Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should DHX change FIM's theme song?

Soaring Symphony

I recently discovered something amazing.  Over in Italy, the official theme song of FIM sounds like this.

How awesome would it be if the staff at DHX translated this song into English and used it as the theme song for a future season(maybe season six?)??????  What do all you fellow Bronies and Pegasisters think???  Would that be a good Idea????

NOTE:  this video is the extended version of the song.  On the actual episodes of the show, it only lasts about 1 minute or so.  The reason I picked this one specifically is that the only other video I could find (at least in the states anyway) doesn't have the best video quality and appears to be from season 1 (in other words, it's outdated).  Here's the video if you're curious.

Edited by Serenade
  • Brohoof 4

Wow, so very different! I really like what I saw though... I'll have to watch the whole thing later.

When I first started watching the show I thought they'd change the title sequence (or at least SOMETHING) each season, like in many other animated series. They sort of did, but nothing huge is different for EVERY season.

I'd be interested in seeing a new title sequence for future seasons!

Well its much better and less cringeworthy than the one we've got at the moment.

Prefer the Japanese one though.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I think it's too long to be an opener. I know anime does it, but they at least have credits going during it.

Besides, I'm kind of attached to what we have.

Well its much better and less cringeworthy than the one we've got at the moment.

Have to go with this one definitely, i always skip past the intro, its just boring now; they need to spice it up a bit.

Personally, I'm one of the ( fairly few, apparently, ) who really like this current theme.

Not just the music, but it also just gets me nostalgic for the first season of the show, how I felt watching it for the first time, and how simple and modest the show was back then. ( Not that I feel the show has detoriated, mind you; just that, things always have a charm when you first see them that can't be replicated. )

In fact, I might would actually have liked it more if they never did the new animation touches to it.

• Brohoof 2

Have to go with this one definitely, i always skip past the intro, its just boring now; they need to spice it up a bit.

psh. I just skip it because its cringeworthy xD

Like, obviously the shows girly, but the intros just bad to me >.<

Also a fanmade Japanese OP

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 2

Localization differences are sometimes necessary due to language and cultural barriers. Both the Italian and Japanese teams have done fantastic work in adapting the opening to their respective countries. Personally, I think that each version possesses a unique charm, and that the English version perfectly captures the spirit of the show, delighting most children and bronies in the areas receiving that broadcast. Some disagree in this thread, and this wouldn't be the first time I've heard people say they prefer the intros other countries have or that ours is "cringeworthy." Contrarily, I know a lot of people feel as I do, and there's nothing quite like the experience of being in a massive auditorium of bronies at a convention while they sing the theme in unison when an episode plays, followed by jubilant cheering.

Please, leave it be. I think it's perfect as it is. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I think it's too long to be an opener. I know anime does it, but they at least have credits going during it.

Besides, I'm kind of attached to what we have.

the video I posted was the extended version.  It's usually only about a minute or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCYa6BbyYA

where did you find that song???????????

the video I posted was the extended version.  It's usually only about a minute or so.

where did you find that song???????????

Just the Japanese opening xD

Like the first result for it. Looked it up because of a conversation/thread similar to this one 

It should be this song. It captures the spirit perfectly.

----Edit---

It's an attempt a joke before anyone gets all up in arms about the post. It's actually the theme song from Sacred 2 Fallen Angel. And No way fits MLP FiM, as FiM doesn't even play with the notion of war. 

Edited by Honsou

Localization differences are sometimes necessary due to language and cultural barriers. Both the Italian and Japanese teams have done fantastic work in adapting the opening to their respective countries. Personally, I think that each version possesses a unique charm, and that the English version perfectly captures the spirit of the show, delighting most children and bronies in the areas receiving that broadcast. Some disagree in this thread, and this wouldn't be the first time I've heard people say they prefer the intros other countries have or that ours is "cringeworthy." Contrarily, I know a lot of people feel as I do, and there's nothing quite like the experience of being in a massive auditorium of bronies at a convention while they sing the theme in unison when an episode plays, followed by jubilant cheering.

Please, leave it be. I think it's perfect as it is. :squee:

For the second thread in a row I'm in perfect agreement with Arty. The American version, while indeed silly, has plenty of charm and heart all of it's own. Yeah it's not the most catchy thing out there, but it works quite good.

Plus you know it works when it can get crowns of people cheering at the start. <3

• Brohoof 2

Oh yeah , I pretty much always skip the intro. It's only a throwback to years of hearing the jingle on commercials, and I DESIPSED it then. I can tolerate it now, but I particularly am irked by those first ten notes.

When I first started watching the show I thought they'd change the title sequence (or at least SOMETHING) each season, like in many other animated series. They sort of did, but nothing huge is different for EVERY season.

That's usually just anime. Most western cartoons rarely change their intro, and if they do it's usually just the animation that's changed like how they've made adjustments to the show's intro.

I actually like the theme. It was kinda annoying at first but it's really grown on me now.

I don't think I want the whole theme itself to change, but I wouldn't mind it if they did it like Doctor Who. Where they do a remix of the same theme for a next intro.

• Brohoof 1