Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

33 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

On a more lighthearted note, I made a thing.

So is Vince McMahon back in power or is he there to negotiate a possible sale? I still don't understand what's going on. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So is Vince McMahon back in power or is he there to negotiate a possible sale? I still don't understand what's going on. 

He, and the two people he originally fired to bring Nick Khan in, Barrios & Wilson, are now on the board. VKM still has 80% of the company's class B stock, so any media rights negotiations must go through him. But so far HHH is still in charge of creative, Khan & Steph are still co-CEOs. Basically it sounds like a hung jury up there. But as long as VKM stays only for the sale or a TV rights renewal, the boat won't be rocked. Any moves beyond that, like taking the company back to private, will strain the relationship with their other shareholders and their sponsors. 

In other wrestling financial news, NJPW are scrapping their Us TV show, Strong. They've lost money on it. Matches were good. The athletes made on the show are promising. But the production sucked and no one took it seriously. There's talks between Pres. Kidani & Tony Khan about making ROH the new U.S. feeder fed. Kinda thought that's what they should've done, since ROH was the gateway for NJPW's US expansion. But AEW and Sinclair's complete indifference to ROH kinda killed that. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

:wacko: It took you this long to notice? 

No, I figured that out pretty quickly. :lookup: Jushin Thunder Liger's look was based off of something similar, right? 

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

No, I figured that out pretty quickly. :lookup: Jushin Thunder Liger's look was based off of something similar, right? 

Muta was based off The Great Kabuki, who in turn was based off Kabuki theater. 

Liger wasn't from Super Sentai, but from an anime. Like how Tiger Mask was based off a manga of the same name. 

Jushin Liger (Anime) | AnimeClick.it

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Muta was based off The Great Kabuki, who in turn was based off Kabuki theater. 

Liger wasn't from Super Sentai, but from an anime. Like how Tiger Mask was based off a manga of the same name. 

And I'm sure if you asked Hulk Hogan he would tell you he invented anime while bodyslamming a two ton Andre the Giant at the "Superdome", Dude!

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

And I'm sure if you asked Hulk Hogan he would tell you he invented anime while bodyslamming a two ton Andre the Giant at the "Superdome", Dude!

This makes me wanna see Hulk Hogan vs. Hao Miyazaki in Ryogoku sumo hall. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-01-09 at 12:50 PM, Castle Bleck said:

Please don't let it be Disney.

But Rapunzel could whoop everyone in WWE with her frying pan. :devious: image.gif.925c99eecbdbc6708ffe25c13d1226a5.gif

My Disney crush as WWE Women's Champion! :wub:

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wait until "Part 2" when WWE is (probably, maybe) eventually sold. :wau:

Part two might be just about to premiere. Strong rumor that WWE has been sold to the Saudi investment fund, taking the company private for the first time in 24 years. VKM could be in control permanently or retiring with billions. But this could also backfire, as not everyone shares WWE's amorality, from their sponsors to their broadcast partners to their own talent. Steph quit so she wouldn't have to vote against her own father and many of the board have either left so they're not guilty by association or were forced out. If this goes private, WWE won't have to answer to anyone, not even shareholders. MJF's bidding war of 2024 may as well be kayfabe. Punk only said he'll go back for a bag load of money, but not blood money. They may even lose some top guys due to being at odds with the Saudi regime, like MVP (renounced Islam), Sami Zayn (Syrian),  Kevin Owens (loyalty to Sami), John Cena (image conscious) and The Rock (won't jeopardize his political ambitions). 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Strong rumor that WWE has been sold

It's both sides of the coin right now. I'm hoping NBC/Universal buys WWE since they already have the WWE streaming rights in most places. 

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's both sides of the coin right now. I'm hoping NBC/Universal buys WWE since they already have the WWE streaming rights in most places. 

I can't makes heads or tails of what's going on with the WWE right now. Hoping it's not the Saudi Investment Fund. NBCUniversal would make the most sense, but nothing will change no matter buys the company.

• Brohoof 1