Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Everfree adventure: Search for the Void Stone!

AmberDust

OOC thread:http://mlpforums.com/topic/121090-practice-rping-the-mane-cast/page-1

Long ago, when Discord was still at the peak of his chaotic reign, before the Royal Sister's intervention, an extremely powerful unicorn resided in the land of Equestria. His name was Zealos, and he held the title of the Archmage. Being well-informed about the unicorn’s unmatched powers, Discord sought to use him in the creation of a very important item. Against his will, Zealos began working on a project known as the Void Stone: an artefact capable of nullifying every single known spell in the universe – even the Elements of Harmony. With this stone in his possession, Discord planned on becoming invincible, and his chaotic rule would be sure to last forever.

However, Zealos managed to use his own cunning to trick the wicked king. Although he did complete the Void Stone, the Archmage presented Discord with a mere copy; a fake one. Believing he held the spell shield needed to confront Celestia and Luna, Discord was ultimately defeated by the Elements of Harmony and peace returned to Equestria.

As the tale goes, Zealos hid the real Void Stone somewhere deep inside the Everfree Forest, in a place nopony would ever be able to find. It is rumoured that whoever manages to find this artifact will be provided with 6 wishes, each one representing the 6 different elements of harmony. The endless possibilities promised by these wishes have sent many brave adventures after the Void Stone, with no success...
Not yet.

Fluttershy trembled where she stood.
"Oh, do we really need to go in...there?" She whimpered, gazing forward into the Everfree forest. Dark expanses of plant wriggled as the group of six marched forward.
"I mean, for all we know, this Void Stone might not even exist, right?" The Pegasus said, nervously. She looked to her friends for support, but they all stood strong and ready for a new adventure. Darn it. All of our adventures bring us into places that are dark and scary! Why aren't there any magical relics hidden in nurseries or meadows? Fluttershy whined quietly as they stepped into the forest.

It had been a few days earlier (when he was reminiscing about his lovely days before being turned to stone) when Discord mentioned this relic. Celestia was shocked to hear that the Void Stone wasn't just a rumour, and sent out for help immediately to find it and, if necessary, destroy it. Discord was to be kept in the castle, however, in case he "tried anything".
Well that's just not fair, is it? Fluttershy thought to herself, but in reality, she was glad he was someplace safe. Besides, if he wasn't there, there probably wouldn't be any fights between the friends.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 2

@@AmberDust,

@@Yoshi89,

@@Lume WMj,@@The Shadow Stallion,@@~Sassy Dashie~,

"Ah reckon so, sugar cube." Applejack replied, her gaze following Fluttershy's, feeling a shiver run down her spine. She ventured into the Everfree Forest plenty of times before, sure, but that fact was no comfort to her in the slightest. Especially now that they were now tasked to find something that, for all they knew, could bring about untold catastrophes if found!

"I mean, for all we know, this Void Stone might not even exist, right?" Fluttershy asked. "Well, we won't know fer sure until we check it out!" AJ said, turning her eyes to look at the Pegasus before addressing the leader of their posse. "Any idea as ta where ta start lookin, Twi'?"

As much as she didn't want to admit it to herself, Discord's help would be a boon to them, as it would cut their time in the unruly forest to just a fraction of what she imagined may very well be an overnight trip. Better not let Fluttershy or even Rarity know that however, or BOTH of them will be fussin' and tellin' the news!

Well, there was nothing they could do about it now. They were here to potentially save Equestria again, and Applejack would be a rotten apple to back down from that!

Applejack continued forward as she awaited Twilight's response, trotting a little closer to Fluttershy for reassurance."Once this is all taken care of, we can all go home and rest easy! Maybe over some apple cider, how does that sound?"

You might wanna mention everyone, so they know you're addressing them... Oh well, I mentioned everyone anyhow!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 2

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

"Oh, do we really need to go in...there?" Pinkie heard Fluttershy whimper from the far right of the group.  Pinkie bounced over as Applejack replied "Ah reckon so, sugar cube."  I have to admit it to myself...even I'm a little nervous. Pinkie thought as Fluttershy spoke again.

"I mean, for all we know, this Void Stone might not even exist, right?"

Pinkie Pie was about to reply when Applejack said "Well, we won't know fer sure until we check it out!".

Pinkie Pie was nervous to be going into the everfree forest, but she was also super duper excited.  Who knows what fun there is awaiting us?  She thought to herself. Or...what danger is awaiting us... her excitement started to ebb away. 

But what they where doing was for the good of Equestria, and Pinkie promised herself she would do whatever it takes to get the stone, if it was real.

A butterfly fluttered past and Pinkie instantly trotted after it, giggling as it flapped it's colorful wings.

Pinkie glanced over she shoulder and saw Applejack scoot a little closer to Fluttershy, saying "Once this is all taken care of, we can all go home and rest easy! Maybe over some apple cider, how does that sound?" to reassure Fluttershy.

"Apple cider?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, skipping over to them.

"I haven't had any in forever!" Pinkie sighed, longing for it.

• Brohoof 1

Staring down through the forest’s narrow path of entrance with a confident look in her eyes, Twilight Sparkle, calm and collected, stood between her friends. The bright sun that gave life to Equestria shone gloriously upon the six ponies, but suddenly vanished near the shadows of the Everfree, adding up to the eerie aspect of it all. With a deep breath, the young Princess took a step forward.

“Don’t worry, girls. We’ll be fine!” Said Twilight, reassuring. “All we gotta do is track down this Void Stone thing… wherever it may be, and take it to Princess Celestia as soon as possible. It shouldn’t be too hard!... Right?” As much as she tried to comfort her companions, deep inside she was fairly apprehensive. Coming from someone like Discord, Twilight would never be able to believe that such stone existed – her books, nor the archives in Canterlot, had never spoken about this Zealos pony, much less about his deeds. But Celestia – her eternal mentor – seemed worried enough about it. Not to mention, Twilight would be the last living being in the planet to refuse a request from the Royal Princess of the Sun. In a split of a second, shivers were sent through her entire body, clenching tight her wings, as she promptly shook it off and focused back on the mission at hooves.

"Any idea as ta where ta start lookin, Twi'?"

“Celestia did mention that there should be a temple of some sort a couple of hours of walk from here, although it should’ve caved in after a few thousand years, don’t you think?… Either way, we already have somewhere to start at, so that’s good! This map will surely help us out.” Twilight then proceeded to pull out from her saddlebag a rather large map of the Everfree Forest. A small red circle was marked near the middle of it with the word ‘temple?’ scribbled below. After inspecting the chart for a few seconds, the purple Alicorn grew a smile on her face as she turned her head towards Rainbow Dash.

@@The Shadow Stallion

“Doesn’t this kinda remind you of the Daring Do stories, Dash?”

• Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD, @@AmberDust, @@~Sassy Dashie~, @@Lume WMj, @@The Shadow Stallion,

As Rarity stared wide-eyed into the endless Everfree Forest, only one thought crossed her mind: Why does this always happen to me on spa day with Fluttershy? She would give anything to let Lotus and Aloe massage her troubles away while soaking in a mud bath but alas it was not meant to be that day.

She lowered her brow at Fluttershy as she mentioned the thing they would be looking for might not even exist. "Well, it had better!" she retorted, "I am not about to go be led on some wild goose chase in the Everfree Forest for naught! It would be the worst possible thing!"

She expected any stares from the other five friends, knowing her status as the drama queen of the Mane Six. Undeterred, she kept her pace with the group, keeping an eye out for any ruffians in the forest. Rarity only picked up on Applejack's conversation at the mention of cider. She figured she'd need a whole barrel just to blot out any uncouth memories of this experience.

Rarity then glanced over Twilight's withers at the map, unimpressed with its contents. "That looks like something Sweetie Belle could draw," she remarked. "How would I not know if some riffraff's playing mind games with us?" She hoped at least Rainbow Dash's love for reading would help the group, at least. Their adventure so far did sound like something out of a Daring Do book.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 2

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

Taking comfort is Twilight's words, Pinkie bounced over to rarity, glancing at Rainbow Dash when Twilight asked about the map and how it reminded her of the Daring Do Books.

Keeping pace with the rest of the group, Pinkie noticed that she was thirsty.  Her mouth dry, she murmured to herself "Probably all that cider talking!" she couldn't help but to giggle.

She noticed Rarity's ears prick, and Pinkie decided to take her mind off of her thirst by chatting.

"Rarity!" Pinkie said, skipping over to the white unicorn.  Then, pinkie tripped on a bramble, landing on the ground face forward. 

She sat up, rubbing her head.

@@~Sassy Dashie~

@@Yoshi89

"Oh, do be more careful, Pinkie!" Fluttershy said reproachfully. "We can't just run around willy-nilly without paying attention. Somepony might get hurt, or worse, lost!"

The shy pegasus shuddered at the thought of being trapped alone in the forest, even for just a few moments. Helping Pinkie back to her hooves, she gazed over to Rarity and offered her a sympathetic smile. It wasn't difficult to figure out that this unicorn had her mind elsewhere...namely, the spa.

"I think a trip to the spa will feel a lot nicer after a day like this," she said, trying to cheer up her friend. "And we'll certainly need it!"

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

(( OOC: I guess I'll just move on... Hopefully this won't cause any complications. :c ))

"That looks like something Sweetie Belle could draw," she remarked. "How would I not know if some riffraff's playing mind games with us?"

"It's not about how good the drawing is, Rarity. It's about getting us to our destination safely. After all, you wouldn't want to get lost in this mucky, humid place along with all of those nasty insects, would you?" Twilight replied with a giggle, jokingly attempting to alarm the white unicorn.

"Well... To be honest, I don't know about this whole Void Stone deal either... I've never heard of it before." She continued speaking, whilst studying the map further. "But I trust Princess Celestia's words more than anything. If she asked us to find this stone, we are definitely going to find it, no matter what. And I'm counting on you guys!" With that, she levitated the map and carefully folded it back into the saddlebag. She then pointed at a specific direction between the odd-looking trees of the Everfree Forest. "According to the map, if we move southeast from here, we should reach the supposed ruins before the sunset. Let's not waste any more time." She concluded, moving to the front of the group and expecting the others to follow her.

While she was looking at the charts, Twilight overheard her friends conversing about spa and apple cider. She was glad that they managed to relax and have fun, but as for herself, she was way too preoccupied with the task she had been entrusted with. Her top priority was to retrieve the artifact and get back to Ponyville as quickly as possible - mainly due to the fact that she didn't want to hang around in that forest for too long.

• Brohoof 3

@Hypn0ticD, @AmberDust, @~Sassy Dashie~, @Lume WMj, @The Shadow Stallion,

Rarity tried not to let Twilight's warning enter her mind but hearing about the dangers of the Everfree Forest made the fair unicorn shiver. She flicked her mane in case mosquitoes or bats dared to come anywhere near her. She also checked her hooves for ants routinely, wincing at the thought of any hiding on the bottoms there. While Twilight wasn't looking, Rarity flashed her a dirty look.

Her expression mellowed as she conversed with the other ponies on what they wanted to do after this adventure had ended. As the group trudged deeper into the Everfree, Rarity put those thoughts to rest. She still caught up with Fluttershy to reassure her. "We shall, Fluttershy. How about we focus on the task at hoof first?"

Rarity turned her head at the sound of Pinkie Pie calling her name only to discover the pink mare flat on her face on the dirt path. "Pinkie Pie!" she called, trotted to her side. "Are you hurt, darling?"

Edited by Yoshi89

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

Blinking, Pinkie looked up and Rarity, spitting out dirt.  "I'm fine." Pinkie said, her tone a little less cheerful. 

Fluttershy bounded over and said a few words of comfort before helping the pink earth pony to her hooves.  "Thanks Fluttershy" Pinkie said, nodding gratefully.

She noticed that Twilight was father up ahead than herself, Rarity and Fluttershy.  "Come on girls, let's catch up!" Pinkie said, her gaze flickering to Rarity, then Fluttershy.

Smiling once more, Pinkie bounced up and down beside her friends, this time being sure to keep an eye on the ground in front of her.

When she was almost back in line with the rest of her group, she saw an odd looking lizard on a tree.

"Oooo!" She exclaimed, giggling.  She was about to point it out to Rarity and Fluttershy when a thought hit her.  I should probably pay more attention to the mission...and to where I'm putting my hooves.  Don't want to trip again!

With one more glance at the lizard, Pinkie skipped ahead, trotting next to Applejack in the right of the group.

(So sorry I'm late, but no one PM'd me we were starting x.x)

Rainbow Dash had been zoning out, fantasizing about how this mission might bring her even more fame. The famous Rainbow Dash, protector of equestria, seeker and finder of the void stone. She liked the sound of it. She was smiling at the thought and then realized the others had been talking and Twilight had even adressed her. In truth she had also been fantasizing about the rumor that the void stone granted wishes. She already knew what her wish would be.

"Huh what, sorry. I was just thinking about that whole void stone thing." Dash said. "Come on you guys, quit being so scared. We'll get that stone and be back before sunset." Rainbow Dash was in rather high spirits, despite the dismal beginning of this adventure. It may have helped that she had been reading some Daring Do just as she was called on to this quest.

Rainbow Dash had been walking along with the rest, but decided to fly a little bit above the group, maybe to get a better vantage point. "So what are we looking for, Twilight?" Dash asked as she peered around excitedly.

• Brohoof 2

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

Pinkie Pie, who was next to Applejack, looked up at Rainbow Dash as she said "Come on you guys, quit being so scared. We'll get that stone and be back before sunset."

I hope. I hate going to sleep without a midnight snack...  Pinkie said to herself, admiring Dash's high spirits.

"I hope so! So far this hasn't been any fun!" Pinkie said, squinting her eyes.

Pinkie Pie had to admit to herself, she was actually becoming rather bored.  Nopony seemed to be in the mood for conversation, and she loved conversation.

But she can understand why, having to go on a mission like this when already having plans...but then again, they were saving Equestria.  She kept that thought in her mind as she bounced along the path with her friends.

Up from the sky above, Pinkie heard Rainbow Dash speak once more.  "So what are we looking for, Twilight?"

Pinkie turned her cheerful smile towards Twilight, awaiting an answer.  Maybe a few of us can search ahead.  That would be fun.

"So what are we looking for, Twilight?" Dash asked as she peered around excitedly.

"I don't know exactly what it looks like, but our stone is supposed to be hidden somewhere inside an ancient temple of some sort... Or at least that's what I've been told... Anyhow, we should be searching for any kind of odd-looking buildings and ruins... As if nothing else in this place was odd-looking..." Twilight responded, pensive. At that point, the young princess was just thinking out loud. She had too many unanswered question troubling her mind: the Everfree Forest map she had awkwardly drawn in just a few minutes was the only clue they had at that point - strangely enough, not even Celestia could explain in details what their quest was about. Although she tried to hide it, she was feeling quite nervous without a solid plan.

Only after a few more seconds after answering Rainbow Dash's question did Twilight look up to find the cerulean pegasus flying slightly above the group, near the treetops.

"L-Let's try not to split up, okay? Things would only get worse if we drift away from the map's course!" She said rather worried. She slowed down her pace slightly as she spoke.

• Brohoof 1

@@Lume WMj, @@~Sassy Dashie~, @@The Shadow Stallion, @@AmberDust, @@Hypn0ticD,

The more Rarity heard about the temple, the more her nerves revved up about the unspeakable horrors inside from moss-ridden floors to cobweb-ridden ceilings along with other susceptible building code violations. Rainbow Dash flying above provided some comfort, she knew her pegasus friend could find what they were looking for at a quicker pace. She had to watch her withers around her, though, as she was usually at the plot end of her practical jokes.

Rarity still tried to keep her spirits up, even as Pinkie Pie admitted she wasn't having any fun. "Every time we go to the Everfree Forest, I have a lot of fun," Rarity told Pinkie. "I cannot for the life of me think of a place I would rather be, except maybe a dungeon or a room with Prince Blueblood."

As Twilight slowed her pace, Rarity and Applejack were able to catch up with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy close behind. Rarity hated when Twilight got nervous because it made her nervous, too. "Does that map even show a trail?" she asked Twilight before offering some wishful thinking. "Maybe it will lead to a four-star salon."

• Brohoof 2

"Ah you're worrying too much Twilight." Rainbow Dash said, turning so where she was flying upside down. She reclined as she did so and looked down at the group.

"Besides, if what you're saying is true we're just going into some dusty old ruins and finding a magical rock. Now how hard does that sound?" Dash continued. She wondered how easy Daring Doo would think this mission would be.

When Rainbow Dash heard Rarity's remark she groaned. "Oh come on, Rarity. We're going on an adventure here and all you can think about is a salon or spa? Think about it, that rock might look better then any gem in your shop." Dash then paused for a moment, wondering if this brand of encouragement might make Rarity want to keep that Voidstone one they got their hooves on it.

• Brohoof 3

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

Pinkie Pie was still gazing at Twilight as she replied to Rainbow Dash.  When Twilight ended saying not to split up, Pinkie sighed.  It's probably the safest choice.  Pinkie though, beginning to brighten her spirits. 

She turned as Rarity spoke to her from behind. "Every time we go to the Everfree Forest, I have a lot fun,"  Rarity said to pinkie. "I cannot for the life of me think of a place I would rather be, except maybe a dungeon or a room with Prince Blueblood."

Pinkie managed to giggle a little. "Oh Rarity, you have the best thoughts." Pinkie Pie said, her eyes closed as she chuckled.

"Ah, you're worrying too much Twilight." Pinkie turned her gaze once more as Rainbow Dash spoke.  Pinkie had agree.

Pinkie picked up her pace to fall in beside Twilight.  In the process she heard another comment from Rarity, witch made her laugh a little.  "Rarity dose have the best comments" Pinkie said to herself.

As Pinkie Pie arrived at Twilight's side, she tried to think of something comforting to say.  Maybe she could throw a party when they got back.

"Don't worry Twilight, no matter what happens, you're always going to have your friends by your side," She paused, stepping over a rather large rock. "And maybe we could even have a party after this, to celebrate our achievement."  Pinkie ended.

(edited)

@@AmberDust,@@Yoshi89, @@Lume WMj, @@The Shadow Stallion, @@~Sassy Dashie~,

Applejack caught Pinkie Pie flitter in and out of her peripheral vision as she did her best to reassure Fluttershy, and turned to lock eyes with the pink mare, as she had cried out gleefully. "Apple cider?!" Pinkie exclaimed, a look of longing in her eyes, "I haven't had any in forever!"

"Yes, Pinkie, apple cider." Applejack said, shaking her head a little and rolling her eyes, "but only after we get back from our little excursion! Then everypony can have all the cider they'd like!"

Applejack then looked ahead to Twilight, who was the first to take a step into the dark forest. “Don’t worry, girls. We’ll be fine!” the princess said with a seeming air of confidence, but followed up with, “All we gotta do is track down this Void Stone thing… wherever it may be, and take it to Princess Celestia as soon as possible. It shouldn’t be too hard!... Right?”

AJ smiled. Twilight was really trying to keep morale up, she really was. "It's okay, Twi. We'll find this stone, and hoof it over to Celestia herself afore ya know it!"

Applejack didn't know if she should've, or would've believed her own statement, but forced a smile upon her face anyhow. If Twilight wanted to keep "Well, there's no sense in settin' 'round here and burnin' daylight. Let's go see if we can find that stone! Any idea as ta where ta start lookin, Twi'?" AJ asked as the party set hoof into the forest.

“Celestia did mention that there should be a temple of some sort a couple of hours of walk from here, although it should’ve caved in after a few thousand years, don’t you think?… Either way, we already have somewhere to start at, so that’s good! This map will surely help us out.” Twilight replied, pulling said item from her saddlebag. Applejack watched as Twilight looked at the map for a moment, then smiled. Did it say where to go? “Doesn’t this kinda remind you of the Daring Do stories, Dash?”

"I am not about to go be led on some wild goose chase in the Everfree Forest for naught! It would be the worst possible thing!"

Applejack looked up to cyan Pegasus, but failed to catch her answer as she found herself looking over at Rarity, and rolled her eyes as she responded to Fluttershy. "We'll find it, Rarity. Twilight's got the map, so we should be fine!"

AJ continued to keep pace with Fluttershy as she watched her fair Unicorn friend peer over the princess' withers. "That looks like something Sweetie Belle could draw! How would I not know if some riffraff's playing mind games with us?"

'Maybe because he is! We ARE dealing with Discord, after all!' Applejack thought. But this does seem like an adventure Daring Do herself would take! Wonder what Dash thinks a' this...'

"How you holdin' up, Fluttershy?" Applejack asked as the crew continued to make their way deeper into the Everfree. She caught sight of Pinkie Pie once again moving, this time toward Rarity, only to trip and face plant hard.

AJ winced, and was about to say something, but the taciturn Pegasus beat her to it. "Oh, do be more careful, Pinkie! We can't just run around willy-nilly without paying attention. Somepony might get hurt, or worse, lost!"

"Flutterhy's right, Pinkie Pie. Try not to let every little thing distract ya. Last tgin we need's you goin' and gettin' yourself lost!" Applejack flanked Pinkie opposite Fluttershy as the latter mentioned an admittedly ever-increasing necessary trip to the spa; she supposed she could do with their near Equestria-famous massages.

Applejack then focused her attention on the duo ahead, as she decided it would be best to shift her focus back to the task at hoof. It seemed that Rarity was being picky about how the map was drawn, and Twilight making some some of joking remark. Prolly about bugs and mud or something like that, 'cause Rarity was looking down at her hooves every two seconds and glare at Twilight whilst she continued to study the map.

"Well... To be honest, I don't know about this whole Void Stone deal either... I've never heard of it before." The princess said, still studying the map. "But I trust Princess Celestia's words more than anything. If she asked us to find this stone, we are definitely going to find it, no matter what. And I'm counting on you guys!"

"You got it, Twi! Void Stone or bust!" AJ said as Twilight placed the map back in her saddlebag. The Alicorn then pointed to some rather gnarly looking trees. "According to the map, if we move southeast from here, we should reach the supposed ruins before the sunset. Let's not waste any more time."

Applejack wasted no time in following Twilight, as the others seemed to focus back on what needed to be done, only losing Pinkie for just a moment more before finally setting off on their quest properly. "You heard Twi, everypony! Time's a' wastin'!"

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD, @@~Sassy Dashie~, @@The Shadow Stallion, @@Lume WMj, @@AmberDust,

Rarity sneered at Rainbow Dash until she started talking about the stone. "As nice as it may look," she said, "I would dare not sell the Void Stone as part of a dress line. It would look unconvincing and tacky on an outfit but I may use it for decoration in my boutique."

Pinkie's observations about Rarity made her chuckle a little, putting her more at ease. "Well, darling," she told her. "You sure aren't the Element of Laughter for nothing." As she lightly chuckled, she checked ahead of where she and her friends were heading. The forest seemed to get darker with each step she took, not that strange since she knew the Everfree Forest was like this. Her breaths became slightly more concentrated as each passing tree seemed to cast a more prominent glare at her. Gone were Rarity's fears about the tiny inhabitants of the forest, replaced by the bigger horrors lurking somewhere to take her away. Suddenly, she heard something creak and pop in the brush behind her and she turned her head just in time to see a tree fall over. If Rarity's face wasn't already white, it would be now with fright.

"D-did a-any of you girls hear that?" Rarity whimpered.

• Brohoof 2

"Does that map even show a trail?" she asked Twilight before offering some wishful thinking. "Maybe it will lead to a four-star salon."

"I hate to say that, but I don't think we're headed towards a salon..." Twilight replied, briefly picturing herself getting a beauty treatment and smiling at the image. "But yes, the map does show a trail... Well, not really... It's more like a straight line than anything else, to be honest. But that's why we can't risk taking the wrong turn - it's a very specific route." She concluded, trying to make her plan sound more complex than it actually was.

"Ah you're worrying too much Twilight." Rainbow Dash said, turning so where she was flying upside down. She reclined as she did so and looked down at the group. "Besides, if what you're saying is true we're just going into some dusty old ruins and finding a magical rock. Now how hard does that sound?"

She looked down, taking comfort in Rainbow Dash's determination. "...Yeah, I guess you're right. Perhaps I'm overreacting after all."

"Don't worry Twilight, no matter what happens, you're always going to have your friends by your side," She paused, stepping over a rather large rock. "And maybe we could even have a party after this, to celebrate our achievement."

Twilight smiled brightly as the pink pony bounced around. "Heheh!... Thanks a lot, girls. I know I can count on you all." The young princess then promptly hopped forward, once again to the front of the group, and turned around in order to face the others.

"We have been to this forest many times before. We may not know exactly where to go, or what to do, but our friendship has pulled us through every single challenge that stood before us. We will find the Void Stone before sunset, together!" She raised one hoof up in the air, in a triumphant manner.

"Let's go!!" 

Her excitement died out in a matter of seconds, for loud and unpleasant creaking sounds broke the forest's eerie silence, followed by a tree suddenly falling to the ground. Immediately, Twilight froze in fright.

She really wished she could say that it was probably just a squirrel or a bird, but no ordinary critter would be able to cause such fracas. She glanced over at each of her friends as a trembling smile slowly formed on her face.

"W-we should get m-moving now. Fast!!"

• Brohoof 1

Dash looked in the direction of the noise, but spotted nothing. She did admit to herself that she was a little bit nervous now, but not much. "Y-yeah, maybe we should start picking up the pace a little. We are supposed to arrive there and back ASAP, right?" Dash said.Her perspective then changed as she thought again about Daring Doo on her adventures. Dash thought it might be their own arch nemesis much like Daring Doo's. This started to excite Rainbow Dash as she thought that maybe they'd have an epic battle or something over the void stone. Then she, Rainbow Dash, would take the stone, escape the villain with her friends, and get all sorts of fame and glory. Just like that, Dash's spirits were up again, if not higher, she wondered who their arch nemesis would be now. Some doctor or something that wanted the void stone for some evil world dominating purpose that they would inevitably foil. By Celestia she hoped that is what would happen."How much farther do we have to go, Twilight?" Dash asked, still flying a few feet above the group.

Dash looked in the direction of the noise, but spotted nothing. She did admit to herself that she was a little bit nervous now, but not much. "Y-yeah, maybe we should start picking up the pace a little. We are supposed to arrive there and back ASAP, right?" Dash said.Her perspective then changed as she thought again about Daring Doo on her adventures. Dash thought it might be their own arch nemesis much like Daring Doo's. This started to excite Rainbow Dash as she thought that maybe they'd have an epic battle or something over the void stone. Then she, Rainbow Dash, would take the stone, escape the villain with her friends, and get all sorts of fame and glory. Just like that, Dash's spirits were up again, if not higher, she wondered who their arch nemesis would be now. Some doctor or something that wanted the void stone for some evil world dominating purpose that they would inevitably foil. By Celestia she hoped that is what would happen."How much farther do we have to go, Twilight?" Dash asked, still flying a few feet above the group.

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust, @@Yoshi89, @@Lume WMj, @@The Shadow Stallion, @@~Sassy Dashie~,

((Gonna try to cover what I left out, then go right on to the latest posts...

Also, quick quotes to better adhere to the RP!))

Applejack continued onward alongside Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy as she overheard Rainbow Dash respond to Twilight's inquiry. "Huh what, sorry. I was just thinking about that whole void stone thing. Come on you guys, quit being so scared. We'll get that stone and be back before sunset." Rainbow Dash said as she took to the air.

"I hope so!" Pinkie chimed in. "So far this hasn't been any fun!"

"Pinkie, this mission ain't supposed to be fun. We need ta get that stone afore it gets into the wrong hooves."

"So what are we looking for, Twilight?"

AJ heard Rainbow Dash ask, and turned her focus to catch sight of the Pegasus looking around excitedly. She then turned her attention back to Twilight as she responded.

"I don't know exactly what it looks like, but our stone is supposed to be hidden somewhere inside an ancient temple of some sort... Or at least that's what I've been told... Anyhow, we should be searching for any kind of odd-looking buildings and ruins... As if nothing else in this place was odd-looking..."

Twilight then looked up to Rainbow Dash and added,

"L-Let's try not to split up, okay? Things would only get worse if we drift away from the map's course!"

She had a fair point. The Everfree was home to Timber Wolves, Manticores and Cragadiles-- all of which Applejack didn't care to tango with again if she, or any of her friends could help it!

"Every time we go to the Everfree Forest, I have a lot of fun," Rarity said to Pinkie. "I cannot for the life of me think of a place I would rather be, except maybe a dungeon or a room with Prince Blueblood."

Blueblood?! Didn't Rarity find him to be utterly repulsive at the Grand Galloping Gala? Still, that sounded just like Rarity to wanna get trapped in a place just so she be rescued by a prince or a knight... Applejack rolled her eyes. Didn't that mare realize how strong she truly was?! As girly and frou-frou as she was, Rarity would more than likely end up doing the rescuing!

Applejack found herself catching up to the princess just when Rarity suggested that there may be a four star salon somewhere... Who in their right mind?!

"Oh come on, Rarity. We're going on an adventure here and all you can think about is a salon or spa? Think about it, that rock might look better then any gem in your shop."

"Ain't nopony gonna take the stone home with 'em, Dash. We're ta give it ta Princess Celestia post haste!" Applejack said a little more firmly than she intended; she supposed it was just nerves. From what she heard about the Void Stone, it sounded plane evil! She shuddered at the mere thought of it. Best just to get on with the quest!

"Don't worry Twilight, no matter what happens, you're always going to have your friends by your side! And maybe we could even have a party after this, to celebrate our achievement."

Pinkie said as she fell in line with Twilight. Applejack couldn't help but smile at that. She was a hundred percent right about her friends having her back! And what party would be complete without her family's trademark apple cider along with some apple pie and fritters??

"As nice as it may look," she said, "I would dare not sell the Void Stone as part of a dress line. It would look unconvincing and tacky on an outfit but I may use it for decoration in my boutique."

Was she INSANE?! Applejack whipped her head to glare at the white Unicorn when she heard a loud pop nearby, which made Applejack's ears droop and her blood run cold.

"Uh huh... And Ah sure don't wanna find out what that was!"

As if that sound wasn't enough to spook the party of ponies, Applejack heard more popping noises before catching sight of a rather large tree fall over.

As if she needed to be told? Applejack turned on her hoof and bolted further into the ever-blackening forest, hoping that the others were doing the same, and hoped even more that she was still on the trail...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fluttershy jumped at the sound of the tree crashing to the ground. She huddled closer to her friends nervously.

"M-Maybe we should go back?" She said, looking around for support. "I mean, today doesnt really feel like an adventuring day, right? I-I think I hear Angel calling me. I must have forgotten to feed her this morn--" Fluttershy's voice suddenly trailed off from her nervous ramble as her eyes fixated on the fallen tree. Hardly believing what she saw, she squinted to get a better look. Her eyes widened and her heart began to race as a pair of red eyes glimmered behind fallen trunk. Fluttershy jumped into the air and let out a horrified scream:

"MONSTER!!"

And with that, she was off, sprinting as fast as she could. Each hoofbeat pounded in her eardrums as she felt Applejack pass her. Panting heavily, she didn't dare look back. Her mane whipped about violently in the branches and her muscles screamed for her to stop.

Calm down, Calm down, CALM DOWN, the mare thought, eyes brimming. This mission is very important! No matter how scary it is!

Fluttershy tried to concentrate her mind on the mission. Getting lost would be the worst thing to do, so if she was going to run, it should at least be in be right direction!

If I had that Void Stone now, I'd wish I was at home, she thought to herself. She tried to locate Twilight through all the commotion, but she couldn't spot the Alicorn anywhere.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cried frantically. "Help! What do we do?" Tears began streaming down her face as she ran and ran. What is that thing, she thought, and why does it have to chase ponies!?

Edited by AmberDust

Rainbow Dash had been caught offguard, having been lost in her own thoughts. She just noticed that Fluttershy had shouted 'MONSTER!' and the rest of her friends had taken off at a full gallop. "HEY! WAIT FOR ME!" Dash shouted as she chased after her friends. She beat her wings and easily managed to catch up to them. "Whats going on, what monster, where?" She asked quickly, looking around as she kept pace. She didn't see a branch though and was closelined by it, falling and hitting the ground. "Argh!" She muttered as her back hit the ground. She groaned in pain.

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust, @@Yoshi89, @@Lume WMj, @@The Shadow Stallion, @@~Sassy Dashie~,

To say Applejack was racing like the wind would be a massive understatement, as she dared not care to see what it was that felled the tree. She barely noticed that she passed her timid friend as she galloped headlong further into the tenebrous forest, as fast as her legs could carry her. Oh, why did the creatures of the Everfree have to come after them every time they were on a mission?!

AJ heard Rainbow Dash not too far behind her, calling out for the others to wait for her. She turned her head to tell Dash to keep up, but caught sight of the Pegasus clothesline herself against a branch, then hit the ground hard.

"DASH~!" Applejack yelled, turning on her hoof and galloping back over to her fallen friend. In one fluid motion, Applejack grabbed the Pegasus by the tail with her teeth, fling her onto her back, then turned and ran deeper into the woods at full gallop. "Ain't no way Ah'm lettin' any of my friends get eaten by a monster in the Everfree!"

((Angel Bunny's a male, BTW))

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust,
@@Yoshi89,
@@Lume WMj,

@@The Shadow Stallion

@@Hypn0ticD

((Sorry I'm so late :( I've been busy))

A huge smile covered Pinkie's face as Twilight replied to her.  Pinkie was about to reply to Twilight when she heard popping noises from a bush behind her.  Pinkie's cheerful expression faded to horror as she turned her head to see a tree fall over, followed by Rarity's terrified voice

"I wish I hadn't!" Pinkie said, twisting her head to look at Twilight as she spoke. "W-we should get m-moving now. Fast!!"

Pinkie didn't bother replying, she just wanted to get away from it, whatever it was.  She frantically picked up her pace until she was running next to Twilight, her tail streaming out behind her.

"MONSTER!!" Pinkie pie heard Fluttershy cry out. 

Pinkie Pie instantly forced herself to go faster, closing her eyes tight as she ran for her life.  She then heard a faint thump behind her.

She forced herself to open her eyes and skid to a halt.  As she did, she saw Applejack race by.  Then Pinkie Pie saw Rainbow Dash laying on the ground farther back.  Pinkie Pie gasped, hurrying over to Applejack as the orange mare picked up Dash and hauled her onto her back.

"Dash! Are you okay?!" Pinkie asked in terror, racing behind Applejack.