Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

iiNANOii

mlfw10581-calm_your_tits.png

It was a ship tease at best.  All Discord did was offer her flowers.  It's no more a hint of romance than Soarin' saying "You're the best, Dash".

>_>

:unsure:

Oh, who am I kidding?  I want it to be romantic! :P

• Brohoof 5

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that you are my wife, I love you and DAMN YOU ARE FINE.

-Discord writing Celesta a "friendship" lesson letter on their wedding night.

'IT'S CANON!' isn't terribly helpful for people looking for threads to potentially participate in :3 Altered the title to be more descriptive ^^

• Brohoof 1

While I'm okay with Celestiacord, it's not my all-time favorite ship for Discord. (That would have to be Discolight, but anywaaay)

I can see the flowers being kind of a "I'm sorry" thing, or even a reference to a past relationship, but I honestly can't see them getting back together now(if there was ever a thing in the past).

I feel like it was a "Hey, I'm giving you flowers cause I feel bad for ruining our relationship in the past, but this is just to renew our friendship, so don't freak out." :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Now we have to decide which is more canon: Celestia x Discord or Celestia x Sombra...I know the comics are not as canon as the show, but it wasn't stated outright that Celestiacord is a thing. They could have been trolling, as usual.

This is just one thing I'll never truly comprehend--Internet fandoms being obsessed with shipping everything, everyone, and everypony that has ever existed. I've given flowers to plenty of girls with no possibility of romance, but because I was thankful to them, or was sorry about something, or simply to make their day! I've also hugged plenty of people or had dinner appointments with them. The internet is rampant! Haha I'll never understand it! I just love and watch the show and the characters for who they are. The only things I take as canon are things expressly said or done in the show--inferring just causes drama when you learn that your headcanon or fancanon is totally wrong! :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Now we have to decide which is more canon: Celestia x Discord or Celestia x Sombra...I know the comics are not as canon as the show, but it wasn't stated outright that Celestiacord is a thing. They could have been trolling, as usual.

BH8VOD0CEAAzeUP.jpg

Celestia and Good Sombra are probably going to end their relationship for the good of both their kingdoms.  That means she can have a relationship with Discord in season 5+.

Proof please? I didn't notice it at all.

@@Forlong,Is this what it's all about? This reminds me of what happened when Rainbow Dash bumped into Fluttershy in the Exchange fair... oh dear lord... I want to punch the people that think of it so much... like... this is lame... The fanboyism of this thread makes me want to turn away. Why can't you guys put some reason into your thinking? Discord practically betrayed them here... why would he even love her now? He's clearly got a lot to learn about friendship... let alone love.

(edited)

Celestia isn't going to have anything like that with Discord after he just betrayed her. He knows it too. He was apologizing. By winking, though, he made it look like a romantic gesture, making the apology less serious. Just his way of overcomplicating his gesture and joking around. 

Personally I do like the pairing, but you have to understand the characters.

Edited by Solar-Wind
  • Brohoof 1

Proof please? I didn't notice it at all.

@@Forlong,Is this what it's all about? This reminds me of what happened when Rainbow Dash bumped into Fluttershy in the Exchange fair... oh dear lord... I want to punch the people that think of it so much... like... this is lame... The fanboyism of this thread makes me want to turn away. Why can't you guys put some reason into your thinking? Discord practically betrayed them here... why would he even love her now? He's clearly got a lot to learn about friendship... let alone love.

15989_full.jpg

I do believe I said that I don't this the gesture was romantic in nature, even though I like the idea.

He gave her some flowers and winked at her.  Shippers are going to latch onto that.  Where have you been?

(edited)

@@Forlong,It's because i HAVE been there. It's not simply that. I recently had someone telling me i didn't notice the "passion" in the voices of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in that moment. I was like... *rolls eyes* Shoot me... I happen to hate fanboyism... i appreciate your ship but don't try to shove it down my throat okay? Especially when i have people saying that "Flutterdash will help people accept homosexuality!" Oh bloody... I have heard the COUNTLESS excuses to make ships canon... I want NO ship to become canon... none of them. Personally i think that if a ship isn't directly introduced into the show aka like Shining Armor and Cadence or the cakes... the show is then in danger of tackling sexuality and romance two things it's not meant to do and will thus make the show derail from the meaning of friendship it is meant to promote. I have my own ships... but i refrain my enthusiasm from making childish claims that such pairings are canon or that they should be. Like grow up people...

Edited by nioniosbbbb

I've never heard anyone call if Celestiacord. I always thought it's Dislestia :P Strange title.

You still know my stance of this.

killing_you_softly_by_mn27-d4e0r1k.png

YES I like this.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I am late to the party but I just finished season 4 and I freaked out when I saw it! 

I am so happy!  :yay:

Then you also late to the news about Meghan saying that it was just an apology and there is no shipping

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...