Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Accepting) Equestria: 1955

Mand'alor Dash

@@HunterTSN,     

Zubs couldn't help but smile. Even though he didn't really understand why. "Well do." He said as he was about to leave, but then he stopped. "But, I do have a friend of mine who could really use  haircut, I can't remember the last time he's washed his mane. It smells almost like a rats nest. Maybe I could bring him around and you could fix him up. And as a thanks I could treat ya to a drink." He said with a small, hopeful smile. 

@@Mand'alor Dash

Still shaken up from the changeling attack, Zephyr made her way the the station as quickly as possible. Ever since their role in saving Zephyr from a dark lifestyle when she was younger, the police had always been a source of safety for the small pegasus. Still the odd police officer nagged at the back of her mind as she sat in the reception room waiting to be questioned over the incident. 

"Do officers usually carry those automatic guns and stuff when they're off on their own?" she asked, suddenly turning to her accompanying officer who was sitting across the room munching a donut, without waiting for a response she continued; "who was that griffin cop anyway? It just seems so weird to me that an on-duty cop was hanging out in an empty house on a deserted skyway with weapon's like that. Doesn't that seem strange to you?"

@@Gloomfury,

"Who am I to turn down such a generous offer?" Vibrant chuckled, pausing from his work to look back at Zubs. "Bring your friend by whenever you have the chance, I'll have him smelling like roses in no time"

@@HunterTSN,

Zubs smile got bigger. "It just so happens that he's just across the street at the soda shop with another friend of mine. Just give me a sec." He head out the door to Vibrant's store, across the street to the soda shop. Then he came back dragging back a light blue earth pony with a tacky Hawaiian shirt, kicking and cursing. "Dammit, Zubs! I said I don't need no a blasted mane washin!" Next to Zubs was Sammy, currying Malachi's bat. " I hope could overlook the fact that ya banned him and find it in your heart to give him the help he so desperately needs."

Edited by Gloomfury

@@Gloomfury,

Vibrant sighed and put a hoof to his forehead.

"Fine, but only cause he pulled you off the streets before you got yourself killed, and he's gotta pay like everyone else" he said to Zubs as he cleaned of a chair and spun it towards the tacky mobster. "Zubs really wasn't lying about the smell. Get your tail over here and take a seat before you scare away in more customers."

((This will probably be my last post for tonight, also tomorrow looks like I might be busy so it'll be a gamble on whether or not I'll make any posts.))

@@HunterTSN,

The cop, focused intensely on his donut, took only a brief break to answer Zephyr's question. "Nope," he said plainly, "we always keep that kind of hardware locked up in the station. Hell, I can't even remember the last time a Bird was let on the force. That guy right there, he was a faker."

The officer seemed rather apathetic toward this matter.

"You ask me, I think he's a Changeling. That stupid list just gets bigger every day." He finished off the last few bites of his donut before he continued, "You hear yesterday McCanter actually accused Princess Cadence herself of being a changeling? A princess!" The good officer seemed rather indignant at the very idea of a Princess being accused of being a changeling. "Where does that guy get the nerve?"

Meanwhile, at the other end of town...

The promised time arrives. A limousine, blacker than coal, glides across the skyway. For what is usually such a busy hour, the driver finds it strange that there were so few cars, and not a single police car to be seen. Carelessly, he lets himself accelerate over the speed limit. The sirens behind him make him immediately regret his decision.

The passengers let out a sigh of frustration as the limo is pulled to the side of the road.

"Third time this week," one of them moans, "What do you pay this asshole for, anyway?"

Three ponies, the driver and two Earth Ponies in suits, stepped out of the vehicle. The police car came to a stop directly ahead of them, and two Griffons in police uniforms walked out.

"Is there a problem, Officers?" the driver asked, motioning the other two ponies to start counting out a bribe, "Was I speeding? I could swear I was only doin'... let's say... 200?"

"Sir, your left tail light is out," a Griffon deadpanned, "We need to take a closer look at this car to make sure it's road-worthy."

The other officer walks toward the other end of the limo, and the driver turns around to reason with them, "Gentlebirds, please. There's no reason me and you can't make a deal, right?"

"Hey, wait just a fuckin' minute," one of the suited ponies, in a moment of revelation, stops counting the money and shouts out, "Since when the fuck do they let Beaks be cops?"

One of the Griffons pulls out a handgun and shoots the driver in the back of the head. The two soldiers start to draw their guns, but the other Griffon mows them both down with a submachine gun. He then walks right up to the back seat of the limo, and fires the entire magazine through the window.

When the smoke cleared and the noise stopped, the interior of the vehicle looked like a butcher's shop. Two dead ponies sat there, soaking in a bath of their own blood.

One of them was Don Ferrini. He was supposed to be alone on this trip, just like he is every month. But this time he wasn't alone. Across from him sat the bloodied remains of Don Semi. The two had been negotiating an alliance.

"Oh crap," whispered the Griffon with the machine gun, "We just whacked Don Semi."

"We gotta go!" yelled the other, as he ran back into the police car, "C'mon, we have to tell Lucini before he hears it on TV!"

The other Griffon ran back to the squad car as well, and the two sped off into the distance. The only thing that could be heard was the limo's radio. It was never the target, and never took a bullet.

Don Semi always loved his Jazz.

@@HunterTSN,  ((@@Mand'alor Dash, Normally I would be angry if someone killed  off  let alon tace control of one of my OCs without telling me first, but it dose make a pretty good plot device.))

Malachi let out a yell as he kept trying to get away. But thanks to the help of Sammy, Zubs was able to get in in the chair. "No problem. Sammy, use the binding spell on'em." The mare nods and used her magic to hold Malachi in the barbers chair. "Damn traitors! I'm gonna cut your pay for this." He shouted. "And your ma will give us a raise for finally getting your mane washed." Said Zubs while Sammy nod in agreement.

Mean while at the home of the head of the Semi family, a phone rang. One of the guards of the house answered it. "Semi residence... WHAT!!!" At the sound of the shouting, it got the attention of the other guards, along with Marsala Semi. Malachi's mother. "What's the matter, Benny?" She asked. Benny was shaking, mostly with anger more then fear. "The D-Don.., h-he's....dead..." All the guards had looks of pure shock, as well as  Marsala, tears start to flood her eyes as she shook her head in disbelief. "No..." She said in a shuttered voice. "NO!!" She then collapsed, fainting from the shock of loosing her husband. One of the guards made sure to catch her before she could hit the ground.

Benny look towards some of the other guards with a face full of deep, deep, DEEP worry. "Who's going to tell, Malachi?" 

@@Mand'alor Dash

Half an hour passed before Zephyr finally left the police station with strict instructions to go straight home and stay there for the rest of the night. Still the odd griffin cop nagged at the back of her mind. Lost in thought, she didn't even notice her traitorous wings carrying her back to the skyway until it was too late. The highway was just as eerily deserted as it had been earlier, not a car in sight. Suddenly a black shape caught Zephyr's eye, it was a black limo that had pulled off of the road and now sat seemingly abandoned on the side. Her curiosity piqued, Zeph began to make her way towards the car when she noticed something else out of place. Picking up the small piece of machinery she immediately realized what she was holding, one didn't need to be a gun enthusiast to recognize the modified submachine gun in their hooves. Panicked she flew to the side of the car and gagged at the bloody scene in front of her. Whatever happened was recent, the flies had yet to find it.

@@Gloomfury

Vibrant couldn't help but chuckle as he continued to work on the struggling customer.

"If you stop fighting it will be over much quicker. Also I'd hate to get shampoo in your eye or accidentally nick your ear with the scissors, you wouldn't like that would you darling?" Vibrant spoke with a smooth voice, as though talking to a young child.

Edited by HunterTSN

@@HunterTSN,

In the distance, a long-overdue siren started to blare, getting louder by the second. Over the horizon, several red and blue lights flashed as they advanced on the skyway. The bright lights shined even brighter against the otherwise dark cityscape.

But Zephyr's attention was contested when, behind her, she heard the ever-so faint sound of a pony wheezing. One of the soldiers had miraculously lived through the attack. Following several labored breaths, the pony had finally mustered the strength to say a single word: "Pegasus..." the pony wheezed as he lie still on the concrete.

"Help me..."

The limo's radio was still tuned to Semi's favorite Jazz station, although the speakers were starting to die.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Without think, Zephyr rushed to the voice. A gray stallion lay in a pool of crimson, the blood oozing from where a bullet had been lodged in his abdomen. Thinking frantically she tried to swing the limp pony over her back, however the mare's small frame was simply too little to support the large stallion's dead weight. The wounded stallion seemed to be trying to speak to her, however all that came from his mouth was a brand new spout of warm blood that settled on Zephyr's chest as she cradled the dying pony's head. Suddenly she was blinded as a patrol car stopped in front of the limo, it's headlights illuminating Zephyr in a pool of white light.

Edited by HunterTSN

@@HunterTSN,

The car came to a complete stop, and three cops, all of them unicorns, immediately opened the doors and got out. Two of them ran to the limo itself and started identifying the bodies, while the other (clearly the senior of the three), instead walked up to Zephyr. Barely making eye contact with her, he immediately casts a minor spell on the dying soldier to check his vitals.

"Boys, we got a live one here!" he yells to the other two officers, "How far back is the ambulance?"

"About a minute or two, sir," came the reply.

"Alright, lady, I need you to listen to me very carefully," he began, locking eye contact with Zephyr, "He has internal bleeding and it's seeping into his lungs. He's literally drowning in his own blood. We are going to need to stop any more blood from getting in there, or else he's going to be dead before they even get here. I am going to cast a small shield inside of him, which should offer a bit of protection. You are going to need to compress his chest firmly until he coughs up the blockage. But whatever you do, don't push too hard, or you might cause more bleeding. Are we clear?"

The cop looks down once more at the dying pony, and his horn starts to glow a bright blue.

"Okay, go!" he orders.

@@Mand'alor Dash

Zephyr nodded and leaned forward onto the dying stallion's chest with as much pressure as felt safe, he moaned in pain but made no recovery. Feeling as though she wasn't doing enough, Zephyr added a but more pressure, and a bit more. Suddenly the stallion let out a hacking cough that sprayed warm blood all over Zephyr and the officer before his eyes rolled in his head and he fell back, motionless. 

"Oh no, Celestia please no!" Zephyr cried, not even trying to control her emotions as tears began to roll down her cheeks, mixing with the stallion's blood. "I killed him! I was only trying to help, I didn't mean..." the distraught mare couldn't continue and her words turned into unintelligible moans.

@@HunterTSN,

The officer checked his pulse, then let out a deep sigh. Igniting his horn once again, he cast telekinesis on the stallion's eyelids to force them shut.

"Ma'am," he began, as he stood up and lit himself a cigarette with a fire spell, "A few routine questions: What did you see? Did he say anything to you? And for the love of Celestia, tell me you didn't touch anything else in this crime scene."

@@HunterTSN

Malachi sighed. "Fine!" He stopped moving and thrashing around in the chair. Zubs and Sammy sat down and waited till Vibrant was done. Malachi had an annoyed look on his face. He didn't like washing his mane, for many reasons that he points out when ever someone asks why he doesn't do it.  

@@Gloomfury,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JJNwCwNKh4

"This is KHRS with a special news bulletin. The MHPD has just confirmed that there was a recent shootout on the Manehattan Skyway, which left a total of four... wait, no... five ponies dead. Among the deceased is Don Marco Ferrini, long time head of the waning Ferrini crime family, and his long time rival, Don Semiazas. MHPD officials claim that there can be, quote, 'no mistake' that this was a professional hit. If I am to inject some editorial, this reporter's house is only three blocks away from where it happened. I take the Skyway every day when I go to work. If we aren't safe in our own backyards, then are we safe anywhere? For KHRS, I'm Lucky Seven. And this concludes our broadcast day."

@@Mand'alor Dash

Zephyr looked up at the officer through wet eyes, taking a deep breath and wiping her face with a bloody hoof.

"There was a gun, I didn't know what it was at first, I didn't even know what had happened" she said before a fresh wave of tears poured down her face.

@@Gloomfury,

"There, all done" Vibrant said after going through at least one full bottle of shampoo on Malachi's mane, "see, roses, just as I promised." Wiping his hooves on the apron, the stylist made his way to the radio, turning it on just in time to catch the second half of the news report.

((Is it safe to assume that Zephyr is a bit behind everyone else on the timeline, or does news just travel that fast in Manehattan?))

Edited by HunterTSN

@@HunterTSN,

The officer drags on his cigarette, and then asks Zephyr, "You know that gun was evidence, right, ma'am?" Without waiting for a response from the scared Pegasus, he waves at his men and asks them to help her into the squad car, "I need you to come down to the station so we can get your hoofprints and ask a few more questions."

"Sarge," one of the officers said, "know any white Pegasi?"

The officer next to Zephyr (evidently a sergeant) puts out his cigarette, gets up, and walks to see what he's talking about. Apparently, the recoil of the weapon knocked loose a few feathers off the shooter.

"You sure it's from the perp?" the sergeant queries.

"The bodies are all earth ponies," the officer answers, "must have been."

The sergeant, looking back at Zephyr, finally adds, "We're also going to need one of your feathers."

@@HunterTSN,@@Mand'alor Dash,

Both Zubs and Sammy froze with wide eyes staring at the radio after hearing the report. Sammy's eyes started to fog over with tears,  Zubs slowly looked towards Malachi. Malachi was trembling with his hooves griping the chair's arms so hard that it bend a little. His eyes were blazing with pure fury. He then quickly got up and ran out the door, not bothering to grab his hat or bat. 

Sammy was crying with her face in her hooves. Zubs was angry as well, he was gritting his teeth while one of  hooves covering his face. "Elders watch over him..." He said under his breath.

@@Gloomfury,

Vibrant watched in worry as Malachi stormed out of the salon in a unholy rage. 

"Did you know one of the victims?" he asked, looking to Sammy and Zubs as he did so. A look of fear was evident on his face.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

And so for the second time that day, Zephyr found herself sitting in the police waiting room, the only difference being the dried blood caked into her fur and the hoof cuffs that linked her to her chair. The officer that brought her in had stepped out for a second to test her hoofprints and feather samples, leaving the young mare to wait shell shocked until it was time for her interrogation.

@@HunterTSN,

The Sergeant's silhouette showed through the window in the next room. He and another police pony seemed to be arguing about something, albeit without shouting or yelling at each other. At one point, however, the Sergeant could be heard shouting two words: "Similar enough!?"

The other pony in the room motioned to calm the Sergeant down, but it was too late. He angrily stormed out of the room and trotted up to the catatonic Pegasus. "You're free to go," he whispered, as he quickly undid her cuffs. "Ponyville, 243 Horseshoe Plaza. You'll find a small diner. Ask for Bitterhorn."

Another police pony started trotting toward Zephyr at a brisk pace. This one carrying a baton.

This was her cue to get the hell out of Manehattan.

• Brohoof 1

@@HunterTSN,

Zubs didn't look at Vibrant  when he answered him. "Don Semiazas is the Don of our family. And Malachi's, our boss's father." Sammy cried a little louder as she dropped Malachi's bat. Zups took his hoof away and stared at the ground. "He was a good man. He treated everyone in the family like his real family. And whoever called and curried out the hit." A dark look came over Zubs face. "Will suffer a fate worse then those who are damned to hell..."

@@Mand'alor Dash,  Malachi was driving like a madman after he got a car from someone he knew. He didn't stop for anyone or anything. He was on his way to the police station to get some answers,,, and his fathers body. At the speed he was going it didn't take him long to reach the station. 

He got put the car and stormed towards the front doors. He kicked them open, making sure to get the attention of everyone in the building. "I am Malachi Semi of the Semi family! Whoever is in charge of the Don murders case get your ass out here now or I'm gonna burn this place down!!!!" HE shouted at the top of his lungs like an erupting volcano.

@@Gloomfury,

"He's going to get himself or someone else killed!" Vibrant said urgently, looking between the two morose gangsters. "Can you two get to him and calm him down before he does something too rash?"

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Zephyr blinked slowly as her eyes focused on the officer heading towards her, suddenly something in her numbed brain clicked and she tried to scramble away from the advancing pony. However she wasn't quick enough as the police stallion brought his baton down hard on her face, splitting her lip and sending her sprawling across the tile floor. Clenching her eyes shut, Zephyr waited tensely for more beatings to follow the first. Instead all she heard was a deafening bang and urgent shouting. Shakily Zephyr got to her hooves and looked around to see that some sort of madpony had barged into the station screaming at the top of their lungs, demanding the officer's attention and buying her time. As fast as her wobbly legs would carry her Zephyr ran from the waiting room and dashed into the first door she saw. A quick inspection of her surroundings told the grey mare that she was in an office of sorts, not finding anything of use she took the only option of escape at her disposal, a window. One loud crash later, Zephyr found herself outside the back of the police station. Without stopping to catch her breath Zephyr opened her wings and flew as quick as she could for home.

It was almost midnight by the time Zephyr reached her apartment. Quickly, the mailpony packed everything she could fit into her saddle bags before rushing back into the streets. About half way to the train depot she realized that there was no way she could convince anypony to sell her a ticket while covered in so much blood, with no way or time to clean herself, Zephyr settled for the next most obvious plan of action. She needed to jump the next train to Ponyville without being seen.

• Brohoof 1

@@Gloomfury,

With Zephyr running like a bat out of hell, Chief Bronzebadge sprinted out of his office to find the mobster standing before him and his boys. Bronzebadge was nothing if not an opportunist.

The cops in the room all raised their guns at Malachi. Some started barking orders at him to stand down and telling him that he was under arrest. Clearly, a bad fight was on the verge of breaking out.

"Stand down!" ordered Bronzebadge, earning him the attention of everypony in the room.

"Sir?" asked one bewildered recruit.

"You heard me, boys. Stand down." The chief of police paced over to the mobster as the crowd dispersed. "Let's you and me have a chat in my office. I'll explain everything."

@@HunterTSN,

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll aboard! Last train to Ponyville! Boarding now!" yelled the conductor. The train in question blew its whistle, and started ringing its bell. There weren't alot of guards around, given how late it was. From here, it looked like Zephyr might be able to slip into the caboose if she could avoid being seen. Alternatively, a very well-dressed tourist just exited the bathroom and, as luck would have it, dropped her suitcase with the ticket inside. If Zephyr could distract her, she might be able to snag both the ticket and a fresh change of clothes, and just board the train like anypony else.

Neither option was perfect, but a choice had to be made. The train was leaving in five minutes.

@@HunterTSN,

Zubs gave Vibrant a softer look. "If I were him I would be doing the same thing. But he knows not to take things too far." He then got up and walked over to the other stallion. Then he placed a warm hoof on his shoulder. "So don't worry." He said with a small but sad smile. "I guess I wont be able to treat ya to that drink. Business comes first. I'm sorry." He pulled his cap over his eyes and pulled away from Vibrant. He moved over to Sammy and helped her up and led her to the front door. 

Before they left, he placed a bag of bits on one of the chairs, not bothering to count them first. " See ya around." Zubs said before leaving with Sammy. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Malachi stared down ever officer in the building with no fear at all. Even though they were pointing guns at him. Before he could take a step forward and give them a reason to fear him, the Chief of police stepped in. "No, I think well talk right here. You know damn well how we take a death of a member of our family. Remember the time when on of the other Copos of my family brother was killed after one of your boys gunned him down and he wasn't even armed? That caused  a good bit of backlash after we found out he was working for the Lucini family. But now that my old man his dead your looking at a full blown war. So you better have something. If you do give me everything and stay out of my way, or you'll end up like whoever curried out the hit along with who ordered it." Malachi's teeth were bared like a mad wolf, while his eyes were still blazing. Some of the cops started to back away a little.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

@@HunterTSN,

Gloomfury was asleep in one of the baggage cars. When he heard the yelling from the conductor He finally woke up. He groans and puts on his bags and sneaked off before someone could catch him.  As he was leaving the station he noticed the the smell of blood.  He looked around for the source of the smell til he saw a mare with blood on her back and a bloody lip. He calmly walked up be hinder her, easily towering over her. "Excuse me lass, you seem to be a bloody mess. Are you alright?" He said in his thick Irish accent. 

@@Gloomfury,

"That's right, I've killed Semiazas before," Chief Bronzebadge got a little more stern with Malachi, "And I can kill a whole lot more, including you, right the fuck now."

The cops put their guns back up.

"How many can you take, Semi? Two? Admirable. Three? I know for a damn fact you couldn't handle a piece to save your life. I could give the word right now, and you'll be a bloody mess on the floor before you could say 'sorry,'" After a pregnant pause, Bronzebadge continues, "Or we could work together."

"I know who killed your Don."

@@Mand'alor Dash@@Gloomfury

Zephyr eyed the suitcase, weighing if it would be worth it in her mind. Deciding it would be too much a risk for clothes that likely wouldn't even hide most the blood on her face and hooves, the probably soon to be ex-mailmare figured it was best to sneak onto the caboose. As she began to move into position a voice behind her told she'd been caught.

"I swear I wasn't doing anything wrong, please don't call the guards. I don't know what's going on exactly but I have to get out of this city. Please, please, don't call the guards" Zephyr begged. "I'll make it up somehow I promise!"

Edited by HunterTSN