Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Spots to go for a Walk?

FlutterGail

I was wondering if anypony wanted to share whether they go on walks in nature and what it's like?~/// 

I um, searched for a similar topic but I couldn't find one... Apologies if i missed it-

One of mine takes me in a circle around a deep emerald pond, fluttered by Beech trees. It reminds me of the mirror pool in the Everfree... 

There's also a rolling meadow with a curving path that's just *wonderful* to trot down~ I um, skip a little down the fields and can feel my wings in the breeze, it's euphoric /// 

1 hour ago, FlutterGail said:

I was wondering if anypony wanted to share whether they go on walks in nature and what it's like?~/// 

I um, searched for a similar topic but I couldn't find one... Apologies if i missed it-

One of mine takes me in a circle around a deep emerald pond, fluttered by Beech trees. It reminds me of the mirror pool in the Everfree... 

There's also a rolling meadow with a curving path that's just *wonderful* to trot down~ I um, skip a little down the fields and can feel my wings in the breeze, it's euphoric /// 

Don't apologies, Flutter! The moderators are really understanding and if there is something they always kindly inform you! :Rara:

The place you're describing seems to be breath taking! I would love to take a walk there! :laugh:

I don't really have a place where I like to take a walk. :please:

There is a very long trail here used for walks, bike riding, four wheeling, and horseback riding. It is gravel and surrounded by trees. It's a nice walk but the insects are terrible in the summer time.

There is another trail that is shorter but it is nicer. It is paved and there isn't nearly as many trees.

• Brohoof 1

There's a massive reserve about 20 minutes from my house. I drive down there every now and then and just go for a long walk. There's a huge lake and a lot of different paths that takes you through the forest and the nearby farm. It's very peaceful and the perfect place to get lost in nature.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, The Wife of Law said:

There is a very long trail here used for walks, bike riding, four wheeling, and horseback riding. It is gravel and surrounded by trees. It's a nice walk but the insects are terrible in the summer time.

There is another trail that is shorter but it is nicer. It is paved and there isn't nearly as many trees.

Oh my! Insects can b-be um, buzzing in the heat, yes. I still adore them, but it can feel a little like being in a crowd. The very long trail sounds lovely~ 

14 hours ago, Cash_In said:

There's a massive reserve about 20 minutes from my house. I drive down there every now and then and just go for a long walk. There's a huge lake and a lot of different paths that takes you through the forest and the nearby farm. It's very peaceful and the perfect place to get lost in nature.

The lake ssounds so nice in solitude. Huge lakes like that always remind me of um, ~Arthurian mythology~ and the feeling of history submerged in nature. How others might have explored this~ Peaceful ^^

7 hours ago, elainao said:

My favorite place to walk is in the nature, near a stream or a Lake where you can see the reflection on the water, feel the wind vibrate between the trees and where you see the Birds fly. And if there is a Hill in the neighbourhood to top it off, it would be great so u can end your walk with a great view. 

T-the reflection you see in nature always feels different then the mirrors in your home. So tranquil and soundless;;; rushing streams and the pitter patter of water over pebbles!

34 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

The bike trail near my house. I've seen deer(and a fawn!) there. Rabbits, raccoons, once a skunk, and I've heart but not seen coyotes and owls.

Oh my gosh!!!!~ So many animals! I can sometimes hear owls above the roof in the countryside, otters around riverbeds, many rabbits, badgers, foxes. I-I don't see many deers near where I live, I would adore to see more. They remind me a little of Rainbow and Rarity. So elegant and *quick*!~ 

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, FlutterGail said:

The lake ssounds so nice in solitude. Huge lakes like that always remind me of um, ~Arthurian mythology~ and the feeling of history submerged in nature. How others might have explored this~ Peaceful ^^

Oh yeah, I get that. But yeah, it's very peaceful. Sometimes I just sit down and watch the ducks the swim. :)

At my old house, there was a small forest nearby, so I liked to go there every once in awhile. I knew the land owner and had their permission, so I wasn't trespassing.

Also, when I was in college, I'd normally go jogging down street sidewalks. Not my favorite place to go walking/jogging, but it was in a large city so I couldn't really go anywhere else except for the YMCA, which I did go a few times.

• Brohoof 1

Recently found a new great spot to go for a walk. It's a longer and tougher route, but it takes you right through a forest and mountain and ends with you walking over a bridge above a river, then past a camping area near the shore.

Edited by Cash In