Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony essay questions

SilverLine

I'm starting a rough draft for my Composition 2 essay. I need anypony to answer the questions here:

1. Why do you like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"?

2. What is it about the show that compels you to keep watching it?

3. How has MLP impacted your life?

These questions can be answered by anypony who is willing to participate. I'll be comparing and contrasting each answer to find which ones are good for my thesis. I really appreciate your help in my assignment. Thank you.

• Brohoof 4

1. & 2. The insightful life lessons that has been pondered on by many famous philosophers and religions throughout history all over the world, conveyed in a simple manner (Dear princess Celestia, today I learned...) with straightforward examples (misc. situations in the show in which the conflict is obvious, little to no enigma/confusion)

3. Helps me become more mature. Provides me with another positive mindset to live my life. Feeds me positive information in the midst of negative media news portrayed everywhere, which helps preventing me from becoming a cynical person, hating like the haters/terrorists/extremists.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

1. I think the biggest thing is how great the characters are and how relatable they can be. Additionally, the story, art, writing, voice acting, music etc are all fantastic. All in all watching it is just a great experience.

2. Pretty much all the reasons stated above.

3. I'd be lying if I typed out some dramatic speech about how it's completely changed who I am, but watching it just makes me feel, well, happy, and I don't think you can underestimate the importance of that. Also, it has indirectly impacted me by enabling me to meet some of my closest friends in the world.

• Brohoof 1

1+2: Everything. The characters are the most spot-on ever, It looks beautiful, is well-written, and this COMMUNITY. My god, these people are nice. It's like I never experienced love before lol

3: Completely changed who I was from a stubborn ass/mule into a beautiful unicorn (I decided halfway to go metaphorical.)

1. Because it is a very well done show. The characters are often well done, and they often have very simplistic moralistic lessons that take place in normal everyday situations that make it relatable regardless of life position or culture.

2. It's character designes and seeing them grow as characters.

3. It gave me muh waifu

post-23625-0-41640600-1413332372_thumb.jpg

1. The innocence and the humor of it. Love all of the characters diverse personalities.

2. The characters and how they react to different things just make me laugh. The show makes me happy with its funniness and story lines.

3. Whenever I'm sad, the show lifts my spirits. It has helped me to learn how to treat my friends and has helped me to not be as afraid to be myself.

1.) It's a show that relieves some stress for me since I usually end up feeling better about myself after watching an episode. I also like the characters generally, the animation, and a lot of the funny moments.

2.) It's mainly because of the reasons in the first answer. Plus, I can always expect a quality episode.

3.) I think my outlook on life has improved some due in part to watching MLP, but for the most part I've gotten the opportunity to meet some great people in this fandom through places like MLP Forums.

1. A lot of reasons, but the biggest reason why I watch it is the characters. Each of the Mane 6 has something special to offer and go through their unique stories.

Since these characters are interesting to watch, it compels me to watch the show and see what would happen to them in the series.

It has impacted me by being more optimistic with life and willing to try out new things. Although it was the MLP:FiM fandom that actually taught me those two things.

1) I like MLP because it is the only cartoon out there that teaches you life lessons with a very interesting plot

2) I like how great the voice actresses/actors are they really fit their characters and like I said in the last one I love the plots they come up with plus they hint at previous episodes in later ones

3) without MLP I probably would of killed myself my life was going down hill then I see episode 1 thinking to myself why am I doing this (because my friend showed me a clip and I was curious) so I watch the episode and I loved it I kept watching and I still remember the long wait for S3 and then watching a new episode they day it came out