How did you get started on MLP?

mysticalnight

I'm just curious how everyone else got hooked on it. Me? I first started doing research on the show to help in an rp as a favor for an online friend. I won't lie, it was AWFUL. Not having to do it I mean, I didnt mind that. I knew little to nothing about the characters at the time, and calling my attempt imitations would be an insult to good rping. I grasped the basic structure, but not the charactrrs thrmselves. Even if I wanted to watch the show before this, I didn't get the proper channel, so I couldn't. At the time, I was staying at my grandmother's for a month to help out after her surgery. She happened to have netflix, and I spotted MLP on there. Decided to try watching it. And the rest as they say is history. What about you guys?

Edited by mysticalnight
  • Brohoof 1

Gosh, that's a long and strange story ... if I remember?

It was last year, around february/march

In another forum, an user suddenly wrote in a thread with a Fluttershy profile pic. Ended up in making jokes(I never made bad ones and he know, it was jokes), even some kind of RP, where we fighting him and the ponies. As an idea to find out each weakness from each pony, I started to look one episode, then another ... and another ... at the end, I didn't looked for the "Plan", I looked for the show itself. Got addicted, liked more and more etc. and here I am

• Brohoof 1

Legends never die. Ponies neither.

blogentry-24406-0-80578900-1482254802.png

Rainbow Dash is best pony! Ava made by Pandora^^

Abridged version: 

I stubbed my toe on the steps and ended up watching Youtube, saw a clip of 'Fall Weather Friends', was like "ok this is okie", ended vid, moved on, then saw it on Netflix a few months later, was like "why not", watched it, Party of One, Pinkamena, omg, Pinkie, friendship, happiness, win, now im writing in a topic about how i got started on mlp.  :maud:

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

Well, its a kinda long story if you look at it time wise as in how long it was between starting to become one, and becoming one. thou otherwise, it is kinda short.

believe it or not i started as an anti-brony, I had gotten into a bet of skill on minecraft with a friends friend and the bet was if i lost that i had to watch at least one episode of MLP (spoiler alert, i watched more than one...). well i lost the bet so i watched an episode, then another, then another... and well, you get the point. it took me about a year or so before i was a full blown brony though.

also, the post above mine is hard to follow...

img-27115-1-img-27115-1-img-27115-1-img-

Sig made by Princess-Moonlight

Avatar is a Recolor of a gif I found, original was RD I believe

Ask My OC: Straight Shot, Silvershine, Platinum Star and Starry Skies

I was looking for Fallout 3 mods, then I came across a fan fiction called Fallout : Equestria. I found it really strange, so I decided to do some research on the characters. It took me all the way to MLP Forums. I found this forum really strange. Then, I came across the show on Youtube through MLP forums... etc, etc, etc....

I was scrolling through Tumblr, and in one post someone had posted the song Winter Wrap-Up, which I enjoyed. I also remembered seeing a lot of MLP avatars on tumblr and devart and livejournal, so I knew this thing, whatever it was, was pretty popular. Decided to check it out, so I just started at the beginning. Luckily this was back during season 1, so I only had to watch a few episodes to be caught up ... and I've been watching ever since. It sometimes surprises me that I've been watching the show longer than a lot of other people, because back then, I thought I was late getting on the bandwagon!

I had known about the fandom for about a year and a half and had watched a lot of YTPs of the show. Sometime in early February I gave the show a try and here I am.

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

I was watching top 22 non gaming creepypasta vid and My little Pony cupcakes came out. it was interesting.  then I started to watch mlp and got addicted. 

img-29938-1-img-29938-1-geld3i4.jpg

Equestria Girl Artist Infernus's adorable brother  :kindness: / PROJECT: Echo, My Little Kohai   B)

Having a bad day? Come relax in my profile, I'll try my best to make you at least smile a bit..  :blush: 

I've (consciously) known about MLP for a decade now. However, I did not take an interest until Spring of 2011. I did not hate or even dislike the brand before then, just didn't explore it. Around that time I noticed topics on the new MLP cartoon popping up. On one forum I read about how Lauren Faust had directed the show to be quality entertainment for girls. I realize that it's very rare that I identify with a character of my own gender in anything I watch, and thought that was pretty sad. So naturally I decided to give the show a chance... And I identified with all six main characters. Then I loved it. lol

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Hi @mysticalnight.  We already have a long running thread on this very topic...one of the oldest in the forum.  When starting a thread, please use the search feature to see if the subject matter has already been posted by another member.  Feel free to continue discussing how you became a fan of MLP here!  :)  http://mlpforums.com/topic/118-how-and-when-did-you-become-a-brony/