Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Have you walked out of a movie before?

Magic Note

Only once, and this was when I was a kid. They were playing the Jungle Book in our local theatre, and at that age I HATED that movie; for some reason. I demanded to my sister that we leave and...we did.

Just...hated that movie for some reason. XD

• Brohoof 2

I walked out when I was sitting through Taken 3. Such a boring piece of shit, lol.  >_>

Once. Back in 2009. Me and my dad went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I asked my dad for us to leave right after Optimus Prime was killed by Megatron.

I didn't want to see anything so frightening and unexpected from the rest of the movie. And yet I still bought the DVD.

post-31321-0-03714700-1422105607_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

I remember going to see Yogi Bear and even at the age of eight, I knew that it wasn't good at all. :mlp_gag: I didn't properly walk out but I was very quick to get up and leave. :>_>: Same went for the Lego Movie. :blush: I actually didn't particularly enjoy it and I remember my mother and I being the first to leave. :laugh:

There have been two occasions where I walked out in the middle of a movie. :sealed: The fourth Diary of a Wimpy Kid actively made me angry. :bea: I liked the first three but the fourth was appalling, it was gross, very dated before it even came out, it was terrible. :yuck: Finally, my primary school friend and I went to see Angry Birds and I tell you something, it lived up to its name! :unamused: It was by far the angriest we've ever gotten at a movie with the painfully unfunny humour. :confused: It was the Insta-ham joke that made us decide to leave. For the sake of your sanity, don't watch it! :blink:

• Brohoof 2

If I was able to, I would’ve walked out on Middle School: The Worst Days of My Life. It was a huge let down compared to what the trailer was. It felt stereotypical towards schools and students and it wasn’t as funny as it appeared. Also, there was a character who was apparently dead the whole time but no one mentioned that until the end of the movie.

• Brohoof 2

When my ex and I were dating, we went to see the movie Black Christmas. She picked it out. :P By the time we were maybe halfway through the movie, neither of us could stand it. We walked out, went back to my place, and watched movies there instead.

I don't know if I have or not, but one time when I went to go see Cars with my family, I couldn't sit through the whole movie. My grandma kept having to take me out of the theater room because I wouldn't behave. Although we didn't leave through the middle of that movie, I'd say that was close to just leaving in the middle of a movie. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, ExplosionMare said:

If I was able to, I would’ve walked out on Middle School: The Worst Days of My Life. It was a huge let down compared to what the trailer was. It felt stereotypical towards schools and students and it wasn’t as funny as it appeared. Also, there was a character who was apparently dead the whole time but no one mentioned that until the end of the movie.

I've never seen the movie but I've read the book and I thought it was okay :sealed:

3 hours ago, Yoshi89 said:

No. Closest I ever came was Monster House which I considered doing halfway.

I can't believe you would walk out on Monster House, that movie was literally a childhood tradition for me, my younger brother and dad where every Halloween we would watch it :D Though looking back on it now, the animation is a bit on the uncanny-valley side I suppose.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Same went for the Lego Movie. 

And I can't believe that you didn't like the Lego Movie! :blink: 

As for me, I've never actually "walked out" of a movie in a theater, though I do remember one time back when I was little me, my younger brother and dad sat down to watch the original Terminator movie and I got scared and ran away to my room during the scene where the Terminator is like, removing his eye or something in the bathroom sink and there's blood and stuff and it's just a kinda creepy weird scene :BornAgainBrony: I mean now I could handle it, but back then I was just a little kid and I didn't like overly horror/scary stuff like that :fluttershy:  

• Brohoof 1

Almost. First time was when I was sixteen and my older sister took me to see Billy Elliot. That movie was just..bad.. I didn't though as I thought it'd be ride to as it was my sister's treat. Though later I found out she wouldn't have minded as she didn't like it either.

Then on my 27th birthday two friends took me to see the third hobbit film, I missed a lot of it because I was sick

• 2 years later...

Saltburn is the movie I walked out of yesterday after I thought I was going to see The Boy & The Heron but I accidentally ordered the ticket for a screening at another cinema, I also walked out of Valerian & The City Of A Thousand Planets too years ago. :angry: