Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been singled out in class before?

Moonlight

threads, threads, everywhere

But, anyway I remember my teacher forcing myself to read something I wrote in my journal, and I said something along the lines of:

"And I'm happy because my friend is on the bus."

To which some dumbass said, 

"So, shadow the hedgehog is on that bus?" (I used to be obsessed with Sonic)

to which everyone laughed at me; while I sat there alone.

Anyone else?

post-15132-0-19354800-1374309418.gif

• Brohoof 5

I was loud and obnoxious, so every day. The best time was when my physics teacher caught me shooting rubber bands at my friend. I told him that I was calculating the elasticity. So he took a rubber band and shot me and then asked me if I rode the short bus. I wasn't humiliated, but I don't take any of my teachers seriously. Plus my friends already knew I'm a moron.

btw, how many threads have you started today? lol

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

btw, how many threads have you started today? lol

There's so many threads. xD Let's see here....from the looks of it, I have created around 13 threads today...which is a rough estimate, of course. :3 

post-15132-0-40320400-1374310217.gif

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 5

I was singled out all the time when i was in school but i was the trouble maker, Us history and and Govt teacher asked "What were FDR's 3 R's" which i replied "Read riting, rithmitic" He said "You know Scott you're really a lil asshole" then ha asked "can someone except Scott tell me what FDR's fireside chat was" he was still my favorite teachet

• Brohoof 2

I like these threads :D (I don't usually travel out of the Fan Art section. I'm sheltering myself D:)

I've been singled out from 6th grade all the way to 8th grade because (okay, this reason is really really REALLY dumb) everyone was either Xbox 360 or PS3. I would have to be the only bugger that prefered Wii. And throughout the years, I've grown accustomed to being called a faggot and a mario lover (I really see nothing wrong with preferring Nintendo over Sony or MS). Darned private schools XD. Anyway, I've moved on from that group of peers and now I go to a public high school where opinions are much more diverse :D

Though, I still get a lot of crap for buying a Wii U, simply because I like Nintendo exclusives more than Halo or Uncharted.

• Brohoof 1

I was always singled out because I knew more than my teachers, there I am explaining some wormhole theory to some other kids(they were just staring at me really) when the teacher comes up ands tells me to shut up... then I tried to explain to her what I was talking about and I was to sit alone for the rest of the day, for an 8 yr old I enjoyed that experience.

• Brohoof 3

well in my teacher took us to the computure lab once to do work on are project i was done so i went brosing google i was taking a look at naruto at the time and he freaked out and made fun me for looking at cartoons i closed the tab and began too pretand to work i said fuck you its anime ignorant jerk under my breath B)  i wonder what he would of said if i was looking at my little pony friendship is magic? something along the lines of i have issue or what ever...or he would call me gay LOL:D to any gay people am sorry your Great:) ^_^  

• Brohoof 1

I recall being singled out in school, but up until 5th grade it was to explain a concept to the other students.

I was also singled oud during my 1st grade year for being the only 1st grader in the 3rd grade mathematics class.

Everything went awry during my painfully slow emotional breakdown in 6th grade.

Hence began my homeschooling.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's so many threads. xD Let's see here....from the looks of it, I have created around 13 threads today...which is a rough estimate, of course. :3 

wow you makes dam many i hope i can be like you one day with so many good idea i want to share mine with the world much in the same way ^_^

Edited by The EverFree Pony
  • Brohoof 1

A few times, who hasn't?  ^_^ In literacy we were all writing poems and I was the only one picked to read mine out. I wrote it about the beauty of nature. Oh man, I got so many laughs...

• Brohoof 2

It has happened to me a lot, often though just because I was usually the only one finished with assignments and stuff.

Once though it was funny, I am and was obsessed with BMW. The teacher tried making fun of me for saying that I was going to buy a 5 litre 7 series that was at the time 20 years old, of course that car is not a good option but I still replied. This is how it went: *My name* BMW is probably not as good as *other guys* Almera. It's both cheaper and it's more fuel efficient.. *teacher grinned* So *my name* are you sure a big BMW 7-series is a good car for a guy just starting out.. I was of course outraged, so I replied with few and simple words: I ain't buying no fucking Nissan Almera. Teacher laughed, he thought I would give in.

I have also been singled out by a group of people that just want to make fun of you and the teachers loved asking me questions because I always had the answers. So yeah, I have been singled out a couple of times.

• Brohoof 1

I've been singled out before several times, but I can't really remember any specific time.  I've been perfecting the art of blending into the group.  Eventually I will achieve pure invisibility. :P

• Brohoof 2

I always feel singled out in class. :P Usually, I wouldn't be the one to be dancing in class but there was one day I was dancing in class because I was bored so after I did the class started bursting in laughter.

• Brohoof 2

Well, i am dyslexic so really bad at english and languages.

And for some reason my french teacher just didnt like me at all. I would try my hardest on french tests and every single timw i would be bottom of the class with my marks and EVERY times she would read my mark out to the class and made a comment about it.

That really sucked...

Luckyly i dropped it asap a few years later :)

• Brohoof 1

I was singled out all the time in school because as I said, everyone disliked hated me. If someone were to stand up in front of the class and make a presentation that sounded dumb and embarrassing, no one would care. There would be a few chuckles and some who complimented the presenter. When I would do it, I would just be laughed at and ridiculed. I hated it and wished the worst would happen to all of them. :(

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Hmm...Well not really singled out, but there was this one time when the whole class was participating and I usually don't participate but then I got all excited and brave and gave my answer, and for some reason my teacher was all "Well that's a weird way of putting it" (Even though it wasn't...I forgot what we were talking about. It was like something about Napoleon or some other dude, and why he would travel or something. And I said "To prove a point.") Anyway, the whole class started laughing, and I never participated again.

OH! Wait I have been singled out before!

It was in 10th grade and my whole class was full of little jerks who walked all over the teacher. I didn't because I felt bad for him and I wasn't a rude person. But this one time I was talking to my friend, because the no one was listening to the teacher and they were talking all loud and stuff, so I figured that I'd talk too. Anyway, I was talking (not loud at all) and my teacher turns around, and completely ignores all of the people who are like screaming and play fighting, and goes '(insert name) Is there something wrong? Why are you being like this?'

Just..Ugh!

Edited by DarligPegasi
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been called out a few times. One of my High School teachers is a bit of a gamer, and he's been places on the internet, so he gets memes, understand them, and is up to date on various different subjects. And one day in class, I wasn't paying attention as much as I should of been. He decided to do something to make me not procrastinate in his class at least.

He would refer things I'd rather not have the entire class know about. Like how at the time I was reading Strawberry Panic!; a Yuri (lesbian themed) manga. He would say things like "You're not talking about your Lesbian love story back there are you?". And I'd be so embarrassed as the class laughed. so I learned quickly.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 4

I only got singled out in class a few times and normally it was for talking. Since I usually already knew the content being covered in class the teacher wasn't too harsh on me. I was usually was the one silently laughing at the people who got called out in class for trying to disturb or disrupt the class.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but not necessarily for a bad thing exactly.

Since I was homeschooled all my life until I went into public school in 8th grade, I had plenty of times early on where teachers will have stuff to explain to me, and of course when I first came to class and was introduced.

Also one of the teachers gave me the tour around the school since i didn't know anything about it, if that really counts.

Also one of my teachers had to explain how one of the tests they did worked, which I guess was kinda regardless, but it wasn't that difficult to get :P.

All of the teachers knew I was homeschooled though, so they all gave me slightly special treatment at times. Not necessarily good since I'm not one for a lot of attention.

Also most of 8th grade knew me for being homeschooled anyways, but eh thats kinda irrelevant to this question xD.

But yeah I have been singled out alot last year, or 8th grade year or whatever year that'd be. Not really much though anymore 9th grade.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Many times. Like the first day senior year of High School I had to stand up in the middle of English class, state my name, and tell everyone what my favorite book was and why. I hated that because no one liked me since I was the class loner/weirdo. 

• Brohoof 3

Not like in an awful way. I don't think I've met many people that have hated me.

-in my entrepreneurship class last year I was coloring my frozen drawing of Anna and Elsa. My teacher for culinary decided to point it out(she hung out in my class during her conference period). Everybody jumped up into my face and begun to freak out and compliment me. It was so overwhelming that I went into a full blown panic attack. She apologized for it and it was just really embarrassing.

-after my double jaw surgery, about 3 weeks after it, I went back to school. everybody stared at me. My whole face was still swollen, not to mention I was still drooling uncontrollably. So I had to keep a little burp rag pressed up to my face 24/7. Just...ugh.

(Not really class, but it's still in school so whatevz)

-whenever my 2 friends I sit with at lunch dives into a religious talk. They're both catholic, I'm atheist. Sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable, like they're going to attack me.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 1

YES! Just yesterday in Pre-Calculus, my teacher was bashing me for not doing my homework on systems of equations (Which have been drilled into my head for four years) and called me out to do a problem on his chalkboard, thinking I wouldn't get it right.. I proved the guy wrong B)

• Brohoof 2