Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

@Jeric, you said big mac had a line. was it his usual monosyllabic word? or if he was under the spell, was it something a bit harsher?

It's was his typical line, but well placed. :D

Same here. The dude sitting next to me was laughing so hard, but also was in awe so much so that he fell out of his seat.

I watched it and when it happens everypony was clapping like crazy. Guess bass cannon is now canon.

It's called Wubmobile I think by the fandom.

I hear the mane 6 were not really important, anything about them stand out?

Not important? They were the main characters and everything still.

What do you mean by "stand out"? :pout:

Now the book has a purpose going forward as Princess Twilight and Sunset Shimmer will communicate back and forth. Sunset will seek advice and help from Twilight or send reports just as Twilight used to with her letters to Celestia. Opens the door to a format for Equestria Academy and/or Equestria Girls 3. When they introduced that back into the series, I think it ceased becoming a simple contrivance.

Never thought of this.

Here's hoping to a third Equestria Girls.

Yeah, I watched the movie and loved it.

Not much to say that others haven't said. Great movie, and I liked it a lot more than the first.

Also Sunset Shimmer is my favorite character in it. Glad they had her save the day instead of Twilight like they typically do.

I'm wondering about that art at the credits though... it all looked really nice. Maybe it was a style they were going for originally...? :wat:

I'll definitely be watching the movie again once it comes on The Hub on October 17th.

• Brohoof 3

I hear the mane 6 were not really important, anything about them stand out?

Which Mane 6? Rainbow Rocks muddies that question dramatically now by complicating the Mane 6 concept. Spoilers guys. I mean I'm flat out going to go for the throat to answer watevs question so do NOT click on the spoiler tag unless you seriously want to be spoiled.

The Mane 6 composed of Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Princess Twilight

The Mane 6 composed of Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie,and Sunset Shimmer

The Mane 7 composed of Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie,and Sunset Shimmer, and Princess Twilight?

You see, Princess Twilight goes to Equestria at the end, and Sunset saves the day, turns the tide when the Mane 6 are all but defeated, joins the gang (complete with Magical Pony Transformation powers), and will be writing to Princess Twilight via a magical book going forward. This movie is really Sunset Shimmer and Twilight's film. Mostly Sunset who has the most screen time and probably more independent scenes that the other characters. Rarity has sever moments in character, one meant to serve as a point of conflict between her and Applejack, and she is also given a moment when she helps to come up with the mid show plan to defeat the villains.

Rainbow Dash gets a shit load more though, as she is a central point of conflict with the entire group since she keeps referring to the Rainbooms as her band. She also is given a smaller conflict of with Fluttershy over allowing her song to be played. Pinkie also has some solid moments (both versions) and like in the first film she is used as comedy relief. 

This time Fluttershy is a little shafted a little on screen time, but she plays a larger role later when it is HER song that wins the day, though Twilight does say it doesn't really matter what they sing. She also has the funniest reaction sound in the film. Applejack was the only one who was just kinda there, though she did have a show long spat with Rarity on costuming that I mentioned earlier. Take that away and she had basically nothing to contribute to solving the problem at hand. 

Sunset Shimmer (who would now officially be considered EQG Mane # material) gets so much character growth in 70 minutes it is beautiful. Rarity is safe on my character list forever ... so is Applejack ... but Scootaloo may lose out to Sunset. Her role is that good in this film). Also, you now have EQG Twilight to contend with. Add her in the mix does that mean EQG is the Mane 5, 6, 7, or 8?

Overall, I actually didn't feel that any character was really screwed. There was so much material and characterization overall, and we were fed a lot of story in a short bit of time. They did a good job with the Mane ... um ... 5+2?

• Brohoof 1

Anyone catch that lovely nod to the Vinyl Scratch preview clip when the gang was at the Cake's troubleshooting how to resolve the big bad after Twilight's failed attempt to defeat the Dazzlings?

Those 5 I meant.

What did each of them do?

Can you please be a bit more specific? I am not going to script out a 70+ minute film. :P

• Brohoof 2

Anyone catch that lovely nod to the Vinyl Scratch preview clip when the gang was at the Cake's troubleshooting how to resolve the big bad after Twilight's failed attempt to defeat the Dazzlings?

Can you please be a bit more specific? I am not going to script out a 70+ minute film. :P

Well the question is openended, just if anything about them stood out

Our theatre had technical difficulties...TWICE! Still absolutely worth it!!! I personally liked the first EQ movie, but this was amazing! Rainbow Rocks has officially made up for ay concerns the EQ universe had. Everything else shall be spoilers, so for those that have seen it, go ahead and keep reading. If you haven't seen it yet, GO WATCH IT!!! Then keep reading. Trust me, it's worth it. :D

Now, where was I? Oh yeah...OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!? I loved every bit of it, all the way from the moon shot at the beginning to the end credits scene at the end! And the fanservice!! 

post-11024-0-65085100-1411876065.jpg

And I loved all of it! From Lyra and Bon Bon singing together (Oh thank Celestia, Lyra is human) to the Daft Punk helmet to Trixie to F@%$ING VINYL SCRATCH and her awesom bass car, plus so much more!! And don't forget Sunset Shimmer singing and going pony! And the drawings in the end credits. I heard they kind of look like Lauren Faust drawings (don't take my word on that part). And that end credits scene was GENIUS!! LITERALLY!! This movie blew my mind along with everyone else in the theatre!! Someone take me with them so I can see it again!!! I love being a brony, I love My Little Pony, and I love all of you!!

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, the first one wasn't bad, but I don't like that it did the cliche high-school deal that it did.

Rainbow rocks, honestly, seems to give me a bit of an even lesser impression because...well...not only is it doing the cliche high school thing, but it's also doing the equally cliche "Battle Of The Bands" bit.

So...yeah

I definitely approve of this movie. A great improvement over the second in terms of essentially everything. I think they missed an opportunity to slip a Discord cameo in but it's an enjoyable film overall.

No Discord cameo? Aww, that sux. He would have made an awesome evil janitor or something.  ^_^

*Casually coming in and dropping this in for those who haven't seen it*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoqXVCb0XkI

Thank you sooooo much! *brohoof*  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

No Discord cameo? Aww, that sux. He would have made an awesome evil janitor or something. ^_^

Thank you sooooo much! *brohoof* :squee:

Welllllll

I would expect a Professor or Dean Discord to show up at some point ;)

• Brohoof 1