Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Resurgence OOC (Sci-fi, Post-apocalyptic, AU, Anthro, Adventure)

EcstaticWind

@@Windbreaker

Dear god I'm in way too many roleplays than I should be, but if Cinderscribe calls upon 'Roleplayers!' then I must comply. And of course the concept of this roleplay seems interesting to me.

I don't have the time to create an entire character right now, though I will have one finished soon. I'm thinking of either a Sniper pegasus, floating like a butterfly but stinging like a .50 caliber supercharged chunk of lead through your skull. Or perhaps an arsenal magus, something a whole lot like the invoker  from Dota 2 (check bio), although of course much less powerful. A utility mage, proficient in battle but moreso in research. Because learning from these hellscapes, and these terribly interesting chaos artifacts you mentioned is very important as well isn't it?

Let me know what you think fits best. Sniper or Researcher? I'm excited for both :3

Edited by Scribblegroove

Ooh, both of those sound really cool. And both would fit well as the Sniper could help dispatch threats, while the Researcher would likely know how to handle the artifacts correctly. It's up to you, but I'd suggest the second one.

Name: Agnus Dei

Race: Mechanical life form, appears similar to earth Pony

Appearance: Appears as an average earth pony, with a tan coat, and light brown hair, though  some of his mechanical parts are exposed to a long period or wear and tear. The inside of both his hands have been branded with the greek symbol Sigma.

Cutie Mark (if any): This area is only exposed machinery

Personality: Caring, and kind, it enjoys the company of people and is willing to reasonably risk it'self for others. It is socially awkward, still trying to understand the social concepts of organic beings.

Skills and talents: Is good at maintaining a variety of machinery, and can work well at delivering general first aid to a good amount of wounds..

Edited by Commander Tangent

Question!

What about gear, clothing, weapons and keepsakes... things like that?

Turns out that my attempts at drawing Atheia again failed, so I'm going to need to put in a little more description into her appearance. Was going to describe her outfit and so on, but wasn't certain if the characters would be given standard-issue things or... well, you get the picture! :P

(edited)

@,

Ah, yeah. That would be handy to know, wouldn't it?

Ask away, and I shall answer as best I can.

Small addition, as I was in the process of being murdered in Destiny just now. Are you asking for something specific or do you just need a general description of the standard-issue Ranger equipment? It's open to being customized to fit particular roles or according to the specific Ranger's personal taste as long as the modifications are practical. Which basically means no impractical spikes and other such nonsense. Custom colours are frowned upon, but no one will stop you until the colours become an eyesore.

Edited by Windbreaker

He would be a tank if this were an RPG. His massive hammer would be too big for anything but a Minotaur to carry, he would rarely use guns, and when he does it would only be conventional, ie no lasers. Heacmvy damage, heavy armor, low speed, overall he is just a beat them down kind _f guy.

@,

'Laser' firearms in this setting fire concussive bursts, like the ones Twilight used in A Canterlot Wedding, and they're just as common as conventional firearms. Regardless, I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it goes. Just remember that you can die or be discharged if you do something stupid, and there are way worse things than that for the especially stupid or suicidally reckless.

I honestly don't expect any of you to be stupid or reckless, but these are simply measures to remove bad elements. There's a long story involved, and Cinderscribe knows the kind of player these measures exist for. We had one in a previous RP he ran.

@,

Glad to be of assistance :) Hopefully I can give all of you guys a good RP

Heh, here come the questions it seems :P

On that note though, I think I'm done with questions for now! I've updated her details back on page 1 if you want to double check everything is all still okay. Appearance mostly, but I've added an 'other' section at the end regarding a weapon as well.

@,

So it would seem. I shall check it out soon-ish.

@@IridscentNionios, @,

Not to worry, guys. I'm working on an answer to your questions regarding weapons, and yes, Nio, you may have Fenix. I'm sure you can find a use for him in the field.

Bear with me guys. DMing is harder than I thought ^^;

@,

Ain't that the truth :P I'll certainly keep the offer in mind. Thanks :)

This is gonna be a long one, so apologies in advance for the wall of text. This will be added to the OP in a spoiler to save some space up there.

So for Primaries, of which you get one to start with, you have Assault Rifles, Shotguns, SMGs, LMGs, Marksman Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and a few Specials (though Specials are usually unique to characters, like that Gravity Hammer or a high-powered crossbow) Aside from Specials and Sniper Rifles (which can only fire material ammunition, since concussive bursts don't really penetrate), Primaries can fire either material ammunition or concussive bursts (which can still kill, mind you).

Secondaries, of which you also get one to start with, include Semi-Automatic Pistols (single and burst fire options), Revolvers, and Machine Pistols. These can also be modified to use either material ammo or concussive bursts.

Melee weapons are fairly standard. Knives, swords, axes, standard hammers, etc. There's a little fantasy in here, too.

Grenades, naturally. There's the standard frags and flashbangs, along with decoys, incendiaries, etc. You get a total of four grenades to start off.

So, your initial limits are 1 Primary, 1 Secondary, 1 Melee, 4 Grenades. You can support 4 reloads for Primaries and 3 for secondaries. Specials are usually custom-built by or for the character in question, but the rules in the OP about overpowered abilities apply to weapons as well, so don't go too crazy with it.

Primary ammo limits are:

Assault Rifles: Avg. 30 round magazines

Marksman Rifles: Avg. 20 round magazines

Sniper Rifles: Avg. 5 round magazines

SMGs: Avg. 35 round magazines

LMGs: Avg. 75 round drums or boxes

Shotguns: Avg. 8 round internal/external magazine

Secondary Ammo limits are:

Revolver: Avg. 6 round rotating cylinder

Semi-auto, single shot: Avg. 10 round magazine

Semi-auto, burst-fire: Avg. 15 round magazine

Machine pistol: Avg. 20 round magazine

Let me know if I missed or need to clarify anything. How your gun looks is up to you guys, though.

@,

I'm gonna say either hammer or minigun, but not both. Wlling suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

I will allow a lighter firearm or a lighter melee weapon depending on your choice.

@@Windbreaker,

Well, While we are on the topic, I had  bit of an idea.

Since I am going for a more support role, you think I could have a Plasma Cannon ? 

It would charge up for about five seconds then release a ball of super heated plasma, kinda like the overcharge shot from the plasma pistol in halo. 

EDIT: And I forgot to add, it would be about the size of a pistol,  I just thought it would be something cool to defend himself with XD

Edited by Commander Tangent