Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Trends?

JakAnimations

Ever since i joined this site I've noticed a trend which I have heard of but never saw until recently. The personalities of people i meet on this site and the friends i have are very different. :)

For example, on the site some of the first replies are people welcoming me to the forums and telling me that if i have any questions, to ask one of them. My friends normally are not this nice, they insult each other, hit each other and general awful to each other.

I know some people knew this already but  didn't and are now just figuring out that the show does change people for the better. :P

Leave anything else you've found out about this topic below. 

• Brohoof 6

Well... i still instult my friends all the time, but in our group, it is just all in good fun.

They do the same with me, and i don´t mind, as long as it is funny.

On the internet, it is harder to have this undertone of not being serious, so i cannot use curse words regularly.

Of course, i don´t do that to people that might feel easily offended, or just don´t like that kind of humor.

So yeah, as weird as it sounds, i think that people are actually generally nicer on the internet.

..at least this part of the internet.

• Brohoof 2

Well... i still instult my friends all the time, but in our group, it is just all in good fun.

They do the same with me, and i don´t mind, as long as it is funny.

On the internet, it is harder to have this undertone of not being serious, so i cannot use curse words regularly.

Of course, i don´t do that to people that might feel easily offended, or just don´t like that kind of humor.

So yeah, as weird as it sounds, i think that people are actually generally nicer on the internet.

..at least this part of the internet.

Amen, this part of the internet is a whole lot nicer than others.

• Brohoof 2

there are a lot of surprisingly nice places on the internet, actually.

Most are just filled with overly saracastic people who have a hard time understanding that their jokes might be hurting someone´s feelings.

Except for youtube comments.That place is just cancer.

• Brohoof 3

I think one of the big things is the reinforcement of the rules by the staff, in particular the Love and Tolerate rule:

Tolerate and love everypony. While we don't quite mean this in the literal sense, we do ask that you remain respectful of other people's opinions and realize that they are, at the end of the day, just opinions rather than grounds for declaring thermonuclear war. Don't flame, don't troll, and you'll be fine. We realize this can be difficult when somebody else attacks you first, but please report them instead. Responding in kind will only get you in trouble along with them and possibly make the whole situation worse for everyone else present when it happens. People want to reply to topics casually, not walk on eggshells around two other bickering members.

I've never spent large amounts of time on any other forums, but when I've come across other forums around the web, a lot of them are toxic. Including other brony sites. MLP Forums seems to have generally stumbled upon a pretty good group of people in general, and while there are occasional trouble makers, most people really seem to want to be here, and be kind to one another.

I'm rather fond of this forum.   :wub:

Also, edited title to be more clear.

• Brohoof 1

I've witnessed many trends in my time here, from the good, to the bad, to the downright stupid. I'm glad to say that most of the time it's either good or I'm just indifferent to it.

For example, on the site some of the first replies are people welcoming me to the forums and telling me that if i have any questions, to ask one of them. My friends normally are not this nice, they insult each other, hit each other and general awful to each other.

They don't sound like true friends. You should cut toxic people out of your life. I'm glad that people have been kind to you here :)

• Brohoof 2