Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE's United States title design always used to look ugly to me but it's grown on me recently.

You mean the one and only belt not to have changed since it's inception? 

It is relatively tame compared to past designs. A bit too much inspiration from the Light-heavyweight belt. But it's not the worst, as we have seen. Heck, it's arguably the best looking belt on the main roster. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

You mean the one and only belt not to have changed since it's inception?

I know what it's supposed to represent but the US flag in the background of that belt has never been a favorite of mine.

Sure, WCW's belt looked plain by comparison but I liked it more than WWE's version for some reason.

1 minute ago, BrawnyCharger said:

If I'm honest I like that they changed the Intercontinental Championship back to the 1986-1998 version. That version is my favorite design.

I like it, except for the white strap. the blue highlights on the belt make it seem too light. Still an improvement over them adding that nameplate to the last one and messing up the font. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I know what it's supposed to represent but the US flag in the background of that belt has never been a favorite of mine.

Sure, WCW's belt looked plain by comparison but I liked it more than WWE's version for some reason.

It is a more stand out design, but suffers from the opposite problem. The U.S. flag is under represented, looking like it was tacked on last minute. 

It's also inferior to the prior design. 

Image result for nwa us title

This is arguably the best one the belt ever had. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Still an improvement over them adding that nameplate to the last one and messing up the font. 

Speaking of nameplates, I prefer the side plates on the current WWE & Women's Championship's to the tiny name plates of the past

because, it makes it feel like the wrestler fought to earn their title even more thus increasing its prestiege.

It also seems like an update to the Smoking Skull & John Cena Spinner designs. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, nameplates ruin the whole feel. Though I was never fond of personalized versions of belts. Feels like importance is placed on the character, rather than them being champion. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah, nameplates ruin the whole feel. Though I was never fond of personalized versions of belts. Feels like importance is placed on the character, rather than them being champion. 

I like that the WWE Champion's is on the sides of the belt so it doesn't distract too much from the Championship itself.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly haven't watched a full RAW or Smackdown in years, so I try to keep up on their website. Used to watch wcw/wwf back in the 90s up until wwe bought it out in 2001 and then stopped around 2008...on and off.

The one thing I wish they would do is go back to the classic WWE championship belt from the 90s. Not the skull that Austin had or Bull that Rock had.

W06648.jpg

OR

3ba2ca984a13a35a41a03bc46b42fa41a892f37c

Either are great. Prefer the first one, though. It just seemed so much more coveted to have, imo. The current one looks awful even since its inception. I remember watching that reveal and started laughing at how ugly it was. It looked like it was put together in like 5 minutes.

Edited by ssj
  • Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, ssj said:

The current one looks awful even since its inception. I remember watching that reveal and started laughing at how ugly it was. It looked like it was put together in like 5 minutes.

It took some getting used to but I like the new WWE Championship a lot. 

WWE-Championship-e1520344332124.jpg

12 hours ago, A.V. said:

Yeah, that one's quite pleasant to look at.

I'm personally more of a fan of the early 2000s WWE championship design (the undisputed championship version). never been a huge fan of the new cookie cutter designs of the championships.

WWE EVOLUTION SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP SPOILERS

Spoiler
  • Is it just me or did Charlotte Flair oversell Becky's offense during the match? I laughed at Charlotte's selling quite a few times during the match. 
  • Nice callback to Becky's previous Championship loss to Alexa Bliss that I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. 
  • I'm SO happy that Becky Lynch won & I'm curious who her next opponent will be. My guess is Asuka. 
  • Becky's leg drop off of the ladder onto Charlotte was pretty cool!
  • What is it with women's matches & tables failing to break?! :laugh:

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE EVOLUTION SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents
  • Is it just me or did Charlotte Flair oversell Becky's offense during the match? I laughed at Charlotte's selling quite a few times during the match. 
  • Nice callback to Becky's previous Championship loss to Alexa Bliss that I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. 
  • I'm SO happy that Becky Lynch won & I'm curious who her next opponent will be. My guess is Asuka. 
  • Becky's leg drop off of the ladder onto Charlotte was pretty cool!
  • What is it with women's matches & tables failing to break?! :laugh:

A Disney fan who's also a WWE fan?

• Brohoof 1

Considering the abysmal lack of hype and build for this show, I'm kinda surprised it's being received so well. 

But perhaps that's why it succeeded? Without WWE's micromanagement and overproduction, the writers and producers were let off the leash and the ladies were allowed to do what they do best. Why it felt like an NXT show or even one of the old 3WA or AJW Joshi events of the 90s. 

But WWE truly understands gender equality. The women got their own show. Now the men get their own exclusive show this Friday. Let's see how that one compares. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

But WWE truly understands gender equality. The women got their own show. Now the men get their own exclusive show this Friday. Let's see how that one compares. 

All I'm asking for is that Brock Lesnar DOES NOT become Universal Champion again.

It really makes it seem like WWE doesn't care when their ""A" show" champion isn't there in some capacity every week like everyone else on the roster. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

All I'm asking for is that Brock Lesnar DOES NOT become Universal Champion again.

It really makes it seem like WWE doesn't care when their ""A" show" champion isn't there in some capacity every week like everyone else on the roster. 

They don't. Cause viewers aren't the wwe's main source of revenue. It's from networks, sponsors, TV deals and of course, Saudi Arabia. The record high stock price? Happened under Brock's watch.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

They don't. Cause viewers aren't the wwe's main source of revenue. It's from networks, sponsors, TV deals and of course, Saudi Arabia. The record high stock price? Happened under Brock's watch.

Well, it sure feels like they treat Smackdown as the lesser show to me  even though they could care less about either of them now. 

Stuff like BIG debuts happen on Raw & Smackdown hasn't had anything noteworthy happen on their show in a LONG time. 

35 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Well, it sure feels like they treat Smackdown as the lesser show to me  even though they could care less about either of them now. 

Stuff like BIG debuts happen on Raw & Smackdown hasn't had anything noteworthy happen on their show in a LONG time. 

It very much is the B show. WWE would've canned it or kept it as a pre-taped recap show if it wasn't for the USA network. Smackdown is effectively a contractual obligation for the company. 

Heck, SD 1K beat raw in the ratings. And they were still disappointed. Though the shouldn't be surprised. It was just like any other SD but with video packages and filler gust spots. 

2 minutes ago, ssj said:

Besides Brock...who else has been a consistent contender for the championship? I haven't watched religiously but all I see if Brock and Roman and now Braun. Anyone else?

With the exception of Kane back at the rumble, that's effectively who it's been since No Mercy last year. 

Looks like that might change with Roman on the shelf and Brock training for a UFC return.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

It very much is the B show. WWE would've canned it or kept it as a pre-taped recap show if it wasn't for the USA network. Smackdown is effectively a contractual obligation for the company. 

That's gotta make the Smackdown wrestlers feel super. :dry:

"You're lucky USA forced us to keep this on the air!"