Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When is it acceptable to start playing Christmas music?

CastletonSnob

When is it acceptable to start playing Christmas music?  

17 users have voted

1. 1. When is it acceptable to start playing Christmas music?

• Before Halloween
    • After Halloween, but before Thanksgiving
    • Black Friday
    • December 1st

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

In your opinion, what is the acceptable time to start playing Christmas music? Before Halloween? After Halloween, but before Thanksgiving? Black Friday? December 1st?

I play Christmas music whenever I'm in the mood to listen to it. :oneheckofahat:

• Brohoof 3
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 1

Christmas music is explicitly December 1st through 31st for me. It allows time for you to get in the mood, and the grace period after Christmas itself lets you hear  and appreciate the songs a few more times before the season ends. That said, it is a narrow enough window of time for you to not too too sick of it either. Sadly, most retail outlets and radio stations don't seem to agree. It seems more like November 24th through January 7th to them. It's an improvement of how it was in the early 2000's, where the music started right after Halloween, but that time frame still feels wrong.

• Brohoof 2

I like hearing Christmas music when the month of Christmas begins. What more appropriate time for Christmas music than, well...the month of Christmas? :cheeky-smile: It also gets really tiring hearing the same songs over and over (especially Santa Baby... :maud:), so I think it would be better to play Christmas music later. 

• Brohoof 2

Anytime you want to listen to it it’s acceptable! Music is balm for the soul, and when you need it, take it! Christmas music is some of the best music around. I’ve been listening to Christmas since August. Sometimes I start earlier, or later; it’s just a matter of the mood I’m in. There ain’t any rules here, listen and be free!

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 3

As someone who’s not apart of a religion that celebrates that, for me my answer is never. My family however is. Which puts me in the awkward position of having to show up and giving presents.That being said people can listen to whatever they want because I don’t care that much lol

• Brohoof 3

HEARTSWARMING EVE IS HERE ONCE AGAIN ! :pinkie:

I've had that song stuck in my head for years, it's the best christmas song. So always. :derp:

If it's trad christmas songs, if it's after Halloween, it's fine. :P

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1

I don't really like Christmas music (with a few exceptions like this), so I'd prefer if it's never played, or is played only in small quantities. When I hear it everywhere, it just gets boring.

Edited by Silly Druid
  • Brohoof 1

December 1st at the earliest. It always annoyed me whenever I went to a store and heard Christmas music blaring in the middle of September. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

I usually start playing it December 1st.

I go crazy on Spotify (Thankfully they don't start tracking  for Wrapped until the first of the year or else Christmas music would dominate mine LOL)

• Brohoof 1

Typically after Thanksgiving.

Sometimes I listen to my favorites no matter what time of the year it is, but a lot rarer than after Thanksgiving.

• Brohoof 1