Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Saltwater Crocodile VS Great White Shark [Read before choosing]

Darker

Crocodile VS Shark  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite apex predator?

• Croc
    • Shark

Two of the most ferocious predators meet in a death battle in the Australian seas. WHO WINS? WHO LOSES? WHO DIES?

Round 1: Both are 100 ft away from each other, but immediately sense one another. The water here is 30 ft deep. Who gets the first bite?

Round 2: 40 ft away, striking against each other. Who bites who? The water here is not very deep. Around 10 ft.

Round 3: The shark is hidden in deep water of about 150 ft. Can the croc sense the shark and attack him? Can the shark sneak up to the croc?

Round 4: [Not an actual fight]

Who's stronger(in bite)?

Who's faster (speed)?

Who's more agile (agility)?

Who's more durable (durability)?

Who's more agressive?

Who has the more important weaknesses?

YOU DECIDE!

Epic background music:

post-29199-0-13052700-1412277927_thumb.jpg

In case of favouritism, and not criticism, there's also a poll.

Be fair, please.

post-29199-0-13052700-1412277927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darker
  • Brohoof 2

Hm. This is another topic that doesn't get any attention.

I would say croc I don't know lot of any predators but crocs have strong power in their jaws. :D

Correct.

• Brohoof 1

Hm. This is another topic that doesn't get any attention.

Correct.

Don't worry about it my friend. I know how it feels and when I felt that no one answers then you came and saved the day and answered :) I was then so happy.

And to keep on topic I dhould maybe learn more about crocs and sharks they are pretty interesting creatures.

Don't worry about it my friend. I know how it feels and when I felt that no one answers then you came and saved the day and answered :) I was then so happy.

And to keep on topic I should maybe learn more about crocs and sharks they are pretty interesting creatures.

Indeed. Crocodiles and Sharks are both old giants, who strike fear into their preys, with colossal enemies that rival their strength, and overall both can do pretty much the same thing. Only that one is a big lizard, and the other one is a fish full of teeth.

• Brohoof 1

Round 1: The water is too shallow for the shark to move around well, the croc wins by muscling it into submission

Round 2: Croc wins again, the water's shallowness is very helpful

Round 3: The shark tears out the croc's guts and swims off to let it bleed out before enjoying his prize

Bite: Croc's bite is more powerful, but less dangerous as their teeth aren't particularily sharp compared to the shark's

Speed: No contest, the shark is much faster

Agility: The crocodile can turn and bend around more

Durability: I say it's a tie. Both can survive heinous injuries and have tough skin

Agressiveness: Crocodile has more kills under its belt and will fight other crocs

Weakness: The shark's weakness is less crippling. If he loses even a single of his fins, his ability to move will drastically fall. But the crocodile's whole underbelly is a giant weak point as is their need to breathe air. 

Basically, the croc wins in shallow water since the shark needs to do an attack from below and use his greater speed to take a bite out of the croc's belly

• Brohoof 1

Crocs, they swim fast and have a stronger bite.

Sharks are much faster, though...

Round 1: The water is too shallow for the shark to move around well, the croc wins by muscling it into submission

Round 2: Croc wins again, the water's shallowness is very helpful

Round 3: The shark tears out the croc's guts and swims off to let it bleed out before enjoying his prize

Bite: Croc's bite is more powerful, but less dangerous as their teeth aren't particularily sharp compared to the shark's

Speed: No contest, the shark is much faster

Agility: The crocodile can turn and bend around more

Durability: I say it's a tie. Both can survive heinous injuries and have tough skin

Agressiveness: Crocodile has more kills under its belt and will fight other crocs

Weakness: The shark's weakness is less crippling. If he loses even a single of his fins, his ability to move will drastically fall. But the crocodile's whole underbelly is a giant weak point as is their need to breathe air. 

Basically, the croc wins in shallow water since the shark needs to do an attack from below and use his greater speed to take a bite out of the croc's belly

Agreed. The croc wins in the majority of settings.

Sharks are much faster, though...

Agreed. The croc wins in the majority of settings.

Not really. The fight scenarios you set up were the worst possible for the shark. Those settings were barely deep enough for the shark to even dive down 3 feet. It's like restricting Little Mac from dodging

Indeed. Crocodiles and Sharks are both old giants, who strike fear into their preys, with colossal enemies that rival their strength, and overall both can do pretty much the same thing. Only that one is a big lizard, and the other one is a fish full of teeth.

....Urge to nitpick won.

Crocodiles are not Lizards, they are archosaurs(a type of reptile).

Lizards are all the members of the Squamata family, except the snakes(serpentes).

....Urge to nitpick won.

Crocodiles are not Lizards, they are archosaurs(a type of reptile).

Lizards are all the members of the Squamata family, except the snakes(serpentes).

I know, I was joking about it. I know crocs ar archosaurs.

Well, it depends, but i would have to say the shark.

It's fins, placoid scales and aquatic traits (as opposed to the more reptilian features of the croc) give it a huge advantage in maneuvering in larger bodies of water. The bite of the croc has a lot of pressure in it, which makes it lethal, however the serrated, jagged teeth of the shark are the biological equivalent of a chainsaw, and are just as deadly. 

Silly, Gummy isn't a Crocodile!

gummy_with_teeth_by_tweevle-d4og375.png

I think a Crocodile would win....personally. Their aggressive agility when catching prey (they are much faster than they look), and their outright ferocity is no match for a shark...A shark is more prey picky in nature, and won't attack if it doesn't have to, but a crocodile, specifically the saltwater one as is in this posting, is considered the most aggressive animal in the world.

• Brohoof 2

Well, as a herpetologist, crocodiles are much more well rounded and versatile in terms of combat with other apex predators, as they're almost equally lethal on land as they are in the water, not to mention their infamous "death roll" to incapacitate their prey, sharks may be significantly faster when swimming, but in terms of brute strength and raw combat ability, the croc would definitely win.

• Brohoof 3

Well, as a herpetologist, crocodiles are much more well rounded and versatile in terms of combat with other apex predators, as they're almost equally lethal on land as they are in the water, not to mention their infamous "death roll" to incapacitate their prey, sharks may be significantly faster when swimming, but in terms of brute strength and raw combat ability, the croc would definitely win.

Another very good answer.  :)

• Brohoof 1

It all depends on what happens to lead to this fight like environment, you showed this during the rounds part. Both are top of there chain and environment so if the water is shallow and the shark is not under the Crocodile then obviously the Croc has a HUGE advantage and you could reverse this so the Shark has the upper fin.

In a one on one face to face the Shark would win since it has the speed and raw power behind it's body, not saying the Croc is weaker but in water the Shark would win and since the Shark can only be in water the fight has to be in the water, if the Croc tried to even bite the Great White it wouldn't be able to hold it still and the Shark would just turn to bite down with it's superior jaws.

It all depends on what happens to lead to this fight like environment, you showed this during the rounds part. Both are top of there chain and environment so if the water is shallow and the shark is not under the Crocodile then obviously the Croc has a HUGE advantage and you could reverse this so the Shark has the upper fin.

In a one on one face to face the Shark would win since it has the speed and raw power behind it's body, not saying the Croc is weaker but in water the Shark would win and since the Shark can only be in water the fight has to be in the water, if the Croc tried to even bite the Great White it wouldn't be able to hold it still and the Shark would just turn to bite down with it's superior jaws.

Actually, the Croc's bite is more than twice as powerful as the Shark's bite.

Croc: 4 tons

Shark: 1,8 tons

@@Darker,

That's a snippet of info I didn't know.

Maybe I was thinking of Megalodon since that has the most powerful jaws in history... Maybe

Still even the bite difference I still side with the Shark.

Megalodon is nearly 20 tons of jaw pressure. Such a monster.

@@Darker,

Easily the best Apex Predator since near nothing could kill a adult Megalodon.

It is likely it actual is the best apex predator in history in my opinion.  

Yet it could have been easily stopped by a few sperm whale ancestors. Or a full group of Killer Whales. The only flaw Megalodon had was the fact that he was pretty slow if he wasn't striking from the bottom of the sea.

I've heard rumors that his top speed in the water was about 15-20 mph.

Actually, the Croc's bite is more than twice as powerful as the Shark's bite.

Croc: 4 tons

Shark: 1,8 tons

That's not even close to right. A Croc's max is 3000 lbs psi, which is about 1.5 tons. A shark's bite ranges from 500 to 1000 psi

Yet it could have been easily stopped by a few sperm whale ancestors. Or a full group of Killer Whales. The only flaw Megalodon had was the fact that he was pretty slow if he wasn't striking from the bottom of the sea.

I've heard rumors that his top speed in the water was about 15-20 mph.

His movement would look faster due to how big it was, kind of like how a T-rex wasn't particularily fast, but its strides were long

@@Darker,

Hmm, yes quite slow since an underbelly bite was the killer blow, I know the way Whales deal with Sharks is by turning them upside down so there pretty much hypnotised and an easy target.  Killer Whales of today have been known to eat Shark even Great Whites.

Man, the food change is cool as hell.

That's not even close to right. A Croc's max is 3000 lbs psi, which is about 1.5 tons. A shark's bite ranges from 500 to 1000 psi

His movement would look faster due to how big it was, kind of like how a T-rex wasn't particularily fast, but its strides were long

Not salties. Salties are known for having an aprox of 8000 lbs or maybe even more. And the biggest great white shark estimated a 3600 pounds bite.

Not salties. Salties are known for having an aprox of 8000 lbs or maybe even more. And the biggest great white shark estimated a 3600 pounds bite.

Where are these statistics form? I have never heard of them. I checked it out on Google and only got some google searches. There were a few sources saying that the nile crocodile had 5000 psi, but they also said the T-Rex has a measly 8000 psi