Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Persona 5

PoisonClaw

One ticket for the hype train please.

I may be a rather newcomer to Persona and Shin Megami in general, but I can't tell you how excited this trailer makes me. Though a few things of note:

- You animal teammate this time around is a shapeshifting cat named Morgana and she is utterly adorable.

- 1:11 Look at that school!

- 1:43 - 1:50 This is the only part that worries me, cause this looks like a stealth section. I guess it fits in with the masked thief theme going on, but I'm about as stealthy as a bulldozer.

- 1:58 I swear he looks like Vincent Brooks from Catherine in this scene

- 2:27 ...That is equal parts awesome and terrifying. Are blue flames this game's Envoker?

So fellow Persona/SMT fans, your thoughts? Theories? 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

I'm definitely liking the looks of this one. Persona 3 was my first real foray into the SMT series and it impressed me a lot but the kinda bland and randomized dungeons got boring after playing other games in the franchise where dungeons were deliberately designed a certain way. Nocturne's return to Yoyogi Park, anyone?

This trailer makes it look like they're infusing some of the good ol' main series mentality into Persona. Something it desperately needs if it's gonna keep up with the rest of the franchise which is constantly evolving.

I like what I'm seeing but I'm confused about all the dancing and skating. Not really sure if that's supposed to be stylistic or it represents something in the game. The closest thing we've seen so far is the fast dashing thing they showed.

I also hope the music keeps up with the rest of the franchise. The stuff in the trailer was kinda eh but this is Atlus we're talking about here. Bad music they do not do.

I definitely like the look of it though. This mofo is one of the bigger reasons I want a PS4.

This is the other hype train other than MLP season 5 that I'm boarding on... I mean seriously. The graphic is slick and beautiful, the menu is stylish, Firearm is back (according to megaten fans, I didn't play P1/P2), All out attack is awesome, Cat(Morgana) is replacing Teddie/Kuma.

One thing I'm piqued from the information gathered:

1. The theme will be linked to the 7 Deadly Sins (Dante's Inferno anyone?), since Luxuria is shown in the trailer. See wiki for more info.

2. Be prepared for cat puns. P4 has bear puns everywhere.

tl;dr

tumblr_njb0arXM8r1r8x55lo1_r1_540.gif

Edited by FabulousNightmare
  • Brohoof 3

All aboard the hype train!!!

And maybe it was just me, but I was getting a lot of Catherine vibes from the art style and transitions and such. Still, looks cool.

You could also get a PS4. It's confirmed to be cross-generation and quite frankly I'd prefer to get the better version personally.

Well I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I don't want to just drop $400 on a console. And I was also joking, I wouldn't buy a whole new system just to play one or two games.

Well I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I don't want to just drop $400 on a console. And I was also joking, I wouldn't buy a whole new system just to play one or two games.

I would. <.< >.> :lol:

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV alone convinced me to get a PS4. Then Bloodborne was announced too and Lords of the Fallen came out...now I have like twenty or more games to get for it once I have the console. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

While I have never completed them as I only discovered this series fairly recently, I personally found both Persona 3 and Persona 4 to be great JRPGs. I might try to beat them someday, but even then I'm somewhat hyped for P5. :)

While I have never completed them as I only discovered this series fairly recently, I personally found both Persona 3 and Persona 4 to be great JRPGs. I might try to beat them someday, but even then I'm somewhat hyped for P5. :)

If you decide to play other games in the series keep in mind that the Persona series is actually the black sheep of the franchise. It's very, very different from other games in the series. Even though Persona is the most popular part of the series some of us would say it's actually the weakest link, though not to say they are bad games by any means. <.< >.> :lol:

• Brohoof 1

If you decide to play other games in the series keep in mind that the Persona series is actually the black sheep of the franchise. It's very, very different from other games in the series. Even though Persona is the most popular part of the series some of us would say it's actually the weakest link, though not to say they are bad games by any means. <.< >.> :lol:

Well, I hold both Persoa 3 and Persona 4 in high regard, and I can't really comment on the others in the SMT series. I don't have much impetus to play them at the moment with other games needing my attention, but maybe sometime in the future. ^^

Well, I hold both Persoa 3 and Persona 4 in high regard, and I can't really comment on the others in the SMT series. I don't have much impetus to play them at the moment with other games needing my attention, but maybe sometime in the future. ^^

A lot of people do. There's a reason Persona is so big. Just warning you that should you try other games not to let your expectations get ahead of you. :P

• Brohoof 1

I never played Persona, until I saw the Anime for Persona 4.

Then I did my research, and learned the games were loosely connected, so you didn't need 1-3 to get a grasp of 4.

So I've not been a fan as long as some...

That said... I can't wait for this game. I was on the fence about it, because of the previously mentioned lack of connection, but now, I'm excite. :U

I never played Persona, until I saw the Anime for Persona 4.

Then I did my research, and learned the games were loosely connected, so you didn't need 1-3 to get a grasp of 4.

So I've not been a fan as long as some...

That said... I can't wait for this game. I was on the fence about it, because of the previously mentioned lack of connection, but now, I'm excite. :U

There are very few SMT games that are actually directly connected.

Among the Persona series only the two Persona 2 games are directly involved with each other but in a very indirect way, if that makes sense.

Persona 3 and 4 also references other games in the SMT series and you even go to the city from Persona 3 during Persona 4, including meeting some of the characters.

What connects the series together is the themes more than anything else. I would definitely recommend not passing up on the other games in the franchise simply because they aren't connected. You're missing out on a great deal of gaming's best RPG offerings that way.

There are very few SMT games that are actually directly connected.

Among the Persona series only the two Persona 2 games are directly involved with each other but in a very indirect way, if that makes sense.

Persona 3 and 4 also references other games in the SMT series and you even go to the city from Persona 3 during Persona 4, including meeting some of the characters.

What connects the series together is the themes more than anything else. I would definitely recommend not passing up on the other games in the franchise simply because they aren't connected. You're missing out on a great deal of gaming's best RPG offerings that way.

No, ye, I just meant, if it had been a wholly connected series, like .hack// or THIEF, I'd have been less inclined to get 4, and that the quality of 4 would not sway my opinion or previous or future games, they have to leave their own impact to get my money. And the OP's video definitely left its mark.