Hive King

An all out battle between the two of them in the throne room, who wins? Twilight and Cadence are protecting civilians so the two can go all out. 

I go with Celestia. Not only is she the elder, but she's more mature and less tempermental than Luna. Also, Chrysalis uses her as the benchmark for power(Even stronger than Celestia!) and seems to not view Luna as a threat at all, so Celestia is probably stronger than Moon-Butt

"Aren’t we the same? You know, aren’t you carrying the same mindset as I am? Just because you couldn’t bear to lose, you lost your precious partner! You really call yourself a true duelist? You’re the complete opposite of that!" -Weevil Underwood

Celestia, easily.

Seeing as she's the eldest and more mature, she has had more experience in fighting. And seeing as how she was able to control both the sun and moon easily while Luna was gone, she's obviously stronger.

Celestia just seems stronger, more mature, and more prepared if a fight were to come. 

• Brohoof 3

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

I don't know.

They're both well over 1,000 years old so they both had plenty of time to mature regardless of who's eldest. Also Luna got 1,000 years of moon time to plot and prepare for her next take over  to hone her magical skills while Celestia busies herself with the moon and sun. And theres no telling, if it was Celestia that went evil theres no way to prove Luna wouldn't be able to take care of the kingdom and sun herself.

Not that I have a sister, but if what she did was well appreciated by everypony, and what I did (that was equally incredible) was shunned, I would lose my mind a little too.

• Brohoof 3

"...And then the Princesses of Equestria declared, 'Derpy is best pony.'"...

Celestia, of course. Luna is inferior compared to her. (It doesn't really matter about how many fans she has...)

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

gonna take you out

Celestia as she's older and more mature so she'll be more in control compared to her more tempremental sister.

I don't know.

They're both well over 1,000 years old so they both had plenty of time to mature regardless of who's eldest. Also Luna got 1,000 years of moon time to plot and prepare for her next take over  to hone her magical skills while Celestia busies herself with the moon and sun. And theres no telling, if it was Celestia that went evil theres no way to prove Luna wouldn't be able to take care of the kingdom and sun herself.

Not that I have a sister, but if what she did was well appreciated by everypony, and what I did (that was equally incredible) was shunned, I would lose my mind a little too.

She was sealed inside the moon, she didn't walked upon the surface freely as many people believed. Luna in the comics was able to fly between the moon to Equestria in seconds, and Celestia was sealed inside the sun upon Nightmare Moon's return. Once she was freed she quickly teleported out to Equestria. If she had the time to train on the moon, then why didn't she teleported out?

Also, her being able to train goes against the use of the elements of harmony as they either imprison someone in stone or purify them mentally.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia as she's older and more mature so she'll be more in control compared to her more tempremental sister.

She was sealed inside the moon, she didn't walked upon the surface freely as many people believed. Luna in the comics was able to fly between the moon to Equestria in seconds, and Celestia was sealed inside the sun upon Nightmare Moon's return. Once she was freed she quickly teleported out to Equestria. If she had the time to train on the moon, then why didn't she teleported out?

Also, her being able to train goes against the use of the elements of harmony as they either imprison someone in stone or purify them mentally.

It's a show and I personally believe its open to interpret in anyway you feel. With that said, you're also quoting fanfic, keyword fic. It's all fiction. Interpret it how you see fit, it's not canon though.

It's a show and I personally believe its open to interpret in anyway you feel. With that said, you're also quoting fanfic, keyword fic. It's all fiction. Interpret it how you see fit, it's not canon though.

What fanfic are you speaking of and no I'm sure the show has mentioned that she was sealed on the moon and there is plenty of evidences to indirectly support it as well.

What fanfic are you speaking of and no I'm sure the show has mentioned that she was sealed on the moon and there is plenty of evidences to indirectly support it as well.

Agh, I meant comics. Still not the same thing.

Agh, I meant comics. Still not the same thing.

The comics are considered 'B canon' and are canon so long as the show doesn't contradict it. For example, comics say Twilight Velvet is Daring Do's author. The show says nope Daring is real and her own author. Thus the show retconned that part out as it has higher priority over canon and Katie Cook and Andy Price could say little to dissuade them about it.

The comics are considered 'B canon' and are canon so long as the show doesn't contradict it. For example, comics say Twilight Velvet is Daring Do's author. The show says nope Daring is real and her own author. Thus the show retconned that part out as it has higher priority over canon and Katie Cook and Andy Price could say little to dissuade them about it.

I consider the comics headcanon, though I've never read them considering theres nowhere near me that sells them.

Edited by MuffinQueenDerpy

I consider the comics headcanon, though I've never read them considering theres nowhere near me that sells them.

They're available online at amazon and Itunes, my usual method of getting them.

Celestia for sure.

Celestia in the past has defeated her sister when she went on a rampage.

It would make no difference.

That being said,

I still like Luna more than any other princess or character.

post-25645-0-84499900-1415079111_thumb.jpg

I love you Luna!

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know.  I'm personally biased for Luna, obviously.  But since Celestia is a good amount older than her sister, logically, she should be more powerful, magically.  

^^^This is what I mean

Celestia, easily.   Seeing as she's the eldest and more mature, she has had more experience in fighting. And seeing as how she was able to control both the sun and moon easily while Luna was gone, she's obviously stronger.

Just because Celestia is older than Luna doesn't necessarily mean she has more experience in fighting.  And, to argue with your second point, for all we know, Luna could be able to control both the sun and the moon too.

"Life is not about success or making others happy, but about being happy in the process" - Plato's Pony

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

"Night.  Fear and Darkness in one sense.  Peace and Tranquility in another" - Plato's Pony

Celestia has more the more powerful magic, as she can control the movements of the sun and moon easily, while the one time Luna raises the sun, she struggles heavily. Luna has more combat experience, though; she assists her guards on their nightly patrol protecting Equestria from the things that go bump in the night. Without knowing the extent of Celestia's versatility vs Luna's ability, though, it's a coin toss.

• Brohoof 3

Celestia has more the more powerful magic, as she can control the movements of the sun and moon easily, while the one time Luna raises the sun, she struggles heavily. Luna has more combat experience, though; she assists her guards on their nightly patrol protecting Equestria from the things that go bump in the night. Without knowing the extent of Celestia's versatility vs Luna's ability, though, it's a coin toss.

I really like this thought.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think Luna would win, but only because she holds the powers of Nightmare Moon within her. In the fight between them in the past, Luna (Nightmare Moon) was able to easily beat her sister while Celestia only ran from her. The only reason that Celestia won was because of the Elements of Harmony, and since those are gone, what chance would Celestia have? And if you make the argument that Luna is no longer Nightmare Moon, blah blah blah. That doesn't mean she doesn't still hold the magical capabilities as Nightmare Moons, as it describes in the season finally of S4, their magic cannot simply disappear, it requires somewhere to go. That being said, back in the S1 premier, even if the Elements of Harmony was able to stop Nightmare Moon, that doesn't necessarily mean that Nightmare Moons magic disappeared as well. Therefore Lunas magic is Nightmare Moons magic, which is stronger than Celestia's magic.

Edited by Prince Blackquill

vaxqorj.jpg

My OC's

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15sDqH3g2VQ3gyMOmV64MxQgwYGuQ4fEBLtLjmetFxBQ/edit

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!

Personally, I think Luna would win, but only because she holds the powers of Nightmare Moon within her. In the fight between them in the past, Luna (Nightmare Moon) was able to easily beat her sister while Celestia only ran from her. The only reason that Celestia won was because of the Elements of Harmony, and since those are gone, what chance would Celestia have? And if you make the argument that Luna is no longer Nightmare Moon, blah blah blah. That doesn't mean she doesn't still hold the magical capabilities as Nightmare Moons, as it describes in the season finally of S4, their magic cannot simply disappear, it requires somewhere to go. That being said, back in the S1 premier, even if the Elements of Harmony was able to stop Nightmare Moon, that doesn't necessarily mean that Nightmare Moons magic disappeared as well. Therefore Lunas magic is Nightmare Moons magic, which is stronger than Celestia's magic.

Not true. Celestia possesses a similar ability; when she reaches an emotional peak, she transforms. 

post-28184-0-82502300-1415084650_thumb.png

Strangely enough, it's reversed this time; Nightmare Moon prefers energy blasts, while the transformed Celestia prefers physical attacks. Again, pretty much leaves it tied.

@,

Wait... whats that? Ive never seen that pic before XD 

vaxqorj.jpg

My OC's

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15sDqH3g2VQ3gyMOmV64MxQgwYGuQ4fEBLtLjmetFxBQ/edit

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!

@,

Luna can't just transform into Nightmare Moon at will.

And that was a horrific example, Celestia didn't even want to fight Nightmare Moon because she was her sister

@,

>Resisting enormous urge to go on a rant about comics being canon 

"Aren’t we the same? You know, aren’t you carrying the same mindset as I am? Just because you couldn’t bear to lose, you lost your precious partner! You really call yourself a true duelist? You’re the complete opposite of that!" -Weevil Underwood

I'm going to ignore the comics, and assume the contest is Show!Celestia vs. Show!Luna.

For me, it depends on whether you believe that Luna as Nightmare Moon is significantly stronger than Luna in her normal form. We've seen Luna crack solid stone and ground with little effort.

post-2257-0-57540500-1415107722_thumb.jpg

Princess Twilight Sparkle, Part 1

post-2257-0-31260000-1415107723_thumb.jpg

Luna Eclipsed

We've never seen the same from Celestia. I guess one could say Celestia is just more controlled, and doesn't let her strength leak out like that, but you wouldn't really have much evidence for that viewpoint, apart from basic differences in how the two comport themselves. Oh, and when Celestia faced off against the Changeling Queen, she attacked without seeming very concerned with possible collateral damage. Either she isn't all that strong, or she didn't use full force against the Queen, which makes her defeat both more understandable and sillier at the same time.

Next, Nightmare Moon took Celestia down with one beam attack, before Tia went with the overwhelming force of the Elements of Harmony, but then again, she spent the entire time dodging and not returning fire, so that's not much of an indicator. A better indicator is simply how much physical destruction NNM caused in that episode. And while Tia survived the attack, she certainly was knocked unconscious / senseless for a while. NNM could probably have won there if she had kept up with her attack instead of gloating.

So case 1: Luna is as strong as Nightmare Moon even when she isn't in that form/frame of mind. Then she beats Celestia, due to the damage we've seen her inflict in Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1, which Celestia has not (yet) been shown to match.

Case 2: Nightmare Moon form gives Luna a boost in power, but base form Luna is still stronger than Celestia (because of the ground cracking, etc above), so Luna wins again.

Case 3: Nightmare Moon form gives Luna a boost in power, and base form Luna is weaker than Celestia, in which case Tia wins.

Based only on what we've seen so far, I'd go with Luna. But it's still very vague, since we've never seen them really go all out head to head.

Happy minion of The Fabulous One!

img-2257-1-sig-2257.sig-2257.sig-2257.Full_Spectrum2_2.jpg

Signature by Midnightive

Check out my blog! https://mlpforums.com/blog/1083-sunny-side-den/