gaming What Fighting Game Do You Actually Enjoy Playing and Somewhat Good At?

Tohru Adachi

Fighting games eh?

I was good in Tekken 6, using Bob/Leo/Law. Gotta love those powerpunch. I don't juggle unfortunately.

Then Street Fighter 4 came in. I was good with Zangief ONLY

Then Blazblue. I was pretty good with Tager.

Then P4A. Following my previous 2 mains, I chose Kanji.

I did play Smash Bros and I like playing Ike/Meta Knight. (YES I KNOW MK IS OP)

For Playstation All Star I used Sly Cooper.

Forgive me if I'm wrong about this assumption, but are you a fan of grapplers, too? If so, 360 degree motion warriors unite! :lol:  I can never get used to 720 degree motions, though; even when using my arcade stick!

It's been a long time since I played a fighting game they were never my strong point in gaming. My favorite I ever played though was Killer Instict that game is soo much fun and now I really wanna play it again..

I really love KI, myself! Were you talking about the original games, or the reboot on Xbox One?

Tekken and Virtua Fighter are two of my favorite series, VF5 being one of my all time favorite fighting games. I also love Killer Instinct, even though that one has it's fair share of flaws. Smash Bros. Is another one that I always love, it is always so fun to play. I have never been a fan of the Capcom fighters or games like it. I honestly can not enjoy those for very long.

I am really looking forward to Tekken 7, it would be amazing if a Virtua Fighter 6 was announced some day. Or at least a VF5 next gen port. I friggin' love that game.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

The new Killer Instinct...love it and can play it well in my opinion  :)

• Brohoof 1

boop.png

---< Fanfic Writer, Music Maker, Film Director and Voice Actor  >---

Don't expect anything incredible though! :D

The original I have never played the One version. 

In my opinion, you're missing out on something awesome! :o  It's pretty faithful to the original games, and its combo system is more accessible; especially the auto doubles. I suggest giving the game a try, if you have an Xbox One. It can be downloaded for free, and you can play as one character at no price; the free character rotates monthly or earlier, I believe.  It's possible to eventually play as all of the characters at least once for free, because of that feature!

The new Killer Instinct...love it and can play it well in my opinion  :)

Nice! Who do you main, 1Bit? I've been stuck with Thunder (I wonder why he isn't a chief, anymore?) since day one, because he's the only grappler at the moment. I'm glad that'll change by the end of the month with the next character of season 2. 

Nice! Who do you main, 1Bit? I've been stuck with Thunder (I wonder why he isn't a chief, anymore?) since day one, because he's the only grappler at the moment. I'm glad that'll change by the end of the month with the next character of season 2. 

Thunder is a good character :lol:  I main Sabrewulf  :P In any fighting game I've always preferred brute strength over tactics and sabrewulf seems to fit that play style  ;) Despite it probably being an awful one in most situations XD

• Brohoof 1

boop.png

---< Fanfic Writer, Music Maker, Film Director and Voice Actor  >---

Don't expect anything incredible though! :D

I'm decent at a number of fighting games, but only with certain characters. xD  For example:

Siegfried / Nightmare from Soul Blade / Calibur

Fulgore from Killer Instinct (SNES, from memory: Hold away, towards A, A, roll away A, A, towards, roll towards X)

Ryu / Ken from Street Fighter

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (harpoon --> leg sweep --> uppercut)

Mario and Ness from Super Smashitup Bros.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

Thunder is a good character :lol:  I main Sabrewulf  :P In any fighting game I've always preferred brute strength over tactics and sabrewulf seems to fit that play style  ;) Despite it probably being an awful one in most situations XD

Awesome. It was common to fight Sabre online during season 1, but I don't see much of him anymore on ranked matches. At least he's a unique pick, then! I'd say the same about Thunder; too many people avoid giving the big lug a chance, because of his slow movement speed. The absurd amount of damage he can do with a fully leveled damage ender makes up for this. 

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, you're missing out on something awesome!   It's pretty faithful to the original games, and its combo system is more accessible; especially the auto doubles. I suggest giving the game a try, if you have an Xbox One. It can be downloaded for free, and you can play as one character at no price; the free character rotates monthly or earlier, I believe.  It's possible to eventually play as all of the characters at least once for free, because of that feature!

I would love to try it but I'm still with a ps3 for a console thats it. I want to buy a one and make the jump to xbox but hurting for money. 

post-15132-0-54339000-1426217384.png

11032266_719830374805341_263116360087086

I'm not gonna say I'm amazing at it, because on a professional level, I really suck. (I main Falco, not Fox :P)

...But I still know some tech skill and can perform it on some occasions.... which that on its own makes me good enough to beat most casual players! But I guess there aren't many bragging rights that come with spamming only SHFFLs and JC shines for stacking up damage, and then only spamming smash attacks or Bairs to finish them off... Except maybe the bragging right that you know what that sentence means and can follow an average pro melee match while still knowing what's happening on the screen XD

Edited by Hocus Pocus

~Hocus Pocus

Ya weni mareh mirekyarahire
Juri yu mirekerason

Kire hyari yoriherahe nyurahera
Nunnyura unera yurawera nihmerani

I just saw an up-to-date, community-fueled tier list for the Xbox One Killer Instinct. Thunder was right at the bottom, as if his match-up potential seemed like common sense to everyone...

During my first (and salty) months playing the game on ranked, I just kept that opinion as a running gag. That stung pretty bad; I didn't think it could actually be true!  :mellow:

Super Smash Bros Melee. I was decent with Dr. Mario and Luigi.

It's the best fighting game there is. All the others are too complicated for me.

I can't handle having to memorize combinations just to do one move.

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

I forgot to mention BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma and King of Fighter's '99, which I've been playing recently. I can combo okay in both games. The latter game has a really cheap final boss.

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

I'm a master at SoulCalibur 2 & 3, and pretty decent at Mortal Kombat in general. I'm not so good at the 2-D fighters like BlazBlue and Skullgirls, but I could still do some pretty neat stuff with them. 2-D fighters are more my best friend's speciality.

I'm bad because I listen to music with swears.

I'm not exactly good at Mortal Kombat, just more or less decent.

I've been a Jax fanboy since MK2; him being a grappler is just a really nice bonus to me. MK9 was great, but the online netcode was deplorable! I actually quit during a match in a King of the Hill lobby; I had awful sportsmanship, back then (After ending up second place, I even told a friend of the winner of a Street Fighter 4 tournament, to "tell him that he's a scrub". Bad times, back then. Bad times...) .

Since Netherealm Studios failed once more with the netcode of Injustice: Gods Among Us, I'm just expecting the trend to stick, for MKX.

The current roster looks nice, and variants were an amazing and unexpected gift; I don't feel too worried about mirror matches now. MK3's stamina meter, is a welcome addition too; zoning won't appear too one-sided to some people now, I assume.

Edited by GreySentinel

I love Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I'm VERY bad at both.

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

I rarely play fighting games but if I do play one, I like the Tekkan series and I like to play as either King or Armor King. I'm not that great at them but sometimes it can be fun. Other times, I notice even on the easiest setting the game will crank up the difficulty and then I wind up ragequitting.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

post-8308-0-24263200-1457089482_zpsceedh