more of that. I like my life simpler, without having to worry about a building suddenly materializing above my home, crushing me and my family. If not worse. Life have enough things to be concerned about as is, without this sort of thing being added to the proverbial pile. Like land sharks, or another deep sea serpent, rising up and testing the waters.

Is there anything else, that I should be made aware of, before you take your leave? Whatever you're saying, I assure you will be passed on to General Tidal Wave, when the time allows it, so whatever relevant information I can bring, will be good to have on hoof."

She knew, that the kobold siblings were not thrilled with his presence, but she needed to know if what she had to know, had been shared. She could apologize for that later, if required.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Skittles would smile, "It will be a bit difficult as I would have to go to the Dragonlands, as that is where they are likely to be found" she smiles "Luckily for me though, Spike and Smolder are my friends, so I can get in and Spike's pet PeeWee, well he is a sweet little baby" she wuld say with a smile and a nod. "And you are right there, it is a interesting way to help each ohter out, but it works, as some pets can be rather stubborn and aloof, like Rarity's cat Opal" she would giggle "I swear, Opal is just as fussy as Rarity can be" she then jumps at the sound of Long Stare's quiet voice but soon regained her bearings "whew, Stare, you startled me there" she says before thanking her for the dirnk and beginning to sip on it "mm delicious"

@Blitz Boom

"Well Alonsus, I'm just here for her." He said as he looks at Shark.

He'd then watch the festivities happening in front of him and calmly add, 

"I'm just a simple stallion now... My Past removed, a future renewed. And I'd like to keep it that way." 

" But I know my past is out there preparing for my judgement."

" Heh... No use on worrying now, right?"

Light asked him, since he felt a connection with Alonsus. A fellow stallion who is hunted by the past. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-09-19 at 4:59 AM, Blitz Boom said:

The voice of Scarcity would come nearer, and the filly - Floral it seemed - would nod, and get up. Deaf as she were, she could not hear her, but Hammond had sensed his masters presence, and communicated with her, that the mare were close. It appeared they figured the best course of action, were to allow Munchkin a way out, if she so pleased, yet she could also just stay, and meet the owner of this house, if she so pleased. If not though, the path were open, and Hammond would follow her, closing the gates behind them. He did not need to be there for breakfast. Scarcity mostly just wished for him, to help send Floral there, in case they were playing again. It were how some mornings went. Others, with just them communicating. She loved teaching him sign language, and have somepony genuinely show interest in learning, and *talking* with her.

The petting was a nice feeling, though there weren’t many creatures who got a chance to do it. Hammond and the baker had the opportunity to do it on some occasions, but the latter had to earn the cat’s trust. Eventually, it got a little easier despite Munchkin’s selectiveness when it comes to who it wants to pet her. Right now, this was a pretty good place to be, and she got the scents of the filly and Hammond so she’ll recognize them. 

For now, it seemed like the filly, Floral, was being called away, and so the cat would stay put to let her be on her way. Munchkin had her own routine to return to, but would very much want to come back some time. For now, she planned to go to the bakery to get some small pieces of bread from the nice baker, maybe even see the odd reptilian creature riding on Omen and study it some more. There was plenty to do for the day. 

Parting wasn’t really something the cat had gestures for, though she’d try something to let the filly know it was okay for them to temporarily part ways. Once a gate was open, the little cat walked up to Floral and gave her a light head butt on one of her legs. It wasn’t exactly elegant, as it was more of a gentle push based on two creatures’ size difference, but it was something. Once the filly was ready to go, she’d walk through the gate to see if she was anywhere near the bakery on the other side. However, if the filly didn’t quite understand the gesture, the cat would try again.

As for what was happening at Rosa’s home, things didn’t exactly go as either of the siblings hoped. No talk or airing of grievances between them. Though there was the uneasy silence, that was broken with Omen and Shrimp conversing with Lin, especially Shrimp’s very enthusiastic greeting. Whatever anger she had temporarily dissipated, and she just couldn’t help but smile when she sees the little creature dancing. Of course, there was still her brother sitting across her looking rather dejected from her cold entrance, but there were reasons for her to stay despite her beef with him. She even offered to give some of the berries she grabbed and give them to Shrimp instead. 

On 2022-09-19 at 4:59 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"My evening was okay. I watched Sen when he slept. Scared him, by standing too close, but Shrimp fell asleep on him. I thought I should not move.

How was yours? Did you think too? Sen did a lot of that. You two did not agree on things, yes? Did it help to think?"

“Scaring brother, huh? That must have been something… As for last night, I spent some time in town, then moved back to the cave to think about what happened. Even ran into Hammond and had a nice chat before the cat, Munchkin, joined us. The two of them eventually left, though our talk left me with more things to wonder about with… you know… Whether it helped, I don’t know.”

Once more, the odd tension returned as Lin grew silent, staring at her brother and him staring back, like they both expected the other to start talking for real. Eventually, one broke the silence.

“Sister,” Sen began, though his voice grew heavy as he spoke. “Sooner or later, we will have to settle this, so why are you angry? Did I do anything to make you angry?”

“Do anything? More like doing nothing! I had the right to be angry about the longma and the elders. Or have you forgotten what happened? Mother and father? There was a time when that meant something to you. Did what happened to them mean nothing all of a sudden? You could have backed me, said something more to get uncle to do more! It's like you forgot or just didn't care anymore.”

Sen was taken aback despite knowing this was going to be the direction the conversation would go. As much as he could anticipate it, hearing the accusations from his sister felt different. Nothing could dampen the sting coming from the words of family, but he had to follow her train of thought. It was a lot more difficult than expected, especially when he was accused of doing nothing, and he imagined what else could follow that.

“What could I have done? You are angry, I get that, but what good would staying angry do for you? You barely tolerate anyone in the village aside from the few friends we have left, and one wrong move will probably lose whatever goodwill we have, maybe make more enemies. You once had anger consume your thoughts, went so far as to look for dark powers to get back at everyone who wronged us, and look where that got you.” 

The longma didn’t raise his voice like his sister, partly to control himself from cutting loose and partly to avoid waking Rosa. Though in reality, he probably already heard Lin’s outburst a short while earlier. Still, he was angry that Lin didn’t seem to learn her lesson from way back when she got her new body, though she looked like she had a better understanding of her situation and what led to it. Right now, it doesn’t seem to be the case, though she paused to sit down and look at her claws, her near pitch-black hide, and the smoky wisps that was once her webbing.

There was definitely more to go from Lin, as her rage was slowly growing from a simmer earlier, but this moment gave her pause. Whether it was to take in what her brother said or come up with a retort was unknown. As for Sen, he hoped to reach out and convince his sister to let go of her anger or vent it through other productive means that didn’t involve potentially antagonizing anyone back home. At the very least, he hoped this difficult conversation wasn’t going to greatly disturb Rosa or confuse Omen.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-09-20 at 2:33 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Parting wasn’t really something the cat had gestures for, though she’d try something to let the filly know it was okay for them to temporarily part ways. Once a gate was open, the little cat walked up to Floral and gave her a light head butt on one of her legs. It wasn’t exactly elegant, as it was more of a gentle push based on two creatures’ size difference, but it was something. Once the filly was ready to go, she’d walk through the gate to see if she was anywhere near the bakery on the other side. However, if the filly didn’t quite understand the gesture, the cat would try again.

Floral looked giddy as could be, and stroked her paw gently over Munchkin's head, and down her back, before getting up. She'd stop and wave first though, to both her, and Hammond. The latter of whom would wave back, before the filly would move to wander out of the room. Though if Munchkin were not done, she'd stick around for a bit longer. If not, she had breakfast waiting.

On the other side of the gate, the bakery indeed were. It were around 9 in the morning at this point, and they'd be coming out at the side of the building, where likely less folks could see them. Even if they could, it were hard to guess what they'd think. A squirrel with oversized ears, and three eyes, and a cat, jumping out of a hole in the wall, might just be one of those weird things, that were best to just sorta move past, and not think too hard about.

Wherever Munchkin wanted to go from there, Hammond would follow. After closing the gate of course. Couldn't just leave that open. Mother were very clear about that.

On 2022-09-20 at 2:33 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Scaring brother, huh? That must have been something… As for last night, I spent some time in town, then moved back to the cave to think about what happened. Even ran into Hammond and had a nice chat before the cat, Munchkin, joined us. The two of them eventually left, though our talk left me with more things to wonder about with… you know… Whether it helped, I don’t know.”

Once more, the odd tension returned as Lin grew silent, staring at her brother and him staring back, like they both expected the other to start talking for real. Eventually, one broke the silence.

“Sister,” Sen began, though his voice grew heavy as he spoke. “Sooner or later, we will have to settle this, so why are you angry? Did I do anything to make you angry?”

“Do anything? More like doing nothing! I had the right to be angry about the longma and the elders. Or have you forgotten what happened? Mother and father? There was a time when that meant something to you. Did what happened to them mean nothing all of a sudden? You could have backed me, said something more to get uncle to do more! It's like you forgot or just didn't care anymore.”

Sen was taken aback despite knowing this was going to be the direction the conversation would go. As much as he could anticipate it, hearing the accusations from his sister felt different. Nothing could dampen the sting coming from the words of family, but he had to follow her train of thought. It was a lot more difficult than expected, especially when he was accused of doing nothing, and he imagined what else could follow that.

“What could I have done? You are angry, I get that, but what good would staying angry do for you? You barely tolerate anyone in the village aside from the few friends we have left, and one wrong move will probably lose whatever goodwill we have, maybe make more enemies. You once had anger consume your thoughts, went so far as to look for dark powers to get back at everyone who wronged us, and look where that got you.” 

"Please do not fight. You think things should be done differently, yes? It sounds like you are both right. It makes sense to feel both ways."

"I hear that you insist this to be a good time, to finally break the silence?"

They shouldn't worry about waking up Rosa anymore. He had been awakened, and due to his sensitive ears, and raining, he had automatically picked up on what else were said. Minus what Omen came with at the end, as he were out of her radius. But he assumed she were just observing, rather than getting herself involved in things.

He'd let out a large yawn, as he wandered down the stairs. His mane and tail were a mess, despite them being as short as they were, yet he hadn't time to think of that. The words that had caused him to stir, made it evident, that things were about to escalate, and he'd do better in trying to stop it from going too far, or end in a shouting match.

"I'll make some coffee, and then I think we should all sit down, and speak rationally about this, like functional adults. Over breakfast optimally."

Omen would pick this time to just wander out of gate, that she manifested next to her, without a word of why. Rosa internally rolled his eyes, but endeavored to ask her later. One step at a time.

As he recalled, there had been some coffee in the gift basket, and rightly so, he'd rummage, and find one behind some of the fruit. It still seemed good, but should likely be eaten soon, before it spoiled.

Regardless, he'd put a pot over, and then as it were rumbling on the counter, turn around to face his noisy friends.

"Now then, for a start: Goodmorning. It sounds as if there is a lot to talk about. By all means, please have a seat, and let us discuss things, step by step. And let's try to not shout too much okay? It won't solve anything. What will, is for the two of you to see eye to eye with your issue, and find a middle ground of understanding.

From what I heard, the beginning argument is one of extremes then, yes? Lin, you refuse to let go of your grievances. And Sen, you have elected to let it go, and move forward? I can certainly see where the clashing of ideals are rooted then. Especially considering what happened to you, Lin's approach are certainly understandable, although Sen's are more healthy, if we look at the absolute basics.

Yet I ask here for a start, if we can extrapolate. Present your arguments for why your method is what you think is correct, but this time, without attacking the other. Focus on what it is, that makes you feel the way you do, and why. I think you may be better able to understand the other, if we do not throw around accusations, and anger. Not for a start at least."

He'd grab a banana, and peel it, then take a chomp, as he kept a neutral gaze on his friends. This were already looking like it were gonna be a long day, but there were no going around it. The proverbial cat were out of the bag, and it were time the two of them had this chat. He'd just prefer that it were kept somewhat civil.

@Kujamih

"Best to take the ghosts of the past, and leave them stranded far from you, friend. Lift the weight from your shoulders, and live your new life to the fullest."

He could understand what it were like for Light, if he understood the stallion correctly. Alonsus had been a bad seed once, and had those, who'd wish him harm. Old friends turned foes, those he had hurt, as he were ordered too... There were sadly more than enough. The consequences of what he had done, *proudly* on display.

He regretted it all, and had for a long time. The cowards way, gave him a chance out, yet still, he hoped that what good he could do, int he remainder of his days, might serve to somehow atone for things. Perhaps enough, so that he may one day return home, head held high, and harness the courage to face the shadows of his past. Yet for all his bluster, this were yet something, that he hadn't the heart for. Nor the legal right to do. Not yet, in any case.

"New life fun. You try have new life too."

Shark would lean in, and lick him, on the side of the face, from chin tip, to ear tip, and would end looking at him in a goofy way, with her tongue out. A sight which made Alonsus let out another laughter.

"A couple so sweet, warms the heart of Alonsus. May you have a long, fortuitous life together, my friends.

If you yet can muster my presence, then harken to me, and let us wander deeper within th hallowed halls of our town. There is food and beverages a plenty."

Shark's ears perked, when she heard there were food. Even if it were pony food, that were okay. She liked trying new things. Just not more stuff with alcohol, and the tables he'd lead them to, did have a fair area of sodas, That she would be pleased to go with. They were mostly meant for mixing, but nopony was gonna bat an eye, if she just drank that.

Alonsus would go for a Rainbow Reverie. Which were just a cooled soda, with layers of various drinks. He still didn't know how they managed to make that, but he enjoyed the layers one drank through with this one. It were quite refreshing. 

"So my friends, are you planning on settling in our fair town then? Have you found employment, and homes yet, or are you taking things one step at a time?"

@AuroraGlimmer

Sitting and sipping his drink, Honey would ponder the response he had gotten. A certain part of it, seemed a little odd to him, but perhaps it were just him who misunderstood it? Best to ask he supposed.

"If I may, you mentioned phoenixes, and the Dragon Isles, yes? Is there a particular reason why you ah, mention them, over the ah, flocks that are in the Everfree Forest? Are they different in temperament? Or are they the same, and the Dragon Isles, are where they ah, migrate to, during the colder seasons? It is autumn, so I can ah, understand if that is it. I am just trying to understand."

He knew there were at least one *cluster* per se in the forest, around the large tree, near the old castle. The one with all the acorns. Not all were in the same tree per se, but they seemed to be in the general vicinity, and protected their food source there.

"And yes. The ah, drink that you're trying. It is a little sweet for some, but I ah, like the flavor. Berry is quite talented, when it comes to her job."

He'd take the cinnamon stick, and stir it around the beverage, before using it as a straw, to drink some more. He couldn't help it. He enjoyed the extra flavor it gave, and it did make him feel a little giddy inside, every now and again.

"What kind of things do you ah, usually drink, if I might ask? I mostly drink water, and then sometimes this. Some tea can be lovely too. Not big on sodas though I ah, will admit."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Light would smile and blush a bit with Shark's unique display of affection to him. He would also lick back to his love but more passionate and less intense than Shark.

" Thank you.." he replied to Shark.

It seems that the Liquor did enough to make Light a bit more bolder than usual.

" And thank you too Sir Alonsus."

They'd end up heading to more food and beverages where Shark seems to be more comfortable at.

" They say sugar is as bad as alcohol too Shark... So I suggest you limit sweet stuff.. specially for your teeth sweetie." He casually said to Shark while putting some food on his plate.

He wonders if his appetite is back, but it seems that he is still not hungry. He only took a few just to sample the taste, as he doesn't want to miss out what Shark has taken. 

@Blitz Boom

Skittles would giggle a little at his question "Well for the most part the Phoenix flocks are the same between the two places, how-ever, the ones that reside in the Dragonlands are a lot more tamable nd a lot friendlier than the ones in the Everfree, see, the ones in the Everfree are truly wild and are effected by the wild magic of the Everfree." she explains to him, sipping some more on her drink "So if you'd like one that is tamable and won't bother the bess, then you will want from the Dragonlands" she smiles softly.

At his other question, she would smile a bit more "Usually it's something like a nice herbal tea, bobba tea or when it's cold outside, a hot chocolate" she would smile "Caffeine and I..don't exactly mix, so I try to stay clear of it" she finishes her drink and leans back a litlte in her chair.

@Blitz Boom

Star Echo stayed perfectly still as it appeared one of the giant moths had taken an interest in him.  Bringing a big bushy mustache smile to his snoot.  Rather fuzzy and warm for a head sized moth.  With antenna brushing along his glasses, he slowly turned toward his wife and daughter.  "Ho ho ho.  Feathered dearest, look look, one has landed on my head.  Did you bring the camera?" the amused professor inquired, wanting to capture the moment.  Said wife, did not look at all that amused after hearing what these giant moths do to willing participants on that alter.  The requirement for the need of an oil to render said ritual wasn't the most present on her brain.  However, she knew her husband was the scholarly type that, for science, he'd be more interested in the ritual than what was safe, by her standards.  "S-Sweety, this dress doesn't have pockets," Grace stammered.  "Now let's leave the... sacred moths to their... sacred things," the pegasus gulped and motioned her husband over to where her and Dawn were huddled by the exit.  Their daughter rapidly nodded her head in agreement.  "Ho ho ho.  Quite right, quite right," Star agreed, but it appeared to be at just the right attention span of the moth as it decided to rejoin the rest after a minute anyways.  With a wave farewell to the curious creature before joining his wife as motioned.

"An answer indeed.  Those two represent what one could expect from the majority of Equestria.  My father... is a special case," Rising admitted.  He didn't expect this to be an invitation to the ritual of course, but her words confirmed it nonetheless.  This was important to them and had been done in their lands for as long as the Princesses ruled Equestria.  It wouldn't make sense to them, nor was it ever meant to.  These were their ways and important to them, that's what mattered.  There were bound to be things in Equestria that might drive similar reactions from one of Harrowmark.  Spark confusion and judgements just as his mother and sister displayed.  Finding the common areas and gaining an understanding that it isn't meant to all be understood was the road ahead of them.

Scanned?  Rising had been a bit curious how Harrowmark planned to capture his likeness to be cast in stone or whatever material they chose for this statue.  Magic?  A camera?  Was he to stand still in one place while a sculptor worked?  That last one did not appeal to him.  "The show must go on," the detective sighed, using the common theater term.  "Thank you for this revelation, my friend," he nodded and was made ready to follow the priestess out of the chamber.  Dawn and Grace the quickest to leave.

"A secret that will remain?" Rising inquired.  Was it merely kept secret to hide it from Twisted and just vanished from commoner memory, or had it been that Harrowmark at large really never knew.  If that were the case, such a thing would be kept from Equestria as well.  Probably for the best.  But if it were all a choice, then the land of light need never know.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-09-22 at 4:21 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Please do not fight. You think things should be done differently, yes? It sounds like you are both right. It makes sense to feel both ways."

"I hear that you insist this to be a good time, to finally break the silence?"

They shouldn't worry about waking up Rosa anymore. He had been awakened, and due to his sensitive ears, and raining, he had automatically picked up on what else were said. Minus what Omen came with at the end, as he were out of her radius. But he assumed she were just observing, rather than getting herself involved in things.

He'd let out a large yawn, as he wandered down the stairs. His mane and tail were a mess, despite them being as short as they were, yet he hadn't time to think of that. The words that had caused him to stir, made it evident, that things were about to escalate, and he'd do better in trying to stop it from going too far, or end in a shouting match.

"I'll make some coffee, and then I think we should all sit down, and speak rationally about this, like functional adults. Over breakfast optimally."

Lin was feeling rather intense, but she held back after Sen said his piece. He had a point, and there was no denying that if it weren’t for him and some luck, she wouldn’t have had another chance at life, even if that chance came at a cost of sharing one body for a while. Still, it weren’t enough to dissuade her from arguing her points. It was only when she was about to go at it again that she and Sen stopped, both because of Omen’s concern for them and Rosa coming down to see them. Perhaps this conversation would’ve been better if it had happened somewhere private. 

For now, the two would stop their bickering and followed Rosa to the dining room. They’d sit, with Lin angrily staring at her brother, while Sen dejectedly stared down at the floor. If he had shown anger earlier, it didn’t seem present now, as if he didn’t have the heart to be angry with his sister. It was a mistake to do this now instead of waiting until Rosa was awake, but neither of the two would fault him if he were scold them about being inconsiderate. They’d probably be expecting it some time soon. 

Once he offered to mediate for them, it was too late to back out.

On 2022-09-22 at 4:21 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Now then, for a start: Goodmorning. It sounds as if there is a lot to talk about. By all means, please have a seat, and let us discuss things, step by step. And let's try to not shout too much okay? It won't solve anything. What will, is for the two of you to see eye to eye with your issue, and find a middle ground of understanding.

From what I heard, the beginning argument is one of extremes then, yes? Lin, you refuse to let go of your grievances. And Sen, you have elected to let it go, and move forward? I can certainly see where the clashing of ideals are rooted then. Especially considering what happened to you, Lin's approach are certainly understandable, although Sen's are more healthy, if we look at the absolute basics.

Yet I ask here for a start, if we can extrapolate. Present your arguments for why your method is what you think is correct, but this time, without attacking the other. Focus on what it is, that makes you feel the way you do, and why. I think you may be better able to understand the other, if we do not throw around accusations, and anger. Not for a start at least."

“Sorry about the noise, Rosa. We should’ve waited until you were awake, but now that we’re talking… Sen, I am angry with the longma because they can’t just keep going like nothing’s wrong when exiling folks could be abused. They have to know they did wrong because they stood by and let it happen. I’m angry with you because it’s like you just forgot it happened. You can’t simply let it go, not when it once mattered so much to you, and all this waiting around for the elders to talk about it in the hopes that something would happen… It would be better if we acted now without them.”

“Lin, I never forgot what happened. I still think about mother and father and what that did to us. I know you’re angry with the longma, but doing that will could drive away anyone who could sympathize with what happened. If we want to convince the folks back home that exile could be abused, we have to be careful and work with those who can help us, like Elder Ghilan. You saw it yourself. Back then, I hated Ghilan because he is an elder who could be just like the last one. Now, we count him as one of the few friends we have back home. Being angry and rash isn’t going to help, especially if could make things worse. If things being slow is the price for caution, then I’ll take it.”

The two didn’t seem ready to let up, but Lin’s anger appeared to begin subsiding, especially after hearing her brother’s take on the matter. That and what he said earlier about her current state. The fact that she can’t sleep anymore was still a sore spot, but she knew deep down that this all came about because of what she did. Searching for a source of dark magic and coming back to make them pay, being the kind of creature they feared to teach them a lesson, it all sounded like a good idea until it went wrong.

As for Sen, he had gained a better understanding of his sister’s anger, quietly admitting to himself that being careful now was taking longer than expected, especially since nothing has come of the other elders’ talk of wanting to convene. It sort of felt like they were stalling, or they hadn’t anticipated anyone questioning the way things are going until now. After all, the longma survived this long on traditions that spanned ages. If he were them, then maybe things are going right since they lasted this long on the old ways. However, allowing the rot to fester beneath would come back to bite them when it surfaces. 

Elsewhere, Munchkin coming back to a familiar sight was a relaxing change of pace. She led Hammond to the back where they would sit and wait, but the cat would let out a mew every few moments to see if the nice baker would be around. This was always the early morning routine, though she may sometimes meet much earlier. Still, this would be a good time to get a little something to eat, and they would soon meet the pony Munchkin hoped to see.

“Oh, hey there! I was wondering where you were, but I see you’ve been making friends. I made some little carrot balls with extra dough after yesterday’s test. Maybe a little too much, but you and your new friend can help yourselves to them! Don't be shy!”

Stiff Peaks, the baker, crouched down and offered a few of the air-fried carrot balls to Hammond and Munchkin, curious to see what they thought of her new creation. It was a spur-of-the moment result after seeing Shrimp, but if he liked it, it must mean she did something right. Perhaps if there is some demand for this type of dish, she could introduce it into the regular product line. As for the mare, she was right on the money with Munchkin making new friends, though just how accurate that statement was is unknown to her, as the cat had taken a liking to Floral and wouldn't mind visiting her some more. 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby continued with the topic when they made their way out, as she still had thoughts about it, "It's not individual treasure hunters that are a problem, after all, such a big landmass hasn't gone unnoticed all this time by everyone, they are mostly dealt with by the dragons who's territories are closest to the edges; that's how new treasure has made its way in, and some of the old made it out, as evidenced by a bag of local coins that had made its way to a market here." Leviathan hadn't been there so she wouldn't know what she was talking about, but the bag of coins Ruby had bought from the black market was her kind's treasure, that's why she had wanted it. "No, individuals or small groups like that are just a personal annoyance to whoever has the territory and are seen as just slightly smarter pray." "It also would be unlikely to cause targeted retaliation since most dragons there, especially the younger ones that would be the first ones to see the visitors, have no real knowledge of the outside world, with the little I learnedt from the writings I found, I would be considered highly educated." "That's why Charir is such a special case, there are plenty of dragons who don't like the way things are for reason or another, but most still stay because it's easier than taking off and flying into total unknown, as far as they know, Homelands are so far from everything that they'd starve before the ocean ends, and being ripped apart is more pleasant way to go than slowly starving until you drown." 

"My worry is more coordinated effort, like Equestria trying to bring friendship in the homelands, or some other nation trying to take over the land for some reason. If a big enough force would arrive, they would mix up the natural order, and 'enemies of my enemies' type of thinking could take over, can you imagine what would happen when a species that kills each other for sport decides that someone is big enough bother that cooperation is necessary to deal with them?" "When a species without any moral limits decides that some other species is a problem?" "We already wiped out all the other big predators from that land, extinction would very much be a likely objective." 

She didn't care about the rest of the world of course, could all die off as far as she was concerned, but rather, this worry, like everything else, came from selfish point of view, because, she had fled the homelands to get away from her kind, so obviously her kind taking over the world would be more than a slight inconvenience. She hadn't even considered that it would probably cause harm to other species of dragons too due to non-dragons seeing all dragons as the same. 

"That is not considering the more magical relatives in the east though, as I can't even start guessing about their motives, we can't get there, and they never come to the west." 

She would lead them through familiar route towards her house, she was glad to stop there as it would let her to drop her disguise for a moment when she would go get the writings.

-----------------------------------------------

"If it helps, a chance of a building materializing above something is very tiny, without going in great details, what I have confirmed has come from our world, tend to follow certain set of rules, and crushing homes is not one of them." Solar stated almost humorously "Until you happen to own something that causes huge spikes in magic or nullifies magic on a big area." granted he didn't have a lot to go by yet in this world, but he combined his knowledge about their world to make conclusions as he had yet to see a reason to assume that magic as a force was too different here. Solar thought for a moment "I think I have said all I need to, and bit more. In conclusion, if you see individuals like myself, that being those with metal replacing several parts of their body, assume them as potential threats and make sure to report it so that I can know of their existence, same with individuals who speak of things not true in this world. For structures in odd places, or structures with odd technology inside, they should be isolated and not explored until I can check them for potential dangers. And lastly, for pieces of technology or other unknown objects, one should follow the procedures for collecting potentially dangerous magical items." "The princesses should soon enough send more official instructions to your commanders, but I don't know when exactly." 

Solar then looked towards the kobold siblings "I know we don't really get along, but I ask that you two would report it too if you see Sheez or anything else from our world, if you don't trust my intentions, trust in my blind loyalty to this world's ruler, I know that you know that we guards didn't follow the empire because we were treated well." he then turned to leave, but Sear interrupted him "Excuse me, Solar was it? Your appearance and the translated message reminded us from something, if you'd be interested in hearing." Solar paused and turned to walk towards her "Sure, go ahead..." and that would be all that was heard as Solar shrunk the magical barrier to only surround himself and Sear, and they would have a short chat in private before the barrier disappeared and he again turned to leave, and this time, if nobody interrupted him again, he would finally leave, making the siblings, especially Sheska, visibly less unpleasant, though it took few moments for her to get her head cleared, if Harpoon had been taught such things, she probably would have been able to tell that Sheska's reaction to Solar from the start was some kind of trauma response.

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-09-22 at 5:53 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"An answer indeed.  Those two represent what one could expect from the majority of Equestria.  My father... is a special case,"

"ℍ𝕖'𝕤 𝕒 𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕣. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪'𝕣𝕖 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕓𝕪 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤, 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠'𝕕 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞, 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕛𝕦𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕖.

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕒𝕚𝕕, 𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕜𝕖𝕡𝕥 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙, 𝕥𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕒 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕡. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕤𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕡𝕦𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕜, 𝕨𝕙𝕠'𝕕 𝕓𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕤."

A curious mind were valuable, in its own right, but then, it were also easy to lead one like that astray. Give them promise of fascinating, or powerful things, and they'd wander into simple traps. The fate of the foolish she supposed, but it would not happen to this family. She would personally see to that being the case, if required.

On 2022-09-22 at 5:53 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Scanned?  Rising had been a bit curious how Harrowmark planned to capture his likeness to be cast in stone or whatever material they chose for this statue.  Magic?  A camera?  Was he to stand still in one place while a sculptor worked?  That last one did not appeal to him.  "The show must go on," the detective sighed, using the common theater term.  "Thank you for this revelation, my friend," he nodded and was made ready to follow the priestess out of the chamber.  Dawn and Grace the quickest to leave.

"A secret that will remain?" Rising inquired.  Was it merely kept secret to hide it from Twisted and just vanished from commoner memory, or had it been that Harrowmark at large really never knew.  If that were the case, such a thing would be kept from Equestria as well.  Probably for the best.  But if it were all a choice, then the land of light need never know.

"ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕕, 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖: 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕪𝕥𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕒 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟, 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕓𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖. 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗, 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕔𝕠𝕚𝕝𝕤 𝕒𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝, 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕪𝕥𝕖𝕤, 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕤. 𝔸 𝕟𝕠 𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕪 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕛𝕦𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕟 𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖.

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕚𝕥 𝕓𝕒𝕣𝕓𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕔 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙, 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕨𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕖𝕝. 𝕎𝕖 𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕘𝕠 𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕒𝕤 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕤𝕙𝕒, 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖, 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕠𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕣𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤, 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕣𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕟, 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕖."

She did not even know if any of the undead preachers yet remained, as what Suusha had been twisted towards, had not been comparable, to the one they had been devoted to. If yet some still were there, and had not fallen to madness, she would imagine they were well hidden no. Even for those, who'd seek them. Such were it back in the day too, where they rarely went to see others, but instead waited, and would judge if others were worthy to be planted in their fields, and risen into a more sensible, enlightened undead.

"𝕐𝕖𝕥 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕓𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥, 𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕤𝕚𝕘𝕟𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕦𝕤 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙. 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕝𝕪 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕟 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕔𝕠𝕚𝕝, 𝕨𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕓𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕤𝕠. 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖, 𝕚𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕓𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕕, 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥. 𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕦𝕓𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤."

Twisted were different, but he had been hated by both sides, as he threw the balance into chaos, for his own, selfish gains. He were a heinous criminal, who'd be missed only by those who gained from his position, and many of those would be facing their due judgement, soon enough.

"𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖, 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕. 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕒𝕤 𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕪. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕥, 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖.

𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕛𝕦𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕚𝕟𝕥 𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖, 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤, 𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕕𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤, 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟. ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕖𝕚𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕪, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡, 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕫𝕫𝕝𝕪 𝕒𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤..."

She were still not sure, if she had been a fool, and been used from the start, or if he had lashed out due to her choice. Perhaps it were even the prospect of what were to come, after she had told him, that made him go his route... Only he knew, and in all the years he had kept her soul, he had never told her why, nor why she were kept prisoner, when all her other priests and priestesses, were twisted into monstrous things.

Yet even without answers, she blamed herself in part. She should have seen it. Should have expected something, or fought back harder. It were a shame she could never lift, and it often weighed heavily on her mind.

Getting out of the tunnels, they would not have to wander far, before getting to an unimpressive door, simple marked with a sign saying *The Stoneworks*.

Inside, were not much more impressive either. It looked run down and were filled with rubble, though considering the statues there, it were little wonder. All were broken into pieces, but Rising would likely be able to piece together enough in his mind, to get the idea, that these had been statues of their former tyrant. Things they had probably been forced to make, now finally, bit by bit, being destroyed.

In fact, one were getting pulverized, with an oversized hammer as they entered, wielded by an elderly mare, in a long, brown dress, with an accompanying apron, with a pocket full of tools, and short, pale-pink hair.

She'd brush the shards off from the leather apron up front, as she seemingly effortlessly, lifted the hammer again, and looked down on the ruble, looking pretty smug. Then she'd lift a hoof, and stomp a piece of eye to smaller pebbles.

"I see you're enthusiastically approach your work."

"Just cleaning some trash from my resume."

She'd turn around, and look at them, through pale-green eyes, and mattered gold-rimmed glasses. A large pair, going to about the height of her forehead.

"And this young man, must either be our lauded savior, or you're trying to have me retire?"

"I have full confidence that the only one who knows when the time is ripe for your retirement, is yourself, honored stone matron."

The prince bowed before her, making the mare smile a little warmer, and pat him on the shoulder.

"I'll consider it, if I lose a few more limbs."

A clacking were heard, and they might catch a glimpse of a peg leg, though her focus were not on that, as much as her new subject.

"But jesting with his highness aside, you're Sir Rising Dusk then? A funny coincidence, with that name of yours, but that's not why you're here. You're here for a scan.

You ever been magically scanned from top to bottom before? It's not so bad, unless you keep moving. Ol' Millie won't be too thrilled about that."

She were smiling, as the oversized hammer laid comfortably on her shoulder. Rising likely able to tell, that it wasn't magic that made her able to carry that metallic tool. She were seemingly just a lot less frail, than her frame let on. She were also subtly threatening him, but it were just in jest. Probably.

=========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-09-23 at 5:11 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Sorry about the noise, Rosa. We should’ve waited until you were awake, but now that we’re talking… Sen, I am angry with the longma because they can’t just keep going like nothing’s wrong when exiling folks could be abused. They have to know they did wrong because they stood by and let it happen. I’m angry with you because it’s like you just forgot it happened. You can’t simply let it go, not when it once mattered so much to you, and all this waiting around for the elders to talk about it in the hopes that something would happen… It would be better if we acted now without them.”

“Lin, I never forgot what happened. I still think about mother and father and what that did to us. I know you’re angry with the longma, but doing that will could drive away anyone who could sympathize with what happened. If we want to convince the folks back home that exile could be abused, we have to be careful and work with those who can help us, like Elder Ghilan. You saw it yourself. Back then, I hated Ghilan because he is an elder who could be just like the last one. Now, we count him as one of the few friends we have back home. Being angry and rash isn’t going to help, especially if could make things worse. If things being slow is the price for caution, then I’ll take it.”

"Cards on the table, and tempers lessened. A fine start. It is clearly a matter of perspective from you each, that is the source of this animosity, and I would say, that neither of your approached are technically invalid. Merely... How shall I say this... Two different perspectives, of the same core issue.

Lin represents the side who holds rightful animosity, for the way you were treated. She sees it as unjust, and wants accountability, as well as an abolishment of the system, that were misused against you, and who knows how many else.

Sen are the one who look forward. Wanting change, but acknowledging that he have to look past his anger, to have a tangible hope of that, and then wills for things to change naturally, at their own pace.

I am aware this is a gross simplification, but bear with me, if you will.

For you see, going through things, you both have a point, but also fail to see the inherent issues in your approach, that might cause animosity for the other.

Trying to look forward is good, but one must not do so, to the extend, where one seems to forget where the anger came from in the first place. It might make you appear as if you do not care, even if you deep inside, truly do.

At the same time, being headstrong, will only cause issues, as you are trying to change an ingrained system. Push too hard, and with mere animosity, and it will seem like you're just trying to bring chaos to their system. It will not give you allies, which you will need, to succeed here.

The ultimate goal in my mind, will be to find a middle ground here, for you need both approaches, in a correct balance. Lins' mistrust, and passion, provides energy that you will need, and a focus on what it is, that you want done. It it must be filtered through Sen's approach, where one have to push towards these goals, within reasonable confines, or be seen as a mere rebel, or troublemaker. You must neither seem too weak, nor too strong in your approach, lest you get banished again, or dismissed.

I would suggest beginning from the focal point, where the elders themselves, would have to acknowledge a problem. That being the elder who banished you in the first place. As I understand it, his schemes, did eventually come back to cause them personal trouble, in which you, and Omen, intervened. Is that correct? In that case, they too would have to acknowledge that having one such as him, abusing what is meant to be a position of leadership, for personal gains, at the detriment of your kin, are a situation, that would have to be avoided. Through that, one can mention examples of what he did, and question how many - if any - of his judgement were fair, or reasonable, and how many were just to further his own goals.

Via this then, you could call into question, the legitimacy of your banishment, and the fate of your parents, by his orders. If you can have them acknowledge that your own banishment were a grave error, that should not have happened, and have that reversed, you will be the first step towards addressing this as a whole. Can we agree on that?

Also, if I understand what little I have grasped of the situation, you two were also part of saving your town. Is that correct? If so, it leads credence to you not being irredeemable criminals, who harbored none but ill will towards their kin. If you were, then why would you have helped them after all? This is where your approach being firm, yet respectful is key, so that they cannot come forth, and accuse your reasons, to simple be to attack the foundation of your system. If you were, then why would you approach them, within the confines of said system, with the proper degree of apparent respect after all?"

This were pretty much just a beginning, that he put down to the simpler facts of things, and then he hoped the two siblings, would be able to meet in the middle, and understand some of what it were that he were on about. If not... Well, he'd have to try some other things. It were early in the morning, and he were still a naturally nocturnal being. Give him a chance to get up in gear, before thinking ahead too far.

On 2022-09-23 at 5:11 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh, hey there! I was wondering where you were, but I see you’ve been making friends. I made some little carrot balls with extra dough after yesterday’s test. Maybe a little too much, but you and your new friend can help yourselves to them! Don't be shy!”

Stiff Peaks, the baker, crouched down and offered a few of the air-fried carrot balls to Hammond and Munchkin, curious to see what they thought of her new creation. It was a spur-of-the moment result after seeing Shrimp, but if he liked it, it must mean she did something right. Perhaps if there is some demand for this type of dish, she could introduce it into the regular product line. As for the mare, she was right on the money with Munchkin making new friends, though just how accurate that statement was is unknown to her, as the cat had taken a liking to Floral and wouldn't mind visiting her some more. 

Hammond had been watching Munchkin, wondering what it were that she were doing. Some sort of signal, perhaps? Were this how she got food out here, at the baker? Interesting... Not something he could mimic, as he did not talk, but it were still interesting, and something he could examine, if she did consistently, or just here. Might be a thing between the baker, and her. Might also be a signal he should listen to, in case she were telling him that she were hungry? He would have to try and keep that in mind.

When the baker arrived, Hammond would raise a paw, and wave at her, then do some hoof signs. They would translate into "Hello to pony", though she probably didn't know that.

When offered the ball, Hammond would take one, then look down upon the treat in his paw. He'd then munch through it, clearly not minding that there were more dough in it. Tasted kinda good actually, though he were still trying to learn what were good taste, and bad taste, so his opinion might not be too valid. Not with the sort of thing he has fished out of the trash, and considered good.

Yet when he were done, he'd look up at her, silently as always, then suddenly jump through a gate, that closed behind him. Around twenty seconds later, he would return, now holding a packaged in, piece of candy. One from Scarcity's visitor bowl. Specifically, it were a golden-paper packaged, ball of dark chocolate, around a center of hazelnut flakes, and creamy caramel. Rather high end stuff, and something that he thought would make for a good gift back for her. Like with Munchkin yesterday.

At the front of the store (or in the store, in case it had opened) Omen would stand ready, but did not feel the presence of her brother, due to his necklace. She had come out of a gate, near the entrance, and spat out a bunch of bits, that she were now holding on her hoof. It seemed from yesterday, that some did not like how she paid, so she would try this, and see how that went. If there too many - around twenty bits - she could just eat the excess.

She'd wait to do something, until she saw the baker though, and would then get in line. She understood those at least. And as for Shrimp? Well then, the smells from the bakery, were making his head turn around, sniffing frantically. So many odd, yet enticing smells from this place.

@Kujamih

As he'd lick her, Shark would let out a pleased gasp, and then tackle Light, putting him in a hug. Just a regular, two legged one this time though. He had seemed odd when she did the other one before, so maybe that wasn't for here.

If he fell down, she'd stand over him, and smile, showing off her big, shiny, pearly whites, before leaning down, and nuzzling the side of his face with her own. Might be she were an odd one, but she were affectionate at least, and had a vested interest in him, over others. That much should be clear. It were to Alonsus at least, who'd smile more, the more he saw of their interaction. Such a delightful couple.

On 2022-09-21 at 11:41 PM, Kujamih said:

They'd end up heading to more food and beverages where Shark seems to be more comfortable at.

" They say sugar is as bad as alcohol too Shark... So I suggest you limit sweet stuff.. specially for your teeth sweetie." He casually said to Shark while putting some food on his plate.

He wonders if his appetite is back, but it seems that he is still not hungry. He only took a few just to sample the taste, as he doesn't want to miss out what Shark has taken. 

Shark had been sniffing the various things, when she had been talked to, and would turn around, looking at Light, as he addressed something with her teeth.

"Teeth... I have lots of teeth. Get more, all time."

She'd open wide, showing her point, as there were the three rows of razor sharp teeth, both up and down. It were uncertain if she still retained her teeth regrowth, from her normal shark form, but if one assumed it were so, she wouldn't be too fuzzed, by losing a tooth here and there. If not though she were gonna end up with some weird dentist bills. In fact, he might try and teach her how to brush her teeth soon, if he worried about her dental health, rather than have her rely on small birds to pick the food residue from her mouth, or something similar. And step one, would be making sure she did not try and eat the toothbrush.

"That is quite the display. Alonsus feels pity for the dentist, whom have to address such plentiful teeth."

The stallion would go from the soda, over to picking up a few things to eat. Namely, some vegan-bacon-wrapped leeks. A good start, in his mind.

Shark would try some of those too, an apple, and a tomato, that she liked the look of, because it were red. Then she'd try th pretty many-colored soda too. She'd put it on a plate, like she saw them do too, though she weren't sure what the plate were for after... Did they eat that too? It did not look tasty. Too flat.

"Friends have many teeth too?"

"Alonsus have much, that is in excess of what a norm al pony can offer, but alas, I have but a single set of teeth, and I must take good care of it. It is why flossing is of such importance."

@AuroraGlimmer

On 2022-09-22 at 3:04 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

Skittles would giggle a little at his question "Well for the most part the Phoenix flocks are the same between the two places, how-ever, the ones that reside in the Dragonlands are a lot more tamable nd a lot friendlier than the ones in the Everfree, see, the ones in the Everfree are truly wild and are effected by the wild magic of the Everfree." she explains to him, sipping some more on her drink "So if you'd like one that is tamable and won't bother the bess, then you will want from the Dragonlands" she smiles softly.

"Ah, I see. That is quite the ah, surprising twist, as I had assumed most creatures from the Dragon Isles, would have to be more ah, wild, to survive, and the ones here near equine kind, being more tame. I thank you for ah, educating me on the subject, and I will endeavor to remember it."

What a strange twist, but he supposed, there were merit to the argument, when you considered in odd magic, such as what might be in the Everfree Forest. A most peculiar place sometimes, with even stranger animals, and residents.

"IF we were to ah, procure one like that, what might that entail? Would we have to ah, physically travel to the Dragon Isles? I've never been, and know not if it is even safe to be there. You hear ah, stories after all, but then, I understand that a fair few are ah, exaggerated, due to old ah, prejudices, and that one would be better keeping a somewhat open mind."

Having been educated on one thing, he wished to be on the next. Just as their food would arrive, curtsy of Stare, who brought the tray with their steaming hot food. Made him twitch, but it were okay, he were trying to sort of expect these things now, to varying degrees of success.

On 2022-09-22 at 3:04 AM, AuroraGlimmer said:

At his other question, she would smile a bit more "Usually it's something like a nice herbal tea, bobba tea or when it's cold outside, a hot chocolate" she would smile "Caffeine and I..don't exactly mix, so I try to stay clear of it" she finishes her drink and leans back a litlte in her chair.

"Then perhaps you should ah, not have too many of these. Though I suppose, despite it technically being a coffee, its more mild, due to it being a latte.

I must admit though, I have never tried ah, bobba tea. It always seemed rather ah, peculiar to me. How is it, as a drink? Are you supposed to eat the pearls?"

He'd take his food, and slowly bring a spoon down, then blow on his stew. It were reeking with a strong array of earthy smells, and seemed to have some good chunks of well prepared items floating in the mixture. He just had to wait for it to be a little bit colder, for him to eat. Though of course, he were happy his food were warm.

====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, if ever it comes for the ponies, trying to go and give you friendship, I'd say just put the corpse of something really big and nasty looking, clearly mauled, our at the entry point, with a sign in rough writing going *¤"%# off!*. Ponies can be a bit dense, but most of 'em will get that hint. Outside forces though? yeah, those are harder to guess. Like if the minotaur and centaurs ally, and go to claim land of their own, they see as more fruitful. They'd see that sort, and just get pumped. Hunter mentality, y'know? They love that stuff.

Lots I dunno what would do though. But if it's an isolated place, with water on all sides, it leaves out a fair few at least. Not many that'd attack via the sea.

Well... There's the Marauders Fleet, I suppose. Nasty folks those are. And their sea serpent captains are really not helping things either."

Leviathan would grimace, as a certain memory sprung forth about those. Thankfully, she did not go to such waters anymore. In large parts, because she did not enjoy that encounter. It had been far too close of a call for her there, to enjoy that, and had she not speared the main ship with a large icicle, it were doubtful that Morrow and Grognar would've taken their eyes off of her long enough, to ensure her escape.

"But like I said, I get your point, more or less, and it's in the end, up to you. Your home after all, and you know best what would go down. Can't say I blame ya for being worried though, considering what you've said about your kinsmen. Would get messy, if they grouped up. Double so if the east ones decided to go along.

Gotta say, if ever I go there, I'm tempted to go see those eastern ones. I got magic, and you two are working on it too. Might be there's an opening, and more rational folks, since magic use tends to take some degree of brain power. At least if you wanna master it. You would not believe how many dragons I've met, that have the potential, but are just too dense to make use of it properly."

Well, talking was all nice and good, but it were time for some nice, fresh air, and a bit of a stroll, towards the home of Ruby. A place where interesting reading materials awaited, and the start of trying to get their young friend literate. It'd certainly help, that were for sure. She'd like to be able to say nice things, without needing a translator. And it would help with magic studies.

"It's good being out of that box. I swear, it's convenient, but it makes my wings itch to be too long in that thing. I'm meant to soar the open skies, not get confined, you know?"

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If it helps, a chance of a building materializing above something is very tiny, without going in great details, what I have confirmed has come from our world, tend to follow certain set of rules, and crushing homes is not one of them." Solar stated almost humorously "Until you happen to own something that causes huge spikes in magic or nullifies magic on a big area." granted he didn't have a lot to go by yet in this world, but he combined his knowledge about their world to make conclusions as he had yet to see a reason to assume that magic as a force was too different here. Solar thought for a moment "I think I have said all I need to, and bit more. In conclusion, if you see individuals like myself, that being those with metal replacing several parts of their body, assume them as potential threats and make sure to report it so that I can know of their existence, same with individuals who speak of things not true in this world. For structures in odd places, or structures with odd technology inside, they should be isolated and not explored until I can check them for potential dangers. And lastly, for pieces of technology or other unknown objects, one should follow the procedures for collecting potentially dangerous magical items." "The princesses should soon enough send more official instructions to your commanders, but I don't know when exactly."

"Noticed. General Tidal Wave will likely send the message out via carrier seagulls, and shark riders after, making sure all of the branches are notified. We have some storage area up to the north west, that we could clear out, and use as a temporary container unit."

In truth, it were one of their older *Intimidation cells*, as they called it. An underwater section of jails, in an air pocket with proper ventilation, surrounded by sharks, to discourage any potential wish of escape. It were barely used, as the last few generals had been less keen on those being widely used, but even Tidal Wave acknowledged that at times, having high priority targets temporarily in such places, until they could arrange for transport, were important. Never above 48 hours though. That were considered inhumane.

That said, they still had the hanging cages. Smaller, individual cages, hanging over certain town's shark area. For instance, in Shark Bay, where their main base of operations were. The sharks that would jump up and snap at the cages, would never hurt them, but the folks trapped there did not know they were well trained. 6 hour maximum in that, and used only if they were desperate for quick information. Or in case of bets, with the general and one of the lieutenants once betting, on who could last the longest. The general lost, when she were informed that her husband had made dinner reservations, a few days later. It had been a fair fun few days though.

"You can be assured that when we are informed, we will all be doing what we can, for the good of the citizens. The Coastal Guard will not falter in our duty."

The Royal Guards had it easy. Both branches were mostly inland, just dealing with the things popping up rarely, here and there. The Coastal Guard dealt with the actual monsters, and made sure they did not get inland. Not they ever acknowledged that. Arrogant little... No, now ere not the time for this. They had a job to do here, and it seemed that soon, that job would no longer include Solar. At least not for now.

8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Solar then looked towards the kobold siblings "I know we don't really get along, but I ask that you two would report it too if you see Sheez or anything else from our world, if you don't trust my intentions, trust in my blind loyalty to this world's ruler, I know that you know that we guards didn't follow the empire because we were treated well." he then turned to leave, but Sear interrupted him "Excuse me, Solar was it? Your appearance and the translated message reminded us from something, if you'd be interested in hearing." Solar paused and turned to walk towards her "Sure, go ahead..." and that would be all that was heard as Solar shrunk the magical barrier to only surround himself and Sear, and they would have a short chat in private before the barrier disappeared and he again turned to leave, and this time, if nobody interrupted him again, he would finally leave, making the siblings, especially Sheska, visibly less unpleasant, though it took few moments for her to get her head cleared, if Harpoon had been taught such things, she probably would have been able to tell that Sheska's reaction to Solar from the start was some kind of trauma response.

Harpoon looked towards Solar as he left, and gave him a respectful nod. He were not her superior, and she felt it would not be in good taste, to salute him in front of the kobold siblings. They seemed to show signs of trauma, and trying to show such things, might irk them further. Considering their friend had almost died, she did not think it appropriate, that she added more to their plate.

When he were out of range, she would let out a small sigh.

"Okay, that were a derailment, of quite a substantial degree it seemed... It appears we may have more dangers than just this assassin to worry about.

Speaking of which though - and because it seems you'd do good in thinking of other things - what are your thoughts on this? Your friend appears to be doing well, but will need rest. She needs to be guarded, just in case. What of you? Are you seeking to do something more... Proactive? I wouldn't suggest it, but I cannot legally detain you. Or rather, I don't want to, unless I'm given no choice.

What I'm trying to get to, is just trying to understand what your plans are going to be here. I would ideally say to lay low, until an arrest are made. You might disagree on that, and I'd prefer to just know if that were, rather than you trying to pull a fast one on me, and marching off."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Light ponders at the thought about Sharks teeth... True, she doesn't really need to take care of her regrowing teeth.

" Hmmm... Maybe just increase your calcium intake then, I guess? So you won't have a hard time regrowing them?" Light gave a wild guess. Maybe Shark dosn't really need to intake anymore Calcium to begin with? She sure looks more strong and sturdier than Light, that's for sure.

Light already drank a lot of liquids and his weird status on his stomach is still making him feel full. Does he would just take a sip or a nibble on what Shark is having. He'd also show Shark some basic tips on manners on the table, like what the plates, utensils and table napkins or tissues are used for.