what was your brony admission episode

Soaring Symphony

Boast Busters (really)

First episode that attempted at nuance and variety of characters: instead of samey one note crowds reacting to whatever shenanigans of the Mane 6, you can have ponies that are stupid and gullible and ca cause trouble based on that. Ponies that are arrogant yet arguably talented, and last but not least a potentially expansive universe represented by the monstrous Eldritch Abominations, the Ursas. Seriously! Bears made of stars and space whose babies are the size of dragons!! (I'm surprised Colbert didn't jump on that)

Now execution was shaky but these concepts alone shattered my expectations that this was a show of innocent blushy cherubs in pony form. No, this is a living world. With dangers and drama within or outside the pony societies, this episode told me I was in for a wild ride! :)

Friendship is Magic pt. 2, when Twilight's reaction to Pinkie randomly bursting into song was the same as mine: "Tell me she's not." It was a nice bit of self-awareness that to me meant that this show was not like its predecessors.

After that, Winter Wrap Up. Why? Because everypony was randomly singing about cleaning up winter. So I went from disliking the singing (or at least not caring for it) to loving it.

• Brohoof 1

I was sort of a Brony before I even watched the show.

I started getting intrigued by watching actually fan made stuff and when looking for trains on Deviantart.

It wasn't until a while later that I started actually watching the show. XD

But once I started watching the show then I was officially a Brony

The closest episode for me is Party of One, but it was more gradual.  That episode just punctuated what was already happening.

The series damn near serenaded me as I went through season 1.  It started as an attempt to understand the fandom.  I would think of it almost as research in a way.  But then, I started liking it.  Not squee enjoying, but it was...nice.  Soon, it began to grow.  It seemed crazy that I was actually beginning to feel affection for the show.  Liking a show is one thing, affection is another.  I had to just say to myself, "It's okay, it's okay.  I can admit that the show isn't bad, but that don't mean anything."

I would try to deny that it was happening, even though I began to identify with Pinkie a bit.  I'd say, "Okay, I like the show, but I'm not a brony.  I'm not that into it."  I continued with that until Party of One, which completely took me by surprise.  I just loved it.  I had to watch it again, and I couldn't deny it any longer.  That was the moment that I became a brony.

The end of the pilot. Oh yes! No hesitation or second guessing on my part. I had found a true calling in this show from the first episode, the ending of the second just sealed the deal.

(And I watched it on youtube, before Netflix caught wind of it. I believe this image is in order.

tumblr_inline_msdcttlKmG1qz4rgp.jpg)

For me, it all started at the beginning, of course! I let my curiosity get the better of me one day, watched the first episode, and was immediately impressed by the animation, the characters, the story-- everything! Before I knew it, I was binge watching the entire first season, and caught up to the newest episode (when the show was still in its second season).

I've watched every single episode since, and without a shred of regret! :D

Pinkie Apple Pie. That episode was so fun and sweet and I was thinking in my head "Oh my gosh... I love ponies!" as I watched it.

I had seen a number of episodes before that but they didn't really catch my attention much. Pinkie Apple pie was the one that changed it all. :)

For me it was Look before you sleep. IDK why I just felt like seeing AJ and Rarity go at it and then become friends. I was like "Wow they actually made a slumber party enjoyable to watch, and AJ=me most of this episode (because of her dislike for girlishness)." I truly opened up my mind about this show after watching that episode, and I still rewatch it.  :D  :smug:

Like most Anit-Brony conversions, I watched S1.EP1 and 2 'Friendship is Magic' (Part 1 and 2)
Quite boring I know, but as I was sceptical to watch the show (And my OCD compelled me) I watched the first episode to 'test' what it was like, never regretted it.

Tend to watch random horror or documentaries when I can't sleep. Ended up taking in A Brony Tale one morning, then looked into the show further.

Found out who all was involved in the development and production, gave a watch from there.

I've been a huge fan of most everything LG has been involved with. Also a fan of most of the VA's, JDL sold me.

i think the first episode that i really enjoyed was the one where twilight has to decide who she would give her tickets to the gala to(s1e4 or something like that)

i just found it to be pretty amusing how they all thought for twilight´s attention, even though it is probably a very classical trope for a kid´s cartoon.

i think the first episode that i really enjoyed was the one where twilight has to decide who she would give her tickets to the gala to(s1e4 or something like that)

i just found it to be pretty amusing how they all thought for twilight´s attention, even though it is probably a very classical trope for a kid´s cartoon.

That was actually episode 3 and it's called 'The Ticket Master'.