Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you live in Equestria?

Iam

Poll  

58 users have voted

1. 1. Would you leave this world and go to live in Equestria?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

The full name of the title is actually: "Would you leave this world and go to live in Equestria"?

The purpose of this topic is to ask people if they wanted to say to this world "bye bye" and say "hello" to Equestria world, and of course reasons, why those people would leave (or not) our world.

I'll start: I would leave this world and go to live in Equestria, because I feel, like in Equestria I would find a society (Mane 6 + Starlight + Spike) that would be fine with my imagination of utopia society, true friends, that would be interested in most things you do, that would listen, that would be happy and grinned with life and spending time with you. I'm an egoist, from what I see, but whatever. I am just very worried about our humanity and human world, about things, that most people do, about cruelty, that can come from social behaviors... I just really want to go to Equestria - at all cost (if that only would be possible).

*idea of the public poll is to check how many people will actually be brave enough to vote with the risk of being eventually criticized*

• Brohoof 1

Hello @Iam,

a topic like this belongs in Sugarcube corner since it relates to ponies in a big way. I moved it there for you just to help ya out. Make sure to look more carefully at where you post topics in the future. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Let's split it, shall we?

Yes because:

Ponies are not that hateful and accept newcomers and strangers really fast, There's no fortnite or dame tu cosita bullcrap, everyday is a colorful and good day, the work isn't that painful.

No because:

No internet (it can be done), no phone (it can be done and magic can do it), you leave your friends AND this website because of no internet and you're not pony... (taht is a upside and a downside, you can be skillful with your 2 legs and 2 arms with fingers but you're not as strong as them...)

But, if I can go back to the real world OR having internet that comes from the real world, I'm in!

• Brohoof 3

I"d want to live there if they could fix my eyesight. Otherwise i'd have ot bring the techi need ot actual see things with me. I suppose since ponies are naturally freindly i'd make more freinds at least.

No, Equestria doesn't have any WiFi or computer. I can't live without those.

Also, my family and friends are here, in this world.

I would like a visit, but im not staying

53 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Hello @Iam,

a topic like this belongs in Sugarcube corner since it relates to ponies in a big way. I moved it there for you just to help ya out. Make sure to look more carefully at where you post topics in the future. ;)

I'm pretty sure that there was a similar topic about this.

Edited by Kevin Tang

6 minutes ago, Kevin Tang said:

I'm pretty sure that there was a similar topic about this.

The duplicate posting rules aren't different from what you knew before hand. Unless there is a same thread of the same title on the first page or it's a mega-thread, there is nothing that should be done about it.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, but no. Sure, Equestria is most likely a lovely place... but if I were to travel to Equestria with intentions to reside there permanently, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I would most likely be haunted by everything I left behind, and would get a harrowing feeling that I'm too much of a coward to face real life and its inevitable obstacles. My apologies if this sounds like an attack on anyone else; I truly don't mean it that way if you would prefer to live in Equestria as opposed to Earth... but personally, I couldn't do it.

• Brohoof 3

Living in Equestria? NOPE.

I mean, uprooting your entire life and abandoning everyone and everything you care about just to be stuck in a completely foreign land where there are no other humans? Where there's absolutely no guarantee that you'll integrate with this completely alien society that's nothing like our own? 

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG? :orly:

Nah but jokes aside, I wouldn't fancy it at all. I mean... I got responsibilities, relationships, and a whole life here. Call me crazy, but I'm not particularly fond of giving all that up just to live with talking ponies for the rest of my days. Truth be told, it'd probably drive me crazy.

Spoiler

A short holiday there would be alright though. :nom:

• Brohoof 3

49 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

The duplicate posting rules aren't different from what you knew before hand. Unless there is a same thread of the same title on the first page or it's a mega-thread, there is nothing that should be done about it.

Ok, I think I didn't read about that. Sorry, my bad!

Edited by Kevin Tang
  • Brohoof 1

I would only go if two requirements have been met 

1) I stay human because I'd rather not be a small pony plus I like having thumbs etc 

2) if some friends came with me I honestly don't think that I would be able to put up with how polite equestrian society would be so I'd like to have some banter with my mates 

Only then i would consider going to equestria

Edited by Crow2
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I hate this world enough (yet) to leave it just like that, I wouldn't want my family to worry about my current location etc.

If I were to be born again as a cartoon horse in Equestria after I die, I guess I'd be down. I don't consider that land a perfect place to live, there are several dangers coming for you all the time, all these monsters and antagonists. I'd give up living in a (supposedly) democratic country and live in an actual kingdom, if I'd get to the right city I'd be able to see characters of an almost godlike status. Instead of physics, I'd learn about magic, could possibly levitate objects and do other things impossible in our reality. On the other hand, Equestria does seem to be lacking in technology (they don't even have cars) [EDIT: Just seen "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" again, they have helicopters, so I'm even more surprised we haven't seen a single car in the show].  Also, I'd have to give up eating meat, which seems like a terrible idea to me (not sure if ponies' diet is that healthy to be honest). I hope I wouldn't have to sing songs all the time like mane six do. Aand if I'd have a friendship problem, I guess the map could possibly summon some of the main characters to fix it for me, soo that's a thing as well. 

Overall, not necessarily that bad of a lifetime, some cool places to visit, an interesting way to spend your life (do ponies pay taxes?)  I'm wondering if tourism is popular among equines, judging by The Parent Map, it probably is. Answering the question: not as of now, maybe in my possible next incarnation

Edited by Buttaflight

While it would certainly be interesting, there are too many things in my life that I don't think I could simply toss away. 

• Brohoof 2

Of course I would!
I would write a note and put it on my bed saying that "I would be going to Equestria and I don't know if I would ever even be able return here"
But I would write that if I get some warning!

1. Twilight is there!
2. Why would I want to be a human, or around tons of humans?
3. lots more 

• Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, The Recherche said:

(...) I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I would most likely be haunted by everything I left behind, and would get a harrowing feeling that I'm too much of a coward to face real life and its inevitable obstacles. My apologies if this sounds like an attack on anyone else (...)

It's not an attack, it's an constructive opinion.

I've just realised I only value things, that I do for myself, I'm the bigger egoist than I thinked. I think I have an issue to solve, because I barely care about others and I care for myself - in all (rather most) kind of situations possible to imagine. I think that's another reason why I would go to Equestria with leaving a note: "I love you all, I will not be back, because I'm to alienated (on my own wish) from human society to live there, I need an easier enviroment to learn social interactions, so Equestria is the place, I love you all, I hug you all the last time, Take care of yourself." and try to learn to live with others - *digression starts* it's very difficult for me to do so on in real life, because I can escape into internet, if there wouldn't be internet thought and I knew of existing MLP: FiM, I wouldn't still interact, because I would dream of living in utopia society. I would however try to interact in pony world, because I would reach the dream area. The place I wanted to go. I have tears in my eyes while writing this... *digression ends*

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...