Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any viewers of Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the Big City?

Antiyonder

Yeah mostly curious if anyone else is following this series, but I'd say that discussion on older SBSC stuff is on the table.

Is the show perfect?  Probably not.  Some might argue the interpretations are the best and each episodes being 4 minutes.  But still arguably has some of the same energy as MLP G4.

And the show is legally available to watch for free: https://www.youtube.com/@StrawberryShortcake

Though the current Season (3) might have the entirety of it's eps on Netflix not to long into the rest of the year.  That happens, yeah I'm berry binging.

Incidentally besides Lemon Meringue's tomboy status (albeit as a mad scientist type instead of a jock), she is as in previous incarnations voiced by Andrea Libman.   And I just imagine her upon seeing Pinkie Pie viewing her to be the bane of her existence.

• Brohoof 1

I always considered it, but I never got around to it. I hear that Mike Vogel had a big role in this show as well

• Brohoof 1

Yeah and we get a similar bit of terminology like Someberry (ala Somepony) or bake the world a better place.  Also some of the holiday songs give me a Best Gift Ever vibe.

Anyway, here's some of the vids, in this case each Season Premiere and spoilers abound:

- Season One: 

- Season Two: 

- Season Three: 

• Brohoof 1

I’m behind on the show but I loved what I’ve watched. Other than Strawberry herself I’d say Blueberry, Sour Grapes and Raspberry Tart are  my favorite characters out of the series.

• Brohoof 1

I've been sort of following it since it started, but was under the impression that it seemed to get considerably less attention than TYT even with the same runtime. I could be wrong, but... Anyway, Lemon Meringue, Raspberry Tart, Sour Grapes are my top three favorites so far. Bread Pudding has grown on me too.

• Brohoof 1

And I think starting now especially if the thread does well is that I'll post the new episode of the week each Saturday.

To note each new episode premiere has the previous episodes in reverse order playing after.  That said today's ep Hot, Fresh and Trending:

And yep:

Spoiler

The Peculiar Purple Pieman (Making his first appearance in this season after his last S2 ep) does the "How do you do fellow kids" bit.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's an interesting show, watched a few episodes. Not bad.

Ana Sani (Izzy) and Bahia Watson(Misty)  are actually in it too, which I find super cool!

Love the characters that they play.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Actually four minutes with mind you a couple two partners.

Anyway, new episode:

It’s Frightfall and Strawberry and her friends are in for more tricks than treats, thanks to the mischievous Cherry and Cheese.

Anyway I don't share the same hate for the twins as some fans do, but hey, their fate will probably be something unpleasant like having to star in a poor remake of The Shining.😁

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Oh, it’s a web series. I thought it was aired on TV :mlp_huh:. Whatever, I’ll hear both G4 and G5 horses :ticking:

There is also the Netflix Halloween special "Beast of Berry Bog".

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Antiyonder said:

When Blueberry’s mom accidentally books Blueberry’s slumber party and her brother’s on the same night, Blueberry’s trust in the universe is tested.

This episode was pretty funny lol. The boys screaming from seeing the girls faces during the scary stories and Sour Grapes going Nope and slamming the door really got me lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-04 at 7:59 AM, Antiyonder said:

When Blueberry’s mom accidentally books Blueberry’s slumber party and her brother’s on the same night, Blueberry’s trust in the universe is tested.

Having a brother that really gets on her nerves make Blueberry seem even more like Fluttershy. :angry:

I'm into season 3 now and it's getting confusing. I don't want to miss any episodes but there doesn't seem to be much order and the wiki's not up to date. I like that TYT episodes at least have a number at the beginning of every episode.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I'm into season 3 now and it's getting confusing. I don't want to miss any episodes but there doesn't seem to be much order and the wiki's not up to date.

Here goes.

Concealing cause of length:

Spoiler

1st and technically 2nd episode is Crabapple Jam.

3rd is Strawberry and the Gigantic Cake.

4th is A Splash of Fun.

5th is Slumber Party at Lemon's.

6th is Hot, Fresh & Trending.

7th is Anyway You Slice It.

8th is Custard's Big Adventure.

9th is Glamping VS Camping.

10th is Turn Things Around.

11th is Lord of the Smores.

12th is Strawberry's Friendship Party.

13th is The Super Spicy Pizza.

14th is The Spec-taco-lar Pets.

15th is The House on Scary Berry Lane.

16th is Trick AND Treat.

17th is The Great Roller Rink Rivalry.

18th is The Battle of Blueberry's Slumber Party.

19th is Strawberry's Shortcake.

20th and recent is Berry Bounty Bust.

And the Netflix movies Beast of Berry Bog & Perfect Holiday is after S2's premiere.

• Brohoof 1