Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you live in a town or a big city?

zerox

I live in a small town that started booming about 20 years ago, but it fell short and it become an old folk's community. There is 3 nursing homes, a subway, and a gas station. It's not big at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Biggest city in my country, over a million people.

(edited)

Veszprém is a small-ish sized city with 60 761 people (2011) :P  it is medium sized with hungarian standards XD

Edited by Scootaloo Feri

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Ensched, The Netherlands. A population of 157.864 people.

On 6-6-2017 at 5:37 PM, Nico said:

Biggest city in my country, over a million people.

Let me guess. Brussel, New York, Tokyo, Mexico stad, Berlin

3 minutes ago, Nico said:

Nah, I'm from Georgia (the country), and the city is Tbilisi. Over 1.5 million people, actually.

Well... I... was close! :proud:

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

Well... I... was close! :proud:

Uh... I guess so:D:D

It's definitely a town. If you include the two nearest towns, the population is about 40,000 people (one of which has about 35,000 people, and it's only a different town because it's in a different state.) It's not the smallest place I've lived, though. I've lived in two different places with about a dozen people in them (those would clearly be cities.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Longmont is kinda weird. It has a population of nearly 100,000 but because it serves as a commuter hub to nearby (and bigger) Boulder, Fort Collins, Greeley, and Denver, Longmont has very much a small town feel, but that is going to change pretty soon as this entire area is one of the fastest growing areas in recent years.

I can't even call this rinkydink nowhere-town a town. Feels like a village. Nay, just a collection of a couple buildings vaguely being in the same area.

Our entire Municipality have less than 1,000 people in it, and we're talking several square kilometers.

Feels like Jimmy the badger across the railroad tracks are my nearest neighbor, despite living in the 2nd floor of the grocery store..

• Brohoof 1

On 13.06.2017 at 11:24 PM, String Note said:

kinda far into the woods but still  near the city and which means horrible internet xD

This is the exact description of the place I come from :squee:

I currently live in Tricity, tho! It's basically 3 medium-sized cities combined into a metropolis, kinda like 3 kids in a trenchcoat pretending to be an adult XD

I live in a small city/university town; about 90,000. A few tall buildings here, but not very busy like a big city. It is growing; better than it was 10 years ago.

HerefordSky.jpg.9c35fce0db3734671e705f64b430ad80.jpg

Hereford1.jpg.02d6915cc1862ab0dd8f50f8b2c05e44.jpg

Hereford2.jpg.20bf3c1719477b80a0241ef5e055f0ad.jpg

I live this town of 55-60,000 people that will try and fool you into thinking it's a city by writing "city" everywhere it can.

The top image simultaneously contains the Town Centre, some inner housing districts, a cider factory, and the suburbs.

Edited by FluffyGoat13