Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Accepting) Equestria: 1955

Mand'alor Dash

@@HunterTSN,

Gloom chuckled. "Whoa, whoa. Easy there, lass. I ain't gonna call the guards. I just got off the train after stowing away myself, so don't have a heart attack." He said with a smile. "Now, how about you tell me how you got all bloodied up. From the smell of the blood on your back I'm guessing it ain't ours. So what happen?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

@@Mand'alor Dash,

"That what I wanted to hear." Malachi said before letting out a loud whistle. Then a large group of ponies outnumbering the ponines inside, walked though the front doors into the police station. They were heavily armed with all kinds of guns. "You didn't think I would come here without my own boys backing me up, did you? And your right, I may not be that good with a  gun, but some of my boys here can handle them pretty well." Some of the ponies in Malachi's group cocked there guns. 

"Now, how about you tell me who killed my old men. I'm really not in the mood to play cops and robbers."

@@Gloomfury,

Bronzebadge downed his glass of cider, then licked his lips and said simply, "I find it cute that you and your boys think you can literally take over a police station and not face any consequences. What happens when the next precinct is called in? You gonna fight them off too? Then the next one? What about the army? Are you going to declare war on all of Equestria just to prove a point?"

Bronzebadge trotted up to Malachi, looked him straight in the eye, and whispered to him, "If you try anything stupid, then yeah, maybe I'll die. But you will most certainly die. And not just you, but every one of the goons you just brought into this room, as well as your mom, your friends, and that little Lyric you brought to the salon. You assholes can't even win your ground war with the Lucinis. You expect me to believe you'll take on the army?"

"In case I'm not mistaken, Don Semi left you in charge of the family. Here's your chance to not send it over the fucking creek. Make your old man proud."

Bronzebadge trotted back to his desk and picked up a folder in his magic, then trotted it back and tossed it down in front of Semiazas. "We found this Pegasus at the scene of the crime. Her hoofprints were on the murder weapon, her feathers were found near the car, and she was completely caked in blood."

@@Gloomfury

"I don't even know what happened, it all went by so fast. I think I'm being used as a scapegoat for a murder and now the police are targeting me" Zephyr said. "All I know is that there's some bar in Ponyville where I'm supposed to meet somepony. I really need to go" she finished, a bit of her characteristic impatience finding its way back into her voice.

@@HunterTSN,

"All aboard! Last call for Ponyville!" yelled the conductor as he checked his pocket watch, "Ponyville, departing now! Have your ticket ready!"

The train's whistle blew, and the tourist from before picked up her suitcase and boarded the train with the other passengers. The conductor took one final look around, and then trotted on board himself.

@@Mand'alor Dash, @@HunterTSN,  

"I need to go!" Zephyr said with one final look at the pony that stopped her before she began running towards the train. Luckily none of the ponies on the platform seemed to notice the discoloration of her coat and she made it to the side of the tracks just as the locomotive began to move forward. After one final check for possible onlookers came up empty, Zephyr opened her wings and flew onto the back of the caboose.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Malachi picked up the folder and looked though it. "It so it says. But I highly doubt that this mare carried out the hit. If she used a gun then why would she be covered in blood? Even if she did it at point blank she wouldn't get that messy. This smells real shitty to me. I guess I'll have to hear what this girl has to say." 

Then one of the ponies in Malachi's group spoke up. "Hey, boss. Me and Jimmy saw a mare running off from the station when we were hiding. Her back seemed to be covered in something that looked like blood." Malachi made a face and look towards Bronzebadge . "I see." By then Zubs finally made it to the police station after dropping off Sammy at Malachi's mothers house. He heard from one of the crew that he would be there. Zubs moved past some of the other ponies to get over to Malachi. 

"Boss, I think you've made your point. Lets get outta hear." He said as he gave Malachi his hat and bat back.  Malachi but his hat on and rest his bat on his shoulder.  "I guess your right, Zubs. I let my anger get the best of me again." He then turned to his crew. "Alright boys, put them down." His crew then lowered their guns with a collection of relieved sighs. 

"And your right, Bronz. I can't take the army. And I think my old man would be rather disappointed if I died on my first day as Don. But, don't go thinking that your top shit in this city. Cause like everyone knows, what we lack in numbers we make up for it in strength. Strength in muscle, strength in skill and strength in 'power'. Now, would you kindly give me my fathers body over to my family? Or do I have to give your commissioner a call or maybe the mayor. They was a real good friends of my old man."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

@@HunterTSN,

Gloom quickly ran after her. When she hopped in the caboose, he went in after her. "Whoa there lass, from what you tell me I don't think you should be travailing alone. Lucky for you one of my jobs happens to be a bodyguard. Usually I charge about a 1,000 bits an hour. But seeing as your in danger I'll cut it to a drink at the next stop." He said with a smirk.

@@Gloomfury,

"Of course, Semiazas. I'll have him transferred to the funeral home near your compound. Word of warning though: Go closed casket. Popped like a balloon. Blood all over the car, and the Pegasus as well."

A pony brought Bronzebadge a clipboard with a form on it. The chief filled it out quickly.

"Done," he said, "Now get your flanks out of my precinct."

@@HunterTSN,

The two stowaways aboard, the train began to pick up speed. Within minutes, it was out of the station, and from there, they could only watch as the city of Manehattan disappeared before their eyes and vanished into the night.

10 hours to Ponyville.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

"As usual, it's been a blast, chief. Lets go boys." His crew then made their way outside  with Malachi and Zubs following behind. Before Malachi left her turned around." And I expect to see you at the funeral, Bronz. You may be a bastard but my father respected you." Then they left, leaving the front doors open. 

@@Gloomfury

"Look, I appreciate the whole 'bodyguard' thing, but I really can look after myself, I grew up unsupervised in Manehattan for Celestia's sake" Zephyr said as she sat down against the caboose door. "Anyway it looks like we're stuck here until the train stops at least, once we get to Ponyville I'm going my own way though. In the meantime I need to get some sleep, I'm still recovering from the worst day of my whole life." With that Zephyr laid her head back and passed out almost immediately.

Edited by HunterTSN

@@Gloomfury,

Bronzebadge tipped his hat as the Semiazas left. "Wouldn't miss it for the world," he said cordially, "And give my regards to the widowed Mrs. Semiazas."

After they had left, Bronzebadge returned to his office. A lieutenant promptly galloped his way in and slammed the door, "Exactly what the hell was that, Chief?" he yelled in the Chief's face, "You let the Semis trot all over you, nearly got everybody killed, allowed dangerous criminals to walk away scot free after threatening to murder the entire precinct, and the suspect is probably halfway to the Griffon lands by now. What the hell were you thinking?"

Bronzebadge reclined back in his chair and looked the officer in the eyes, with a mischievous grin on his face. "Semiazas will have his day," he deadpanned, lighting himself a cigarette, "but at this juncture, he and his family are useful."

"But sir, can't you at least.."

"Don't," the chief interrupted, "question me. I've been on the beat since before the war. I know how these gangsters operate." He stood up, taking a sturdy drag from his smoke, and told him plainly, "You can either follow orders, or hand over your badge and gun. Which is it?"

The lieutenant sighed. Not saying a word, he turned and left the office. Bronzebadge returned to his chair, a smug look of self-satisfaction glued to his face. Magically, he switched on his record player and started playing an old classic from his collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQQ0vUBceM

• Brohoof 1

One hour to Ponyville.

Celestia's bright, yellow sun rose on another beautiful day in Ponyville, Equestria's suburban paradise. All across the town, Ponies of all races and creeds got out of bed to start their day. Children brushed their teeth as they awaited the school bus, mothers plopped an egg or two on the frying pan and made sandwiches for their kids' lunchboxes, and fathers tried to sort through which tie they should wear to work that day. This was all fueled, of course, by the commentary and music made possible by their local radio station.

"Wake up, Ponyville! Time for your morning reveille here on KPVL, and I tell you, it is absolutely GORGEOUS out today. We don't typically see days like this in the middle of February, so let's make the most of it. We're looking at a balmy 79 degrees right now, with midday highs expected to climb as high as 90. Traffic is wonderful as long as you stay away from that darn Oak Tree intersection. I swear, something crazy is always going on around there. Might be time for Mayor Mare to order a stoplight, if you ask me. As you all start your day, Ponyvillians, remember to give thanks to those who made this all possible, that being our brave soldiers out fighting abroad for freedom and the Equestrian way. Go gettem, boys!

This hour of music and news was brought to you by Starlight Cigarettes, the only cigarette made with pure, Equestrian hay. Kids, ask your parents to switch to Starlight Cigarettes, and strike a match for democracy!"

Yes, today was truly just like any other for the majority of Equestria, but not for the little, grey Pegasus in the caboose of a passenger train just outside of town. She, in stark contrast, woke to the most unnerving of sounds:

"Tickets, please!"

@@Mand'alor Dash,@@HunterTSN,

Gloom was on floor, sleeping with his back to the wall while using his bags as a pillow.  Normally Bloom could sleep like a rock, not wakeing up for anything. Not even if he fell asleep in a war zone. But he can wake up when he needed too. When he heard another pony shouting for there tickets, he lets out a groan and sits up.

@@Gloomfury@@Mand'alor Dash,

"They're checking tickets" Zephyr whispered urgently as she pressed her ear against the door, she looked over the the stallion who was just waking up. "We're getting pretty close to Ponyville now, I can make it the rest of the way flying. Thanks for... what ever it was you did." With one last look at her self-proclaimed bodyguard Zephyr opened her winds and shot off the back of the caboose, disappearing almost instantly behind the speeding train.

@@HunterTSN,

As the train went by without her, the horizon seemed to stretch ad infinitum. There was nothing but plains and hills for as far as the eye could see, with the only sign of civilization being the train tracks themselves.

The train was faster than Zephyr had predicted. Even at top speed, she could barely go half as fast as it. Though she could save time by cutting corners that the train has to navigate the hard way. Ponyville, at her pace, was now between two and three hours away.

Her stomach gave off a low rumble.

About a mile to the east, there was a freshwater lake. Even if there were no other ponies there, it might be useful for her to wash up and perhaps catch a fish before continuing her journey. Alternatively, she could get her start immediately, and just get a wash and some food while in town.

@@Mand'alor Dash

Deciding it would be best to be clean up before heading in to town, Zephyr left the train tracks an headed towards the lake. After a long and refreshing bath she decided to make her way back to the tracks and follow it to Ponyville. Grabbing her bags off the shoreline she began to look around to find where she had left the railroad.

@@HunterTSN,

The blood was not completely washed off. There was still an easily visible red stain on her coat, but the majority of it was gone, and she no longer smelled of death. The tracks reappeared right where Zephyr had left them. However, it was still a long way to Ponyville, and she hadn't eaten since yesterday.

There is a faint smell of apples in the air, emanating from the west.

Edited by Mand'alor Dash

@@HunterTSN,@@Mand'alor Dash,

Gloom was too groggy from waking up to do anything to stop the mare. He just shrugged, he could track her anytime, there wasn;t a need to hop of the train and go after her. The train was going the same place anyway. He also didn't know why he wanted to help the mare even though it was obvious that she didn't want his help. But he knew that she could use it. He reached into his bag and pulled out a bag of hoof made cigarettes, and a copper lighter. He didn't like the cigarettes they sell in stores, he doesn't like the after taste they leave, 

He placed one in his mouth and lit it. After butting the bag and his lighter away he stood up and put on  his bags. Then he started doing stretches to help him feel less stiff from sleeping on the floor. He wasn't worried if the ticked checker found him. What was he gonna do, throw him off the train?  Wouldn't be the first time he's dealt with being caught after stowing away. 

@@Mand'alor Dash

Zephyr frowned at the red spot on her chest, grimacing as her mind flashed back to the dying stallion that laid atop her as he choked on his own blood. Shaking the disturbing image from her brain, the grey mare tried to instead focus on the next most demanding thought in her head; food. The faint smell of apples reached her nose, drawing her attention. 'Well I am getting into farmland, there must be an orchard nearby. I'm sure they wouldn't even notice if I took a few apples' Zephyr reasoned as she began to head west in search of the entrancing scent.

@@Gloomfury,

Smelling the smoke, the conductor walked straight to the caboose, and opened the door to find Gloom sitting there with the smoke in his muzzle. There was a silent standoff, broken only by the sound of the train speeding along the tracks. A few hoof-rolled smokes had fallen out of Gloom's bag. After the conductor spotted them, he walked over to Gloomfury and scooped them up with his hoof.

"I'm afraid this is a non-smoking car, sir," he offered cordially, stuffing the smokes in his jacket pocket with a curt nod. He then walked back onto the passenger area of the train, shutting the door behind him. He checked the ticket of the next pony he saw.

@@HunterTSN,

The horizon opened up to reveal an orchard the likes of which Zephyr had never seen before. It stretched for dozens of acres in every direction. Tens of thousands of trees all blossoming from the ground at once. However, this being February, very few bore any sort of fruit. Only one that Zephyr could spot had fully bloomed, sprouting a full bounty of... green apples. They weren't even close to ripe, but they were certainly better than nothing.

A single farm pony tended the area, and was in the process of chasing an obnoxiously loud fruit bat out of a neighboring tree.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Wary of being kicked from the property, Zephyr tried her best to move silently and avoid the gaze of the distracted farmhand as she approached her target. Upon reaching the tree she quickly she flew up into the branches to look for any apples that were nearer to ripening. What she found however were hundreds of odd purple fruits that hung from the branches like large flower pods. Curiosity got the better of Zephyr as she approached one of the pods and gave it a light tap, only for it to explode with an earsplitting screech. Zephyr screamed and fell to the ground with a thud, looking up to see a massive swarm of fruit bats taking to the sky in a cloud large enough to near block out the sun.

@@Mand'alor Dash, ((Could you make a little conflict happen? I kinda wan spice things up.))

Gloom smirked as he blew some smoke out his nose. When the train slowed down he decided just to hop off. He then made his way into the small town. As he walked though the treats he got a few stares from random ponies. Some aimed at his long mane, some at his large facial or at his lack of a cutie mark. But he's dealt with things like this before, so he didn't really care. 

@@HunterTSN,

Horrified, the farm pony looked up to the sky and watched as the swarm devoured everything in sight. Even as it dispersed to cover as much ground as it could, the swarm seemingly didn't even thin. If anything, it looked like it only got thicker as it expanded. The farm pony (who up close, was barely older than a filly and sported a yellow coat) looked back down at the fallen Pegasus, and her horror turned to rage within an instant.

"BIG MACINTOSH!" she bellowed.

@@Gloomfury, ((We just got out of a city on the verge of a mob war, Zephyr is a fugitive from the law, and anypony can die at any time for any reason. Let's pace it out a bit, smell the roses before the shit hits the fan... and I promise you... hit the fan it will. :sneer:))

As the strange mercenary stumbled through town, it took not a scholar to detect the disgust of the townspeople. In particular, a small gang of greaser ponies holed up near the bar. They were used to this stallion running through town every so often, but they were sick of it. This time, they had come prepared... with bats and switchblades.

Slowly and menacingly, a half a dozen greaser ponies approached Gloom, the leader taking point.  They weren't trying to sneak up on him. If anything, they approached him from the front because they wanted to establish presence.

"Long way from Fillydelphia," said the leader, "What brings you to our neck of the woods this time, you dumb bastard?"

@@Mand'alor Dash,((Are you saying that he's been to Ponyville before or that they think he's someone else?)) 

Gloom let out a snark. "I'm afraid you got me confused, mate. I from nowhere near  Fillydelphia.  And I may be a bastard, but from the looks of you I'm thinking that ain't a bad thing." He chuckled. "What's wrong boys, daddy didn't hug ya so you had to take your insecurities out on others?" He laughed while looking around at the gang.

@@Gloomfury, ((You mean to say he hasn't? I'll set it up so it can go either way.))

The leader paused and whispered to his friend, "You sure this is the same Mud that iced Tommy D?"

"Fuckin' positive," the other greaser replied, "same accent and everything."

Confused, the leader asked, "You sure a professional hitman would smell like he just bathed in a shithouse for three years straight?"

But regardless of whether this was their guy or not, Gloom had just insulted The Dice, and insults like that aren't something they take lying down.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Gloom chuckled. " You kidding? I knew a hitman from Germany who smelled like a backed up septic tank after five years of eating nothing but corned beef and cabbage. And when your on the road a lot you get use to not taking a bath for more then.., I five months? I think." He then left up his arm and sniffed his pit. "Oi laddie! Yeah, about five. Maybe six."