Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you climbed a mountain before?

EpicEnergy

Sort of,,, I've hiked up one, and I've climbed up a glacier that no longer exists year round with my dad, but nothing involving steep faces, ropes or carabiner.

I remember it being a work out, but nothing teenager me couldn't handle. Felt bad for the people coming up after us with a single water bottle after we emptied our camelpacs.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, we live pretty much right next to one, so we hike up to the top every so often. Not from the base of course, but it's still pretty exhausting and always feels great to stand near the edge of the cliff when we get there.

• Brohoof 1

No way!! Even if it was something that I would eventually be have a desire for and be brave enough to do it, I have physical limitations that would make it more difficult for me than the average person. The last time I was out in the mountains, I did go on a short hike, but even that wore me out. No way could I even think of actually climbing one.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Yes but it was only a small one near where I live and isn't difficult or dangerous to climb outside of Winter, there's a road you can drive up that goes halfway up and you can just walk to the top from there.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 2

I've hiked up a relatively big hill if that counts.

When I was in boy scouts I ran up a big sand dune like an idiot and got major cramps in both my thighs that hurt and had me limping for a whole day. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I climbed up a large hill once, overlooking Lakeview, Oregon. It isn't mkuch of a hill when viewed from the ground, but it was a good workout climbing to the summit. There was a radio tower on top and I wanted to reach it. I did.  

• Excited 1

I have been to pikes peak twice! Both times a person or two have fainted being up there. I hated how thin the road was, like one small oopsies and you'll be barrel rolling for awhile. I preferred walking up instead. Could see a lot though!

20230809_132058.jpg

20230809_135943.jpg

Being in the clouds was neat, hard to take pictures though lol.