Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Resurgence OOC (Sci-fi, Post-apocalyptic, AU, Anthro, Adventure)

EcstaticWind

The RP will be up quite soon, I hope. Just waiting on the last few characters and this first squad is ready. Oh, one more thing. Do you want to play both characters, Scribbles? 'Cause I'm happy to dig up an OC and bump the squad up to 8 if it will clear up the indecision from earlier.

Yeah that would be great actualy. I'm up for that :D

And all this discussion about armour... My character isn't going to wear any. Just the magi robes. Unless of course the authorities force him to wear armour, but he'd rather not. He can also only use some handguns, but not very proficiently. So that would tone down his powers as well :)

I made his spells mostly to be cast on others. A heal and a buff, and a spell for him to be able to contribute to the battle :3

Imagine what would happen if I cast lightning infusion on atheia :D

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove,

There's one question answered, and it's funny you mention healing spells. The character I chose is a medic herself.

For everyone, here's the app form:

Name: Faithful Belief (Also referred to as ‘Faith’)

Race: Unicorn

Appearance: Her coat is a dull white, and her mane is long and murky cyan streaked with black. She has light purple eyes, often with a seemingly sad expression and has a distinctly feminine body structure. She wears a black collar with a light purple gem tied to it like a pendant, a gift from her brother, Assured Gambit, when they were young. Her choices of casual clothing when she isn’t in the field are a light pink camisole shirt, faded blue jeans and a pair of old pink running shoes. Her armour, however, is a black armoured combat uniform, also known as an Exo, that looks to be modified to carry medical equipment.

Cutie Mark (if any): A pink heart with gentle light purple sparkles surrounding it. It symbolizes her kind nature and her hope for the future.

Personality: Faithful Belief (‘Faith’ for short) is a shy and soft-spoken pony, following a personal tragedy that struck at a young age. While not as confident as she used to be and often has her doubts about her own capabilities, Faith is still honest, reliable and kind. While she is honest, she is generally unwilling to open up to others at first, due to a fear of being hurt and losing somepony she cares about. She tries to maintain a hopeful outlook on life no matter how many times it tries to crush her hopes.

Skills and talents: Faith is decent at fighting, but her lack of confidence tends to hold back this potential. However, her real talents are her skills in healing. While she has personal reasons for this, her talent as a medic outweighs her questionable usefulness as a riflepony.

Something I forgot to add. The Exo in her appearance description is the armour from that picture.
Edited by Windbreaker

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove,

Indeed. I'll modify the OP and hopefully have the RP thread up tonight :)

@@Scribblegroove@@@IridscentNionios, @@Commander Tangent@, @,

IT LIVES! :D

The RP is officially live, and ready to go! Apologies in advance if I got anything wrong, but after hours spent on the intro post, I wanted to get it up for you guys.

Here's the link, which will also go on the front page:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/112906-resurgence-rp-sci-fi-post-apocalyptic-au-anthro-adventure/

Edited by Windbreaker

I'm going to go with material ammo, on my main weapon which is gonna be a Assault Rifle, and my Secondary is a Machine Pistol with Concusive Burst Ammo, do we get melee weapons also or would that count as a secondary?

Weapons have all been listed on the last page: the maximum starter gear someone can bring is:

1 Primary

1 Secondary

1 Melee

4 Grenades

1 item may be a special, unique type item.

All weapons fire energy bursts by default, but can also fire the rarer and more powerful physical ammunition where it is available.

(Just reeling off Windys data in one message, If I'm wrong now I'll sound really stupid...)

@,

Actually, aside from the fact that physical ammo is almost as common as magic burst weapons and you have to modify the weapons for the type of ammo you want it to fire, that's spot on.

@

The weapons info is also on the main page in a spoiler under the 'things to know section'. In case you have any further trouble.

@@IridscentNionios,

What kind of grenades? you can have four in total, but they don't all have to be the same type. You could even carry 4 different grenades if you wanted.

@,

To answer the OOC question in your post, you will be receiving your weapons shortly. Also, if you wanted to, you could've described what Chains was doing before arriving at Ranger HQ. Y'know, just a bit of character development advice.

Whew, hefty post there! Really got into writing: I've a good feeling about this!

FYI - She's not supposed to be an 'all bad rebel' type - more like she just does the bare minimum that she can get away with. She likes to think of herself as more of a rebel than she actually is.

As long as we're listing gear:

Assault rifle.

Semi-automatic pistol.

Talons.

No grenades! She'll carry concussion grenades if forced, but as a general rule, explosives should be kept away from her. She doesn't like the thought of them detonating by accident while she's wearing them anyway.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Windbreaker,Why inferno? Why for the glory of Satan of course!!! Nah just kidding. Sometimes you just need fire to help you. Sticky Grenade - Stick this grenade to your opponent, and the explosion will tear apart the target and shrapnel will damage other enemies caught in the blast. Could replace with this. Sticks to target Just but otherwise just like a normal grenade.

Edited by IridscentNionios