Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums MLB Baseball Thread

Doctor XFizzle

Actually it's Blue Jays @ Yankees. Last time I checked the Blue Jays didn't play at YANKEES STADIUM. ;) LOL just bustin your chops a little bit. I don't know what to think about the ASG. Basically I didn't like it very much. Those Royals fans treatment of Cano, kinda ruined the ASG for me. I don't even know how Cano got the worst treatment at the All Star Game. Were the Royals fans really upset over not getting Butler in the Home Run Derby? Cause I heard it had something to do with that.

Royals fans don't have much to cheer for so something as insignificant as Billy Butler in the HR Derby becomes a HUGE deal to them because that's really all they have. Plus it's the fact Cano's a Yankee too. Yankees are hated everywhere but New York.

(edited)

Royals fans don't have much to cheer for so something as insignificant as Billy Butler in the HR Derby becomes a HUGE deal to them because that's really all they have. Plus it's the fact Cano's a Yankee too. Yankees are hated everywhere but New York.

I know that, and well if it was just the fact that he was a Yankee, I'd understand. The day after the Home Run Derby you could tell that it was more of the fact that Butler was out of the HRD. With Graderson, Jeter , CC, all seeming to get mixed reactions. And with Cano there was not one cheer from the whole stadium. So, even if the Yankees are hated in every town except in like New Jersey/New York. When you have 4 players in the All Star game from the same team and 3 of them get a very mixed reaction and one of them is absolutely hated, you could tell something was going on. That leads me to believe it wasn't entirely just because Cano's a Yankee, but Cano is a Yankee who took their "Home Town Heroes" Spot .

Does anyone know where the HRD is played Next year? I will bet any of you 300 dollars that that same thing will happen with someone else. This year it was Cano because of Butler not getting in. In 2011 it was Fielder and Hart who were hated because they were playing in Arizona and got the nod over their Hero Justin Upton.

Next year wherever they play there's a 99 percent guarantee that some other team is gonna be butt hurt because their hero didn't get in and another player got the nod over them.

Edit: Okay so next year they're at Citi Field? I am going out on a limb and say that another player gets the nod for the Home Run Derby over..........I don't know maybe David Wright?

Edited by RainbowDashFan

• 4 weeks later...

Huzzah! The Detroit Tigers are back in their rightful place as the AL Central leaders. Can't let up now and allow the ChiSox to take it right back tomorrow.

Man Ichiro to the Yankees is just, just awful man. It's like seeing Tim Duncan going to the Heat. You love the player but hate the team he's going to.

Now's a good time as any to bump this topic as we have another

PERFECTO!!

King Felix! 1st Perfect Game in Mariners history, 1st time ever that 2 perfect games have been in the same stadium in a season (Safeco Field), and 1st time ever that a team has both pitched and been victim to a perfect game (King Felix today for, Phil Humber against).

So far we have

Phil Humber (CWS) - Perfecto

Jered Weaver (LAA) - No-no

Johan Santana (NYM) - No-no

Seattle Mariners Starter and Bullpen - No-no

Matt Cain (SF) - Perfecto

Felix Hernandez (SEA) - Perfecto

This is definitely a season to remember in baseball for pitchers. Never before there's a season with three pitchers who pitched a perfect game and three pitchers with a no-hitter. Congrats to King Felix for being the 23rd pitcher to achieve this milestone.

The Nationals are still a hot team at this moment as they got the best record in baseball. The Braves are 4.5 games back behind them and looking decent in the NL Wild Card race in front of the Pirates. After the Braves face the Dodgers, they'll be facing the Nationals on August 20th. Outta be a helluva match between two very good teams from the same division.

Cincinnati Reds are on winning streak with five. At this rate, I don't think the Cardinals or the Pirates can keep up with them for the division lead unless they start losing unexpectedly, case-in-point, the Braves last season where they blew their opportunity to play in the playoffs.