Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Berry punch never age?

RainbowTashie

So this is the scene in pinkie pride where pinkie hosted a party when she was a filly. Cheerilie was there(always thought Cheerilee was older than pinkie) and derpy,colgate the list goes on... but Berry punch is here and she appears to have not aged in the present times. What the actual buck?10984715_10204597953281154_126235214_n.j

Edited by SiriusDusk

To be honest, I don't think that the crew gives so much thought on the age of the ponies and all that jazz, especially not on the BG ponies.

They probably just slumped a background pony and animated them that way. Not that big of a deal.

Also, it could be that Berry Punch IS older than Pinkie and the others, but there is obviously no other pony design than fillies, the regular pony design such as the mane 6, somewhat mid-age like Mrs. Cake, and... the elders such as Granny Smith.

The majority of Equestria, Ponyville, Manehattan, whatever you may... Has the same design as the mane 6. Which means they're stuck in that model from about the age of 15-17 to the age of at least 30-39 if not older. We don't have much else to go by either, so I think that would be the case, IF Berry Punch now happens to be older. It's a possibility.

Who really knows, it could also be as the others are stating, an error??

I'd believe otherwise though. I'm very much into the #OverthinkingMLP thing, after all..  ^_^

(I'm sorry for my grammar, if anything sounded off. I hope I can make myself understood anyhow.)

Edited by rosenflickan
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe... Just maybe, Berry Punch's mom looks exactly like her somehow, cause buck logic amirite?

But seriously, it's not like they pay too much attention to the background ponies anyway. The background ponies look the exact same in every town, so it kinda shows that they just don't care

• Brohoof 2

Background pony ages in flashbacks never make sense. Berry Punch's apparent sister Berry Pinch is one of the CMC's classmates, but also appears in A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1 during a flashback to Twilight's childhood.

I don't think they put too much thought into which ponies to place in the background of each scene. In fact, Berry Pinch, and earth pony, was used in the Cloudsdale flashbacks in Cutie Mark Chronicles. But if you want an in-universe explanation, then what @ said makes some sense.

Berry punch's cup is actually the holy grail and she now has an eternal life. That's why she drinks so much booze, so she can block out the pain of immortality. Headcannons ftw.

• Brohoof 4

Maybe she has Wolverine's mutation.  Someone should make a video montage of Equestrian wars throughout history, dating back to the time of Starswirl, and Berry is in every scene like Jimmy and Victor in the opening of X-Men Origins.

But seriously, I think that the FIM team basically doesn't assign real identities to the background ponies.  I.e. they can appear anywhere, at any time, for any reason, without any explanation.  Case in point--Rarity conjures up Octavia with the Inspiration Manifestation.  Don't you think Octavia would have found that odd?  Don't you think she would have gone, "Da fuk am I suddenly doing here, playing my cello at this birthday party?!  How did I even get here?!"