Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

Oh dear God...

I think the first one had tons and tons and tons of flaws, but it still managed to feel like MLP and I still managed to like it.  But a battle of the bands? Really? If that actually happened I think it would be a sad day for all us pony folk.

I watched the movie ahead of time at 10 a.m. today, and it was AWESOME! Really lived up to the pony name. it had many background character appearances AND a great story line. Stay after the credits too.

• Brohoof 3

so far, I only have an audio version I've listened to, and seen the very ending (minus the post credits scitwi)

the ending for anyone who wants it.

So far, I cannot really comment on the visuals of the movie, as I was limited to audio only. So no added points for those fan pandering moments.

And as it stands right now, I'd give it a 6/10. The Dazzlings songs were great (but again, already released). And it was kinda fun to hear the bickering between the humane 6.

And the ending (the only part I've visually seen) was fairly decent (if nearly 100% standard for FiM, something I still hold against it). So with only having listened to the audio, I'd rate it a 6 or a 5.5/10.

Without the visuals and without decent audio you're really missing a lot.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my goodness! It was so worth the wait, especially since I brought a friend of mine to the theater with me, filled with other fans (and little girls with their parents). My friend's a guitar player who actually liked Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer from the first movie. I lent my red 20% cooler, 100% Brony shirt to him for the day, and after seeing this movie, he had to call himself 100% Brony!

I myself had so much fun, I quite honestly can't find anything to hate about it. I might find some flaws soon, but I"ll say that this movie was such an improvement over the first one.

Majors Spoilers Ahead

First, here are my personal favorite moments

Favorite Heartwarming Moment: Sunset and Twilight talking out her worries with each other in the kitchen.
My most memorable tearjerker: Flash believing Twilight wants to beat him in the battle of the bands, all because he's under the Dazzlings' spell of giving everyone the "I want to win it, no matter who gets hurt" attitude.
As much as I like Flash, I'm glad he DIDN"T kiss her, The Flash-haters would never forgive this movie if he did.

The Appearances of the Background Humans

Vinyl Scratch: She got to play a role in helping our heroes win! with a Car that turns into a huge WUB Box!

Octavia was there and yes, she was playing the Cello.

Every Lyra fan got their wish to see the human version of her and Bon-Bon playing the piano!

The Appearance of Bulk Biceps was a pleasant surprise!

and of course, Fan-Favorite Derpy, made more appearances than in the last movie. She actually played a saw (and I mean actually hold the saw like upright cello and trying to play it with a bow. Heh, reminds me of a line from High School Musical when one student claims he plays the cello, his friend asked what is it. The first guy mimes it; the friend guesses "A SAW?"; the student corrects "No, it's like a giant violin!")

About Sunset Shimmer

The Character Development for her was awesome! She was the one who had a way of contacting Pony Twilight, the one to state the lesson of the film as well as reminding Twilight that the pony princess of friendship won't always have the answers and it's nothing to be ashamed about! Also there was a scene was Sunset was confronted in a dark hallway by the Dazzlings that was similar to when Sunset confronted Twilight in the last movie saying Twilight doesn't know about fitting in! Now, Sunset knows how Twilight felt when she was being mean to her!

and finally the thing my friend love the absolute best was when Sunset takes off her jacket revealing her simple dress beneath and when Sunset shows she can play Guitar too!

It's also nice how by movie's end, Sunset started to write to Princess Twilight Sparkle through her journal, saying she still a lot to learn about friendship and that she'll write to our pony princess for advice when she needs it!

Sunset, you are so much better as a hero than a villain! Hope to see you again in the future!

I think that's enough for now! There's more to say, but I don't have time! I'll get back to the 2nd half of my personal review of this!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 6

I enjoyed the film a lot more than I thought I would. I definitely liked it better than the first movie. Sunset Shimmer is much better as a good guy than as a satanic demon from hell-type thing. The new villains were decent, and all of the music was nice as well. Overall, it was alright.

• Brohoof 2

I watched the movie ahead of time at 10 a.m. today, and it was AWESOME! Really lived up to the pony name. it had many background character appearances AND a great story line. Stay after the credits too.

I saw the whole end credits and there was something that seemed like a huge sequel hook.

To anyone reading this, DON'T click unless you're ready to have your mind blown!

Remember how in the first movie when Twilight met Pinkie in the Human world, Pinkie said, "Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city; has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?" and Twilight not wanting to cause suspicion said, "uh, yeah" Weeeeeeeelllllllll......

it seems the Twilight that is native to the Human World....is REAL! And yes, she even has a pure dog named Spike. This Twilight has her suspicions about Canterlot High and seems to be a scientist complete with black glasses and conspiracy charts!

What a Stinger! Let the Wild Mass Guessing burst from the dam!

• Brohoof 1

Best line:

Principal Celestia: "Don't drop the microphones"

Sigh

I can no longer use that as a closing line in the debate pit without suffering Principle Celestia's wrath.

I'm not going to read anything that looks spoiler-ish.

I just need to ask a question, and hope it will be answered:

Is it a good movie?

Yes. Also If you liked G1 villains you will likely find more than a few things to like about this film. They felt G1.

BTW who the hell voiced Octavia!

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember her talking at all. I think I really need to see this this thing when I don't have a fever.

Yeah, though she only got out one word before the Brony audience freaked a little. It was hard to make out because of shock and the reaction. She almost started to sound like a mix between Pinkie and Sweetie Belle.

Yes. Also If you liked G1 villains you will likely find more than a few things to like about this film. They felt G1.

BTW who the hell voiced Octavia!

Am I always going to be known just for my love towards G1 villains? I'm amused by that.

I do really think I will like this movie since The Dazzlings remind of The Dazzlers, a pony band that was actually in one of the previous gens (can't remember if it was 1 or 1.5)

Yeah, though she only got out one word before the Brony audience freaked a little. It was hard to make out because of shock and the reaction. She almost started to sound like a mix between Pinkie and Sweetie Belle.

What scene did this happen in?

What scene did this happen in?

The scene where the Rainbooms were being verbally attacked by the other CHS students. I want to say it was right after they were announced as moving on past Trixie, but I could be wrong. A lot happened in this movie.

The MLP wiki has the update that she is now voiced but no quote or VA

• Brohoof 2

There is one thing that worries me: The running time for the theatrical release is said to be 75 minutes long, but the home release on blu-ray (according to Amazon.com) says it's 72 minutes long. While Tv Tropes has a list of possibles for the 3 extra minutes on their WMG page, my concern is this: 

I saw the movie in theaters and love almost every second of it. It would make me sad to see if the blu-ray ends up ommiting a short scene from the theatrical version that I loved. :(

Guess I'll find out when its blu-ray gets released in a month and I get a hold of it. I sure hope the missing 3 three minutes don't ruin the whole thing for me.

So I just saw it in theater like 39 mins ago. And I have to say the first one was not great, I liked it, but it was poorly done. Now Rainbow Rocks is AMAZING!!! it is so much better than the last one, better than most episodes of the show. Tons of shout outs to the bronies, tones of brony favorite character featured, and *spoilers* (not really) a fanon ship is made official. Amazing music throughout. over all just awesome! 

You mean Lyra and BonBon? they were soooo crushing on each other.

• Brohoof 1

That was the most amazing thing in mlp history. I already had some really good expectations for this movie, it exceded my expections when I saw it. I would definitley recomend it to any brony, much better than equestria girls 1 in every way.

Is it a good movie?

Yes, it is a very good movie. Though, I'm not a 100% sure you'll share the same opinion as I do, I'd still recomend it. Edited by A goat
  • Brohoof 1

Is it a good movie?

We usually conflict on opinions, but we both agree the first movie wasnt that great, I can say with all my heart that this movie was absolutely amazing 10/10 for me

Edited by ryanmahaffe

@Jeric, you said big mac had a line. was it his usual monosyllabic word? or if he was under the spell, was it something a bit harsher?

Twilight was trying to practice the counterspell, and she sounded like shit. She or someone else said it sounded better the 5th time, and Big Mac walks by and says, "nope".