Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever feel like you don't/do want people to know you are a brony?

Green Precision

I'm sure many of you closet bronies attempting to become open bronies, as well as other open bronies, have felt this before. Have you ever felt like you wanted some people to know that you are a brony and at the same time you don't?

-I still experience this. My background on my phone is Vinyl Scratch. Though it is not a big deal, what I would do is turn my phone on to where my background is seen clearly, act like im not paying attention, then angle it toward someone I trust to know, hoping they would notice and ask, "Are you a brony?"

-I also have a youtube channel that is pretty taken over by the fact that I am a brony. So when people find my youtube channel link, I tell them, "Don't click it, you don't want to." So they'll get curious and actually click it.

So do you ever feel like you don't/do want people to know you are a brony?

Edited by TrevorGoesBrony
  • Brohoof 6

It doesn't usually matter to me. If they don't accept my Bronyness, then they've got priority issues.

Though I do get that feeling with some of my managers and bosses. Most of my coworkers already know so no big pressure there but I don't know what being a Brony would do for advancement in my company, ha ha.

• Brohoof 4

-doodling in class. I'll mostly doodle ponies or the occasional other thing, but like I want someone to notice and be like "whaaaat, ponies? You're a brony?" But at the same time sometimes I don't want them to see. Especially if it's a teacher. Idk why. Like my history teacher saw my doodles and really loudly pointed it out and I wanted to die.

-my phone screen as well. I don't angle it purposely for people to see, it's a mane six as blobs fighting discord with cuteness powers. Like I'll turn up my brightness and just stare at the screen.

- if I'm bored I'll get on netflix, turn my brightness up and watch ponies in class. I don't hide it, I'll angle it to where I can see and if anyone looked over they would be able to see. It's like I want people to notice just to see if anyone else likes ponies, but also I don't cause I don't like being the center of attention and usually that's what happens when ponies are brought up in public areas.

-I'll wear my pony hoodie, it's got the 4 princesses. I don't usually feel self conscious wearing it, like I want people to know I like mlp. I want to be able to meet fellow bronies, but I also get kinda scared of what mean things people could say to me about it.

I'm not really a closet brony, but I don't like talking about ponies to strangers. Heck, not even really close friends sometimes. Sorta open, but eeeeh.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really a closet brony, but I don't like talking about ponies to strangers. Heck, not even really close friends sometimes. Sorta open, but eeeeh.

I know what you mean, but for me, I find it really awkward to just have a conversation about ponies as high schoolers, so when it is brought up, I try to change the subject so no one else overhears us. Even though I love to go by Black Gryph0n's song lyrics from "Proud to be a brony"

"...But I've been thinkin' of a reason I should hide FiM as if to mention it were painful, when it feels so good inside!"

• Brohoof 1

My phone wallpaper is attached. I'll freely admit to being a fan of the show, but I don't have any particularly great desire to bang on about ponies to anybody that I don't think will be interested.

Being a fan of a show isn't shameful... I was afraid to come out as bisexual to my friends, but when I did it didn't change anything. Telling them you watch a cartoon shouldn't change things?

Being a fan of a show isn't shameful... I was afraid to come out as bisexual to my friends, but when I did it didn't change anything. Telling them you watch a cartoon shouldn't change things?

lol ya itll change things

but i'll admit openly on a whim i watch team umizoomi, play club penguin and have a polly pocket collection.

• Brohoof 1

I know what you mean, but for me, I find it really awkward to just have a conversation about ponies as high schoolers, so when it is brought up, I try to change the subject so no one else overhears us. Even though I love to go by Black Gryph0n's song lyrics from "Proud to be a brony"

"...But I've been thinkin' of a reason I should hide FiM as if to mention it were painful, when it feels so good inside!"

Lol when I first started getting into ponies I started looking into the fandom and listened to that song.

I was like HELL YEAH BRUH IM PROUD IDONTEVENCARE IM A BRONY PEEPS.

And then I went to school and always kept it a secret cause I was afraid of people saying something horrid to me.

I talk about it occasionally in school, like me and my friend will say talk our pony talk. Just stupid things like "Princess Tuna." Or "twist iz best pone." Or whatever jokingly. Even do brohoofs across the class to be stupid. But it's still such an awkward topic when surrounded by people that either a)think bronies are weirdo freaks or b )have no idea what they are and then you have to explain it to them.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 3

Lol when I first started getting into ponies I started looking into the fandom and listened to that song.

I was like HELL YEAH BRUH IM PROUD IDONTEVENCARE IM A BRONY PEEPS.

And then I went to school and always kept it a secret cause I was afraid of people saying something horrid to me.

I talk about it occasionally in school, like me and my friend will say talk our pony talk. Just stupid things like "Princess Tuna." Or "twist iz best pone." Or whatever jokingly. Even do brohoofs across the class to be stupid. But it's still such an awkward topic when surrounded by people that either a)think bronies are weirdo freaks or b )have no idea what they are and then you have to explain it to them.

Lol sorry but princess tuna made laugh xD

Though I do get that feeling with some of my managers and bosses. Most of my coworkers already know so no big pressure there but I don't know what being a Brony would do for advancement in my company, ha ha.

Promoted to Celestia's protege' and personal student. You may or may not have to master unicorn magic in order to advance.

• Brohoof 1

-I still experience this. My background on my phone is Vinyl Scratch. 

I got the same thing going on, my tablet background is EG twilight sparkle

I don't try to hide it but I doubt anyone will notice it. 

I sort of want to tell my friend but there's no real reason to. He said before he thinks bronies are weird and I'm not going to force him to watch it or try it out.

I usually just get the "I don't want anyone to know" feeling as a closet brony, I don't want anyone to know, it would mess things up and complicate things much to much.

OH MY GOSH! I so do this! Yeah! Like, I'll wear my pony shirts and when I go to school I have my coat covering them but I always inch the zipper far down enough that if someone were to really notice they'd recognize what it is. I was recently found out by a friend of mine and I have to say, it felt good. The reaction was awesome too. He knows I'm a brony, he thinks it's cool, and that's it. He actually likes it. He asks me about the show sometimes and the shirt I'm wearing.

I also sketch stuff and use my phone wallpaper.

Someday I'm going to full on reveal myself. More and more people are actually getting to recognize that I'm a brony. It's been a great feeling. I want to feel that pride to it's fullest and not feel afraid anymore. Someday! ^_^

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 2

There are some people I don't want to know, yes... but in general, I don't really care. I don't want everyone to know, but I don't want to hide it, either. It's kinda like the middle ground.

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly hide it, but I don't brag about it either. I've only recently started being comfortable wearing my brony shirts in public, and even then if someone asks I kinda get embarrassed a bit. But if they turn out to be a brony, then hey! I've made a new friend.

Still won't buy my own merch in places that aren't comic shops or Hot Topic though.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I do want other people to know I'm a brony, preferably other bronies.

I use references and hum songs from MLP sometimes, and I purposely do this around people who I know are bronies because I'm desperate for brony friends :P

I don't tell everyone I'm a brony, I'm not very open about it. If it comes up in a conversation, sure. If someone asks me if I'm a brony, I'll say yes. But if nobody asks me about it, then I don't talk about it.

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

My parents know that Imlike MlP, but they have no clue as to what a Pegasister is.

I'm not even going to bother to try and explain it to them.

• Brohoof 1