Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How canon are the comics?

Tetrakemy

I am on number 15 right now and they are hilarious! The humor and 4th wall breaking pop culture is off the wall. However, I ran into a small problem. It is the story of Shinning Armor and Cadence. 

How cannon is that story? If it is cannon, it is very inconsistent with the cartoon and how it was presented. 

It just seems to me that the past they all shared would not leave Twilight to be quite as surprised that Shinning Armor and he would get married eventually. She should had known that they were still dating etc.

I dunno, it just seems to leave the connection between how they interact with each other a bit weak if all what happened in the comic actually did.

Also, It is VERY Hilariours *Spoilers* that Shinning Armors Cutie mark is a Dungeons and Dragons Cutie mark LULZ!

I mean REALLY! He is a freaking dork?!  :lol:

...like...ME?!  :wub:

He just earned himself a million experience points! If you don't believe me he is a dungeons and dragons cutie mark!

1. He was never in the Royal guard or the guard...still in school!

2. He was not a fighter...obvious from being harassed from bullies. If his cutie mark was that sheild thing like what I thought it was, He would had used it to block the bully guy!

3. His friends all played d&d with him and one even had a d&d mark as well!

5. He was a level 9 paladin, whats a paladin without his shield? What is his cutie mark? A shield? eh?. ....EH?!  :o

6. Do not pay attention to the missing number behind the screen. The number 4 does not concern you!

Basically, shinning armor showed zero interest in protecting or fighting. He had no magical shield in the comic and only played d&d and was a giant nerd. The only reason he is in the RG now is because he was that giant nerdy kid who got...really...REALLY lucky! The kid me and millions of others wish for lol!

So, I think he got his cutie mark in being the best paladin a gamer group could ever ask for like what his friends said lol. 

Hello @Tetrakemy!

As this topic is covered in the "Comics and Books" sub-forum, I will go ahead and lock this thread. In the future please be sure to search for any possible duplicate threads by using either the forum search function or by using site:mlpforums.com + keyword on Google.

Also, any topics dealing with the comics go in the "Comics and Books" sub-forum. As such after locking this thread I'll move it for house-keeping purposes.

Link to current thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/119408-comics-and-canon/

Thank you and have a good day. :)

• Brohoof 1