Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Grinding games

Pinkie Dust

The title mostly explains it. I want suggestions for good mindless grinding games that you can just hop into. This is a kind of weird thing but I don't enjoy grinding levels at all but I find grinding for rare gear SUPER fun and rewarding (most of the time) and so for that reason I was hoping for games like borderlands 2 were you don't need to grind levels much and most of the grinding is for gear. Because I might be gone for a few days thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You are not alone. I actually haven't heard of anybody other than myself who likes grinding. You're saying most people seem to like it? O.o That's news to me...

I don't think most people enjoy it but I do know a quite a few people who do enjoy it. Although like previously stated I enjoy it a lot more when you're doing it for some sort of item or cool payout rather than to just level.

Edited by Pinkie Dust

I haven't played much but I'm pretty sure any Monster Hunter game is the epitome of grind central.

There's lots of games you can grind in that really aren't necessary though. For example, Dark Souls can be grindey if you want it to be but the only reason to do it is usually to have decent stats/equipment for PvP. Even then it's less grinding and more min-maxing.

You could pick any of the later Final Fantasy games as well.

FFX's strongest equipment take a bit of grinding and the sphere grid gets really expansive once you're able to open the paths into other characters' grids.

FFXII has many optional bosses that you'll be required to grind for whether it's for levels or farming for equipment. You'll have to unlock the ability to use said equipment (and also abilities) on the license board so you'll need high levels or a map of the entire board to look at so you know what you're doing. The ultimate optional boss has like fifty million HP and will take some serious grinding to fight.

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have lots of optional bosses and hunts to do. FFXIII has lots of material grinding you can do to get the best equipment and FFXIII-2 has monsters you can max out and fuse together. Lots of grinding for godliness there. :lol:

The title mostly explains it. I want suggestions for good mindless grinding games that you can just hop into. This is a kind of weird thing but I don't enjoy grinding levels at all but I find grinding for rare gear SUPER fun and rewarding (most of the time) and so for that reason I was hoping for games like borderlands 2 were you don't need to grind levels much and most of the grinding is for gear. Because I might be gone for a few days thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nothing beats Runescape in grinding.

the game I probably grinded the most in was Wizard 101 mostly if I was trying to get rare drops from bosses like stronger wands, better armor, hidden pets, even house items...... but grinding is something your defiantly going to need to do when comes to questing and thats when it gets annoying fast when a fight takes about 5 minutes to do depending on your class and how much health you have left and you get greeted with failed to collect the quest item

the game I probably grinded the most in was Wizard 101 mostly if I was trying to get rare drops from bosses like stronger wands, better armor, hidden pets, even house items...... but grinding is something your defiantly going to need to do when comes to questing and thats when it gets annoying fast when a fight takes about 5 minutes to do depending on your class and how much health you have left and you get greeted with failed to collect the quest item

2 level 100's already Life and storm :P

2 level 100's already Life and storm :P

I haven't played since the Celestia update I have a level 60 Ice and I have every quest complete from Wizard city to Celestia including Grizleheim I have plans on going back to the game when I get a better computer and do a long play with three other friends

as for side characters I have a level 38 Death 32 Life, and i can't remember the others

I haven't played since the Celestia update I have a level 60 Ice and I have every quest complete from Wizard city to Celestia including Grizleheim I have plans on going back to the game when I get a better computer and do a long play with three other friends

as for side characters I have a level 38 Death 32 Life, and i can't remember the others

you should get back eventually because the second arc is actually pretty good although kinda anti climactic at the end

You are not alone. I actually haven't heard of anybody other than myself who likes grinding. You're saying most people seem to like it? O.o That's news to me...

How many millions of people play WoW (myself included)?

Diablo 3 has an incredibly positive grinding experience these days. They've worked towards coding it so that it drops a legendary item about once an hour. So if you like epic loot drops and grindy gameplay, I'd highly recommend it.

you should get back eventually because the second arc is actually pretty good although kinda anti climactic at the end

I would love to but I need a better computer so I may or may not I probably will return when I'm doing the lets play I want the newer worlds to be a blind run through since I know all the others

The F2P game World of Tanks, is a fun, fast paced, tank simulation game... with the most gut wrenchingly drawn out grinding process ever devised. before moving up a tier, you need to invest a shit-ton of time grinding for experience, just to be able to unlock the ability to buy the next tank, let alone pay for it. Also, when you finally buy the new tank, the parts you initially start out with make you shittier than you were previously, thus more grinding just to make your tank not suck. you also need to buy ammunition, which, if you dont want to suck, means grinding to buy the better shells. However, if you want to pay real world cash, you can skip the grinding. (but thats for pussies.) It is stiff a very fin game though. 

• 1 month later...

If you have WiiU, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is one of the best grind games. All you do is collect ores and carve monsters, but the hunt is the fun part. You have to get to know your weapon and the monster's patterns. Also, online 4-player, so you can take down the monsters faster.

There are twelve weapon types, 9 melee and 3 ranged.

Give me a holler if you do get it. Need more hunter friends, hehe.