Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Walk in the moonlight

Lucky Star

Is there a reason you're making this RP about Dark Crystals?

even though this RP was supposed to be a simple 'Slice of life'

story about a few ponies taking a walk together.

could you give me an explanation, please?

I'm not mad or anything, but if you were planning to change the concept, you could have talked

with me about it. I mean this is the reason we have an OOC page, after all.

No, it is just so that you know that he is into dark magic 

(edited)

No, it is just so that you know that he is into dark magic 

are you saying that is the only interesting quality your OC has?

He literally has nothing else to him?

Because I repeat, this is a Slice Of Life role play.

it's not action or adventure.

it's not drama.

you can have an OC who's into dark magic, but that doesn't mean it should be the only thing about him.

if there is more to him, you should be able to bring it out in a casual RP.

not make every post about him also about him being secretive and possibly up to no good.

you knew this wasn't that sort of role play when you wanted to join in, I was very clear about it being a "walk in the moon light" and making friends.

yet every post has something to do with a secret or bad stuff.

you even went so far as to have your OC spill his bags when my OC didn't catch the Dark Crystal stuff.

Do you understand why I would be annoyed? and do you really want your OC to seem like a one dimensional villain?

I know you don't or at last it doesn't seem you want it that way...

a truly good villain has reasons to be bad, some decent character development.

and developing an OC can be hard unless you do so by role playing and leting that character live a little bit.

if anything, one would think this would be a great opportunity to try your character out in a causal setting.

even dark ponies who serve an old king has to have moments where he steps out of that mindset and becomes a normal pony doing normal things. it can't all be Darkness and adventure.

Read my OC page! do you really think she was made to apprehend magical law breakers?

what do you want to do with this? it's like you're purposely trying to reveal your OC's dark magic so it can be addressed.

and there is only one way this sort thing could be addressed by my OC, and that would be reporting him to somepony or getting help from Princess Twilight.

and this was not the kind of thing the RP was supposed to be.

No fighting

No evil or dark anything

Just a simple Walk in the moon light with new friends....

I think I've ranted enough.

If you decide to respond, I hope you have something better to say.

Edited by Lucky Star

(edited)

@@Lucky Star

He really is just to be pretty dark. So it makes the possibility to make friends with someone into dark magic (very unusual right?). 

He is not only into dark magic. He is an explorer (as was revealed in earlier posts). He has his reasons, but the only way for that to be revealed would be to ask questions. 

I never expected any sort of fighting. Never, that is a really wrong assumption. 

He is by no way an evil villain, just a little bit misguided. 

The spilling was just to give the general idea. 

If you wanted a normal pony with nothing to him, no interesting character or anything, I get it. Just say it (doesn't mean that characters with some kind of quality or something to them can't act as regular ponies in a normal pony world). 

Edited by JonasDarkmane

@@Lucky Star

(doesn't mean that characters with some kind of quality or something to them can't act as regular ponies in a normal pony world). 

Why did you want to join my RP?

This is over btw.

you think your character is deep because he's into dark magic, but in reality he's just a flat corny mess.

Spilling does not give a general idea, it's just spilling.

it made your character look sloppy.

also, if he's not only into dark magic, then you could have made your post's less about dark magic when you knew this was supposed to be a Slice of life RP!!!!! Do you know what slice of life means?

am I speaking a different language?

The RP is over.

well I did learn something from this, before I jump into a role play, I should properly discuss it with the participants so they don't do strange things..... to be honest this has pretty much put me off roleplaying.

(edited)

"Some kind of quality" doesn't mean deep. It only means he has some kind of a characteristic.

The contents that were spilled give the general idea.

I did post things that did not involve dark magic (examples: My character being an explorer).

"The literary term refers to a storytelling technique that presents a seemingly arbitrary sample of a character's life, which often lacks a coherent plot, conflict, or ending". This argument of yours would have worked if you hadn't had the RP within the MLP world where magic and flying horses do exist. Dark magic is magic, it would be a slice of life within this magical world. So dark magic wouldn't really break anything unless my character was actually using it. Knowing dark magic is one thing, using it is another. 

Edited by JonasDarkmane