Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Can we all just appreciate how epic McIntyre's original theme was? 

Not that his current theme is bad, but this would suit him well now. It was too good for him when he re-debuted on the roster back in 2010. People forget that back then, McIntyre sucked. Weak promo. Unspectacular in ring work. Crowd were crickets whenever he wrestled. Strapping the IC belt on him so early was an obvious ploy by Vinny Mac to try and legitimize him as his "chosen one". We were all calling him "Drew Mediocre" for a reason. 

But all good things come to those who wait and McIntyre certainly did improve, even during the tail end of his WWE run. It just took him breaking out on the indy scene and Impact for WWE to realize their folly. In a way, him being let go was, to use an NJPW term, his excursion. When a wrestler is allowed to take a hiatus from their company and work abroad for another company. His journey mirrors that of Tetsuya Naito. The company had high hopes on him when they pushed him to the top as the next title contender, but the fans weren't buying him and he lacked those main event qualities. One year in Mexico later and he's back as "El Ignobernable" and now fans can't get enough of him. And now the WWE can't get enough of McIntyre. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not that his current theme is bad, but this would suit him well now. It was too good for him when he re-debuted on the roster back in 2010. People forget that back then, McIntyre sucked. Weak promo. Unspectacular in ring work. Crowd were crickets whenever he wrestled. Strapping the IC belt on him so early was an obvious ploy by Vinny Mac to try and legitimize him as his "chosen one". We were all calling him "Drew Mediocre" for a reason. 

The "Future Shock DDT" looks a lot cooler than "Derpy Dean's" I mean, "Dirty Deeds", IMO. :muffins:

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

The "Future Shock DDT" looks a lot cooler than "Derpy Dean's" I mean, "Dirty Deeds", IMO. :muffins:

Definitely. That is the worst double arm DDT I have ever seen. Their arms are barley hooked and the opponent falls to their knees.  Swap them. Let Drew keep that DDT and give Dean his old bull dog DDT move. But now EC3 uses that move. So...I dunno. Maybe the diving elbow to a standing opponent? 

But the Claymore isn't a bad move either. It's basically Masahiro Chono's Kenka Kick. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Definitely. That is the worst double arm DDT I have ever seen. Their arms are barley hooked and the opponent falls to their knees.  Swap them. Let Drew keep that DDT and give Dean his old bull dog DDT move. But now EC3 uses that move. So...I dunno. Maybe the diving elbow to a standing opponent? 

But the Claymore isn't a bad move either. It's basically Masahiro Chono's Kenka Kick. 

1. Even Mick Foley's Double Arm DDT is better than Dean Ambrose's.

2. Are Adam Cole's Last Shot (NXT) & Drew McIntyre's Claymore the same move? They sure look the same to me. 

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. Even Mick Foley's Double Arm DDT is better than Dean Ambrose's.

2. Are Adam Cole's Last Shot (NXT) & Drew McIntyre's Claymore the same move? They sure look the same to me. 

Don't have the network so no NXT. Back in ROH, the last shot was a brainbuster onto the knee. I do know he also uses a running high knee as a finish, so maybe that's what you're thinking of? 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I do know he also uses a running high knee as a finish, so maybe that's what you're thinking of? 

Yeah. I guess they're not the same move after all.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

0930LA_1500_500.jpg

So New Japan's 4th ever solo U.S. show is going down next Sunday. So far  the matches are:

-Semi finals of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Will Osprey vs. Marty Scurll

-IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks  vs. G.O.D.           

-IWGP U.S. Championship: Juice Robinson vs. NWA World Heavyweight Champion Cody Rhodes

Predictions? 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

I don't know if you guys have seen this or not, but here's the gameplay trailer for WWE 2K19

I'm *very* excited for the Universe Mode improvements! :-D 

I'm just hoping it will allow me to create an all-female brand that doesn't block them from having more than three championships. :lie:

20 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm *very* excited for the Universe Mode improvements! :-D 

I'm just hoping it will allow me to create an all-female brand that doesn't block them from having more than three championships. :lie:

From what i've seen you can actually do that. They added slots for a fourth title (or an additional money in the bank). You can also create custom money in the bank briefcases.

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

From what i've seen you can actually do that. They added slots for a fourth title (or an additional money in the bank). You can also create custom money in the bank briefcases.

I just hope it doesn't look like this & that you're actually able to change the bottom two slots without restrictions

since, I haven't seen anyone test it yet:

• Slot 1
  • Slot 2
  • Slot 3
  • Slot 4
  • Women's Championship
  • Money in the Bank

Because, I couldn't have the WWE, Intercontinental, Tag Team & United States Championships on the same show in Universe Mode

due to the Women's Championship slot not being editable in previous games.    

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just hope it doesn't look like this & that you're actually able to change the bottom two slots without restrictions

since, I haven't seen anyone test it yet:

• Slot 1
  • Slot 2
  • Slot 3
  • Slot 4
  • Women's Championship
  • Money in the Bank

Because, I couldn't have the WWE, Intercontinental, Tag Team & United States Championships on the same show in Universe Mode

due to the Women's Championship slot not being editable in previous games.    

From what i've heard, you can change all of the slots,a nd this is per show by the way. If you want individual money in the banks for each brand, you can do that. There's no limit to what you can do in Universe mode really.

This video will help explain things better.

Edited by Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow

57 minutes ago, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

From what i've heard, you can change all of the slots,a nd this is per show by the way. If you want individual money in the banks for each brand, you can do that. There's no limit to what you can do in Universe mode really.

I also wonder if there are preset Women's Elimination Chamber matches in Universe Mode or if I will have to set them up myself. :ooh:

2 hours ago, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

No idea. Guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

That's true.

Which new WWE2K19 model is your favorite?

For classic wrestlers I like the new Chris Jericho with long hair & the updated Edge model.

For new additions I like Sonya Deville.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:02 PM, Denim&Venom said:

So New Japan's 4th ever solo U.S. show is going down next Sunday. So far  the matches are:

-Semi finals of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Will Osprey vs. Marty Scurll

-IWGP U.S. Championship: Juice Robinson vs. NWA World Heavyweight Champion Cody Rhodes

Predictions? 

1. Marty Scurll
  2. Young Bucks
  3. Cody Rhodes
Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's true.

For classic wrestlers I like the new Chris Jericho with long hair & the updated Edge model.

1. Marty Scurll
  2. Young Bucks
  3. Cody Rhodes

So you're predicting kushida vs. Scurll for the title, the bucks to retain and Juice to loose the title on his first defense?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So you're predicting kushida vs. Scurll for the title, the bucks to retain and Juice to loose the title on his first defense?

1. Yes.        :)

2. Maybe. :mlp_please:

3. After thinking about it, I predict Juice Robinson will win by disqualification. :ooh:

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's true.

1. Marty Scurll
  2. Young Bucks
  3. Cody Rhodes

I definitely like the new Edge model, and I also like the newish look to Macho Man OOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH! Randy Savage this year.

Edited by Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

I also like the newish look to Macho Man OOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH! Randy Savage this year.

I need to see what Randy Savage's face looks like without his glasses first before I get too excited about his WrestleMania VIII look in WWE2K19. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow said:

You can probably find that on one of the gameplay trailers for the DLC.

2K gave Trish Stratus her WrestleMania XIX attire, too. 

Not my favorite, but I like it more than that attire from her Raw main event match with Lita that we've had in five different games. 

The full Fighting Spirit Unleashed card has been released! 

0930LA_1500_500.jpg

-Liger, ACH & Taguchi vs. Roppongi 3K & Rocky Romero

-Kaz & Daniels vs. Chase Owens & Hangman

-Flip Gordon, Chris Sabin & Jeff Cobb vs. Best Friends & Hirooki Goto

-Naito, Evil & Sanada vs. KES & ZSJ

-Kushida & Tanahashi vs. Gedo & Jay White

-Okada & Ishii vs. The Golden Lovers 

Predict! 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

The full Fighting Spirit Unleashed card has been released! 

0930LA_1500_500.jpg

-Liger, ACH & Taguchi vs. Roppongi 3K & Rocky Romero

-Kaz & Daniels vs. Chase Owens & Hangman

-Flip Gordon, Chris Sabin & Jeff Cobb vs. Best Friends & Hirooki Goto

-Naito, Evil & Sanada vs. KES & ZSJ

-Kushida & Tanahashi vs. Gedo & Jay White

-Okada & Ishii vs. The Golden Lovers 

Predict! 

• Chris Sabin? There's a wrestler I haven't seen in a *long* time. 
  • Go with Naito! :orly:
  • Is it weird that I didn't know Gedo was a wrestler? I thought his job was booker/Okada's manager. 
  • Semi finals of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Will Osprey vs. Marty Scurll: This'll be a fun match, IMO! 
  • I hope that The Young Bucks retain even though I'm not a big fan of either team. 
  • Juice Robinson will retain by disqualification. 
  • Okada & Ishii vs. The Golden Lovers: This will be intense!

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

• Chris Sabin? There's a wrestler I haven't seen in a *long* time. 
  • Go with Naito! :orly:
  • Is it weird that I didn't know Gedo was a wrestler? I thought his job was booker/Okada's manager. 
  • Semi finals of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Will Osprey vs. Marty Scurll: This'll be a fun match, IMO! 
  • I hope that The Young Bucks retain even though I'm not a big fan of either team. 
  • Juice Robinson will retain by disqualification. 
  • Okada & Ishii vs. The Golden Lovers: This will be intense!
  • He actually did really well in this years BOTSJ. Great matches with Kushida & Scurll if you can find them. Him and Shelly finally won the ROH World Tag Titles last year. Sadly it looks like that may have been the team's last hurrah. Shelly has more or less retired, not being too fond of his many trips to the dentist to cauterize the places his teeth used to be. Welp, there goes my hope of the Sabin/Shelly/Kushida trios team: Time Machine. 
  •  LIJ has had the edge over Suzuki gun. But I think the key here is ZSJ. He's had the number of both Naito & Evil. So Suzuki-gun win thanks to him. Or LIJ win and that's used to set up Jericho vs. Evil. 
  • You never knew he used to wrestle? Man he's been in the game for a long time. Yeah, he's still the booker. But he and Okada amicably split post G1. Oh and spoilers for last weeks Destruction show.
  • Spoiler

Gedo turned on Okada and has sided with Jay White, since White did what Okada couldn't, and that's beat the G1 Winner Tanahashi. 

• Oh yes it will be, though I struggle to fathom how they'll top their last match from Sakura Genesis. That was my MOTY before Omega/Okada IV.
  • I imagine they will. GoD already have the trios belts. Plus it looks like KES are being put back into the title hunt. They'll either beat the bucks for the gold or win Tag League to do it.  
  • If it ends in a DQ, then Cody truly is Dusty's son. 
  • Oh this will be a fun match indeed. Any combination of guys here can put on a great show, let alone all four of them. 

We're also supposed to get announcements for the Jr. Tag League, one of them being the big reveal of who will be Taiji Ishimori's tag partner. 

I'm guessing it'll be ACH, his old partner from NOAH. But he seems too much of a nerdy good guy for that role. He's basically a more athletic Xavier Woods. So another thought I had was that it could be Prince Devitt's old tag partner, PAC. 

You remember PAC, right?